Fuji Finepix 2600 Reviews

Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Alkaline or Rechargeable
  • 1.8-inch colour LCD
  • Multi-Frame Playback displays nine different images
  • Easy Connection With PCs using the USB connection and the included FinePixViewer software
  • Utility software turns the FinePix 2600 Zoom into a Webcam.
  • 2.0 megapixel CCD
  • High-performance 3x optical zoom
  • Comes with two AA Ni-MH batteries, a battery charger and a 16MB SmartMedia card
  • The FinePix 2600 Zoom has a movie recording feature without sound

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I've owned this camera for a year now and I've been...”

Written on: 16/12/2002 by Terry D. (1 review written)

I've owned this camera for a year now and I've been very satisfied with it. The photo quality is high, it has plenty of features, and it's easy to use… Read Full Review

Spock.'s Response to 58446_Terry D.'s Review

Written on: 05/03/2003

Hi Just wondered if i am the only one who hates this cams low battery life? I even bought an adapter but every time i put it in the cam. The cam turns off. Why is this ? I use Duracell Mac 3 batteries.. they are not re charcabel? Is this why it wont work?

“Very happy with the quality of the pictures and find...”

Written on: 07/11/2002 by Nikos. (1 review written)

Very happy with the quality of the pictures and find it easy and fairly intuitive to use. I tend to use the 1Mpix resolution most of the time. The batteries tend to run out fairly quickly when the screen display is used - perhaps a 3rd battery would help. Pleased I bought it… Read Full Review

“This Fuji Finepix 2600 took many better shots at our...”

Written on: 23/10/2002 by Luc. (1 review written)

This Fuji Finepix 2600 took many better shots at our beach wedding than the 'professional' photographer we paid for! The simple movie mode is good too. But don't even think of using regular AA batteries - you'll get only 4 shots from a brand new pack of Duracells!… Read Full Review

59122_Fujifan.'s Response to 45755_Luc.'s Review

Written on: 19/12/2002

I have the camera, and it came with the appropriate batteries. I would never dream of putting duracells in them, use what the manufacturer gives you. Mine came with 2 batteries and a charger, and I can go 2 weeks before charging the batteries. TERRIFIC CAMERA!

64361_Charlesw.'s Response to 45755_Luc.'s Review

Written on: 11/01/2003

I had the Finepix 2400 - a great camera. You could use duracells. They would last months and I never had the feeling that they were discharging when the camera was not in use. I actually gave up using the rechargeables because of the inconvenience of recharging, which was a major pain when travelling.
Unfortunately my 2400 was stolen. The 2600 is equivalent in terms of picture quality, but the battery issue is dreadful. I am travelling for 3 weeks soon and will have to take the charger and hope that the international adaptor for Brazil agrees with it!

“Overall this Fuji Finepix 2600 is a good digital...”

Written on: 25/09/2002 by Ronnie Gauci. (1 review written)

Overall this Fuji Finepix 2600 is a good digital camera when you consider the money you pay. It's accessories are a bit hard to find, especially here in Europe… Read Full Review

“I am very happy with this Fuji Finepix 2600 digital...”

Written on: 29/05/2002 by D. (1 review written)

I am very happy with this Fuji Finepix 2600 digital camera. I have not tried to use all of its functions yet, but will try (although I don't really need to). I bought the FujiFinePix 2600 at RitzCamera for $279.00. I could have gotten it cheaper on line but I'm reluctant to buy electronics on-line. The optical zoom is fantastic. I used the optical zoom to take a photo of a hot air balloon that had to be at least 2 miles away. The shot came out great! My next camera in a few years will be… Read Full Review

“I used the Fuji 2600 digital camera to photograph my...”

Written on: 02/03/2002 by Raymond Babb. (1 review written)

I used the Fuji 2600 digital camera to photograph my sisters wedding in Barbados and the results were just stunning. I also used the camera to photograph architecture and found the resulting pictures to be almost equal to print film. I have used 35mm SLR camera's for years and this camera has sold me on digital imaging. When coupled with an external flash, the camera is great for 'people photography. There is a bit of a time lag between when you press the shutter release to when the picture is… Read Full Review

“The Fuji Finepix 2600 is great overall. Photo quality...”

Written on: 24/12/2001 by longbrder. (1 review written)

The Fuji Finepix 2600 is great overall. Photo quality is better than the $900 cams from a couple of years ago.
I will need to buy a couple of more batteries and an extra memory card… Read Full Review

“My Finepix 2600 was delivered within 24 hrs. used the...”

Written on: 16/11/2001 by D.Williams. (1 review written)

My Finepix 2600 was delivered within 24 hrs. used the same day and printed photos the same evening, delighted with this digital camera and results and would definitely recommend as good value for money. A best buy… Read Full Review

6837_Jenny.'s Response to 5916_D.Williams.'s Review

Written on: 06/12/2001

Thank you for mentioning the printed photo quality. That is what I am most interested in.

“The reviews on the internet for this camera sold it...”

Written on: 05/11/2001 by Vicky H. (1 review written)

The reviews on the internet for this camera sold it for me. With all the features and benefits, and reviews of it's easy use - I just had to buy it. Our ordinary camera was on it's last legs, and before long we would have had to replace it. We've got a holiday coming up in March, and the idea of not having to pay for 5 or six rolls of film to be developed definitely swung it for me. Then I saw it on InternetCamerasDirect's web site. It was up to £35 cheaper, and delivery was included in the… Read Full Review

“All in all a good camera at a reasonable price. ”

Written on: 02/11/2001 by Peter Davies. (1 review written)

All in all a good camera at a reasonable price.
Slow delivery let the firm down badly and I will never use them again… Read Full Review

13174_Martin.'s Response to 5443_Peter Davies.'s Review

Written on: 18/02/2002

Thanks for mentioning the webcam feature . I am particularly interested in having this feature in a digicam.

“Judge for yourselves, I have left some sample...”

Written on: 20/10/2001 by Simeon Collins. (1 review written)

Judge for yourselves, I have left some sample photographs on the following web site, via internetcamerasdirect. I originally had an old Pentax 35mm SLR which desperately needed to be replaced so I was a bit dubious buying a digital camera bacause I wanted guaranteed quality as well as being able to take quantity. So far I have absolutely no regrets and internetcamerasdirect were very efficient. Order placed Sunday, credit card details confirmed Monday and camera delivered Tuesday - well… Read Full Review