Bissell 1698K Powerwash Proheat with Turbobrush Professional Deep Cleaner Reviews

Summary

Features: Carpet and upholstery upright deep cleaner. Dirtlifter Powerbrush. Built-in heater. Tank-intank for clean/dirty water. Smart mix for formula. Separate tank for formula. Floor to tools switch

Media Gallery for Bissell 1698K Powerwash Proheat with Turbobrush Professional Deep Cleaner

“old bissell shampooer”

Written on: 02/08/2012

I have had my Bissell Aromapro dirtlifter for a number of years. This is my third one as the first when switched on the first time blew all my trip switches so went back to the shop. I was then given a new replacement which worked ok for a while (then leaked water everywhere)so again it was returned to Argos who told me I would get a letter of explaination as to why both machines were so faulty, and would I be prepared to try again with yet another machine. As I had just got a new puppy I… Read Full Review

Takeaction's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2012

Dear author

Please don't let them get away with such poor service. It is the responsibility of Argos to sell products that are fit for their intended purpose. Whether Bissell respond or not is not really their job at the point you took it up with Argos, although of course they need feedback about their products, not just customers deserting them. . Write to Argos customer service/ head office by registered letter saying you expect a full reply within 7 days. Send a copy to Bissell perhaps , as well. Bissell themselves are being let down by this stockist failing you. I would send a copy of this page too. Addresses for both must be available easily either on the internet or from the Argos store. Ring Consumer Direct (an 0845 number ) for any further advice. You can get the exact consumer protection wording from them, though it also on the internet under The Sale of Goods and Services Act. Consumer Direct will tell you the year of the Act.
This is not much trouble and will pay off I'm sure. Good luck.

“Problems with Water spraying”

Written on: 03/05/2012

Had the proheat for a couple of years but has only been used four times. Worked well on first couple of uses but now does not dispense the water. It dispense the cleaner fluid but not the water. Would not expect machine with the Bex Bissell name to do this, however on reading the reviews seems it is a common problem. Will try to resolve as suggested on other reviews otherwise will hiring the rug doctor and this will go in the skip, not worth spending a lot of money on it if it is a common… Read Full Review

“I bought a Bissell 1698K power wash and have come to...”

Written on: 03/05/2011

I bought a Bissell 1698K power wash and have come to realise that I should have just chucked my money down the nearest drain. It is the most useless waste of space ever! It managed to work twice and then started with one problem after another. I have just forked out again for two new belts and two new red plastic retainers (as the originals snapped during use). The Bissell spares company charged me £10.40 for two postage sized pieces of plastic and £4 postage and packing. Total rip off… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2011

Same problem. Used mine once, worked fine, second time of usage, the smart mix tanks fails to pump out any shampoo. I've taken it apart and cleaned all the pipes within the unit and still no joy. Think I'll have to dig out my old vax.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2011

yes its true heap of rubbish i cannot get my machine to release the solution onto the carpet its truly a heap of junk 140 pounds wasted for 2 washes disgusting ripp off

“I actually bought this cleaner over 2 years ago and I...”

Written on: 15/02/2011 by BlueBerk (2 reviews written)

I actually bought this cleaner over 2 years ago and I only came here to review it because a friend saw the nonsense written here and wondered if I'd had problems.

This is a brilliant product that I simply couldn't do without, and I have lots of friends and relatives who also have bissell products and wouldn't use anything else. If you haven't used a Bissell you dont have clean carpets in my opinion.

I have looked at all of the anonymous criticisms on here and they all seem to be written in… Read Full Review

Debi57's Response to BlueBerk's Review

Written on: 07/03/2011

I have had the same Bissell cleaner for a few years now & I would like to state that I DO NOT work for other carpet cleaner companies, nor am I the same person that has written the other reviews! But I have had the same problems as the others, the solution would not spray out, now the water won't spray out & the dial to switch between wash & rinse has now broken! I would certainly not buy another! You may have had a good experience with Bissell, but myself & others have not.

Guest's Response to BlueBerk's Review

Written on: 21/11/2011

Hi I have had my Bissell cleaner for approx 2-3 years and its been brilliant, no problems and it clean carpets brilliantly.

Guest's Response to BlueBerk's Review

Written on: 05/08/2011

i have this carpet cleaner and yes it was good for 2 cleans then the bissell solution cleaner i was using stopped coming out of the plastic container and its not working like it did so i think you are talking bull i paid 140 pounds for 2 cleans yes its really great crapp more like i even had it serviced for 44 pounds but still the same crapp

“I've bought some rubbish in my time but Bissell must...”

Written on: 23/01/2011 by disgusted2011 (1 review written)

I've bought some rubbish in my time but Bissell must take the award for the worst carpet cleaners EVER!! Brand new and it was soon quite obvious that the main spray trigger wasn't working (and therefore you cannot shampoo a bone dry carpet). So, not one to complain, I noticed the hose and tool part did work so I set about cleaning the whole carpet this way on my hands and knees. Within minutes, the machine had tripped the house fuses (so clearly the spray trigger wasn't the only faulty… Read Full Review

Carternm31's Response to disgusted2011's Review

Written on: 10/02/2011

I found this review very helpful because...Was just about to buy one off bissell direct and looks like loads of problems!

“Rubbish, overpriced, under performing, electrical...”

Written on: 15/01/2011

Rubbish, overpriced, under performing, electrical problems you name it. Bissell had the decency to replace my first one after numerous problems. The second has just ceased up after a year. Thats it! Count my losses and head for the recycle bin...they may refuse it anyway!… Read Full Review

“I have just repaired a Proheat 1698 for a friend. In...”

Written on: 23/10/2010

I have just repaired a Proheat 1698 for a friend. In doing so I read all the reviews particularly noting that there were so many with no water flow to the sprays. This was the case with this machine. The problem was caused by scale from the heater blocking the outlet from the heater to the sprays. To cure this the tool holder needs to be removed (2 bolts and 2 screws), then lift the handle away. Remove 2 screws lower down on the body and push the clip at the top in the recess where the trigger… Read Full Review

Pchaplain's Comment

Written on: 19/01/2011

I found this review very helpful because i have had exactly the same problem with the machine and it helps to know the possible answer to the problem, particularly as the customer service at Bissell is obviously inundated with enquiries as I had great difficulty getting through to them and eventually gave up!

Rigsbysouth's Comment

Written on: 09/04/2011

THIS WORKS!!!! Read this just before I was taking machine to repair shop so had nothing to loose. Its worth a try as it save me £70!!!!
<br/>Only difficulty was releasing the metal clips round hoses.Use a pair of plyers to pinch clips together then slide clip up hose - no need to take them off. I used a fine needle in spray holes and blew down hoses to clear.Once I put machine back together I ran warm clean water through system.If I can do this - anyone can!!!Its easy
<br/>Thank you for this tip

“When we bought this about 4 years ago, we paid extra...”

Written on: 18/07/2010

When we bought this about 4 years ago, we paid extra for an additional 5 year warrnaty with Domestic & General. The machine has been back over 7 times for repair, every time it goes to a company called Service 2000, they have NEVER managed to repair it properly, as a result, every time I want to use it, it doesn't work, just got half way through cleaning a settee & it has stopped squirting water out 'AGAIN'. It is off in the skip tomorrow… Read Full Review

“total junk not worth having I have had my pro heat has...”

Written on: 09/07/2010

total junk not worth having I have had my pro heat has not worked after being repaird 2 just about to take it to the skip and get a vax… Read Full Review

“I own two ProHeat Pro-Tech Bissell 7920 series...”

Written on: 09/07/2010

I own two ProHeat Pro-Tech Bissell 7920 series machines, one in America and one in England and have found it to be very easy to use and very effective at shampooing carpets - even removing Ribena stains. Like many others, I have had the problem of no water or cleaner being sprayed - after cleaning the flow indicator filter, cleaning the machine to rid it of any grit or carpet fibres, I still couldn't get it to spray. I eventually found that a when I pulled the handle down to use the machine… Read Full Review

“Bissell proheat 2x. Biggest waste of money ever. Had...”

Written on: 07/04/2010

Bissell proheat 2x. Biggest waste of money ever. Had mine over 2 years, the only time it worked trouble free was it's first use. Had to get it repaired before it's second use as no water sprayed from the floor jets. A lot of time and effort when I got it back but managed to clean the carpets. On the attempted third use, again no water, only the detergent came out. To cut a long story short, I have used it 6 times, had it repaired 3 times under the warranty and the last repair was a botch job… Read Full Review

“If only I had read these reviews. I purchased mine in...”

Written on: 06/03/2010

If only I had read these reviews. I purchased mine in 2005 and has had minimal use. I lent it to my daughter for a short time but when it returned it would not mix the shampoo. I had it repaired at a local dealer for about £70 in September 2009. I have used it very recently on a small room and the next time it tripped my electrics. I spent an absolute age over 1 hour trying to get throught to their customer helpline. Finally I gave up and contacted my local dealer who have decided not to… Read Full Review

“We've had ours for 3 years, had to have it repaired...”

Written on: 03/03/2010

We've had ours for 3 years, had to have it repaired once (£70). Many friends and relatives have borrowed it, so it has had considerable use. It should only be used with Bissell Wash & Protect as it was using other shampoos that caused the need for a repair. It washes well but shampoo is expensive… Read Full Review

“Have 2 units. One worked 4 times the other only 3. ”

Written on: 15/01/2010

Have 2 units. One worked 4 times the other only 3… Read Full Review

“I purchased a proheat Bissell 2 year ago, I used it...”

Written on: 17/12/2009

I purchased a proheat Bissell 2 year ago, I used it twice and had to send I away for repair this was in July 2008. It went to an authorised dealer, he found the fault and then ordered the part, this took 3 weeks to arrive and was found to be faulty. he ordered a replacement part and had to chase up the replacement many times.

I eventually got my shampooer back in the November 2008. Although it was in working order when I received it back, I have only been able to use one before it went faulty… Read Full Review

“It has plastic parts in the suction head that leaks...”

Written on: 10/11/2009

It has plastic parts in the suction head that leaks air and doesn't seal so that suction from the carpet is at maximum strength, it also comes loose very easily and the hose holder and those that hold the attachments that break very easily. I cannot figure out how to use the floor attachment. It seems that it was not well designed for cleaning floors and install attachments. I do use it and as long as I take extreme care to see that it is very gently cared for it seems to work. Perhaps the… Read Full Review

“What a load of rubbish never by another Bissell...”

Written on: 08/11/2009 by trollop (1 review written)

What a load of rubbish never by another Bissell Pro-heat its worked once or twice then stops dispensing water worse shampooer ive ever had spend more time trying to fix it than it works never buy anything bissell cost a lot of money not got extra cover… Read Full Review

“I have been fortunate enough to have mine last for a...”

Written on: 09/10/2009

I have been fortunate enough to have mine last for a couple of years, during which time it has been fantastic. I know two other people who have also got one of these machines. My friend's machine ceased to function (wont pump water/solution)after just a couple of uses. My parent's machine lasted a bit longer before same happened. Mine has now gone the same way. I hope a replacement pump will do the trick, but from what I read, if it does it will not be for long! I wish I could have read some… Read Full Review

“I've had this Bissell Powerwash Proheat shampooer for...”

Written on: 30/09/2009

I've had this Bissell Powerwash Proheat shampooer for at least 5 years and have never had a problem with it. It has always worked like a charm. I reccomend this machine!!!… Read Full Review

“”

Written on: 25/09/2009

Used the bissell powerwash proheat once or twice and it quit dispencing water. Will not buy another Bissell product of anykind. All the money wasted for noting… Read Full Review