Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening Reviews

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening - Ask a question now

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“Yuko is definitely the best if you have a trained...”

Written on: 17/02/2012 by karolinagreen (1 review written)

In my opinion Yuko is the best hair straightening method I’ve ever experienced. However, make sure you go only to Yuko-trained hair specialists that do this all the time. After much research I got my hair straightened by Renata Jon and I was extremely happy with the results. Unfortunately, I tried to save money the next time and went to another salon in Hampstead. It was disaster - they ruined my hair! My hair wasn’t straight and the ends were frizzy… It’s not worth it. By the… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to karolinagreen's Review

Written on: 06/05/2012

what is the address?

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“Hair Straightening at it's Best Bravo Salon Scottsdale AZ”

Written on: 16/01/2012 by Susie10 (1 review written)

I have had Yuko Japanese Hair straightening done for years now. Bravo Salon in Scottsdale AZ does the BEST hair straightening I've ever had, I am so happy. My hair is hard to straighten, because I have highlighted, colored and curly,frizzy thick hair. I would recommend this hair straightening to you done at this salon. What I liked most is that my hair feels so soft and frizz free, shiny and healthy when I get this treatment done only at Bravo Salon. What I didn't like is that I went to… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“Well, learned about Japanese Hair Straightening thru a...”

Written on: 29/04/2011

Well, learned about Japanese Hair Straightening thru a friend. Searching online and found this Yuko system. However, I am from Toronto, On, couldn't find anyone doing it. Then eventually, I found this great salon in Scarborough - Salon on Brimley. They are very experienced and well-known in Toronto, very pretty salon, great service and great job. Price is not so scary compared with other salon i can found, pretty moderate but I do think it really worth every penny of it. My hair is now… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“Yuko is an amazing hair straightening system. i've...”

Written on: 02/12/2010

Yuko is an amazing hair straightening system. i've had it done once a year for several years. It's well worth the initial outlay, as it saves money on various hair products - and stops split ends caused by straightening irons. i get it done by Shogo in Hampstead, London. he's great (Japanese) and it's cheaper than anywhere else I've found in or around the London area. Both Yuko and Shogo are highly recommended… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/11/2011

Thank u for this comment. I was just wondering....how curly/frizzy was your hair? Can you now leave it to dry naturally and it is perfectly straight?

Tiggle's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2012

How much did it cost, what was your hair like before and do you have to do much with it to make it look nice after you wash it? Thanks! xx

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“There is only one JHS product that works... it is...”

Written on: 02/05/2010

There is only one JHS product that works... it is Licsio/Yuko. I have tried multiple straightening systems over many years and this is the one you will love! I have been using this product for 4 years. Be sure you call Liscio for a trained stylist, they will give you the closest stylist. I travel out of state to get mine done and it is worth every $$ I spend ($80 per hour at 7 hours). I would like to get it done every six months but I can get away with once a year if I use the shampoo and… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/06/2011

Which shampoo and conditioner?

Written on: 09/04/2012

yuko is not good, but damaging your beautifull hair.

Written on: 30/06/2011

YUKO and Liscio are two different companies. YUKO has Aqua-Gold

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“I am in the uk and have been having my hair...”

Written on: 20/04/2010

I am in the uk and have been having my hair straightened yearly with Yuko and its a great product. I had naturally curly hair and hated it but now have long flowing straight hair.

100% recommend this product and so would my husband who couldnt believe that it straightened my hair first time i had it done.

I have it done every year so I get a years moneys worth from it.

Bargain !!

Tiggle's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2012

How much pleasee! And is your hair a mixed ethnicity hair? Like carribean/english, or anything close? xx

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“Here is the deal. It's not the product, it's the...”

Written on: 10/10/2009

Here is the deal. It's not the product, it's the stylist. I have had it done 3 times in the last 5 years. First time it was CHI which made my hair pin straight, but b/c the stylist was pulling on it while the chemical was on my hair to keep it straight, half my hair broke off during the process.

My sister who has super kinky coarse hair tried it with someone else, and it looked fab. I decided to give it another shot and went to a new stylist who used CHI and told her about my experience… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“After much research, I got my hair Japanese...”

Written on: 10/10/2009

After much research, I got my hair Japanese straightened. It DID make my hair straight, smooth and shiny... for 4 days. After my first wash, my hair was a frizzy mess. I now have to flat iron my hair every morning which is EXTREMELY damaging after having a chemical process done. TONS OF SPLIT ENDS!!! I was thinking of getting my hair done again, but that would make my hair cost $800+tax, something I would kill myself for. So I've decided to accept my curly hair and wait for it to grow out.

My… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/08/2011

THATS BECAUSE YOU CANT DO NOTHING TO IT FOR 2 WEEKS, youd know that if you ACTUALY did research.

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“I had my hair straightened with the Japanese Hair...”

Written on: 30/06/2009

I had my hair straightened with the Japanese Hair Straightening system a few weeks ago and I'm still very happy with the results! Normally my hair is really thick and frizzy and it's always a mess. Now it's smooth and shiny and I don't have to worry about the humidity or rain. It saves me lots of time and worry too - I know it's always going to look good!… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“I have medium curly hair which used to take over an...”

Written on: 08/05/2009

I have medium curly hair which used to take over an hour to straighten. I have been doing the Japanese straightening for 3 years now. It is super convenient. Definitely gets your hair straight, however I do not like the fact that it is only stick straight and its very difficult to hold an curl/wave/or hair style… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“I had slightly wavy hair and was looking to get the...”

Written on: 07/05/2009

I had slightly wavy hair and was looking to get the little kink that was left out. I wanted the straight, shiny hair that you see on the few lucky girls. What I got was straight hair, but it is not soft or shiny. It is straight, but does not bend or fall at all! It is like it was starched straight and feels dry dry dry! The ends do not look healthy or nice - just straight and pokey! Don't use Japanese Hair Straightening if you have healthy hair!!… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“I had an experience similar to a lot of other people...”

Written on: 02/05/2009 by hd207 (1 review written)

I had an experience similar to a lot of other people who repeated the Japanese Hair Straightening process. Spent a fortune getting it done and despite it looking great at the start, it ultimately ruined my hair. My hair became so dry and damaged and began to break a lot. I'm in the process of growing it out now and wish I could just go back to my own curly hair. Think very carefully before you commit yourself to this process. If you don't like the results you will be waiting at least a year… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“In my opnion, YUKO was my saving grace the last for...”

Written on: 22/03/2009 by PriceKaty (1 review written)

In my opnion, YUKO was my saving grace the last for two years. Had it done three times in total. It has made my hair feel smoother, thinner (very thick) and stayed straight.

A great experience as this salon, "The Soho Salon" next to the Candy Bar in Soho obvioulsy are very well trained

Ten, that's my rating for the gem "The Soho SaLon" and Yuko Hair straightening, good luck!… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“I knew I wanted my hair permanently straightened, but...”

Written on: 11/02/2009 by natalya (1 review written)

I knew I wanted my hair permanently straightened, but I didn't know which system to use. Japanese hair straightening, specifically Yuko, seemed to have the best reviews. My hair was wavy and very frizzy before the process and now it is really nice and glossy.

Renata Jon (www.renatajon.com) straightened my hair with the Yuko system a few months ago and it is still perfect. I was worried about the Yuko system because it is expensive, but now I look at it as an investment. A great investment! My… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“for those of us who have been blessed with curly hair...”

Written on: 15/11/2008

for those of us who have been blessed with curly hair since birth it's amazing to be able to run your fingers through straight silky smooth hair that doesn't frizz up in humidity i was able to go more than one day without without washing my hair and i loved it so i had it done again when the curls began to reappear that's where the bad points come in

once the frizzy regrowth returns within a month or two you are forced to spray your hair at the roots this is annoying and looks kinda bad also… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“Sleek, Shiny, Straight. Takes a long time...but soooo...”

Written on: 19/06/2008 by alicia0307 (1 review written)

Sleek, Shiny, Straight. Takes a long time...but soooo worth it! CHOP hair salon in Hawaii was great about the long process. Very professional. Ask for Mai… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“Hi, I have been doing some research on permanant hair...”

Written on: 07/03/2008 by rkovacevic (1 review written)

Hi, I have been doing some research on permanant hair straightening & can see that success is mainly down to the experience of the HD. Most people recommend to go to an asian country to get it done or a local asian hairdresser for the best results & if you want to pay a fraction of the cost but no-one can ever recommend one.
If anyone out there can recommend one of these places in either London or Melbourne Australia it would be fantastic!! I have searched the internet for these places but… Read Full Review

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“I've had some bad experiences having my hair...”

Written on: 04/01/2008

I've had some bad experiences having my hair straightened at my friend's salon. Even though the product came from the Japan (which is a definite plus), she did not know how to handle it well and put the solution way too close to my hairline, causing me to have so much breakage and loss of bangs.

But when I had my hair straightened at a salon in Singapore, oh my my did they do such a wonderful job to my hair! It was soft, silky, and shiny just like what my friend did to my hair, except without… Read Full Review

Pepperonicheese's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2008

Hello,
<br/>Thankyou your review was very helpful! Do you remember the name of the salon that you went to in Singapore?

Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“Ok, If you are thinking about getting the Japanese...”

Written on: 22/12/2007 by whirlpool (1 review written)

Ok, If you are thinking about getting the Japanese Hair Straightening done, read this first.I had the "Yuko" Japanese Hair Straightening done to my hair in October 2003. I found a Japanese Salon in West Los Angeles, California, that was on a list of top salons that offer this unique service. Yuko is the original patented formula..So this is the only version I would go with if you are going to get it done. Google search Yuko System to find out more. Any how, my normal hair is extremely long… Read Full Review

Pepperonicheese's Response to 332818_whirlpool's Review

Written on: 08/08/2008

Hello,
<br/>Thanks for your review, it was very helpful. I saw that you wrote it in late 2007, was just wondering if you have had it done again since or have just left your curls grow out?

474762_Lhs198's Response to 332818_whirlpool's Review

Written on: 24/07/2009

Thankyou so so much for leaving such an honest review...i was just about to have mine done next week but think i can put up with 20 mins every other day straightening. Hope your hair is getting better now!! :-))

Nique's Response to 332818_whirlpool's Review

Written on: 13/10/2008

Everything you have described is happening exactly. The similarity is amazing. Going though this process now, with very short curly hair in the middle of head, have to wear hair piece and the rest long. The rest of the hair is very dull, completely lost its lustre. Do you use any particular product to cope with the shedding and the dryness? The first applications were great to end up with this nightmare.

☆☆☆☆☆
Yuko Japanese Hair Straightening

“I will never recommend this. but if you like to take...”

Written on: 21/12/2007

I will never recommend this. but if you like to take risk with your hair, go for it!!… Read Full Review