Once In a Lifetime Tour (70's artists) Reviews

Once In a Lifetime Tour (70's artists) - Ask a question now

“once in a lifetime cardiff 2014”

Written on: 23/06/2014 by julem (1 review written)

Was do looking forward to this 17 of us went to cardiff. First half brilliant bay city rollers and showaddywaddy. Everyone dancing.2nd half was a big disappointment david essex singing songs we didnt know then the 3 osmonds no donny left early and so did a lot of people… Read Full Review

“Once in a lifetime? For you - Mr Cassidy - never again ! ”

Written on: 18/11/2012

How the mighty fall. Given the choice, I would have given ten stars to the superb Leo Sayer who enthralled the Sheffield Arena last Friday night with a warm, engaging and energetic performance which had everyone on their feet. I wasn't that fussed about Mr S's music as a teenager in the 70's, but I didn't want his show to end this time (cue puns about one of his tracks...) Smokie and Hot Chocolate - not the original line up - but hey - a great show. So to the top of the bill - and a stadium… Read Full Review

Lizzy8461's Comment

Written on: 19/11/2012

I could not agree with you more. 40 years I had waited to see David Cassidy and what a disappointment. He should be ashamed of his blatant moaning. Clearly it is part of his script as I saw the concert in Liverpool.

Cawilkinson's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2012

I again could not agree with you more. Leo Sayer was fantastic as was Smokie who I loved when growing up and Hot Chocolate were very entertaining. My Husband paid on top of the ticket price paid an extra amount for us to meet and greet all the bands before the show. What a Joke! We were all ushered into a room where we were given a once in a lifetime poster duly signed by everyone and were allowed one group photo with everyone. Five minutes later they all disappeared (645pm) On the way out I asked Mr Cassidy to sign a photo of him on a 40 year old Jackie magazine only to be nearly pushed over by him stating he had a show to do and was so rude. My husband could not believe what had happened and needless to say after his performance on stage and not even singing How Can I Be Sure although the band kept playing the intro he has lost another lifelong fan. Felt completely ripped off so thank goodness for the other artists who saved the night.

“the Greatest Concert ”

Written on: 15/11/2012

The Wembley Arena is lovely staff are really helpfull,so from beginning to end great experience took my five Grandsons aged 12 years to 17 years and we all had great time,Smokie,Hot Chocolate and Leo Sayer were absolutely great and everyone was up dancing including me,great atmosphere.We had to leave at 10.15pm to get home because the boys had to go school next day and we lived in Kent we just saw one song of David Cassidy… Read Full Review

“birmingham nec”

Written on: 13/11/2012 by julies59 (1 review written)

i attended the birmingham concert at the nec on nov 9th,it cost £8 to park,i am a big fan of smokie and they came on first,unfortunatly thats when people started coming in and blocking my view,they had drinks so they had timeto go to the bar first.it spoilt my night,then when david cassidy came on he was swaying and appeared drunk and was wearing rediculously tight trousers,i couldnt understant what he was singing,at the end he suddenly left before finishing his song,he also kept complaining… Read Full Review

“Awful Sound”

Written on: 12/11/2012 by Spotjack (15 reviews written)

Attend this concert at Wembley Arena 11/11/2012 the stars were Smokey, Hot Chocolate, Leo Sayer & David Cassidy the sound was awful why is it that the band has to be louder then the singer, we could not make out a word the singers were singing, the saving grace was Leo Sayer who we could understand. David Cassidy came on and seemed drunk we left after two songs. my wife has been a fan of his since seeing him in 1973 at the same venue. A steward on the way out said people had paid £300 for a… Read Full Review

Bonsuivit's Response to Spotjack's Review

Written on: 12/11/2012

my wife and i went to the same concert it was the worst sound i have ever heard - cassidy didnt seem bothered but leo sayer was very good - as for hot chocolate and smokie - couldnt hear them due to the appalling sound problems - someone has made some easy money from the public delivering a shoddy and lacklustre event -

Spotjack's Response to Spotjack's Review

Written on: 18/11/2012

Emailed and complained to Wembley Arena sound nothing to do with them and to contact the promoter (name removed), did that was told 'sound not their fault' and that I was the only one who had complained about the concert. It would seem to that he was doing the same thing in 2005, so things haven't changed.

Cazkiss's Response to Spotjack's Review

Written on: 12/11/2012

I also attended this concert and agree with every word. I have waited 40 years to see David Cassidy in concert having plastered my teenage bedroom with his posters! What a dissapointment. Smokiest were great, Hot Chocolate were class & Leo Sayer superb ( I've seen him live before and he never disappoints) but David Cassidy was just awful. I wanted to hear him sing the songs just as unheard them in the 70s, instead he rocked up the ballads - badly -I left early too, I suppose I wished I'd been a Donny Osmond fan instead :(

“ONCE IN A LIFETIME @ BIRMINGHAM N.E.C. ”

Written on: 01/07/2005 by Sandy Osborne (2 reviews written)

ONCE IN A LIFETIME @ BIRMINGHAM N.E.C.

You had to be there to believe it - an almost full to capacity auditorium with several thousand 'women of a certain' age (and a sprinkling of blokes) singing the Bay City Rollers hit 'Bye Bye Baby' acappella style to an emotional Les Mckeown who stood with one hand held to his face and the other holding the microphone out to his fans. Mr McKeown - former lead singer of the 70's band has had bad press in recent years but he opened the 'Once in a Lifetime'… Read Full Review

Spotjack's Response to Sandy Osborne's Review

Written on: 18/11/2012

This concert is a different one to the one we went to 2005 as to 2012 but it seems even in 05 he was up to his old tricks.