Gourmet Society, Nottingham Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Gourmet Society, Nottingham - Ask a question now

“Rouge traders”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by zxKenney364 (1 review written)

The introductory offers are a way to get your credit card details. They bill you for another year and refuse any refund when you complain. Don't confuse with Tastecard who are legit… Read Full Review

“Nightmare to Cancel Free Trial”

Written on: 18/06/2014 by joanawilson (1 review written)

Don't get hooked with a free trial! You can't use the card in most places Fri - Sun and the free trial locks you in for another year unless you: Telephone for a cancellation code Return the card Chase them up to see they have cancelled before a years membership is debited All on an 0845 number in a lengthy call wait! All in all, a crooked company - try the TASTECARD which is opposite to them as you sign up for a free trial, and are not locked in, and don't get all this hassle!… Read Full Review

“Rude and money grabbing ”

Written on: 29/10/2013

Signed up for free trial via telegraph and got sucked in to 3 months for £1. Never actually used the card so didn't benefit from it as didn't realise can't use fri - sun. The GS sent me a new card telling me they would discount almost £70 from my card - I never agreed to this. Called to cancel card - expensive call, on hold for ages. Eventually spoke to someone with a nasal drawl who mumbled so badly found it hard to understand him, kept trying various things to get me to continue membership… Read Full Review

“I save money every time I eat out!”

Written on: 13/12/2011

I got a free trial of the Gourmet Society card and I was planning to cancel the membership after the 2 month free trial like I did with tastecard. However, I was surprised to find that unlike tastecard they actually have some restaurants that take your card at the weekend! During the trial period, I ate at Cafe Rouge and saved £20, then at a local Indian and saved about the same. The price for the membership after the trial was £40, and as I had already saved about that I thought it was… Read Full Review

“I have visited the Red Hot Buffet and Bar in Milton...”

Written on: 03/05/2011

I have visited the Red Hot Buffet and Bar in Milton Keynes and Nottingham, and have been extremely pleased with the service and quality of food at both of the locations. The restaurant would be suitable for anyones tastes as there is a massive choice of food, I particularly enjoyed the desert bar, offering bite size tasters of a variety of cakes.

I would recommend Red Hot to anyone who wants to enjoy excellent food in a relaxed and lively environment!… Read Full Review

“This is well worth having if you ike eating out. get...”

Written on: 01/02/2010

This is well worth having if you ike eating out. get discounts at all sorts of different restaurants - not just chains like you'd find on the internet discount sites. another plus is the card works all over the country which is really useful. if you eat out more than once or twice a year in one of the restaurants offering the discount, it'll pay for itself. I eat out about once a month and it's well worth having. The best offer is actually the 25% off as this covers a few people and includes… Read Full Review

“Found it works really well though, because its got...”

Written on: 02/04/2008 by elliotreed (1 review written)

Found it works really well though, because its got some really posh restaurants as well as some unpretentious small places, and chain restaurants too if thats your bag.
Theres loads of restaurants where I live in the Midlands, but think its a nationwide jobbie. My mate joined a few weeks ago on a promotional code, it stuck in my mind cos it was PRETTY
she paid 25 quid and got 14months, she reckons she's already saved that!!!! God, I sound like I work for them but I promise I dont, just think… Read Full Review

“I think the http://www.thegourmetsociety.co.uk is...”

Written on: 11/06/2007 by nottsfoodie (1 review written)

I think the http://www.thegourmetsociety.co.uk is great if you eat out even just a few times in a year. If you are expecting to get totally free food and drink every time you go out and never have to spend a single penny again it is not for you. However, if you like the idea of finding out about new restaurants and exploring the town and countryside whilst saving cash it a definite must. Finally if you do join I would try and find a promo code as it saves you a bit of cash on the membership fee… Read Full Review

Severs's Response to nottsfoodie's Review

Written on: 01/09/2007

Glad to hear your experience. I've just phoned 5 restaurants at random, and only two offered 'two meals for the price of one', and that was Monday to Thursday only. Others offered 25 percent off, but only 2 of the restaurants offered discounts of any kind over the weekends. Trying to fit in with the Gourmet Society card could be quite complicated.

“They also infer that you visit a restaurant as normal...”

Written on: 24/04/2007 by sad member (1 review written)

They also infer that you visit a restaurant as normal and then present the card when requesting the bill. In fact, you have to mention your membership at the time of booking. And there is also confusion as to how many people can be in your party. Although we were a party of four and ordered four main courses, we only got a discount of one main course in total… Read Full Review

Nottsfoodie's Response to sad member's Review

Written on: 11/06/2007

I have had a Gourmet Society membership for a good few years, and I have honestly found it to be great. All of the restaurants allow members to use their cards once, twice, three times or unlimited times. When I first joined, Wagamama in Nottingham allowed you to use it unlimited times, but at some point in my second year this stopped. I too was a bit saddened, but then I thought, does it really matter that much, as there are 500 odd other restaurants to use? Also, on the couple of times I have spoken to the Gourmet Society people, they have been very friendly and helpful.

Foodfreak's Response to sad member's Review

Written on: 16/04/2008

I see what you re saying, but from the website, it looks like there's about a 1000 restaurants on the Gourmet Societys books. Im not really too upset if I can only go to one restaurant 3 times when theres that many! I've just bought the Gourmet Society card and I've already saved the cost of the card by using it just a couple of times.
I usually ring up and ask the restaurant manager to clarify which Gourmet Society offer it uses when making a reservation. That way theres no embarrassment when I get the bill.
If want a card that saves you money when you go out for a meal, then the Gourmet Society is for you. If you want to have a free 3 course meal and drinks every time you go out, then I think you're missing the point of the card.

Severs's Response to sad member's Review

Written on: 01/09/2007

I found this review about the Gourmet Society helpful.