Jenoptik JD 350 video Reviews

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

Summary

0.35 Megapixel
Compact

Small memory.
Expensive.
Wasted my cash just sits in a draw hardly ever used… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“3 years ago I changed from windows 98 to XP. I...”

Written on: 06/11/2005 by Graham Mort (1 review written)

3 years ago I changed from windows 98 to XP. I couldn't get drivers from Jenoptik or anyone else for my Jenoptik JD 250 video digital camera, so I put the camera away in a cupboard.

I have just found the camera again, so I thought I would try and download some drivers for XP. Guess what? Still no drivers!

When I went to put batteries in the camera, the battery lid clip broke. This seems to be a common fault, and the camera keeps switching itself off after 60 seconds… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“battery compartment catch on the Jenoptik JD350 video...”

Written on: 04/09/2003 by MADMAL (1 review written)

battery compartment catch on the Jenoptik JD350 video broke after 3 months of hardly using it seems all cameras jd350 have same problems,bought it off QVC sky tv,never again,battery life 10 pictures copper top ones £3 for 4 20 pics for £3 cheeper to buy a film and pay for developing,picture quality bad if you get any,no xp drivers twain,waste of money would never buy jenoptik products again or buy off QVC again,
MADMAL… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“I purchased a JD4100z3 Jenoptik camera from Harvey...”

Written on: 01/02/2003 by Unhappy Jenoptik User. (1 review written)

I purchased a JD4100z3 Jenoptik camera from Harvey Norman in Browns Plains, Qld, Australia. This camera has a 2 year replacement warranty. When taken from the original packaging the camera was coming apart at the seams. When returned to the store it was snapped back together and handed back to me. I made enquires regarding purchasing an ac adpator and this could not be supplied in Australia. 11 months later the casing of the camera has broken away around the battery door. On returning the… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“The Camera is small and the batteries last long...”

Written on: 18/12/2002 by Gav. (1 review written)

The Camera is small and the batteries last long (probably because it doesn't work half the time)althought the mode and select buttons are simple to use there functions are also simple. I bought the camera as a cheap and cheerful thing just to play with, I wish I had just spent more money and had something decent. As for Jenoptik's support, hmmmmmm… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“Since I upgraded my PC to XP Pro, it's impossible to...”

Written on: 13/12/2002 by petros. (1 review written)

Since I upgraded my PC to XP Pro, it's impossible to download pictures; the PC CRASHES every time. No support from the Company… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“The Jenoptik jd350 video is not the best digital...”

Written on: 27/08/2002 by The happy Hippy. (1 review written)

The Jenoptik jd350 video is not the best digital camera in the world but it's cheap and convenient to slip in a pocket.

Unfortunately, after a year, it looks like a wreck; held together with masking tape.

The rubber strip covering the USB socket etc never stayed in place, and now the lugs holding the battery cover shut have snapped off.

I've also had problems with some rechargeable batteries causing the camera to lock-up at turn on, and the battery level display has never read 100% even… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“Yes, I bought this Jenoptik jd350 digital camera...”

Written on: 26/08/2002 by Sean Craddock. (1 review written)

Yes, I bought this Jenoptik jd350 digital camera barely used from a friend for £40.. thinking I got a bargain. I was very disappointed to find this camera is atrocious.
The main problem now is the battery compartment. Its shoddy build quality has resulted in it no longer staying shut properly. The only way to use it without it disconnecting the supply is to tape the battery door in place and then press on it hard as you take a photo.
The camera itself has tech faults also.. a tendency to decide… Read Full Review

40579_Mo.'s Response to Sean Craddock.'s Review

Written on: 30/09/2002

Correct in every detail.
<br>Could have mentioned the unhelpful technical backup (even when talking to them direct).

Andyjo's Response to Sean Craddock.'s Review

Written on: 11/04/2004

HI MY NAME IS ANDY IV GOT A JENOPTIK DIGITAL CAMERA 3IN1 BUT I CANT GET IT TO DOWNLOAD THE PHOTOS TO MY DSC CAN ANYONE HELP ITS THE FIRST TIME IV USED IT THANKU ANDY

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“What do people expect ? I bought a Jenoptik 350 for my...”

Written on: 09/08/2002 by Peds. (1 review written)

What do people expect ? I bought a Jenoptik 350 for my children, a cheap digial camera for < £70 and this was 18 mnths ago. If you buy a digital camera this cheap, with an advertised resolution of 640 x 480 what sort of quality do you expect ?
The pictures my nine year old takes are fine, the camera is so small it is easliy carried anywhere, I myself used it at a party and took 24 x decent quality shots indoors and was not embarassed to show these to colleagues and friends.
yes it has some deficiencies but it is after all a very basic bottom of the rangeRead Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“I bought a Jenoptik jd350 video digital camera. The...”

Written on: 31/07/2002 by Mike. (1 review written)

I bought a Jenoptik jd350 video digital camera. The picture is awful, battery life is poor, webcam quality is very bad indeed and the battery compartment doesn't close properly anymore.

In all it's a waste of money and I will be throwing mine in the bin!… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“I feel that I have been conned once again with this...”

Written on: 05/06/2002 by lyn. (1 review written)

I feel that I have been conned once again with this jenoptik jd350 video digital camera. I was so pleased at my purchase which I bought from the tv programme qvc, but I have had so many problems with it. It does not allow me to open the camera sometimes, telling me that the port is not available. Then for some reason it comes up okay. I will be purchasing another camera but will go to a reputable shop and take correct advise… Read Full Review

27486_Caroline.'s Response to 26568_lyn.'s Review

Written on: 12/06/2002

I totally agree with you. My son had this camera for christmas, and he to has had nothing but trouble trying to get the camera to work on his pc with the usb cable. All i can say is what a load of rubbish.

29394_Beefy.'s Response to 26568_lyn.'s Review

Written on: 26/06/2002

I bought a Jenoptik jd350 late last year from Ebay...
<br>Up to now the camera has worked first time every time. the only problem I can find with it is that the object veiwed through the veiwfinder isnt always on target when a picture is taken, I usually end up with heads or feet missing.....I found the best paint program to use with this camera is Adobe photoshop...It works every time !!
<br>You mentioned about battery life..I would rather buy 2 AA batteries for £1.50 than pay £6.50 for a CR123 which most of the other digital cameras use....I give this camera 8/10

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“I bought my first Jenoptik jd350 video digital camera...”

Written on: 14/04/2002 by Sean. (1 review written)

I bought my first Jenoptik jd350 video digital camera just before Christmas (big mistake). Out of the box though I was impressed with it's compact size. However the truth about this mini marvel was revealed to me the first time i tried to use it. The bundled software that came with the camera refused to work properly on either of my machines. One with Win98se and the other with Windows Millenium, crashing both pc's at every available opportunity. When I'd finally managed to upload my first… Read Full Review

24558_P Shires.'s Response to 19329_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 23/05/2002

I had exactly the same results with my Jenoptik 350 out of about 100 shots only 1 was, how can i put it, 'acceptable', the rest were total garbage and that was the 2nd camera the 1st 1 was returned as faulty, seems to me that all the cameras ever produced are faulty, i have since purchased a Fuji axia ix 100 and the pictures are very good (see review)

Madmal's Response to 19329_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 04/09/2003

I,VE HAD SAME PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAMERA ITS TOTAL WASTE OF TIME QVC SKY TV SHOPPING CHANNEL RUBISH,IF NO REFUND FROM JENOPTIK QVC SHOULD GIVE ONE,BATTERY COMPARTMENT PLASTIC CATCH LASTED 3 MONTHS I ONLY USED IT TWICE IN THAT TIME COS I COULD NOT AFFORD BATTERYS AT £3 FOR FOUR YOU KNOW WHOS COPPER TOPS,10 PICS A TIME

120789_Jods.'s Response to 19329_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 01/08/2003

oops - my email address (i thought it would show up) jodiealves@hotmail.com

Jods.'s Response to 19329_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 31/07/2003

Can anyone please help me - I've just got a Jenoptik 2.1 camera with my 1st ever home computer, and I can't seem to get it to work with the CD (Photosuite 4) that came with it. Please help me but explain it as simple as possible as i'm new to all this jargon??!! And I desperately want to get this to work as Ive got loads of pics of my new puppies I want to send.

Peter Rees.'s Response to 19329_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 11/05/2003

Both of these reviewers are correct - the JD350 is the poorest quality, most unreliable piece of junk I have ever had the misfortune to buy.
<br>
<br>A pinhole camera would take better quality pictures - I feel that Jenoptic should issue a recall on this product and give us a credit towards a good quality camera.
<br>
<br>Come on Jenoptic - any comments?

88652_Brian.'s Response to 19329_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 13/04/2003

Hi, Could you send me this hacked drivers for JD-350 (winXP). Thanks.
<br><br>brian.sarre@talk21.com

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“I am running xp on my system and the Jenoptik jd350...”

Written on: 12/04/2002 by tartanglory. (1 review written)

I am running xp on my system and the Jenoptik jd350 video digital camera won't work right...why? For such a good company you would think they would have sorted this out. i wish i had read these reviews sooner then i might not have bought this s**t camera-it is not worth the money… Read Full Review

29020_Ish.'s Response to 18977_tartanglory.'s Review

Written on: 23/06/2002

This is so true. The camera is GARBAGE. Don't bother. I have had this camera over two years and it has never worked properly. booooo jenoptics

Madmal's Response to 18977_tartanglory.'s Review

Written on: 04/09/2003

JENOPTIK SUCKS HOPE THEY GO BUST
<br>MAL

96909_Peter Rees.'s Response to 18977_tartanglory.'s Review

Written on: 11/05/2003

You guys are right - this camera is junk!
<br>
<br>Jenoptic should recall this and give us something that isn't s**t!

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“JENOPS**T hope I spelt it right. I bought a jenoptic...”

Written on: 08/04/2002 by Davy. (1 review written)

JENOPS**T hope I spelt it right. I bought a jenoptic 350 digital camera with video but... where's their help!!
I will never recommend these cowboys in suits again… Read Full Review

37292_Jayjay.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 11/09/2002

I am having the same problem in trying to find the drivers for it. If anybody knows out there please send it through to review centre for us all to know.

Les Amos's Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 24/01/2006

Could someone send the driver for jd350 to l.amos@btinternet.com

Psixoz's Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 19/08/2004

I'm heading around the web for searchin that damn driver for Jenoptik JD350V...
<br>I think the best performance will be someone will make this stupid driver & Sell it to that damn Jenoptik Centre... if they are in need of a drivers. I found that driver wrote C.C.Chang from grandtech semiconductor corp...
<br>I have to write it by myself. But I don't get an explanation code. Only compiled sys&dll.
<br>Contact me maybe gotta think of it.

Callymans's Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 28/05/2004

I can verify that the following procedure will get a dodgy little Jenoptik JD350 camera working on Win XP (Professional):
<br>
<br>1. get zip file here (thanks to Karma): www.angelfire.com/indie/untergrunt/jd350-xp.zip
<br>2. extract zip file to a folder
<br>3. go control panel/system/device manager/
<br>4. select device highlighted with question mark (assuming you have the camera plugged in to usb port)
<br>5. right click - update driver
<br>6. define specific location for driver as the folder you just saved the extracted zip to
<br>7. wait for finish, then restart
<br>8. do steps 3 to 6 again if required
<br>9. Open your software program and select/search for new twain device
<br>10. Enjoy!

Bali42000's Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 23/04/2004

Hi, could someone plaese send me a copy of the JD 350 driver for windows XP. Thanks
<br>bali42000@hotmail.com

152112_Dave4611's Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 19/04/2004

I HAVE HAD A JENOPTIK JD 350 FOR SOME TIME NOW AND HAVE ALWAYS FOUND IT TO BE A LOAD OF RUBBISH. ESPECIALLY when i had windows xp instaled and found i couldent get any drivers for it so i rate it as 0 out of 10.and would never buy another jenoptik again.

Whitec1's Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 30/12/2003

Wish I'd read all these reviews before buying this JD350. Would appreaciate it if someone could email me the XP driver
<br>Thanks
<br>colinwhitehead345@hotmail.com

Col's Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 21/08/2003

same prob as all pls can someone send driver's
<br>that work :) ty very greatful
<br>fester_uk_1@hotmail.com

Kath's Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 13/08/2003

hey can you send me the driver thing? am not very good with computers and i want to geet my camera working. so anybody please??? help me????
<br>Kath_ball@hotmail.com

Dillinger.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 23/07/2003

same problems, no result! can anyone send me the installationinstructions pls?
<br>greetings
<br>ghostrider101@gmx.net

117302_Robbo.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 20/07/2003

Hi Swaggers,could you please e-mail me drivers for JD350 XP,CHEERS gag_r_1955@yahoo.co.uk

117118_Menno.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 19/07/2003

Hello to all,
<br>
<br>Allthough I don't expect anything of it, I'd like to get this camera to work...
<br>I've installed every single driver I could get my mouse on, and I've gotten to the stage where I can even see the 'preview thumbs' of the pictures I've taken (in a very poor UI) when I try to import them into an editor. But when I double-click or save them, my computer decides it's time for a reboot.
<br>Does anyone have any ideas on how to get by this?

Hughyb.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 17/06/2003

Hi
<br>Could someone please send me the xp drivers too??? I need to get this thing working or it will be used for fire wood...
<br>hughyb2001@hotmail.com
<br>cheers
<br>hugh

Alex17.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 14/06/2003

hi, i searched on the net for the drivers for the jenoptik 350 digital camera for windows xp but nothing seems to work. has someone got a version that works since the drivers on the official website DONT? if so can you please send it to me because im having a lot a trouble with it. thank you
<br>alex
<br>xander_beast@hotmail.com

104791_Northerndrifter.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2003

Thanks to Komo for his / her help great stuff. However, I think we should tell the good folk that the problem which everyone seems to be experiencing is due to the Twain software.
<br>
<br>To work in XP you need to find the Twain JD350 v2.1.
<br>
<br>This is available in the Grandtech drivers.
<br>
<br>Be prepared for the XP Devise Manager to show your equipment as being Grandtech, but once the driver is installed when you seek out JD350 in Photoshop or other programme, you will find it like magic. It shows itself as JD350 v2.1.
<br>
<br>What a pity that Jenoptik cannot be bothered to supply proper documentation concerning this problem - in fact they were quite rude to me and told me that the JD350 was made before XP and while their documentation says that it is supported by 95/98 and above - they don't really mean it.
<br>
<br>I sahll not be rushing out to buy another of their products given the level of service offered.

104730_Karma.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2003

I found another driver for JD-350 in winXP...it works fine in any twain modul (in Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop or some other similar programs).You can download it from my home page:
<br>www.angelfire.com/indie/untergrunt/jd350-xp.zip
<br>and install it through win explorer (right mouse button on .inf file->install)
<br>Have a nice day!
<br>karma

Northerndrifter.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 05/06/2003

Hi Swaggers
<br>
<br>Same XP Problem as everyone else seems to be experiencing. Please - please please send me that crack or your version of the driver.
<br>My thanks .
<br>richardmillard@freeuk.com

Xwheeley Fast.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 03/06/2003

hi swaggers could you please send the jd350 xp driver to my email. ingramd574@aol.com thanks.

Karma2Burn.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 27/03/2003

Hi, Swaggers..could you send mi this hacked drivers for JD-350 (winXP)...thnx in advance
<br>karmy39@email.si

74985_-.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 23/02/2003

Swaggers plz email me and send me the cracked drivers:D
I got winxp too and i lost the floppy that came with the camera but the drivers off that or the jenoptik site don't work
h_o_o_k_a@hotmail.com

Swaggers.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 22/12/2002

I have managed to download the new zip file for the updated drivers. However there are no instructions as to how to proceed, or setup files, but after 3 hours of playing arround I have finally cracked it so that I can use it in Win XP.
If you want to know how to update contact me.

59698_Swaggers.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 22/12/2002

I haven't been able to find any drivers that work with XP either.
I have got round the problem by running removeable hard drives (one for XP the other for Windows 98) and a fixed slave drive. I keep my photos on a slave hard drive, so when I take pictures I download them using the 98 Drive, I save the pictures to the slave drive, then turn the machine off and swap back to the XP drive.
A bit cumbersome, but at least I can use the camera!
Apart from that the camera is quite good for web quality pictures.

46288_Jmt.'s Response to 18393_Davy.'s Review

Written on: 26/10/2002

I have downloaded a driver for JD-350 from www.DriverGuide.com which loads onto Windows Xp although it's for earlier windows its file name is JD3501.8 . you will find it under drivers found by members in section 2. (most of them don't work as the setup.dll file is missing).

I still can't use the camera though!

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“I see that I am not the only one who made a bad...”

Written on: 21/02/2002 by Noel. (1 review written)

I see that I am not the only one who made a bad purchase with my Jenoptik jd350 video digital camera from a company with a "good name". I wish I had read the above reports sooner! No use if you cannot get at the pictures. Vidio?… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“when i first brought the jenoptik jd350 video digital...”

Written on: 20/02/2002 by Chucky. (1 review written)

when i first brought the jenoptik jd350 video digital camera i thought 'nice my first digital camera' but after a few weeks there was the battery problem. Then i had a problem with my PC accepting the usb connection only after i found out that the port had come away from the casing inside the camera. I went to a local shop and they told me a waste of time as it would cost me more to repair than replace it. My advice-stay away from this camera it is a load of unwanted hassle and expense… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“This Jenoptik jd350 video is my first digital camera....”

Written on: 26/01/2002 by Shanghua. (1 review written)

This Jenoptik jd350 video is my first digital camera. The quality is so bad it is the worst buy in my lifetime. Also, you cannot get the support or upgrade from the manufacturer. It still has problems when I use it as a video source… Read Full Review

11892_Diane.'s Response to Shanghua.'s Review

Written on: 05/02/2002

I've just purchased my second Jenoptik digital camera. Yet again more problems. If I were you I'd sent it back, and get a refund. Most reveiws have been quite awful.

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“The real trouble with the Jenoptik jd350 video digital...”

Written on: 20/01/2002 by waldo. (1 review written)

The real trouble with the Jenoptik jd350 video digital camera is that the batteries run down after about half an hour's use and if left in the camera. I assume something is fundamentally wrong and I am returning it… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“If you use Windows XP then forget it. Drivers dont...”

Written on: 01/01/2002 by gezpar. (1 review written)

If you use Windows XP then forget it. Drivers dont seem to be available and its not on Microsoft's compatibility list. This is one Christmas present that's going back… Read Full Review

Jenoptik JD 350 video

“first camera was faulty. kept draining batteries every...”

Written on: 18/10/2001 by mark shore. (1 review written)

first camera was faulty. kept draining batteries every two days even though the camera was switched off. Replacement camera has terrible picture. everything has a green haze about it, especially flash shots, maybe unlucky. The camera comes with a two year warranty which is good to know as this might be needed. The camera has since been returned and internetcamerasdirect have said that i can upgrade to the fuji a101 which considering the price difference offers a quality product from a well… Read Full Review

Gazzabud.'s Response to 5040_mark shore.'s Review

Written on: 03/01/2002

Thanx very much i was thinking of buying one of these.I will now rethink my choice.