Mitac Mio 168 Reviews

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Mitac Mio 168 - Ask a question now

Mitac Mio 168

“I purchased this when it first appeared back in 2004,...”

Written on: 08/03/2008 by fatowl (25 reviews written)

I purchased this when it first appeared back in 2004, it as proved to be a superb bit of kit until just recently. The fixing point for the external aerial has just broken, quite annoyed considering that it has not been used with the external aerial that often. I have been able to source a new back case, which included the built in aerial which should solve my problem, will see how long this one last's. I replaced the protective case with a superb metal one, which also holds 2 SD cards and only… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Mitac Mio 168

“I bought my first Mitac Mio 168 PDA in January 2005 as...”

Written on: 12/02/2006 by Orionweigh (1 review written)

I bought my first Mitac Mio 168 PDA in January 2005 as it seemed to be a perfect combination of Satnav that could run preferred software and updatable maps, with palmtop computer for work or leisure. After four months the display locked up with a blob of water inside the screen. I started contacting Mitac to arrange repair and in the meantime bought another as the first had been so useful.
After three months use the second broke - its power connector internally while being disconnected from the… Read Full Review

Mitac Mio 168

“The Mitax Mio 168 PDA handheld is one of the best kept...”

Written on: 07/01/2006 by muckiann (4 reviews written)

The Mitax Mio 168 PDA handheld is one of the best kept GPS secrets. I found this device in 2004, and I snatched one up for $300 on Ebay.

Firstly, it's a PDA running MS Windows Mobile Pocket PC, so it has an operating system that allows you to load whatever software you want on to it. OK, big deal, but what if you bought another GPS handheld? Not too many allow you to to do this! The first thing I did was get TomTom installed, instead of the included Mio Map software. The maps go on the SD… Read Full Review

Fatowl's Response to muckiann's Review

Written on: 08/03/2008

I found this review helpful because...I did not know about the possibility of updating the GPS firmware.

Mitac Mio 168

“Bought the Mitac Mio 168 in January as my first PDA....”

Written on: 19/05/2005 by thebaldyman (3 reviews written)

Bought the Mitac Mio 168 in January as my first PDA. It came complete with mio map uk and has it's own built in gps system. It's really good. The maps are clear and the spoken directins are loud and clear too. It's easy to set up a route and it guides you there 'no problem'. The pda software 'Microsoft Pocket PC' is more than adequate for most tasks. It has crashed a few times but it doesn't take long to reboot it (30-50 seconds). In my opinion a good mid range PDA, ideal for the first timer… Read Full Review