Tripp Reviews - www.tripp.co.uk

102
  • Durability

? Ask our helpful expert about this product or company
Ask our Expert

Hello,

I'd just like to introduce myself as Review Centre's Travel Accessories Expert. If there is anything you want to know about this category, please feel free to ask me a question. I will do my utmost to give you the best possible answer.

So, here is a little bit about me. I am an avid traveller, you name it, I've been there, or want to go there. Travelling abroad is one of my main passions in life. I'm the most compact packer there is, I can easily fit a weeks holiday into a cabin suitcase. The trick? Always pack travel accessories that are built with travel in mind.

I have written a few guides with travel accessories in mind, so please do take a look before you embark on a journey. If you have any ideas for other guides you would like to read about, just send an email to contactus@reviewcentre.com, and I will have a look at them for you.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk
Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Handle snapped on cabin case”

Written on: 13/11/2016 by karenw1962 (1 review written)

I purchased a Lime Tripp Cabin Case in June 2015 for my sister-in-laws 30th birthday, after previously buying a cabin and medium case for my daughter, which I have been extremely pleased with. My sister-in-law has just returned from a weekend break, in which the handle snapped off. The case has only been used on a couple of occasions, and certainly not been mishandled. This is extremely disappointing and altered my opinion of Tripp cases… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to karenw1962's Review

Written on: 17/11/2016

Thank you for your review.

I'm very sorry to hear that there's an issue with the handle on your case, please be assured that this isn't typical of Tripp's usual quality and standards.

If you could please contact Tripp Customer Services (you will find the details on our website) so that we can inspect the case and get it swapped under the terms of our 5 year guarantee.

Please confirm if the case was ordered online or in store. If in store, please confirm whether you have the receipt, if online, please supply the order number or delivery postcode so that we can access the details.

If possible, please email us through a few images of the fault as well so that we can assess the issue.

I apologise once again for any inconvenience caused and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tripp Customer Services

“Issues with matching luggage and failure of one”

Written on: 24/10/2016 by AndyMiles (1 review written)

Have bought Tripp luggage before and been happy with them. Last year we renewed our suitcases and after the first use, the zip on one of them failed. We took it back to Debenhams who were happy to replace that one. Unfortunately the previous case was no longer available, so we had to purchase a matching one. Now we are back off holiday and on first use the handle broke on one if the cases. Have been back in store today and they will once again replace the one that is damaged but not the other (… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to AndyMiles's Review

Written on: 27/10/2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your suitcases.

I'm very sorry to hear that you have had issues with the cases, please be assured that this is in no way typical of Tripp's usual quality and standards.

If you could please contact customer services by email or telephone (the details are on our website as I am unable to post them here) with the details of the products you currently have we will do what we can to assist you.

We do sell our items individually and not as sets and often the colours are seasonal and so change regularly. Our guarantee covers faulty items but not any items that have been purchased to match.

As soon as we receive details of your issue, we will do everything we can to help you.

“Amazing offers”

Written on: 19/09/2016 by releive (1 review written)

Fantastic offers and great range of cases. Outstanding customer service from the manager. Really recommend a visit you won't be disappointed!… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to releive's Review

Written on: 29/09/2016

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us. If you could get in touch and confirm the name of the store you went to, I would be happy to forward your feedback on to the store in question. You will find our information on our website under the Contact Us section. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Tripp Customer Services

“Suitcases cracked after one use”

Written on: 14/09/2016

Three suitcases, two less than one year old, all the cases have cracked after a couple of uses. We have been advised this is not covered by the guarantee. I would advice not buying this brand, the suitcases will not last and are not good quality… Read Full Review

“Excellent suitcase, but ..”

Written on: 18/07/2016 by amypage (1 review written)

The connection for one of the internal straps has broken, can these be replaced if I take my Tripp suitcase into my nearest Debenhams store in Brighton. I think I've had this suitcase for around 3 years so keen to get it repaired if possible, Thanks… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to amypage's Review

Written on: 28/07/2016

Thank you for your review.

We operate a 5 year guarantee on all of our cases so we'd be more than happy to take a look at this for you. If you could contact Customer Services using the contact us page on the Tripp website and send us your contact number, I'll ask the Brighton store to give you a quick call to invite you into store. If there is a fault, we'd be happy to swap the case over for you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tripp Customer Services.

“Large Hardshell 4 Wheel Tripp Case Zip Popped on 3rd Use ”

Written on: 24/06/2016 by MillyMolly6 (1 review written)

I purchased a large hard shell 4 wheel Tripp case and on its 3rd use the zip popped. The zip popped by a small amount on a flight out and I managed take off the padlock and zip it back up. But on my return flight I was shocked to see that the zip had popped even more and that my suitcase was open with the contents spilling out! .. Until purchasing this Tripp case I had been using a set of suitcases that I purchased back before 2000. These suitcases have been used loads times and were still… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to MillyMolly6's Review

Written on: 30/06/2016

Thank you for your review.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had an issue with the zip on your case, please be assured that this is not typical of Tripp's usual quality and standards.

We are so confidant in the durability and robustness of our cases that we offer a 5 year manufacturing guarantee on all of our cases.

If you could please contact us confirming whether you purchased your case online or in store, we will be able to assist you further with this. If the case was ordered online, please supply your order number or delivery postcode so we can locate your online order details. You will also need to email us through a few images of the faulty zip so we can confirm the fault and offer you a courier exchange.

If the case was purchased in store, please confirm the PO number of the case (located on a fabric lining attached to the suitcase) so I can confirm what range the case is from and approximately how old it is. Please also confirm the name of your nearest store and your contact number and I will ask the store to call you to arrange an in store inspection.

As I am unable to post our contact details here, please go to the Tripp website and contact us either by telephone or email so we can assist you further with this.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

“Handle snapped”

Written on: 14/06/2016 by Ronniecutler (1 review written)

Purchased set of 3 Tripp suitcases/hand luggage bags in August 2015 from Debenhams in Birmingham. These have only been used once for our summer holiday but this weekend I used the small hand luggage case and as I went to remove it from the car the handle snapped. No force was used and for a top brand like Tripp I would expect more… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to Ronniecutler's Review

Written on: 16/06/2016

Thank you for your review.

We operate a 5 year manufacturing guarantee on all of our cases so we would be happy to look at this for you. Could you please email us with the details of your purchase so we can arrange an inspection in your nearest Debenhams store? Please provide your contact telephone number and we'll ask the Birmingham store to call you to arrange this with you.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

“First time buyer”

Written on: 10/06/2016

Bought a meduim size glide 111 online first time iv used and bought tripp luggage. It arrived tore inside and very mucky, i rang up and was firstly told i had to take pictures to email to show the damage, so then i rang again not happy with that response and was told something completley different ,which was basically were very sorry we will send you a new one straight away and give that damaged one to the courier, a new one arrived but it was the wrong item,it was large , so i rang up to… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/06/2016

Thank you for your review.

I'm very sorry to hear that your case arrived in a less than perfect condition and that you were not happy with the service you were given. We do normally require images for any items that have been delivered with a defect so we can check the batch it is from and ensure that you are sent an absolutely perfect one as a replacement.

We of course want you to be happy with the case you have paid for so if the large isn't suitable, we will make sure that you have a medium as originally ordered. If you could please email us with your details so I can check the details of this transaction for you?

Angielfc's Comment

Written on: 22/06/2016

Its ok il pass on that iv tried twice with you and manager wasnt really that sorry i could tell in her tone ,so whats point . Thanx anyway though.

“A slight problem”

Written on: 27/05/2016 by Jaychnade (1 review written)

I bought a set of tripp suit case around 4/5 years ago.from debenhams .haven't used the large one for last 3 years or so as the zip had got stuck but made good use of middle size and a lots of use of the little one but i have an issue with wheels as they are not working well and i dont know where to get then and further more how to change them.the suitcases is ok otherwise apart from a little wear. can you pleas help.I am going abroad on the 30th may though my wife wants to buy new ones but i… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to Jaychnade's Review

Written on: 07/06/2016

Thank you for your review regarding your suitcases.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had an issue with the zip on one of them and the wheels on the other. We do operate a 5 year manufacturing guarantee on our cases which covers all manufacturing faults but does not cover airline damage or depreciation caused by wear and tear.

We would be more than happy to arrange to inspect the case for you if you could give me a bit more information on how you purchased the case (online or in store). Please also confirm the PO number of the case (located on a fabric label attached to the lining of the case) so I can confirm what range the case is from and approximately how old it is. Please contact us via the contact details on our website so that we can assist you further.

Customer Service and Website Manager

“Great but broken handle”

Written on: 27/04/2016 by Denzel81 (1 review written)

Great cases bought mine in November 2015 online on tripp. Only snagg is have it 5 months and my handle broke. I hope I can bring it to debenhams saw on website to get it replaced. Love my little case… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/04/2016

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to hear that you've got a problem with the handle on your case. If you could email or call us at Tripp to let us know what Debenhams store you can get back to, we can arrange an in store inspection. Once we have confirmed that that the issue is a manufacturing fault covered under our guarantee, we will be able to arrange a replacement for you in store.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Written on: 28/04/2016

Tripp Customer Services

“Broken Handle in less than a year”

Written on: 11/04/2016 by Sasha54 (1 review written)

I bought the small lime suitcase end June/early July last year from Debenhams to use just as an overnight case. On the second time of using this last weekend, the handle snapped. There was not a lot of items in this case, surely they can withstand at least an overnight stay. I have been buying Tripp suitcases for years but am not impressed with the flat type of handle this suitcase has. I have searched high and low for my receipt to no avail, the PO REF IS 083216. In Lime. Please advise Thanks… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to Sasha54's Review

Written on: 14/04/2016

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your handle.

We do operate a 5 year manufacturing guarantee on all of our products so if there is an issue we can certainly inspect it for you even without your receipt. From the PO number you have provided I can see that the case is a Holiday lime case from 2015.

If you could please email us in some photographs or call us to arrange an inspection in your nearest Debenhams store, we will be able to assist you further. You can find all of our contact details on our website.

Scashcroft's Response to Sasha54's Review

Written on: 14/04/2016

Thanks for your reply, I sent an email with photos this morning.
Regards

Scashcroft's Response to Sasha54's Review

Written on: 14/04/2016

Thanks for your reply, I sent an email with photos this morning.
Regards

“Expensive poor quality”

Written on: 03/04/2016 by Jorden323 (1 review written)

We bought two Tripp suitcases after having a number of cheaper brands which were unsatisfactory. We chose a soft case because a previous hard one had been dented and we thought the five year guarantee would provide some protection against any problems. However after only three years one of the cases split along the seam. When I returned it to the store I was told that this was considered "wear and tear" damage which isn't covered under the guarantee.....but surely a suitcase should be… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/04/2016

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to hear that the damage to your suitcase was not considered as covered under our guarantee after inspection in store.

If you are happy to email us some photographs over, we could give you a second opinion?

We do offer a 5 year guarantee which covers any defects which have occured in the manufacturing process however we do not cover general wear and tear or transit damage. We do try and judge each case individually as it depends what kind of case it is, how often it's been used and what type of damage it is etc.

All of our cases are extensively tested to ensure that they are strong enough to withstand the normal amount of handling expected during transit however if a case is excessively crushed/dropped, or a fabric case is caught on something sharp then as they are not indestructable they will unfortunately break. In instances like this we would always recommend that you report the damage to the airline or relevant travel company. We can provide information to help support your claim with this.

We are always willing to inspect the cases and of course I would be happy to arrange an exchange if the images you provide do suggest a manufacturing issue.

Please go to the Contact Us section of the website and email us as much information as you can.

Tripp Customer Service

“Wheels are worn down to metal after 9 months”

Written on: 07/12/2015 by Morris115 (1 review written)

I purchased a medium 4 wheeled Tripp case from a Debanhams store around 9 months ago along with 2 more in the set. I am a frequent traveller so I tend to use this case frequently and I always keep it with me in the cabin. I noticed the case started getting harder to pull even though it was light to carry. It started pulling to one side and dragging on the pavement. I looked at the wheels and 2 of the wheels were worn down to the metal! I found this hard to believe after only 9 months of use!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/12/2015

I'm very sorry to hear that there's an issue with the wheels on your case. Our guarantee covers all manufacturing defects but doesn't cover wear and tear or transit damage (by the airline for example.)

With a 4 wheel case, we do appreciate that sometimes you do need to wheel the case on 2 wheels however the more you do this, the more these 2 wheels will wear and mean that the case becomes unstable. This should only happen if it's used excessively on the 2 wheels for a sustained period of time.

If you could please email us some images of the case along with the PO number (this is located on the fabric label attached to the lining of the case) and will tell us the range and approximate age we can then see how we're able to help you further.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tripp Customer Services

“No replacement parts available”

Written on: 22/10/2015 by FrequentTraveller001 (1 review written)

We bought a set of four Tripp Ultimate Lite suitcases believing it was a quality brand. Don't get me wrong, but the cases themselves have performed well, and are well made. However it is inevitable that at some point in air travel there is going to be some damage occuring via baggage handling. In our case one of the wheels was jammed on arrival at our destination and no amount of prising would free it. The answer I thought would be a simple replacement of the faulty wheel and/or housing. On… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to FrequentTraveller001's Review

Written on: 29/10/2015

I'm very sorry to hear that there's been an issue with the wheel on your case.

I'm afraid that due to the large number of ranges that we stock and the frequency with which they are updated and changed, we are unable to stock spare parts for every item.

We do however operate a 5 year manufacturing guarantee, if it is a fault with the case we will replace it for you. However our guarantee does not cover faults which have occured due to baggage handlers. Airlines or travel companies do have procedures in place to assist with luggage that has been damaged in transit and you are able to claim from them. We will always assist with any paperwork you require to support your claim.

I sincerely apologise that we have not yet been able to supply you with a spare wheel. If you would like to contact us again using the contact form with the name of your nearest store, I'll double check again for you.

Please let me know if there's anything further we can do to assist in the meantime.

“don't buy”

Written on: 12/10/2015 by BrendanGallagher59 (1 review written)

Always brought from tripp at Debenhams.On packing coming home from Bulgaria at the end of season,so acquiring another suitcase was imperative at last minute was not easy as shops were closing for end of season.Zip on tripp suit case had come apart.Took pictures of problem.Went to Debenhams at Basildon Essex.Assistant said no problem,as zip was covered by guarantee,just bring case in.Explained broken left in Bulgaria,but had photo.No not proof would not even look at photo.Assistant not capable… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/10/2015

Dear Mr Gallagher,

I'm so sorry to hear about the issue with the zip on your suitcase. I absolutely understand that it would have made it difficult to bring the case back as you would have had to either buy luggage straps or pay for your case to be wrapped.

As I'm sure you can appreciate, it is difficult to offer a refund without the item being physically present and this isn't something the store would have been able to authorise. We should be able to assist you however and I'm sorry that the store didn't advise you to call us on this occasion.

Could you please email all of the details you have to the email address on our website and we'll get back to you asap?

Tripp Customer Services

“Large Tripp luggage (Blue)”

Written on: 21/09/2015 by gpetrut (1 review written)

I am very disappointed of the luggage. I brought the luggage as a present for my husband. Today we used it first time and one of the wheels of the luggage has broken. This is not acceptable!… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to gpetrut's Review

Written on: 24/09/2015

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with the wheel on your case.

We do operate a 5 year manufacturing guarantee on all of our products so we would be more than happy to arrange to get this looked at for you.

If you could please contact us directly by going to our website where you will find out contact details, you can supply us with further information about how you made the order and the specifics of the item purchased so we can assist you further.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

“20 minute guarantee ”

Written on: 09/09/2015 by natashawoodward (1 review written)

I'm not 100% convinced I just brought a large blue case from Debenhams with a 5 year guarantee. Within 20 minutes of pushing it around the Birmingham Bullring shopping centre I noticed 2 separate faults . Took it back where there was no blue ones left and had to have coral. No apology or nothing I'm very disappointed and I'm no longer Confident with the Tripp brand. I highly don't recommend… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to natashawoodward's Review

Written on: 17/09/2015

Hi,

I'm extremely sorry that you had an issue with your case, please be assured that this isn't typical of our usual extremely high standards of quality. It sounds like you may have had the Holiday azure case which I'm afraid is a discontinued range so the store may have sold out.

It is never our intention to inconvenience customers in this way and if a mistake has been made or a fault found then we unreservedly apologise.

If you could please contact me privately to give me a bit of further information on this incident so that I could follow it up with the store?

Customer Service & Website Manager

“Am I entitled to a replacement set of cases”

Written on: 28/07/2015 by emmamfrearson (1 review written)

I purchased a set of 3 Tripp cases from Debenhams in Carmarthen, Wales. I do not have the original receipt and they were purchased using a credit card I no longer use or have statements for. I purchased these cases for their good reputation and the promise of quality and durability and the 5 year guarantee. However the handle has just broken on the larger case and the zip is faulty on the smaller case and the retractable pull along handles no longer work on the 2 smaller cases. They were… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to emmamfrearson's Review

Written on: 30/07/2015

Hi,

I'm extremely sorry to hear about the issues you have described on your various cases. We are very confidant in the quality and durability of all of our cases which is why we offer a 5 year manufacturing guarantee in the rare instance that something goes wrong.

Don't worry if you don't have the receipt, if you could please email us with the PO number of the cases (this is located on a fabric label attached to the lining of the caes). This will tell us the approximate age and range of the cases so we can help you further.

Please also attach some images of the faults you mention for review.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to hearing from you soon.

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 23/05/2015 by Daltonml42 (1 review written)

I bought 2 large hard suitcases few years ago online at Debenhams.com, and after the third trip the handle broke for one and the next trip the handle broke for the second suitcase...!!! I read a review here from a costumer in the same situation and decided to contact Tripp customer service directly 0207 . The staff member suggested to bring both suitcases to debenhams Oxford street for inspection. I went there with both the suitcases and was welcomed by a kind Tripp sales assistant. She… Read Full Review

Julielever1957's Comment

Written on: 28/05/2015

My handle has also fallen off
Unfortunately I am in Penang Malaysia with 6 more weeks of my holiday left
Customer services advice is to take the suitcase to the store in the UK ???
Pleased you are a happy customer
I am not

“Purchase Debenhams Oxford Circus & No Response”

Written on: 18/04/2015 by MargaretAde (1 review written)

Purchased three suitcases as stated using a debit card and money withdraw. There has been no contact from delivery company and having difficulties getting through to shop floor personnel. It's really unbelievable and has put a damper on a treat for my sister who has just had an operation. I can not believe I am still waiting for service from a high street store when a small retailer could get goods to me a lot quicker. I will be seeking a refund if I do not get any response soon. I would… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to MargaretAde's Review

Written on: 23/04/2015

Good Afternoon,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have had issues with your delivery. Unfortunately we are unable to access any contact details for you from this review.

I'm afraid that we are unable to offer a nominated day delivery service, our standard delivery is 3 working days.

Could you please email us or call us so we can locate your order and resolve your delivery issues?

Tripp Customer Service