AA Car Insurance Reviews - www.theaa.com

196

AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com

AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com

“SHAMEFUL DISGUSTING RUN AWAY NOW!!!BUYER BEWARE.”

Written on: 25/04/2016 by nvMarshall281 (1 review written)

AA is BIGGGGGG ON PROMISE AND little ON Action. Their service is nonexistent except to placate and HIDE behind management company (Claim Fast, who only want to take money, get you served fast...no matter is it is what you want or need, they do what they want only, and get out) ROTTEN CUSTOMER SERVICE ROTTEN, had RTA not my fault, am injured and miserable. DO NOT RECOMMEND. also I had another issue and was told I was not insured for it, despite it being the very reason I needed good… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/04/2016

We're sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction in both the insurance and breakdown services. With breakdown assistance, if you do not hold the relevant level of cover and require a tow further than what your membership already allows we will offer the option to upgrade this at the time, however surcharges will apply to add this on to your membership in a breakdown situation. If we can help with anything further please do not hesitate to contact us via our website 'contact us' page we'll be happy to address this.

“Disgusting ”

Written on: 19/03/2016 by CaseyBradshaw (1 review written)

Absaloutu shambolic awful customer service and no empathy shown towards customers .. AA cancelled my policy without informing me!!!!!! Will not take no ownership of this and I am disgusted manager has no customer service skills and treated me disgustingly I am a manager myself and no way in shape or form would I allow my staff to speak to customers the way her team did before then passing me on to this under qualified manger… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/03/2016

Hello, this is concerning and we would really like the opportunity to investigate the call. If you haven't spoken to someone about this already please feel free to get in touch via our website 'contact us' page we'll be happy to address this. Thank you

Cwhb's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2016

RIGHT ON I HAVE HAD THE SAME AWFUL SERVICE OH THEY SAY YES I UNDERSTANDD YES I UNDERSTAND.... BALONEY!!! THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND WHEN IT COMES TIME FOR SERVICE?????? GOOD LUCK TO YOU! I WISH I HAD READ THESE REVIEWS FIRST

FURTHERMORE AFTER AN ACCIDENT (NOT AT FAULT) THEY FOIB YOU OFF TO CLAIMS FAST, OR ELSE YOU GET NOPTHIONG REALLY IN TERMS OF HELP, A COMPANY WHO TAKES THE AA MONEY AND PROVIDES VERY LITTLE EXCEPT A SERIOUS TREES WORTH OF MAIL PITA!!!!

Written on: 25/04/2016

Hi, we're sorry to hear you're unhappy. Please get in touch via our website if there is anything you'd like us to address. Thank you.

“Shockingly bad!!!”

Written on: 19/03/2016 by Perry1993 (1 review written)

First time with the AA and DEFINITELY the last. They ask for document after document after document from you. You post them, they reply they need better copies or more information. This happened to me 4 times which was extremely frustrating as the first copies were perfect. Customer Support is non existent, a really awful experience that I will NEVER go through again… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/03/2016

Hi Perry1993, if we can help with anything please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page we would be happy to address this for you. Thanks

“Lack of compassion”

Written on: 14/03/2016 by AliyaCoyne197 (1 review written)

My husband died very suddenly at the end of July I rang the AA as we had two vehicles insured with them they were extremely unhelpful and wanted to charge me twice the amount we had paid even though I was a named driver. Luckily I also had a vehicle insured in my name and that company was very helpful. I have been contacted on several occasions asking to talk to my husband at first this was distressing but now I am angry. They need to keep their records up to date… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/03/2016

Hi AliyaCoyne197, we're very sorry to hear this and can understand your distress. We would like to help to ensure this does not happen again. If you haven't already spoken to someone about this please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we'll get this looked in to as soon as possible. Thank you

“Rip Off company! Do not use them!”

Written on: 27/02/2016 by Elvisw38 (1 review written)

I cancelled my policy on 27 January which started the 15 December 15. I also cancelled my direct debit expecting AA to send me a detailed balance through the post. However nothing happened. Instead of that AA now wants £156. This means they try to make me pay £30 for cancellation including late payment penalty £12 because they could not lift money out of my bank account anymore. On top of that they charge me interests. When I filed a complaint all I got was a stupid answer. Better do not… Read Full Review

Jdumont's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2016

I forgot one more thing: AA is not refunding your breakdown cover if you cancel early pretending that it is a different department and that they have nothing to do with it. Also they won't tell you if you sign up with them at the beginning that they will NOT refund your breakdown cover which you pay in advance! Isn't that taking a micky out of people?

“Don't use them, they charge a £25 admin fee to update...”

Written on: 21/02/2016 by Wren19 (1 review written)

Don't use them, they charge a £25 admin fee to update any details and don't even post you new documents you have to pay to print them. Unfair charges which their regulator needs to crack down on, I asked the aa to justify the excessive fee when a change took a member of staff less than 3 minutes but as to now noone from aa can justify it. When you join they also 'auto renew' your policy after hiking the price up to whatever they feel like. Again this is another scheme their regulator needs to… Read Full Review

“Terrible customer care ireland”

Written on: 19/02/2016 by Baylee135 (1 review written)

Republic of Ireland service poor cancelled my policy for no reason… Read Full Review

“Dishonest”

Written on: 06/02/2016 by CPC2015 (1 review written)

My partner and I had a car insurance policy with The AA for one year, we opted not to continue with them for another year as the premium had drastically increased. We took out new insurance and I attempted to call and cancel the policy with the AA. As is common it was impossible to get through on the phone, I cancelled the direct debit and received a letter informing that £111 needed to be payed by Feb 04th 2016 or the policy would be cancelled. Great I thought, this is what I want. On the… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to CPC2015's Review

Written on: 08/02/2016

We're very keen to help with this matter. Please contact us via our website 'contact us' page at your earliest convenience so that we may address this. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

Cpc2015's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2016

I have contacted The AA regarding this issue on 4th Feb as you have suggested. I am yet to receive a reply. Looking on here the comment from AA appears to be a standard response to everyone that's posted a review.

The Aa's reply to Cpc2015's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2016

Thanks for letting us know that you have raised this. We hope you manage to get this resolved. If you have any further issues feel free to contact us via our web site. The AA

“Verging on bullying for money I've already paid them”

Written on: 10/01/2016 by Halefc199 (1 review written)

Despite having cancelled my insurance after 12 months, because I stupidly cancelled my direct debit early so they couldn't keep taking money out as other people have mentioned here, they have now "lost" my last payment to them, and then reset up another direct debit and taken another month from me because apparently, the terms and conditions say they can continue the insurance for a second year automatically. I dont have anything in writing that says this is the case. They're now saying I owe… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2016

Hi, we would very much like to address this. If you haven't already spoken to our customer service team regarding this please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we will be happy to look in to this for you. Kind Regards

“Rip off, ignorant adviser”

Written on: 10/01/2016 by McCormack49 (1 review written)

My wife changed to the AA for her car insurance 12 months ago at a premium of£186.00, just had renewal at over £350.00. No accidents, no changes in vehicles, address, or motoring offences, and the 'advisor' was at a loss to explain. Our own explanation is the original premium was a come on to get you hooked, then bump the premium up in the hope you are stupid. Since got the same cover for £210.00. Wont be renewing our breakdown cover again either with their auto renewal. … Read Full Review

“Rude, incompetent staff”

Written on: 23/12/2015 by Maraj311 (1 review written)

I bought car insurance recently and needed to make a change to my details. Firstly I couldn't get through to someone without waiting in a queue for over 45 minutes. Why are there not enough staff to answer customer queries? Secondly, the change to my job meant it had to be referred to underwriters and this would take up to 48 hours!!! I was promised a call back - it didn't come. I called again - this time only a 35 minute wait. Again they couldn't provide a revised quote and someone… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/12/2015

Hello, we're very sorry to learn of your experience. If you haven't already spoken to someone regarding this please get in touch via our website 'contact us' and we will be very happy to address this. Kind Regards

“No No No!”

Written on: 05/11/2015 by FatsWaller10 (1 review written)

The one time in ten years that we needed to make a claim (water damage from a leaking tap in the upstairs bathroom which caused part of our downstairs kitchen ceiling to collapse), we were told we would have to pay a £400 excess. We were also told our premiums would rise substantially. Wound up paying £1200 out of my own pocket so as to keep our no claims discount and spent a whole weekend redecorating to lower the overall cost and avoid the aforementioned (would have been £1600… Read Full Review

“AA...A wful A dmin”

Written on: 21/10/2015 by Taylormw76 (1 review written)

I accepted a quote for home insurance and paid the premium online. Trhee weeks later, I received an email saying that my quote would expire in 5 days and that I should renew now if I wanted the cover. Obviously, I had to check this out and called the AA. I waited a long time in a HIGH PRIORITY queue!! The AA confirmed that I had taken cover but couldn't explain why the email had been sent. A wasted 15 mins, grrrr! There's no excuse for sloppy admin… Read Full Review

“APPALING CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Written on: 06/10/2015 by DDren (1 review written)

I rang up the AA about insurance policy I hold with them. I phoned at 3 p.m. and got an answer at 3.35. Then the agent couldn’t deal with my request to add somebody for a month onto my policy. So he put me on hold and I waited another 5 minutes until I got a response. after dealing with my insurance query, I wanted to cancel my AA breakdown cover and was told that was another department so was put on hold again. After waiting another 10 minutes the line went dead.I consider this to be… Read Full Review

“Shocking ”

Written on: 01/10/2015 by Antagonist (1 review written)

On hold for ages no ones come back to me worst call centre around shocking! AVOID… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Antagonist's Review

Written on: 02/10/2015

Hello, we are sorry to hear you're unhappy and do hope that you have contacted us to address your dissatisfaction. If not, please get in touch via our website at your earliest convenience. Kind Regards, the AA.

“Oh dear.....”

Written on: 17/09/2015 by 422Medeiros (1 review written)

Well all I can say, is that it pays to shop around. Shame on you AA, I've been a loyal customer with you for years - I've just saved £457 by shopping around with no compromises on the cover provided. Won't be coming back… Read Full Review

“Cancellation issues / poor service - AVOID”

Written on: 17/08/2015

Terrible service - even if more expensive elsewhere - use a different company. I advised of an incident (not a claim) - driver slowly touched my car when reversing (no damage / no claim on either vehicle). I called them to explain and they said i did the right thing by advising them for info purposes. Ever since i have been bombarded with standard letters relating to claims and everytime call back to advise no claim. Now i am moving overseas and after requesting cancellation, they will not… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/08/2015

“OK”

Written on: 11/08/2015 by moneyfile (1 review written)

Service is generally good but what really lets them down is the long wait for them to answer on the telephone. I have never not had to wait and whilst the automated voice always tells you that your are in a priority queue of no more than 5-10 minutes, in reality it usually has been at least 15 and once over 35 minutes on hold waiting to speak to a 'human being'. Service largely depends on who you speak to - had some very good experiences, some bad. Par for the course. No better or worse than… Read Full Review

“cancellation ripp off”

Written on: 05/08/2015 by McNeilllh153 (1 review written)

4 weeks ago I got an insurance policy with the AA of £310.00 fully comp. I rung them to inform them of a change of car and was told that my original insurance would not cover that car and they would have to find one that does. 5 minutes of being on hold the lady came back and said she found an alternative cover of £850.00. what she didn't know is that I already did an on line quote and AA were coming up at £440. I told her this and provided the quote reference. she advised she couldn't match… Read Full Review

“Complicated most drawn out Car Insurance”

Written on: 30/06/2015 by DouglasEdinburgh (1 review written)

I tried the A.A. for Car Insurance, on first contact their price was good so I went ahead. Thereafter and once they had my cash things became very complicated. They want copies of all named drivers driving licences, (thankfully I didn't insure for any driver or I would still be sending emails). They wanted proof of no claims from my previous (and next) insurer which was fair but then they want copies of all the papers parts of the new style driving licence. This meant going into a DVLA site… Read Full Review