Renault Megane 1.9dci Privelege Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Renault Megane 1.9dci Privelege - Ask a question now

“Renault Megane 1.9dci Privelege has a good engine,...”

Written on: 25/02/2009

Renault Megane 1.9dci Privelege has a good engine, with a reliable fiability and good binary and power. It 's not very expensive of consumption and maintenance. Good car, with many space to four persons, and a lot of equipment. The engine of 1.9 DCI is good, and the 2.0L DCI is fabulous… Read Full Review

“Ok in my eyes this Renault Megane 1.9dci Privelege has...”

Written on: 07/01/2009 by Matnchuckie (1 review written)

Ok in my eyes this Renault Megane 1.9dci Privelege has been really good to me and my family i took it for its MOT early december and it passed with no problems at all. I have owned this car now for 8 months and havnt done anything mechanicly to the car and it still passed!. in my view everyone should have one!… Read Full Review

“The Renault Megane 1.9dci Privilege is by far the...”

Written on: 08/05/2007 by missellie3696 (1 review written)

The Renault Megane 1.9dci Privilege is by far the worst car I have ever owned, and I can honestly say that I will never buy another Renault. I have owned this car for only 14 months and have already paid out a grand total of £3,400 in repairs and parts. The car was fine for the first 6 months and then I took it to the garage as I thought the clutch needed replacing (couple of hundred pounds....maybe). 10 days later and the car was returned to me with a new clutch, new starter motor, new gear… Read Full Review

“I got this as a company car in Feb 2004. After 6...”

Written on: 07/06/2005 by declandempsey (1 review written)

I got this as a company car in Feb 2004. After 6 months the hands free door lock system developed intermittent problems. The dealers seem to have trouble in sorting this. The power steering failed in December. Renault had to replace the steering column. While the car was in their garage, I asked them to sort a problem with the N/S front door lock. They fixed that but managed to create faults in the other 3 doors.

In February (2005) the engine started loosing power. It seems like the Turbo is… Read Full Review

Xileno's Response to declandempsey's Review

Written on: 02/08/2005

Sounds like the EGR valve to me.

291491_Axe In The Boot's Response to declandempsey's Review

Written on: 02/06/2007

I had a similar problem with my 1.9 TDI Diesel Passat Estate. Very sluggish acceleration etc. It turns out it was the air flow meter. Whatever that is...anyway £150 later and it was a rocket ship! Get them to look into this at your Renault Dealer. Good Luck!

Declandempsey's Response to declandempsey's Review

Written on: 10/08/2005

The source of the problem has been found. The leasing company fit telematics systems to all their cars, so they can remotely check your mileage. When this was disconnected, the car ran fine.