AA Car Insurance Reviews - www.theaa.com

203

AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com

AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com

“Most money grabbing insurance company I have yet come...”

Written on: 16/07/2016 by ytWilliams9 (1 review written)

Most money grabbing insurance company I have yet come across and that is saying a lot as far as insurance companies go. They are only interested in how much money they can get out of you. There is no care of concern for you as an actual customer. Bad communication. Horrible experience. They should have a minus 0 star option on here for rating… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/07/2016

We're really sorry to read your review of dissatisfaction and hope that you raised any concerns at the time with our customer service team. We would be interested in knowing about your experience, feel free to get in touch via our website 'contact us' page if there is anything you'd like us to address. Kind Regards

“Tried to take out AA insurance through compare the...”

Written on: 06/07/2016 by Beebeoc274 (1 review written)

Tried to take out AA insurance through compare the market and the quote which included breakdown and legal assistance etc was a good price. Had to phone to pay, whereupon, AFTER she had taken my card details and I had paid, the operator said the quote didn't include breakdown at all. Absolutely outrageous. An hour of my life wasted and they keep my money for 5 days before reimbursing… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/07/2016

Hi Beebeoc274,

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy and if you'd like us to address anything further for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch via our 'Contact us' page on our website.

Kind regards

“AA Auto renew cancellation barriers”

Written on: 27/06/2016 by SussexAdam (1 review written)

I took out a car insurance policy with the AA, along with roadside assistance cover. I was happy with the service and the cover, I changed my car mid-year and although waiting for 25 mins to be connected, the process was simple and efficient. I have just received my renewal quote, which is almost double last year's premium. I have sought an alternative quote, identical in cover and underwriter for £278 instead of £423. I had to call the AA to stop the auto renewal of the policy. The agent I… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to SussexAdam's Review

Hello,

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with this. As an intermediary, we offer you the premiums that have been set by the panel of leading insurers we work with, we will always try to offer our customers the best price.
Our motto is “Courtesy and Care”, and we expect all calls for assistance to be answered within a certain time frame. We are very sorry that this was not the case when you called.
If you'd like us to look into this any further for you, please don't hesitate to get in contact via our Contact Us page on our website.

Kind regards,
The AA UK

Sussexadam's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2016

I did not post my review to complain about call waiting times. You are missing the point entirely. My issue is the barriers placed in my way to stop the auto renewal of the policy and associated car break down cover. I booked the cover as a package but when it came to stopping the auto renewal I had to speak to two different people/departments. The initial agent told me they were separate companies to start with and I would have to redial. I explained that generally add-ons would be cancelled when the primary contract is cancelled. He didn't seem to understand what I was talking about and changed his mind and transferred to another department. I simply said I was not renewing as too expensive and, out of principal, would not renew any break down cover either.
The point is your staff do not understand what constitutes an add-on and how insurance contracts work. Furthermore your firm doesn't promote good customer outcomes with its approach to 'treating customers fairly', by placing barriers in the way of cancelling/switching products or suppliers. I will not be contacting your firm, I merely wish to warn other, potentially vulnerable customers from enduring your laborious stop renewal process.

“TERRIBLE INSURANCE COMPANY”

Written on: 25/06/2016 by bobcat56 (1 review written)

When i rang the AA to ask for a quote back in Apr 2016, i made sure to tell them the i wanted the perk added to my policy to drive anyone's car. I was told by there agent that because i was 24 years old, i would have to wait until i turned 25 then i could add it to my policy. This week i turned 25 and rang them up to get the add on to my policy. I was told that the company do not add on any perks once the policy has been taken out. Now keep in mind the only reason i went with the AA is because… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to bobcat56's Review

Written on: 27/06/2016

Hi bobcat56,

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with this and if you'd like us to look into this any further for you, please don't hesitate to get in contact via our Contact Us page on our website.

Kind regards,
The AA UK

Bobcat56's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2016

I have been in contact with you. Why do you think i posted this review? I was informed that there was nothing you could do. If you are actually going to follow through on your word and add the drive anyone's car perk to my policy then contact me. Im done wasting my time with you.

“Out of touch with reality!!”

Written on: 18/06/2016 by SoniaLarson (1 review written)

Over the last year I have insured my car through the AA. I was happy with their service and cost all of which came to an abrupt end when I sold my car and needed to cancel my insurance. I contacted the AA and explained that the car had been sold, the agent told me that I would be entitled to a £55 refund which would be refunded against the card used for the original policy. I explained to the agent that the original card had been cancelled some months earlier and that I had changed banks. I… Read Full Review

“Very poor service by the AA”

Written on: 12/06/2016 by urKirkland243 (1 review written)

Was hit from behind in my car 2 days before my AA car insurance was due to start. Called and told the AA. They charged me an additional £53. The driver's insurance company who crashed into me, wrote a letter to the AA advising that it was not my fault. AA wont reimburse me my money & they "do not know" if their underwriter will give me my £53 back once the claim is settled! I phoned and cancelled my AA breakdown and recovery that my wife and I had been members of for 24 years in protest… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/06/2016

We're very sorry to learn of your experience and would really like the opportunity to address this for you. We notice you mention that you have contacted us already to no avail. Please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we'll investigate this. Kind Regards

“Unable to purchase via Money a Supermarket due poor AA web”

Written on: 08/06/2016 by B1bpm (1 review written)

Was sent renewal via post by AA £140.00. Went onto Money Supermarket and was Quoted £103.00 tried to purchase the policy through Money Super Market however the AA web site asked for a quotation reference number to retrieve the quote however Money Supermarket does not provide you with a quote reference therefore you cannot buy the insurance. Had to go to a Saga to purchase car insurance as their Web site worked properly, however it did cost me £27.00 more for e same cover. Both the AA and… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to B1bpm's Review

Written on: 08/06/2016

We hope that you managed to speak to an advisor about this issue at the time or a live online chat agent, we would've been happy to get to the bottom of it for you. If we can help at all please feel free to get in touch via our 'contact us' page. Thank you

“SHAMEFUL DISGUSTING RUN AWAY NOW!!!BUYER BEWARE.”

Written on: 25/04/2016 by nvMarshall281 (1 review written)

AA is BIGGGGGG ON PROMISE AND little ON Action. Their service is nonexistent except to placate and HIDE behind management company (Claim Fast, who only want to take money, get you served fast...no matter is it is what you want or need, they do what they want only, and get out) ROTTEN CUSTOMER SERVICE ROTTEN, had RTA not my fault, am injured and miserable. DO NOT RECOMMEND. also I had another issue and was told I was not insured for it, despite it being the very reason I needed good… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/04/2016

We're sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction in both the insurance and breakdown services. With breakdown assistance, if you do not hold the relevant level of cover and require a tow further than what your membership already allows we will offer the option to upgrade this at the time, however surcharges will apply to add this on to your membership in a breakdown situation. If we can help with anything further please do not hesitate to contact us via our website 'contact us' page we'll be happy to address this.

“Disgusting ”

Written on: 19/03/2016 by CaseyBradshaw (1 review written)

Absaloutu shambolic awful customer service and no empathy shown towards customers .. AA cancelled my policy without informing me!!!!!! Will not take no ownership of this and I am disgusted manager has no customer service skills and treated me disgustingly I am a manager myself and no way in shape or form would I allow my staff to speak to customers the way her team did before then passing me on to this under qualified manger… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/03/2016

Hello, this is concerning and we would really like the opportunity to investigate the call. If you haven't spoken to someone about this already please feel free to get in touch via our website 'contact us' page we'll be happy to address this. Thank you

Cwhb's Comment

Written on: 25/04/2016

RIGHT ON I HAVE HAD THE SAME AWFUL SERVICE OH THEY SAY YES I UNDERSTANDD YES I UNDERSTAND.... BALONEY!!! THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND WHEN IT COMES TIME FOR SERVICE?????? GOOD LUCK TO YOU! I WISH I HAD READ THESE REVIEWS FIRST

FURTHERMORE AFTER AN ACCIDENT (NOT AT FAULT) THEY FOIB YOU OFF TO CLAIMS FAST, OR ELSE YOU GET NOPTHIONG REALLY IN TERMS OF HELP, A COMPANY WHO TAKES THE AA MONEY AND PROVIDES VERY LITTLE EXCEPT A SERIOUS TREES WORTH OF MAIL PITA!!!!

Written on: 25/04/2016

Hi, we're sorry to hear you're unhappy. Please get in touch via our website if there is anything you'd like us to address. Thank you.

“Shockingly bad!!!”

Written on: 19/03/2016 by Perry1993 (1 review written)

First time with the AA and DEFINITELY the last. They ask for document after document after document from you. You post them, they reply they need better copies or more information. This happened to me 4 times which was extremely frustrating as the first copies were perfect. Customer Support is non existent, a really awful experience that I will NEVER go through again… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/03/2016

Hi Perry1993, if we can help with anything please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page we would be happy to address this for you. Thanks

“Lack of compassion”

Written on: 14/03/2016 by AliyaCoyne197 (1 review written)

My husband died very suddenly at the end of July I rang the AA as we had two vehicles insured with them they were extremely unhelpful and wanted to charge me twice the amount we had paid even though I was a named driver. Luckily I also had a vehicle insured in my name and that company was very helpful. I have been contacted on several occasions asking to talk to my husband at first this was distressing but now I am angry. They need to keep their records up to date… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/03/2016

Hi AliyaCoyne197, we're very sorry to hear this and can understand your distress. We would like to help to ensure this does not happen again. If you haven't already spoken to someone about this please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we'll get this looked in to as soon as possible. Thank you

“Rip Off company! Do not use them!”

Written on: 27/02/2016 by Elvisw38 (1 review written)

I cancelled my policy on 27 January which started the 15 December 15. I also cancelled my direct debit expecting AA to send me a detailed balance through the post. However nothing happened. Instead of that AA now wants £156. This means they try to make me pay £30 for cancellation including late payment penalty £12 because they could not lift money out of my bank account anymore. On top of that they charge me interests. When I filed a complaint all I got was a stupid answer. Better do not… Read Full Review

Jdumont's Comment

Written on: 27/02/2016

I forgot one more thing: AA is not refunding your breakdown cover if you cancel early pretending that it is a different department and that they have nothing to do with it. Also they won't tell you if you sign up with them at the beginning that they will NOT refund your breakdown cover which you pay in advance! Isn't that taking a micky out of people?

“Don't use them, they charge a £25 admin fee to update...”

Written on: 21/02/2016 by Wren19 (1 review written)

Don't use them, they charge a £25 admin fee to update any details and don't even post you new documents you have to pay to print them. Unfair charges which their regulator needs to crack down on, I asked the aa to justify the excessive fee when a change took a member of staff less than 3 minutes but as to now noone from aa can justify it. When you join they also 'auto renew' your policy after hiking the price up to whatever they feel like. Again this is another scheme their regulator needs to… Read Full Review

“Terrible customer care ireland”

Written on: 19/02/2016 by Baylee135 (1 review written)

Republic of Ireland service poor cancelled my policy for no reason… Read Full Review

“Dishonest”

Written on: 06/02/2016 by CPC2015 (1 review written)

My partner and I had a car insurance policy with The AA for one year, we opted not to continue with them for another year as the premium had drastically increased. We took out new insurance and I attempted to call and cancel the policy with the AA. As is common it was impossible to get through on the phone, I cancelled the direct debit and received a letter informing that £111 needed to be payed by Feb 04th 2016 or the policy would be cancelled. Great I thought, this is what I want. On the… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to CPC2015's Review

Written on: 08/02/2016

We're very keen to help with this matter. Please contact us via our website 'contact us' page at your earliest convenience so that we may address this. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

Cpc2015's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 08/02/2016

I have contacted The AA regarding this issue on 4th Feb as you have suggested. I am yet to receive a reply. Looking on here the comment from AA appears to be a standard response to everyone that's posted a review.

The Aa's reply to Cpc2015's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2016

Thanks for letting us know that you have raised this. We hope you manage to get this resolved. If you have any further issues feel free to contact us via our web site. The AA

“Verging on bullying for money I've already paid them”

Written on: 10/01/2016 by Halefc199 (1 review written)

Despite having cancelled my insurance after 12 months, because I stupidly cancelled my direct debit early so they couldn't keep taking money out as other people have mentioned here, they have now "lost" my last payment to them, and then reset up another direct debit and taken another month from me because apparently, the terms and conditions say they can continue the insurance for a second year automatically. I dont have anything in writing that says this is the case. They're now saying I owe… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/01/2016

Hi, we would very much like to address this. If you haven't already spoken to our customer service team regarding this please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we will be happy to look in to this for you. Kind Regards

“Rip off, ignorant adviser”

Written on: 10/01/2016 by McCormack49 (1 review written)

My wife changed to the AA for her car insurance 12 months ago at a premium of£186.00, just had renewal at over £350.00. No accidents, no changes in vehicles, address, or motoring offences, and the 'advisor' was at a loss to explain. Our own explanation is the original premium was a come on to get you hooked, then bump the premium up in the hope you are stupid. Since got the same cover for £210.00. Wont be renewing our breakdown cover again either with their auto renewal. … Read Full Review

“Rude, incompetent staff”

Written on: 23/12/2015 by Maraj311 (1 review written)

I bought car insurance recently and needed to make a change to my details. Firstly I couldn't get through to someone without waiting in a queue for over 45 minutes. Why are there not enough staff to answer customer queries? Secondly, the change to my job meant it had to be referred to underwriters and this would take up to 48 hours!!! I was promised a call back - it didn't come. I called again - this time only a 35 minute wait. Again they couldn't provide a revised quote and someone… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/12/2015

Hello, we're very sorry to learn of your experience. If you haven't already spoken to someone regarding this please get in touch via our website 'contact us' and we will be very happy to address this. Kind Regards

“No No No!”

Written on: 05/11/2015 by FatsWaller10 (1 review written)

The one time in ten years that we needed to make a claim (water damage from a leaking tap in the upstairs bathroom which caused part of our downstairs kitchen ceiling to collapse), we were told we would have to pay a £400 excess. We were also told our premiums would rise substantially. Wound up paying £1200 out of my own pocket so as to keep our no claims discount and spent a whole weekend redecorating to lower the overall cost and avoid the aforementioned (would have been £1600… Read Full Review

“AA...A wful A dmin”

Written on: 21/10/2015 by Taylormw76 (1 review written)

I accepted a quote for home insurance and paid the premium online. Trhee weeks later, I received an email saying that my quote would expire in 5 days and that I should renew now if I wanted the cover. Obviously, I had to check this out and called the AA. I waited a long time in a HIGH PRIORITY queue!! The AA confirmed that I had taken cover but couldn't explain why the email had been sent. A wasted 15 mins, grrrr! There's no excuse for sloppy admin… Read Full Review