Continental Weapons Griffon Bullpup 15 shot .177 Reviews

Continental Weapons Griffon Bullpup 15 shot .177 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Continental Weapons Griffon Bullpup 15 shot .177

Continental Weapons Griffon Bullpup 15 shot  .177
Continental Weapons Griffon Bullpup 15 shot  .177

“Compact, accurate & powerful”

Written on: 30/01/2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the weight and construction of this air rifle. After a few dozen rounds of dieseling and random performance while it burned off the heavy shipping oil, it began to settle down and produce .25 inch groups at 40 ft. I cleaned the gun and used sewing machine oil for another round of diesel belches and burps, after this second round of thinner oil burned off I was able to get the same grouping at 60 ft. Not bad for a sub $400 dollar gun. Using my chronograph I was… Read Full Review

“I purchased a GRIFFON AIR RIFLE back in 07 from a guy...”

Written on: 12/08/2010

I purchased a GRIFFON AIR RIFLE back in 07 from a guy for 85.00. I live in the united states. Though I was enamored by this weapon, I fell on hard times and had to sell it. I severely regret the sale of said weapon since I was unaware of its rarity in the US. If anyone knows how I could obtain another one of these for my son I would be forever in your debt. email me at mathew520@yahoo.com… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2012

could you please tell me who manufactures the griffon jh 819 air rifle. Thank you. Brian.

Tazmo8448's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2013

I know a friend who found one at a pawn shop in Dallas, Texas for 50 bucks and you are right they are rare here.

“Continental Weapons Griffon Bullpup 15 shot .177 is a...”

Written on: 29/06/2009

Continental Weapons Griffon Bullpup 15 shot .177 is a great gun good for vermin and or bigger not tryed yet on biger game but hoping to soon worth the money and was happy when got it… Read Full Review

“Not a patch on a pukka European gun, but worth the 70...”

Written on: 27/10/2007 by dexterbeef (3 reviews written)

Not a patch on a pukka European gun, but worth the 70 quid it cost me in Feb 06 as a birthday present for my 11 yo son. Needs a bit of care initially to tighten it up and needs 500 shots through it to clean up the gun oil in the mechanism. Would be super for ratting if a laser was fitted (if the laser can take the recoil) as the short barrel is great in and around buildings… Read Full Review

“Hello, i have the griffon bullpup for about 18 months...”

Written on: 29/07/2007 by Reuben Mentz (1 review written)

Hello, i have the griffon bullpup for about 18 months and I'm only 12 years old and i can shoot a bulls eye from about 20 meters and the bull is about 2.5 cm big my uncle bought it for me and i love it. Of all the airguns i've used the griffon bullpup is the best in handling and in accuracy plus you get what you pay for… Read Full Review

“I have been shooting with this air rifle for about 2...”

Written on: 26/02/2007 by swish135 (1 review written)

I have been shooting with this air rifle for about 2 months now, mainly rabbits, and have found it to be one of the best all round rifles that i have used. It has a lot of recoil but as long as you have a good shot you can compensate for it.
The multi shot magazine comes in useful if you need to reload quickly but the gun gives off a loud noise when it is fired. I have fitted a silencer to mine which helps, but does not make that greater difference.
I would recommend this gun for beginners… Read Full Review

Druid 66's Response to 279938_swish135's Review

Written on: 27/03/2007

If you cut a couple of coils off the spring it reduces the recoil considerably which makes it much nicer to shoot, this does`nt effect the power output much either (I found mine chronoed at 4.5ft lb before and 4ftlb after).
<br/>
<br/>At these `pistol type` power levels I certainly would NOT recommend it for shooting rabbits though!! It`s designed for plinking not hunting.
<br/>And let`s face facts those groupings can hardly be described as accurate?!
<br/>
<br/>Have fun though cos as a Backyard Fun Gun it is unquestionably `a Right Good Laugh!!`

“Be advised! Due to the Continental Weapons Griffon...”

Written on: 09/10/2005 by Druid 66 (6 reviews written)

Be advised! Due to the Continental Weapons Griffon Bullpup's unique design it would not be out of place in the next "Arnie movie".
I`ve had one for 9 months now and it is great for what it is designed for "Backyard Plinking".
Accuracy is fine (1" groups @ 15yds) if you use a good flat head like RWS R10s and only load 9 or 10 pellets into the mag (to avoid crushing the skirts)
It does have an "anti bear trap mechanism" but holding on to the side lever when changing the magazine is always good… Read Full Review

Druid 66's Response to Druid 66's Review

Written on: 10/03/2007

I just pulled this thing out of the cupboard again and decided to `Play Army` with it again!!
<br/>After a bit of Polishing and Greasing I set about it with a hacksaw!! By simply cutting 3 coils off the main spring it has smoothed it out no end.and the gun is much nicer to shoot now.
<br/>
<br/> The recoil is now `a lot less now` which has helped my groups to tighten up dramatically.
<br/>Admittedly the power has dropped to 4ftlbs but `So What` "It`s just for Shooting Cans!!"
<br/>
<br/>A SWAT Red Dot has now been added too; which all helps to enhance the `Tactical Look` of the rifle.
<br/>
<br/>It may be Chinese and even `breaks` occasionally but it`s cheap as chips and dead easy to fix.
<br/>I`m well pleased with it.

“Continental Weapons Griffon Bullpup 15 shot .177:...”

Written on: 04/07/2005 by Stokstyf (14 reviews written)

Continental Weapons Griffon Bullpup 15 shot .177: Hope this review is useful (it's my first one).

I've been using this rifle for about 2 months.
It use a side lever cocking mechanism. Using Gamo Match pellets, it was able to shoot at about 700ft/s. (Tested at shooting range)
I tried different types of pellets, and found the Gamo Match to be the most accurate.

Good points:
It is easy to assemble and to operate.
More powerful than most other rifles in the same price range.

Bad… Read Full Review

Leewillett1234's Response to Stokstyf's Review

Written on: 06/03/2006

where is the magazine on this gun a i am useless with them :S

Stokstyf's Response to Stokstyf's Review

Written on: 12/12/2007

7cm at 15m? I get under 10mm at 15m ( 5 shots ) with an old gun that I fixed for my kid. Any rifle, even a cheap one should not be more than an inch at that distance.

279938_Swish135's Response to Stokstyf's Review

Written on: 26/02/2007

I've had my Griffon for 2 weeks now and with a 4X40 scope i can consistently hit within 7cm and 15 metres

Druid 66's Response to Stokstyf's Review

Written on: 05/12/2006

The mag`s down in the handle mate!?

Stokstyf's Response to Stokstyf's Review

Written on: 03/04/2006

Guess what? The stupid gun is broken. Had a chat with the dealer last week. He told me none of them last for more than a year. He doesn't even want to sell them anymore.

Leewillett1234's Response to Stokstyf's Review

Written on: 06/03/2006

where can i find the magazine on this :S