Franco's Ristorante, Devizes Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Franco's Ristorante, Devizes - Ask a question now

“Extremely welcoming and truly Italian”

Written on: 04/03/2012 by Mrs.Dani.B (1 review written)

It was the first time to Franco's for my partner and I but we were made to feel extremely welcome by all the staff. We actually couldn't find the restaurant itself at first but a lovely gentleman came to find us, even though the restaurant was VERY busy and he was already rushed off his feet ! The food itself was absolutely exsquisite, everything was prepared to a very high standard and made our taste buds dance. It is a shame we are moving to York presently or this little restaurant would… Read Full Review

“a lovely place to be and great fun there . they are a ...”

Written on: 20/01/2010

a lovely place to be and great fun there . they are a great to be around and the chief that cooks the pizza his name is ali he no's his job very well and is a pleasure to be around . the staff that wait on you tommy and anna are really nice . thanks for you serve we will be back to surport you . thanks for a great new year it was lovely to welcome it in with you all . that is the restuarent in devizes ... xx

“This was the first time we had visited Francos. We...”

Written on: 07/12/2009

This was the first time we had visited Francos. We arrived for Saturday lunch 10 mins before closing time (a party of three). They were very courteous, attentive and helpful, The food was excellant and despite the time we were not hurried. We have eaten in many places in Devizes and this was by far the best in every respect. We will certainly be going back… Read Full Review

“I love Franco's - it is a fantastic restaurant and I...”

Written on: 24/07/2009

I love Franco's - it is a fantastic restaurant and I have been going there since I was a child! On my birthday they came out with a cake and candles and sang me Happy Birthday. The owner Giovanni is so friendly and I can't wait to go there again. The food is perfect!… Read Full Review

“We chose Franco's Ristorante for our Italian class...”

Written on: 30/06/2009 by curiousbathonian (1 review written)

We chose Franco's Ristorante for our Italian class end-of-year dinner because some of us had already been and recommended it.
We were a party of twelve and when the booking was made we agreed on a subset of the menu to make ordering easier.
The menu offered included a selection of starters, main courses and desserts. I chose bruschetta, pasta with tomato and aubergine sauce, and a fresh fruit salad… Read Full Review

“Franco's had a lively atmosphere and the rustic...”

Written on: 17/05/2008 by Charlotte65 (1 review written)

Franco's had a lively atmosphere and the rustic Italian decor gives a real Bistro feel to the place. We were greeted warmly even though we hadn't booked and were lucky to get a table for 4 on a busy Thursday evening. The food was excellent. The Mushroom rissotto from the blackboard specials was packed with flavours - absolutely delcious. Pizzas were beautifully made and the salads were fresh and inventive. The waiter was attentive without being obtrusive. We had a great evening and I would… Read Full Review

“Franco's has great food and a beautiful italian style...”

Written on: 19/11/2007 by eddyj (1 review written)

Franco's has great food and a beautiful italian style restaurant… Read Full Review

“On first appearances, Franco's Italian restaurant in...”

Written on: 03/05/2006 by EmmaElton (1 review written)

On first appearances, Franco's Italian restaurant in Devizes looks lovely. I've been here once before about a year ago, as a large group at lunch time. I would recommend having a pizza, not a pasta, though.

This time a friend and I went to celebrate her birthday. The garlic pizza we had to start came to us burnt - is this a sign of the stone-cooked pizza?!?!

We then ordered two pizzas, both with extra toppings, as the menu says you can request. We asked for mushrooms to be on the Ham and… Read Full Review

Curiousbathonian's Response to EmmaElton's Review

Written on: 08/06/2009

I found this review helpful because it points to a number of potential problems. We're planning a group meal there and that helps me to decide. I must say, however, that it would have been better to ring the restaurant to check availability/book a table, rather than turn up half an hour earlier. Still, there's no excuse for rudeness on the part of the waiters, and even less for such poor quality ingredients.

Nimmo85's Response to EmmaElton's Review

Written on: 02/01/2010

I have used Franco's on several different occasions and have had nothing but excellent service and excellent food.
<br/>
<br/>
<br/>The review I have just read does not bear out my experience of this resturant.

“Eating at Franco's is like being in Italy. The owner,...”

Written on: 17/03/2006 by inata777 (3 reviews written)

Eating at Franco's is like being in Italy. The owner, Giovanni is genial and hospitable, and all of the staff are accomodating and friendly. Looking around at the other diners, you can tell that most of them are regulars, coming here, for the fantastic food and service they know they will get here every time. The pizza is done in a stone oven and is thin and crisp and divine, and the pasta is always al dente and perfect. Giovanni always has a range of interesting specials, or you can opt for… Read Full Review

Huw Evans's Response to inata777's Review

Written on: 16/02/2007

The two reviews are so different I assume the first is from a punter (rating 1) and the second the owner (rating 10!). Think I&#039;ll take the punter&#039;s advice...