Bentota, Taj Exotica Reviews

Bentota, Taj Exotica - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bentota, Taj Exotica

Bentota, Taj Exotica

“I stayed at taj exotica on the 1st december 2009 it...”

Written on: 20/01/2010

I stayed at taj exotica on the 1st december 2009 it was amazing very helpful the food was delicious i would definately go back again they had different variety of resturants and had huge variety swimming was really nice and the rooms were very clean room were very big the scenery in the hotel was very beautiful we really enoyed our honeymoon package treatment at the spa every night we get asked how many bottles water would we like i thought it was a good service and it was complimentary by… Read Full Review

“A good experience visiting Sri Lanka, although it is...”

Written on: 23/07/2007 by smcwatt (1 review written)

A good experience visiting Sri Lanka, although it is unlikely I will ever return.
Taj Exotica came highly recommended by various friends who had visited prior to Tsunami. Unfortunately Taj did not come up to expectation and basically requires some investment on the infrastructure to re-establish it's former eminent position. On returning home, we noted that our tour operator Kuoni have downgraded the Taj Exotica two grades from deluxe to first class and I believe this reflects our experience of… Read Full Review

“We had a fabulous start to our honeymoon here. If we...”

Written on: 14/11/2006 by POULTER1 (4 reviews written)

We had a fabulous start to our honeymoon here. If we were to go back I'd travel around Bentota and the neighbouring villages a little more.

Taj Exotica is a beautiful place, and the Sri Lancan's are beautiful people.

Ask the waiter in the Piano restaurant to get his brother (tuk tuk driver) to take you out for the day. We got great deals on Sapphire rings, wooden elephants (which cost well over double in the hotel) and a visit to a Spice Garden (don't buy any products as they cost quite a… Read Full Review

“My boyfriend and I stayed in Taj Exotica in October...”

Written on: 27/07/2005 by annamariawatkins (1 review written)

My boyfriend and I stayed in Taj Exotica in October 2004.
The hotel lobby is impressive with marble floors and fine decor, and the staff at the reception can't do enough for you.
We stayed in a standard sea facing room with a balcony. The view from the balcony was lovely, it faced the sea, gardens and the pool area. I wouldn't recommend staying in the rooms facing the other way, as these face the railway track. Although the train doesn't run very often, the noise is enough to wake you… Read Full Review

“Bentota, Taj Exotica - I recently booked a holiday in...”

Written on: 22/06/2005 by Laoise (2 reviews written)

Bentota, Taj Exotica - I recently booked a holiday in Sri Lanka with my boyfriend and stayed at the 5 star Taj Exotica hotel in Bentota. The hotel itself was excellent; located right beside the beach, overlooking the Indian Ocean and surrounded by a well-tended exotic garden. Marble floors, high roofs and exquisite teak, ebony and mahogany furniture adorned the inside. The food was fabulous and the service was excellent. The ambiance was relaxed, dignified and calm. Life outside the hotel… Read Full Review

832662's Response to Laoise's Review

Written on: 29/06/2005

I was in Sri Lanka 4 years ago in the same resort, different hotel. My feelings exactly the same. Will not return.

395273_Gumps's Response to Laoise's Review

Written on: 26/08/2008

I found this review helpful because...it is frank and honest I have been to sri lanka before and experienced similar treatment

Laoise's Response to Laoise's Review

Written on: 24/10/2005

Location, location, location

209885_Lopee's Response to Laoise's Review

Written on: 12/09/2005

I don't see how this guy can give a 1/10 rating under the hotel name when all he is complaining about is the country?? what an idiot!!

Laoise's Response to Laoise's Review

Written on: 30/06/2005

Thanks for your comment. When I was reseaching this holiday all the feedback was good. Nobody mentioned the downside of holidays there so I was feeling a bit parnoid about posting them here. Its good to know I'm not the only one who felt this way.