The Trainline www.thetrainline.com Reviews

The Trainline www.thetrainline.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The Trainline www.thetrainline.com

The Trainline www.thetrainline.com

“no access to tickets”

Written on: 29/06/2014 by Antonioj304 (1 review written)

yesterday 28th june i had booked tickets to london through the trainline. at the station i could not access my e mails to get the booking reference so had to re-buy the tickets at the station on trying to get a refund today i was told they would refund the money minus £10. i certainly will not bother to use this system again!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/06/2014

Hi Antonio,

I'm really sorry to hear you've chosen not to use us again :(

We did everything that we were supposed to, the tickets were booked and made available - as requested.

If you weren't able to access your email, although unfortunate, it's not something we have any control over. We did send the email to begin with, what happens after that is really out of our hands.

We can be/ could have been contacted through a number of different ways - most of them free of charge. We have phone, Live Chat, Twitter and Facebook.. all monitored 7 Days a week (Phones: 8am-10pm, Social Media 8am-8pm weekdays and 9am-5pm weekends).

The refund that you were offered is standard across the rail industry and would have been same no matter who or where you purchased the ticket from.

Again, I am sorry to so you leave us but all the best.

Craig

“Lied to when phoning help line number. ”

Written on: 21/06/2014 by Beckstree (1 review written)

I have used thetrainline for many years and have never had a problem. However today I was booking a trip for myself and my dad to Liverpool for his birthday. After completing the booking I realised that I hadn't checked what the train company was that we were travelling with and I had booked first class tickets for a London Midland train. My dad is claustrophobic so I realised straight away that this wouldn't suit him. I phoned the helpline who informed me that as it wasn't a change to date… Read Full Review

Thetrainline.com's Response to Beckstree's Review

Written on: 22/06/2014

Hi there,

I’m aware you have submitted a complaint regarding this matter so we will respond to you directly. For the interest of everyone else however I just wanted to clarify a few things.

Advance tickets as many of you may be aware can offer great savings, like everything however they do with a compromise which is that the conditions are much tighter.

When amending Advance tickets, only the date and time of travel can be changed as stations must remain the same. The original tickets can then be refunded subject to a £10.00 charge per ticket.

The conditions surrounding Advance tickets also state that any new tickets must be for the same price or greater. When amending tickets online (or via our Websupport team), the only tickets that will be visible will either be for the same value or greater.

Although it doesn’t happen often, at times you may find it's more beneficial to purchase completely new tickets as opposed to amending your originals. Just remember though even if you see tickets £5.00 cheaper than your originals, if you don’t make any changes and buy brand new tickets no refund is possible.

Like everything I suppose you could say there are pros and cons however the vast majority of the time Advance tickets will always save you money.

Thanks,

Vikki

“Trainline means easy travel”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by 10Byrne (1 review written)

Every time I think of travelling by train, I think of Trainline first. The service is easy to access and usually complete in minutes. The tickets always arrive the next day. I have encountered two problems with Trainlne - one of my own making, the other to do with technology. Trainline resolved them both with no fuss or bother… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/06/2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

It’s wonderful to hear that we are your first port of call when you’re booking train tickets and that you find booking with us so quick and easy to do! :-)

For anyone else who is interested, we would always advise getting in touch with us as soon as possible if you think there may be an issue with your ticket booking. That way we have a better chance of being able to provide a resolution for you before the time of travel. If you ever need to get in touch with us, our contact details can be found by clicking on the ‘Help’ section of our website.

Beckstree's Comment

Written on: 21/06/2014

Fran,
I had an problem with my tickets that was also my problem and when I phoned your help line for assistance I was lied to. I have submitted a query and also a complaint about how the issue was handled.

“Very helpful advisor”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by AmayaStevens (1 review written)

I wasnt sure what department to cleck on to i.e 1 2 or 3 but chose 1 and the advisor was very helpful and gave all the info I needed and suggested he e mailed me the details… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/06/2014

Hi

We love reading reviews like this – thank you for taking the time to share your comments!

It’s great to hear that you found the advisor that you spoke to so helpful and friendly.

“Happy Irish Customer”

Written on: 11/06/2014 by 352Patterson (1 review written)

The price was right and the transaction worked… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your booking experience with us.

It’s exactly the kind of thing that we like to hear!

Hope you enjoy your trip to the UK!

“Great travel experience”

Written on: 11/06/2014 by Castro376 (1 review written)

Easy to book, great price, on time - fantastic. Will using this service again… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback – we love reading reviews like this!

We look forward to you booking with us again soon!

“Trainline.com booking services”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by Nicoladiane (3 reviews written)

Both the online service and telephone service (with advisors) are easy to use. I prefer to speak to an advisor (for reassurance before booking!)but the online service is easy to use and book tickets on. I have used the online service to check times and ask a third party to book for me for work which is really helpful for me and the person concerned at work to check for availability, convenience and cost before booking. Wouldn't use another service having used this. The £12.50 advance(12… Read Full Review

Thetrainline.com's Response to Nicoladiane's Review

Written on: 10/06/2014

Hi

I've noticed that you've posted the same review below - you'll find our comments there. :-)

“Trainline.com booking services”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by Nicoladiane (3 reviews written)

Thetrainline.com's Response to Nicoladiane's Review

Written on: 10/06/2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to share your recommendation and comments about our service – we love reading reviews like this!

It’s lovely to hear that you feel that you have had such a great experience both online with us, and when you have spoken with our support team.

Our aim is to help our customers to save money when buying their train tickets, and our Ticket Alert tool is very handy to take advantage of when you’ve got a journey planned for later in the year, because, as you’ve discovered, we’ll let you know as soon as the cheaper ‘Advance’ tickets go on sale.

For anyone else who is wondering we also have a whole host of other tools and tips for saving money which you can find under the ‘Tools’ tab on our website. This includes our Best Fare Finder – if you’re flexible with the time of day that you can travel we’ll help you find the cheapest tickets available for your journey around the date that you enter!

“Using Trainline.com Website”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by jon.sang (1 review written)

Exceptional service and very skilled team at thetrainline.com Experience has been consistently exceptional over the years. well done… Read Full Review

Thetrainline.com's Response to jon.sang's Review

Hi,

What a wonderful review! I'm glad to hear that you're a fan of the site.

Enjoy your evening and thank you for sharing your experience :)

“Great price tickets”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by ovClark376 (1 review written)

I bought tickets to Inverness from Glasgow at almost quarter of the price quoted on another ticket website. Trainline was easy to use and having the facility to pick up your tickets within 2 hours of booking from a local urban rail station rather than a main city station was great. I will definitely use Trainline in future… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/06/2014

Nice one! Thanks for posting this review. We appreciate the 5 stars.

It is worth remembering that if you have your collect reference number and card you can pick your ticket up from any station in the UK that has one of these machines.

How handy is that huh?!

Chris

“great journey to London and back for the weekend....”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by alleywell (1 review written)

great journey to London and back for the weekend. everything ran like clockwork and smoothly. Could be a bit more choice from the Buffet though… Read Full Review

Thetrainline.com's Response to alleywell's Review

Hi,

Thanks for posting this four star review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip.

If you're looking to speak with someone about the buffet selection you would need to contact the train operator. As an on-line ticket retailer we do not control that area of your journey.

Nice one,

Chris :)

“thetrainline.com”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by Fletcher1974 (1 review written)

best ever travelled stress free graet day out fantastic price well done… Read Full Review

Hey,

Thanks for posting this wonderful five star review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip.

Best wishes,

Chris

“Give the man a payrise”

Written on: 09/06/2014

The person who handled my call was very efficient and a real asset to your company. He deserves a payrise… Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback – it’s great to hear that you think our support agent handled your enquiry so well!

If you can remember his name we’ll let him know that you think so!! ;-)

“The Trainline ”

Written on: 08/06/2014

It would be folly not to check any advance deal with this company before embarking on a train journey. It is also easy to sign up to their advance notification by email. I cannot speak highly enough about The Trainline - they have saved me a lot of money over the years, as well as taken the hassle out of train ticket purchases. I cannot think of any drawback at all... I Knight … Read Full Review

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback – we love hearing comments like this!

It’s great to hear that you find our Ticket Alert tool so handy in letting you know as soon as the cheaper Advance tickets go on sale for your journey.

For anyone else who is interested we have a host of other money saving tips under our ‘Tools’ tab as well, including our Best Fare Finder - if you’re flexible with the time of day that you can travel we’ll help you find the cheapest tickets available for your journey around the dates that you’ve entered.

“Failed Ticket”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by Clifford442 (1 review written)

I purchase a ticket from Kings Cross to Stansted Airport via Liverpool Street departing at 5:20AM. The printed tickers states from Kings Cross by any route. Then I attempt to use it at Kings Cross Tube station for the journey to Liverpool Street to find it doesn't work. I ask the attendant and am told the ticket I have doesn't include this journey. So I am forced to use my Oyster card. I arrive at Liverpool Street Station try the ticket for the leg to Stansted and it doesn't work there… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/06/2014

Hi

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

There is a few walk on fares available on that route and without knowing the actual time you travelled and the ticket you purchased, it's difficult to say. Not all tickets include the transfer on the tube.

We do make the route/time restrictions available to our customers and it sound like this has already been looked in to by our web support team.

If you are ever unsure about the time of validity, why not check out the off peak tool available on our website or get in touch.

Duncanc09's Comment

Written on: 07/06/2014

Hi Joanne,

I was travelling at 5:20AM as per the times of my booking.

So why was I sold a ticket that couldn't be used at this time?

And why would I need to use the off peak tool when travelling at the time of my booking. The ticket Trainline sold me should be valid for the journey it is selling it for. Do you agree this should be the case?

And no, your customer service is not looking into resolving the issue they are fobbing me off.

“I can find nothing I can say that it would improve an...”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by McCullochmu482 (1 review written)

I can find nothing I can say that it would improve an all ready good service my family was very impresed on how I was treated on this journey… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/06/2014

Hi there,

We just wanted to say thanks for taking the leave to leave such positive feedback and for the 5 star rating on value for money.

We're always looking at ways to help our customer secure the best fares by investing in new technologies such as our ticket alert and best fare finder (both can be found on our home page under 'tools and tips'.

With regards to train journey itself, this would have been provided by one of the various train operating companies (you can identify who by taking a look at your booking confirmation).

Thanks again,

Vikki

“SPECIAL DAY”

Written on: 05/06/2014

i WAS AWARD A BEM IN THE QUEENS NEW YEARS HONOURS AND WAS INVITED TO ATTENDED A GARDEN PARTY AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE. I TRAVELLED TO VICTORIA BY TRAIN AND BOOKED TICKETS WITH TRAIN LINE. IMAGINE MY SURPRISE TO FIND I COULD TRAVEL CHEAPER BY 1ST CLASS THAN ORDINARY CLASS WHICH PUT THE CHERRY ON THE CAKE ON THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

Thanks for your fantastic feedback

I would first like to congratulate you on receiving a BEM and am delighted we helped you find a really good price on a 1st class ticket.

So pleased to hear you had such a fantastic day from start to finish. It really does pay to get in early when buying cheap tickets.

Joanne 

“Time of travelling”

Written on: 05/06/2014 by .hdavid (1 review written)

I had a question about when I could travel. The young man was very informative and will make travelling less anxious… Read Full Review

Thetrainline.com's Response to .hdavid's Review

Thanks for the 5 star review

Our team of experts are here 7 days a week, 8 to 10pm should you need a little bit of help.

We can be contacted by phone, web chat, email and you can often find out the answer to your question on our company forum.

Really pleased we could help and thanks again

Joanne

“Quick reliable efficient ”

Written on: 05/06/2014 by MacLeanct37 (1 review written)

Booked tickets today at 9am rang to change and upgrade them today at 5 pm quick friendly service on the phone confirmation e mail sent straight over ! Brilliant… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

Thanks so much for your review

Sounds like everything went very smoothly and am pleased we could help.

Hope you saved a few pennies into the bargain too!

Joanne :-)

“i like the trainline service and itn't complicated”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by zenilio (1 review written)

i like the trainline service and itn't complicated… Read Full Review

Thetrainline.com's Response to zenilio's Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments, it's great to hear you like the service

The website and mobile app is designed to make booking tickets a straight forward and easy experience.

Joanne :-)