Fuji Finepix 2600 Reviews

Optical Zoom 3
Battery Type Alkaline or Rechargeable
  • 1.8-inch colour LCD
  • Multi-Frame Playback displays nine different images
  • Easy Connection With PCs using the USB connection and the included FinePixViewer software
  • Utility software turns the FinePix 2600 Zoom into a Webcam.
  • 2.0 megapixel CCD
  • High-performance 3x optical zoom
  • Comes with two AA Ni-MH batteries, a battery charger and a 16MB SmartMedia card
  • The FinePix 2600 Zoom has a movie recording feature without sound

Fuji Finepix 2600

“For starters, hands down the Fuji Finepix 2600 digital...”

Written on: 04/10/2005 by jharvey73071 (1 review written)

For starters, hands down the Fuji Finepix 2600 digital camera is the absolute best camera I have owned to date. I have had the camera for over 4 years now. I have just upgraded to an S5100, which I love just as much. I am passing on my 2600 to my brother who is computer and camera illiterate, but he is wanting to learn. There is no better digital camera to learn and experiment with for beginners. I have photo's I will cherish for the rest of my life thanks to Fuji Film. I LOVE MY FUJI!!… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“My Fuji Finepix 2600 did not last a full 2 years. Now...”

Written on: 24/11/2003 by HLF (1 review written)

My Fuji Finepix 2600 did not last a full 2 years. Now when I turn the camera on, the lens extends but the camera dies if an attempt is made to either turn on the monitor or take a photo. I really expected more than two years of service from this piece of equipment. I replaced both the batteries and the media card but neither seem to make any difference. I'll expected to replace the 2.1 MP camera if it worked well but if this is what I can expect from Fuji, I'll have to try a different brand… Read Full Review

Rocketsoo's Response to HLF's Review

Written on: 19/07/2004

I have exactly the same problem and mine is only 16 months old. I am sending mine to Fuji (for what it's worth) with copies of all the negative feedback for this camera.

Fuji Finepix 2600

“Any one know how to rectify this? I"ve read the...”

Written on: 27/05/2003 by DG. (1 review written)

Any one know how to rectify this? I"ve read the manual but don't know what the problem is. They look nice and crisp on the viewer. I'm using photo suite to look at them on the pc...should I get different pic editing software?… Read Full Review

107840_Callan Cool.'s Response to 101645_DG.'s Review

Written on: 16/06/2003

definately not. Although I don't own one of these,though I can understand your problem. I'll explain it as simply as possible, and add that it applies to all owners of digital cameras with preview screens.
<br>
<br>When you take a picture, it gets reduced to fit on a preview screen. If you imagine an image say taken at 1'000 pixels then on the screen you will have 1000 on a screen about 1 1/2 inches. If you were to take it at 2'000 pixels then youd get 2'000 pixels squeezed into the same area. In order to fit onto the screen, each pixel will be smaller, thus making the on screen image clearer. However on a photo editing screen, this is not the case. The software will usually view the image at either 1x its actual pixel size, ot half of it, instead of say a tenth of the size which a preview screen displays. As a result, on many preview screens, a blurred or soft edged photo will appear as a rock steady image, but appear as it really is on your computer monitor. This therefore may simply be because you are either not holding the camera steady when taking a photograph, or not focusing by using the optical zoom. If you can, set the camera to fixed focus, to see if that improves things. Otherwise, when taking a photo, use the preview screen to focus it before taking your shot. To do this, all you do is look at the preview screen before taking a shot. To focus it, use the zoom in out controll for the optical zoom until the preview screen becomes clear not slightly blurred, and then half press and hold the shutter to lock the settings in the cameras memory, and then fully press the shutter to take the shot. Hold the camera as steady as possible. If this corrects the problem, great. If not, then a 1600 x 1200 pixel image into editing software, and set the view to 1x for image size. then go to print preview and check to ensure fit to page is selected. If the picture prints out clear, then good, its your monitor or windows settings at fault. If its blurred its either your photo technique or a faulty camera. Yes it's a Fuji, but it still may be faulty.
<br>
<br>To check your monitor settings, right click on the desktop and select properties. Then click the settings tab. You should be set to 1024 x 768 for a 17 inch monitor, and 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 on a 15 inch, and 640 x 480 or 800x 600 on a 14 inch.
<br>
<br>Having said that I just resized my monitor to 640 x 480 to virw a photo at 1600 x 1200 pixels,. and it wasn't blurred at that resolution , though I thought it might be. Another thing to remember is that a any image will look sharper on the preview screen than on a monitor. It could be that your monitor is very old and badly producing images.
<br>
<br>If you e-mail me a copy of one photo to callan_stevens@hotmail.com but remembering that it must be l;ess than 1'000 kb in size for hotmail to accept it, then I'll look at it and get back to you. If you want to send more please do, but none of people please, just places or objects. For eah photo sens a seperate mail.
<br>GBU
<br>Callan cool

Fuji Finepix 2600

“This is my third digital camera in the past 2 years...”

Written on: 18/05/2003 by xray1995. (1 review written)

This is my third digital camera in the past 2 years and the 2600 is hands down the best in value and picture quality. This camera is ready to use right out of the box. The USB cable (included) downloads so quick you don't need an AC Adapter, the included batteries supply ample power. I got 150 photos with the LCD monitor on, you can get 300 with the optical zoom. This camera is so much like a 35mm point and shoot. Higly recommended… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“If you are going to take alot of night time photos...”

Written on: 06/05/2003 by Don Post. (1 review written)

If you are going to take alot of night time photos under artificial light, the Finepix 2600 is not for you… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“The camera is great, any bad reviews are from people...”

Written on: 04/02/2003 by Thadude. (1 review written)

The camera is great, any bad reviews are from people that don't know how to use a real camera. Anyone who thinks a flash is supposed to go more then seven feet doesn't know a thing about photography… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“This is the first digital camera I have bought, I also...”

Written on: 30/01/2003 by Smokey Joe. (1 review written)

This is the first digital camera I have bought, I also have an SLR camera and do like good photos. The Fuji 2600Z is perfect for it's intended use, it takes perfect point and shoot pictures in natural light. All colours and images are sharp, bright and crisp. Photos taken at a distance using the flash can be a little dark... by hey ! isn't that the same as any other camera ? All features on the camera are very easy to use. This camera is a pure pleasure to own - I'm glad I bought it, and… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“I got the camera on the internet about 6 months ago...”

Written on: 26/01/2003 by dave. (1 review written)

I got the camera on the internet about 6 months ago (pays to shop around). I really like the camera for the money, it's not very good as a web cam but thats not why i got it so it does not worry me. The battery life isn't very good, i would like the camera to show how many photos you have left to take, because you can run out of room on the card, or give you some warning when the card is nearly full, But in all a great camera very easy to use… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“Great camera the only problem I have is that even...”

Written on: 16/01/2003 by skipper. (1 review written)

Great camera the only problem I have is that even though I set the flash to red eye I still get red eye. Can anyone help?… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“This is, so far, best digital camera in it's price...”

Written on: 09/01/2003 by Lab. (1 review written)

This is, so far, best digital camera in it's price range. If you consider only taking pictures outdoors (or indoor in fair light), this camera is excellent choice even in range of twice priced cameras! But if you shot your photos in low-light ambient (streets at night or dark room for example) don't even consider this as your choice. Movie mode is useless (20 FPS, no sound) and web camera is even worse. Also, LCD screen, plastic body and shape (it's a bit fat) are sacrificed to get such low… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Fuji Finepix 2600

“This Fuji Finepix 2600 digital camera is garbage. The...”

Written on: 31/12/2002 by briancbos. (1 review written)

This Fuji Finepix 2600 digital camera is garbage. The lens keeps retracting into the camera and it won't take any pictures. Even when the lens door is open, the camera indicates that it is closed and it won't take any pictures.
Don't waste your money on this… Read Full Review

62558_Steve.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 05/01/2003

Try opening the sliding lens cover fully. It should click into position.

Rocketsoo's Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 05/09/2004

Well, I said I'd return my Camera to Fuji, which I did. I sent a covering letter and all the reviews from this website. Fuji have sent me an an estimate of £100 to fix it, accompanied by a standard letter - no mention of having read anything I sent them. I can buy another camera for £100 - so I will. Needless to say, NOT a Fuji.

Rocketsoo's Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 19/07/2004

I have the same problem - have had mine for 18 months. I'm sending it to Fuji with a printout of this page. Don't suppose it'll do any good but can only try. I certainly wouldn't buy another, even though I always loved my Fuji film camera.

158274_Edwed's Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2004

Aabsolutely
<br>
<br>My camera is exactly same
<br>
<br>Wouldn't have a fuji given to me, and I'll tell as many people as I can about it.

157910_Waterfall12's Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2004

Same problem here except I got about 1 and 1/2 yrs. The lens stuck in an extended position and it worked for a while and now I get a focus error and it doesn't work at all. I will not buy another one of these again.

Mariposa622's Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 26/05/2004

yes same problem. Camera worked brilliantly for 1 year as a point and shoot, then the lens got jammed in the extended position. Camera is now garbage. It will cost more to repair than buying a new one. All I can say is that I will not be buying another Fuji, will pay more to buy a better brand.

119703_Larry.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 29/07/2003

Same problem with lens staying out, says "focus error". $125.00 at Ritz Camera (for repair) for 15 month old camera (over three months to repair) and now pictures are blurred. Fuji should step up. Lucky for us , we have a film camera.

Ginger K.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 15/07/2003

Agree totally with all who damn the lens cover problem. Ours did the same thing, after about a year: simply kept retracting the lens and shutting off if the least pressure were out on the lens cover AFTER it was snapped (clicked) into place PER THE OWNER'S MANUAL! I did find that loosening the screws holding the unit together then tightening gave me a few weeks relief, but I have yet to see any proper fix from Fuji. Any other ideas out there? Thanx.
<br>Sprocket

103249_Bigbear.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 01/06/2003

Same lens cover problem here. If it's that common, you would think that Fuji would recall and fix for free.

100811_Kev.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 23/05/2003

I also really liked this camera ... until it just stopped working! The lens jammed in the extended position when it was switched off and now the camera is useless, will not respond and will neither focus or take pictures! Any quick fixes?

Ledgerline.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 14/05/2003

I agree entirely with the coment by 'moi' on 1-May-03. I too loved using the camera until the lens cover problem manifest itself. Any ideas on a cure other than dumping it. £275 of camera is a lot to dump after just over 1 years use in my opinion!

93993_Moi.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 01/05/2003

Before you attack the reviewer you should know that this camera DOES have a design flaw. I had been using my 2600 for almost a year and had been very happy with it.....until the lens cover problem happened. Somehow the sensor malfunctions, thinks the lens cover is not open and retracts the lens. I know how to use my 2600 and had used it for a year with no problems before this happened. I am ready to dump my camera now though since I have missed many shots due to the lens retracting at an inopportune moment. I used to love this camera but now I get so frustrated whenever I try to use it fighting against the stupid lens cover sensor.

89452_Martin.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 16/04/2003

HEY if you hate your camera so much give it to me! I give you 10$ for it!

Bobmopar.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 10/04/2003

Operator ERROR! Eather your very dim witted or I don't know what. Eather the camera is defictive or you are....i gave my wife one of these for Christmass a year ago, she has no mechacicial ability, and hates new technolgy! She loves this thing and takes houndreds of pictures, read the manual or get someone who can read to show YOU how to use the Camera!!!!

74207_Alex.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 20/02/2003

I had the same problem not being able to open the cover, so I went back to the store and they pointed me out. It's kinda weird for the cover to have 2 opening positions.

73381_Bnlt.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 16/02/2003

make sure the lens snaps in place

69027_Tech325.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 29/01/2003

read the owners manual.

63655_Mikec.'s Response to briancbos.'s Review

Written on: 08/01/2003

How come you give this camera 8/10 for ease of use when you couldn't take any pictures with your camera. I think this camera is great. Bet you did not open the lense cover fully till it clicked, like the other chap said.

Fuji Finepix 2600

“Anyways this is a really good camera for the price it...”

Written on: 22/12/2002 by ash. (1 review written)

Anyways this is a really good camera for the price it is it's worth ever penny you spend :)… Read Full Review

Jeanetta.'s Response to 59705_ash.'s Review

Written on: 19/03/2003

I'm having the same problem with the lense cover as the original reviewer. The camera worked just fine for about a year and a half. Lately after I have the lense cover open, past the second click, and am taking pictures the lense retracts and I get the "!Lense Cover" error message. This happens without even touching the lense cover. Sometimes pressing on the lense cover clears it up, sometimes it doesn't. Other than that I have no complaints.

Fuji Finepix 2600

“The indoor flash takes horrible photos. Take it from...”

Written on: 19/12/2002 by Jspadaro. (1 review written)

The indoor flash takes horrible photos. Take it from some who knows cameras. Any distance over 7 feet stinks. Waste of money if you plan on heavy indoor use over 7 feet. Otherwise, not bad for PC cam and outdoor… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“I've owned this camera for a year now and I've been...”

Written on: 16/12/2002 by Terry D. (1 review written)

I've owned this camera for a year now and I've been very satisfied with it. The photo quality is high, it has plenty of features, and it's easy to use… Read Full Review

Spock.'s Response to 58446_Terry D.'s Review

Written on: 05/03/2003

Hi Just wondered if i am the only one who hates this cams low battery life? I even bought an adapter but every time i put it in the cam. The cam turns off. Why is this ? I use Duracell Mac 3 batteries.. they are not re charcabel? Is this why it wont work?

Fuji Finepix 2600

“Very happy with the quality of the pictures and find...”

Written on: 07/11/2002 by Nikos. (1 review written)

Very happy with the quality of the pictures and find it easy and fairly intuitive to use. I tend to use the 1Mpix resolution most of the time. The batteries tend to run out fairly quickly when the screen display is used - perhaps a 3rd battery would help. Pleased I bought it… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“The Fuji Finepix 2600 Z is a very nice digital camera...”

Written on: 27/10/2002 by angel24of3. (1 review written)

The Fuji Finepix 2600 Z is a very nice digital camera as far as taking pic's outside goes. I bought it to use as a webcam 'cause i liked the zoom option but to my suprise it doesn't work in PC mode and it needs a lot of light to see you… Read Full Review

57124_Mike.'s Response to angel24of3.'s Review

Written on: 10/12/2002

Yes I agree it doesn't make a good web cam, but surley if you'd wanted a webcam it would have been cheaper to buy a proper webcam, it is after all a DIGITAL CAMERA!! I mean you wouldn't buy a lorry to take your christmas shopping home in!!

112245_Savage Steve.'s Response to angel24of3.'s Review

Written on: 01/07/2003

Very true. The finepix does best in good light. The flash could be brighter but if you do any level of photography you would opt for the more expensive Fuji cameras anyway.

74208_Alex.'s Response to angel24of3.'s Review

Written on: 20/02/2003

Response to Mike: but FUJI actually put webcam as one of the camera's main feature! If it doesn't work well at all, they shouldn't put it as a feature!

Fuji Finepix 2600

“This Fuji Finepix 2600 took many better shots at our...”

Written on: 23/10/2002 by Luc. (1 review written)

This Fuji Finepix 2600 took many better shots at our beach wedding than the 'professional' photographer we paid for! The simple movie mode is good too. But don't even think of using regular AA batteries - you'll get only 4 shots from a brand new pack of Duracells!… Read Full Review

59122_Fujifan.'s Response to 45755_Luc.'s Review

Written on: 19/12/2002

I have the camera, and it came with the appropriate batteries. I would never dream of putting duracells in them, use what the manufacturer gives you. Mine came with 2 batteries and a charger, and I can go 2 weeks before charging the batteries. TERRIFIC CAMERA!

64361_Charlesw.'s Response to 45755_Luc.'s Review

Written on: 11/01/2003

I had the Finepix 2400 - a great camera. You could use duracells. They would last months and I never had the feeling that they were discharging when the camera was not in use. I actually gave up using the rechargeables because of the inconvenience of recharging, which was a major pain when travelling.
Unfortunately my 2400 was stolen. The 2600 is equivalent in terms of picture quality, but the battery issue is dreadful. I am travelling for 3 weeks soon and will have to take the charger and hope that the international adaptor for Brazil agrees with it!

Fuji Finepix 2600

“Overall this Fuji Finepix 2600 is a good digital...”

Written on: 25/09/2002 by Ronnie Gauci. (1 review written)

Overall this Fuji Finepix 2600 is a good digital camera when you consider the money you pay. It's accessories are a bit hard to find, especially here in Europe… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“This Fuji Finepix 2600 is a good digital camera for...”

Written on: 20/09/2002 by Bill. (1 review written)

This Fuji Finepix 2600 is a good digital camera for every day pictures. It is not a good camera if you want to take pictures of a sporting event. Zoom lens does not work too well… Read Full Review

Fuji Finepix 2600

“I am very happy with this Fuji Finepix 2600 digital...”

Written on: 29/05/2002 by D. (1 review written)

I am very happy with this Fuji Finepix 2600 digital camera. I have not tried to use all of its functions yet, but will try (although I don't really need to). I bought the FujiFinePix 2600 at RitzCamera for $279.00. I could have gotten it cheaper on line but I'm reluctant to buy electronics on-line. The optical zoom is fantastic. I used the optical zoom to take a photo of a hot air balloon that had to be at least 2 miles away. The shot came out great! My next camera in a few years will be… Read Full Review