Tripp Reviews - www.tripp.co.uk

• Durability

? Ask our helpful expert about this product or company
Ask our Expert

Hello,

I'd just like to introduce myself as Review Centre's Travel Accessories Expert. If there is anything you want to know about this category, please feel free to ask me a question. I will do my utmost to give you the best possible answer.

So, here is a little bit about me. I am an avid traveller, you name it, I've been there, or want to go there. Travelling abroad is one of my main passions in life. I'm the most compact packer there is, I can easily fit a weeks holiday into a cabin suitcase. The trick? Always pack travel accessories that are built with travel in mind.

I have written a few guides with travel accessories in mind, so please do take a look before you embark on a journey. If you have any ideas for other guides you would like to read about, just send an email to contactus@reviewcentre.com, and I will have a look at them for you.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Customer care”

Written on: 11/09/2014

TRIPP CUSTOMER CARE WERE GREAT! Ever so helpful and resolved my issue straight away! Couldn't of asked for better customer service… Read Full Review

Thank you for your comments.

Providing high levels of customer service is vital to the success of our business and I am therefore pleased to learn of your recent experience.

Busy lives prevent most of us from providing feedback following a positive customer service experience and we are grateful that you have written to us on this occasion.

I trust that future service offered to you will continue to reflect our high standards of customer care.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Broken handle bracket after 5 trips! ”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by KarlyJenkins (1 review written)

After returning from our holiday contacted Debenhams about the the handle bracket being broken on my Tripp suitcase after just 5 uses, they told me I had to phone Tripp direct which I done they told me I had to go to Debenhams! I asked about spares as it it just a case of screwing a new bracket on only to be told you can't get spares for Tripp luggage. So I am on my way to Debenhams now to see if they will replace it, after reading the reviews I am not holding my breath. I will define not be… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/09/2014

Good Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues with your suitcase. We operate a 5 year guarantee on all of our products which covers all manufacturing faults but does not cover general wear and tear or damage sustained in transit eg by baggage handlers.

We do not provide spare parts for any of our suitcases however if you purchased the item in a Debenhams store, we would directly arrange an inspection in your nearest Debenhams store so we can ascertain if your item is covered under the guarantee.

If you could please contact us and we will be able to assist you with this.

Mc1961's Comment

Written on: 04/10/2014

I also have the same issue.
Seems like it could be a Design fault? The self tapping screw into a plastic part isnt up to the job.
What is your advice to customers, to scrap a £50 plus case because you cant supply a spare plastic part costing a few pence?

Thank you for your comments.

If you could please contact us with your order details if you placed your order online, if in store then please send a copy of your receipt if you still have it. If you don't have your receipt if you could let us know the PO number (written on a label attached to the lining of the suitcase). This will tell me what range the item was from and I will be able to check if there have been any recurring issues with that particular product.

As stated above our guarantee will cover any manufacturing faults and we will replace the case for you. Please get in contact with us and we will arrange this for you.

We are unfortunately unable to provide spare parts due to the number of ranges we sell, all of varying sizes and colours meaning that there would be hundreds of componant parts we would need to have available at all times. Our ranges also change very regularly so it is not feasible to have all spare parts available for all products at all times as our products are also manufactured overseas. Some componant parts are removable whereas on some ranges you cannot remove the wheels/handles without damaging the case. If not fitted correctly this could also invalidate the guarantee.

I do appreciate your frustration and I will of course pass your feedback on. In place of this service, we do offer a guarantee to replace the item in case of any manufacturing defect.

Please email us and we will do what we can to help.

Jackedoff's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2014

I have the same issue, only this was only the 2nd time my suitcase had been used. Please let me know the outcome of your trip to. Debenhams.
Jax

Thank you for your comments.

If you could get in touch with us with information about your product we will do what we can to assist you.

If your item was ordered online, please include your order number or delivery postcode. If your product was ordered in store then please send us an image of your receipt and also state the PO number (located on a label attached to the lining of the suitcase). I can then see what range the product is from in case there are any issues.

If you are able to, send us a photograph of the issue as well.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Debtow's Comment

Written on: 19/10/2014

I also have the same problem. I used my case for the first time and on the return trip when checking in at the airport both the top and side handles came away from the case.

I purchased my case at a Debenhams store but don't have my receipt - can I still obtain a replacement?

Written on: 23/10/2014

Thank you for your message.

Could you please email us with your details and we will ask your nearest Debenhams store to call you to invite you in for an inspection.

Our 5 year guarantee covers all faults in the manufacturing process so once we have confirmed the faults are covered under our guarantee we can get this exchanged for you. We do not need the receipt, we can tell if the case is within 5 years from the batch number which is written on a label attached to the lining.

We look forward to hearing from you so we can get this resolved quickly and offer our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Debtow's Comment

Written on: 15/11/2014

Thank you. I purchased the case from the sheffield meadowhall store. I am happy to take the case into store for assessment.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Am I entitled to a replacement”

Written on: 18/08/2014 by Lush16 (1 review written)

I purchased a Tripp pink hard shell case 3 years ago from Debenhams Uxbridge ,have used about 5 times the Zip has gone so now is totally unusable !! I go on holiday on Friday so am going to have to buy a new one which I could well have done without am I entitled to a replacement?… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to Lush16's Review

Written on: 21/08/2014

Thank you for your review.

We're very sorry to hear that there's an issue with the zip on your suitcase. We operate a 5 year manufacturing guarantee on all of our products so we would need to inspect the product to ascertain if it's covered. If you could please contact us by email and include your contact details, we will ask the Tripp concession in Uxbridge to call you and arrange an instore inspection. Inspections can be done in any Debenhams store with a Tripp concession so please let me know if this isn't the most convenient for you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Customer Service

“One use only”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by 258Roach (1 review written)

Purchased case used once and wheel broken off - Yes this could be the airline's fault, however cannot purchase spares to repair, so what use is a five year guarantee as they have small print showing not covered!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/08/2014

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry that the broken wheel was not covered under our 5 year manufacturing guarantee. We do not cover damage caused by the airline or general wear and tear. We do cover any manufacturing fault so if there is a departure from the original design specifications and the case didn't turn out as it was intended to, we will replace it. We do try and be as flexible as possible as it can depend how often the case has been used as to whether damage is excessive wear and tear for example.

If an airline damages your suitcase, they do have procedures in place to ensure that you can claim from them who will either reimburse you or replace your suitcase.

Due to the wide range of collections we stock, which change regularly, we are unable to hold spare parts for our collections.

I'm sincerely sorry that we were not able to assist you on this occasion.

Tripp luggage

Stanley26's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2014

Same story here.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Will not honour the guarantee ”

Written on: 05/07/2014 by Tezzer2014 (1 review written)

I had purchased my case in Uxbridge in 2012 but had since lost my receipt so took my case to Staines, I spoke to a few people and ended up leaving it at the store for the managers attention. However I got a message from the manager for Staines on my phone telling me there is nothing she can do and I will have to take my case to Uxbridge at some inconvenience and refused to replace it. The damage was caused by the flimsy zip pull and holder that broke off completely. It happened after my… Read Full Review

Tezzer2014's Response to Tezzer2014's Review

Written on: 05/07/2014

I have to travel in the last week of the month so a sense of urgency will be most welcome.

Trippluggage's Response to Tezzer2014's Review

Written on: 10/07/2014

Thank you for your feedback.

My name is Charlotte Osborne and I'm the Customer Services Manager for Tripp. If you could please contact me, so I can look into this for you.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Pretty but not durable!”

Written on: 24/04/2014 by Wilsoneo411 (1 review written)

Attractive hold all on two wheels with a retractable handle for pulling or pushing. I have owned two in three years but I will not purchase another as they do not stand up to wear and tear. The last one I purchased was the largest capacity,purple coloured with pink and turquoise flowers and loved it. Unfortunately it has made only two plane trips but will not survive another. I have just returned from a holiday and whilst I was waiting by the carousel at the airport I looked carefully at the… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/04/2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I believe the suitcases that you have now and have had in the past are our Express print collection. These have always been an extremely popular collection and to my knowledge we have had no recurring issues with them wearing on the bottom. I know that the range we stock now does have a bar across the bottom to protect it.

We would be happy to arrange an inspection for you in store or if you could email us some images of your suitcase we would be willing to review them for you.

Under the terms of our 5 year guarantee, if there is a manufacturing issue with the suitcase we will of course replace it for you.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“'A durable collection that CAN'T withstand wear and...”

Written on: 19/04/2014 by AdisonFraser341 (1 review written)

After just two flights our Tripp Lite 4W Large 4 wheel suitcase is beyond repair. The Tripp website suggests the following: ' The Tripp Lite suitcase is a durable collection that can withstand wear and tear' where is the honesty in advertising!! After years of using Samsonite I unfortunately decided to try Tripp, the case has developed cracks and for that reason can't be used. Customer service weren't interested. I presume Debenham's have a vested interest in Tripp. Stocking them is detrimental… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/04/2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your Tripp suitcase.

I'm sorry to hear that we were not able to help you with regards the crack in your suitcase.

Our 5 year manufacturing guarantee covers any defect in the manufacture of the case but it does not cover normal wear and tear and damage sustained in transit. Usually a crack in a suitcase does unfortunately occur due to external forces as all of our suitcases are extensively tested to ensure that they will withstand the rigours of travel. The Lite suitcase came first when tested by the Gadget Show in a series of durability tests proving that it would need to be blow of enormous force to cause a crack to appear in the suitcase.

I have not seen images of the suitcase myself and so I would of course be willing to review them if you could forward them to me by email.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“hard case splits after one trip”

Written on: 16/04/2014 by mikewxm (1 review written)

I bought the lite hard-shell suitcase in graphite and the matching carryon because I have a few trips to make over the next couple of years and with tripp offering a 5year guarantee it seemed sensible to give tripp a look at then I find this product winner of a gadget show award and praised as one of the strongest and most durable suitcases available reasonably priced I bought it and it arrived promptly and looked great. But after just one trip away it has developed a crack along the side of… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to mikewxm's Review

Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that we were not able to replace your suitcase for you. We are confident in the durability in this particular suitcase and after viewing images of your suitcase we did come to the decision that unfortunately this was transit damage and not a manufacturing fault of the case which is what our guarantee covers.

Unfortunately none of us know what caused the crack in your case and it is possible that it was crushed under something, perhaps other suitcases but we do not know for sure. As you mention, the Gadget Show did test our suitcases extensively showing that whatever caused the crack, it must have been a huge blow for it to have sustained this damage.

The airlines do have in place a claims procedure for any damaged luggage and we are always happy to provide information to assist with your claim.

I am sincerely sorry that we were not able to help you any further with your claim.

Kindest Regards

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“7 STAR after sales service”

Written on: 07/04/2014 by mercedesml320 (1 review written)

What a breath of fresh air to take a 3 year old suitcase back with a small fault to Debenhams in Bull Ring Birmingham,without a receipt and have it changed immediately by a very courteous young lady.No wonder the cases were selling fast today.Congratulations to Tripp i will recommend you… Read Full Review

“Hawaii pattern...”

Written on: 05/03/2014 by Louise1173 (1 review written)

I purchased my case in Sept 2011. On the first trip, the leather border ripped but as the case still functioned, I didn't complain. However after my last trip (which was the fourth time I'd used the case) one of the internal straps has broken so there's nothing to hold your clothes in place. Hence I can't really use it as is. I can't find a contact address for Tripp so do I bring it back to Debenhams? I can't find the receipt. I also bought a small Tripp case - I hope I have more luck with that… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to Louise1173's Review

Written on: 06/03/2014

We're very sorry to hear that you've had an issue with one of your items. We operate a 5 year manufacturing guarantee on all of our products and it is not always necessary to have your receipt so we would be happy to have a look at the item for you. Please email me with your contact details or give us a call and we can arrange for your item to be inspected. We hope to hear from you soon so we can try and get this resolved swiftly.

Louise1173's reply to Trippluggage's Comment

Written on: 21/05/2014

All was resolved. I brought back the case to where I purchased it, and it was exchanged for a similar one without a quibble. Excellent customer service from Tripp - thank you!

“best suitcases ever!”

Written on: 19/01/2014

I have a couple of Tripp suitcases, a large hard case and a wheeled duffle! Both have served me well for over 8 years now! I travel 2-3 times a year to less developed countries where luggage gets some hammering so after 20+ trips they are still as good as new! The hard case a god send when travelling alone as I dont need to get a trolley or porters to help me, the thing steers itself! I also have the soft side hand luggage and love the fact I can use the side velco strap to fasten it round the… Read Full Review

“Wheel Duffle - Large ”

Written on: 19/12/2013 by John Buxton (3 reviews written)

I've had my Tripp 63 litres, Wheel Duffle for 2 years. It's done 7 flights and been in and out of taxis etc many times without much sign of wear. Overall it's an excellent bag and the fact that I picked it up in Debenhams for £25 makes it a fantastic bargain… Read Full Review

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Broken after one flight !”

Written on: 16/12/2013 by VirginGymHater (4 reviews written)

So I needed a suitcase to travel as mine had broken :( Went to Debenhams as I thought they stocked Samsonite (they don't), they now only stock Tripp. However they were on sale so I purchased one. Packed and went on my trip. Upon arriving at destination I found that the handle was coming loose (the screw behind handle was visible) and the extendable handle was now no more than a decoration as it would not extend. That said upon my return I took the case back to Debenhams where a full refund was… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to VirginGymHater's Review

Written on: 19/12/2013

Thank you for your review.

I'm so sorry to hear that there was a fault with your case. Without knowing exactly what case it was I couldn't comment on the issue in detail. Please be assured that it is very unusual for a case to have such an obvious fault such as this, we do implement very thorough quality control checks throughout the manufacturing process.

We operate a 5 year manufacturing guarantee so should you have a manufacturing issue with your Tripp case within 5 years then we would be able to replace it for you.

I hope that this has not discouraged you from buying from us again and should you require any further assistance, pelase do not hesitate to contact us.

“Can't be repaired”

Written on: 03/11/2013

The outer casing on the wheel of my small Tripp hand luggage suitcase cracked and came off after 4 years. I am not a heavy traveller so I don't use the suitcase that much (maybe 2/3 times per year) and would have expected it to last longer. Tripp offer a 5 year guarantee but I didn't get around to contacting them for ages and when I did, surprise surprise I was just 4 months out of the guarantee period. However, they told me it is not possible to repair the wheels! The casing on the other… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/11/2013

Good Morning,

Thank you for your review regarding the wheels on your suitcase.

We fully appreciate your frustration with regards to the wheels on our products. As with any product with moveable parts especially something like a wheel that is in contact with rough surfaces, they will eventually wear in time.

Unfortunately our suitcases do not come apart so that you can replace any of the componant parts, we believe that this makes them stronger.

Our wheels do vary on every product as we do a wide range of different styles of suitcase. Some are made of more premium materials and this is reflected in the price meaning that the wheels do have to be adjusted to ensure that the design of every suitcase is as good as it can be.

I appreciate your comments and I have already passed your feedback onto our product team from when we spoke initially.

Please let me know if there's anything further we can do to help.

Stupropmaint's Comment

Written on: 17/12/2013

I also have a case that was used once from brand new and the wheel carrier has broken off completely.It now doesnt roll along and if I could get a spare it would be fine.
So perfect suitcase now unusable seems such a waste for the want of a spare part.
I will buy better quality next time also as the wheel carrier was not fit for purpose.

“Tripp luggage”

Written on: 31/10/2013 by Twanger (1 review written)

Over the last few years I have purchased five suitcases from Tripp. They have proved to be durable,lightweight, stylish and well designed, and have served me well. I have the soft cabin suitcase, as well as the hard shell Tripp Lite 4W in three different sizes. The hard shell cases have withstood the rigours of airport handling very well over the period, essentially being made of the same stuff you find on car bumpers! I recently purchased the Star Lite 4W and am pleased so far. It is very… Read Full Review

“Fantastic service!”

Written on: 14/10/2013 by Bmg7 (1 review written)

While on holiday, I went to lift my loaded case onto the bed, and one end of the handle came away from the case! Only 2 years old, and had done half a dozen holidays, so I left it with the maintenance guys in the hotel, to take a look at, and they effected a temporary repair for me. Back home, couldn't find the receipt, (Debenhams) so I figured that the temporary repair was about to become a permanent one! Shy kids don't eat though, so I gambled the price of a call to Tripp...........couldn't… Read Full Review

“Wheel came off.”

Written on: 09/09/2013 by Badtripp (1 review written)

I bought an ultra glide trip suitcase a couple of years back. Unfortunately I now use it as storage as after only a few uses one of the wheels has come off. When I went wrote to Tripp customer services I was told 'From the initial inspection of the images this damage appears to have been caused in transit, normally if a wheel has come away from the case this is classed as airline damage' and that there was nothing they could do as I live in Paris I can't bring it in to a Tripp store to be… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to Badtripp's Review

Written on: 10/09/2013

We're sorry that your wheel came off your Ultra Glide suitcase purchased in 2009. Unfortunately on this occasion from the initial inspection of the photo you sent to us, we were unable to confirm that this was a manufacturing fault and so would require the case to be looked at in person by one of our expert Tripp members of staff in store.

Our 5 year guarantee covers defects in the manufacture of the case but does not cover a normal amount of wear and tear or transit damage.

As we are a UK company, at the moment we are currently only able to ship orders to the UK, Ireland, Denmark and Germany and we only have stores in the UK, Germany and Ireland in which to arrange an inspection for you.

I appreciate your frustration and we would be happy to inspect the case further in one of our stores.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Scratched before it's first trip”

Written on: 19/08/2013

My blue Tripp suitcase got scratched on the first day I bought it, without being roughly handled in any way at all, just on absolutely normal handling, as I was putting it away at home. It did not bang into anything, there was nothing rough near it, it was empty so very easy to handle. I dread to see what it will look like after it's first trip. Of course, this does not count as a reason to claim on my 5 year guarantee! I think this is very poor quality and am very sorry to have bought it… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/08/2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding this product. We are confidant in the strength and durability of the material used in our products to ensure that they are both lightweight and strong. If you wish to contact us we can find out what case you purchased and try and assist you further.

Tripp Luggage.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“My handle bracket was broken by baggage handlers.”

Written on: 18/08/2013 by Stevemccallan (1 review written)

My handle bracket was broken by baggage handlers. As the case was still serviceable I phoned Tripp to get a new bracket and was informed that they don't carry spare parts and to take the case to my nearest Tripp outlet. I explained that I was not sure when we bought the case (about 4 years) and that I didn't keep the receipt. I took my case to Tripp in Debenhams Southampton where the service was nothing short of Fantastic. There was no questions asked, the Tripp assistant asked me if I'd like… Read Full Review

“Great Case!”

Written on: 09/08/2013

I recently bought the Tripp Star Lite Medium Suitcase in Mulberry online for my daughter. She is going to work overseas and needed something that will last all of the travelling. It was delivered on time and the case is fab, really sturdy and my daughter loves the pink colour (she definitely will spot it at the airport!) Thanks Tripp, will buy from you again :) … Read Full Review