Creative Zen Sleek Reviews

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

The Creative Zen Sleek is being billed as the next MP3 player to create a huge stir amongst music fans. The Zen Sleek has gorgeous looks with its brushed metal highlights and big colour screen. There is more to this player than appearance though as it comes complete with touch controls, a 20 GB memory and a built in FM tuner which will allow you to record tracks from the radio onto the Zen Sleek. If you have purchased or tested a Creative Zen Sleek then why not write a review and share your experience with thousands of other users.

Creative Zen Sleek - Ask a question now

Connectors
Interface: USB 2.0
Outputs: Headphone Jack
Other Features
Additional Features: FM Stereo TunerVoice RecorderRadio RecorderUpgradable Firmware
Power Supply
Depth: 1.7 cm
Weight: 164.4 g
Warranty: 90 Days

Creative Zen Sleek

“I found that it freezes too often and for no reason...”

Written on: 25/01/2007 by kpodo2006 (1 review written)

I found that it freezes too often and for no reason which takes away the good points - if you can use your mp3 player when you want to, the fact that it has good features becomes irrelevant… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“Apart from the bad points I have mentioned above, I am...”

Written on: 09/09/2006 by timbo (10 reviews written)

Apart from the bad points I have mentioned above, I am very pleased with the Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player. It can hold a fantastic amount of music. The radio is a very good feature, and it basically does the job. If you are determined to get a Zen, I would not recommend it. I would recommend the 20Gb Zen Micro… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“You are able to put lot of songs and photos on. I got...”

Written on: 03/09/2006 by luo (1 review written)

You are able to put lot of songs and photos on. I got mind from Argos and it was only £110. I have had this mp3 player about 4 months and I think is very good… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“I paid 200 for mine and now they are 100. Argos are...”

Written on: 28/07/2006 by zippyandbungle (1 review written)

I paid 200 for mine and now they are 100. Argos are refunding my money no question and they don't have them in stock any longer which makes me think its not such a great player after all. I think next time I'll pick a player that has been about for a bit rather than getting the latest model as I have now lost all my music!

Don't get it...i was really disappointed....thought a creative zen would be a better choice than the typical iPod but i was wrong!… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“I-pods may be great (not having tried one), but I...”

Written on: 14/04/2006 by Sarah D (1 review written)

I-pods may be great (not having tried one), but I really dislike them for no apparent reason other than the fact Apple (and seemingly the entire media) are trying to make the word "i-pod" synonymous with "mp3" player. However, when buying my MP3 player I was wary that Creative, not being a household name, might be inferior. Seven months on, I can happily report that I now love my Creative Zen Sleek with something approaching obsession.
The sound quality is excellent - very full, rounded and… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“I have just got my Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player, but...”

Written on: 31/03/2006 by tenchman (1 review written)

I have just got my Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player, but I am still unsure how to use it. I did have the FM radio on, and then I inadvertently recorded 2 or 3 tracks which I would like to remove. Can anyone help please?… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“My daughter is on her third iPod. The first two...”

Written on: 24/02/2006 by b6waf (18 reviews written)

My daughter is on her third iPod. The first two developed faults and were replaced. The iTunes software messed up our PC. I really wouldn't have one given to me freely.

Without the slightest interest in fashion or icon status, I wanted sound quality and reliability. That's what I got with the Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player.

Nice to use, nice to listen to, and good battery life. I invested in some Shure earphones which fit inside the ear, and they give superb sound quality, but you can… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“The Creative Zen Sleek is a well laid out MP3 player...”

Written on: 22/01/2006 by Patrick534 (1 review written)

The Creative Zen Sleek is a well laid out MP3 player with great features! The sound quality is brilliant, but like all in-ear headphones, you might want a bit more bass in your music, so the best headphones to buy would the ones that go round the back of your head and sit just outside your ears.

The MP3 player itself looks great, and it is very stylish. The thing I hate when reading other reviews is all they ever talk about is what the thing looks like and how good it looks. An MP3 player is… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“I was recommended the Creative brand of MP3 players by...”

Written on: 06/01/2006 by groovylaura2000 (1 review written)

I was recommended the Creative brand of MP3 players by a friend who owns a Creative Zen Micro. I decided it would be better to have the next one up from hers, with a larger capacity. The Creative Zen Sleek was well worth the money, as I have been able to record music from the radio and put several albums on it without filling it up at all. I can put up to 10,000 songs on it, which enables me to add all my friends CD's too.

It hasn't gone wrong yet, which is surprising, as I've dropped it… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“The Creative Zen Sleek is simply one of the best MP3...”

Written on: 02/01/2006 by mightyboosh (1 review written)

The Creative Zen Sleek is simply one of the best MP3 players I have ever come across. It has a memory capacity of 20GB, which is enough space to hold around 5,000 songs; enough to easily add your music collection. The sound quality from the headphones is very good, and with such features as an FM radio to which you can set preset stations (a useful asset) you're spoilt for choice with the options it contains.

The vertical touch-pad does take some time to get used to, but once you've got to… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“For those of you who were wondering, the removable...”

Written on: 10/12/2005 by Psythik (1 review written)

For those of you who were wondering, the removable disk option on the Creative Zen Sleek MP3 Player is uber easy to configure; all you do is go to Extras Removable Disk and set the capacity anywhere from 512MB to 16GB.

The best part is that you don't even need a computer to enable it! Within literally seconds it was ready to go, and I was able to plug it into my PC and immediately start transferring files.

Windows XP/2k machines automatically recognise it as a Removable Disk drive (just… Read Full Review

Skyrail's Response to Psythik's Review

Written on: 19/03/2006

Wow this is pretty amazing review, ive been thinking about getting a new mp3 pllayer for sometime. I would like an IPod beacause of the wheel, however i don't have the money so im going to stick with a Creative Zen, either this one or the Sleek Photo :)

Creative Zen Sleek

“I love my Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player. Everything...”

Written on: 09/11/2005 by retrocoolJ (1 review written)

I love my Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player. Everything about it is great. It is my first MP3 player. It's reliable and has fantastic sound quality. I think that the radio and the microphone are great features.

It was a good buy, and I have had no problems at all. I think it is better than an iPod by far, and it looks great too!… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“Creative Zen Sleek is pretty much the best ever made...”

Written on: 28/10/2005 by niskanenm (1 review written)

Creative Zen Sleek is pretty much the best ever made of all time because it has the cool buttons and all the cool lights and stuff… Read Full Review

Creative Zen Sleek

“I got my Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player about a week...”

Written on: 01/10/2005 by jdeadwyler (1 review written)

I got my Creative Zen Sleek MP3 player about a week ago, after having 2 iPods die on me, and I am very satisfied. I bought mine at Best Buy for $304 including a 2-year warranty, so I feel very safe with this. So far it works like a charm. The media player included is very similar to iTunes, so those previous iPod owners won't be disappointed. The touch pad can be slightly clunky, but it just takes some getting used to. The battery seems great. I'm not sure exactly how long it lasts, but I… Read Full Review

Danbulley's Response to jdeadwyler's Review

Written on: 16/11/2005

Hi; thanks for the review, I am considering buying this product after reading it. I was just wondering whether you could briefly tell me about the transfering of files (e.g. is it simply a case of drag and drop, or a little more complicated)? And also, what is the organisation of the music library like on the player (i.e. is it similar to a windows type menu, where you simply have an artists folder which contains the different albums, which in turn contains the individual tracks)? I would be grateful for any help. thanks

Danbulley's Response to jdeadwyler's Review

Written on: 21/11/2005

thanks for all the info and your help jdeadwyler; I think that I will purchase a zen sleek now!
<br>
<br>cheers for your help, i appreciate it

Jdeadwyler's Response to jdeadwyler's Review

Written on: 17/11/2005

Hey, thanks for the response. The software contains 2 programs for managing your music (a media player and a general manager). Both use the same method of transferring music, which is a client that transfers your music and Outlook contacts either to or from your Zen. So to answer your question, it's not drag-and-drop; it uses a manager. The only problem is that I have found this to be sluggish, but that may be because i have 2800 songs. Browsing your music in the player is very easy. You can select to only see songs from a certain genre, artist, and/or album, or you can sort your entire library by a field (such as song title, album name, etc.). It is quite simple. I hope this helps, and good luck with any purchase you make.

Creative Zen Sleek

“OH MY GOD!!! I tested this because my dad works in a...”

Written on: 23/07/2005 by JH Northern Ireland (2 reviews written)

OH MY GOD!!! I tested this because my dad works in a well known electronics outlet. It is heavenly! I have had the Creative Zen Touch and my sister has an iPod, but this.......this takes the biscuit, it is simply amazing. It looks better than any mp3 player out there in my opinion. The battery life is brilliant compared to that of the ipod, wait for it..........16 hours! It has a radio with tha ability of 32 stations, if you know that many radio stations that is. Oh and again wait for… Read Full Review

Mbdlw's Response to JH Northern Ireland's Review

Written on: 19/09/2005

One more thing to mention: this baby can synchronize with Microsoft Outlook, which means you can now carry your entire contact list and calendar with you everywhere you go. Goodbye PDA, hello Zen Sleek!!!!