Titan Tours Reviews

Titan Tours - Ask a question now

“southern spectacular Tour 7/9/14-23/9/14”

Written on: 25/09/2014

We have travelled previously with Archers/Cosmos on tours to USA and they were on the whole good but we thought we would book with Titan even though it was on average £7-800 dearer per person and unfortunately it wasn't as good as Archers/Cosmos. The tour coach was cramped and hot, there was only one door/toilet the air conditioning worked intermittently and we drove for very long periods with no entertainment/free wifi. The hotels ranged from reasonable to bad. Some were tatty and tired and… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/09/2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding our Southern Spectacular tour, we are very sorry and concerned to hear that your holiday did not live up to your expectations. We continuously monitor the feedback we receive for all of our tours and take action to adjust a tour as required based on our customers feedback. Whilst this tour usually generates positive feedback we will, as with all feedback we receive, take into account the points that you have raised and investigate these matters further. We would really like to discuss with you these issues that you have raised in person and would therefore be most grateful if you could contact our Customer Service department to discuss these further. Kind Regards, Titan Travel

“Germany Imperial City Tour”

Written on: 23/09/2014 by JairBarrett (1 review written)

Just returned from Titan's Imperial city tour with the opinion Titan Tiurs has lost the plot. The last time we used Titan it was excellent, great hotels, Hitlon and Intercontinenl, very professional knowledgeable tour guides and manager who had done their homework preparing for the tour, meeting places, trip emergency contact phone numbers etc. Unfortunately with this one Titan seems to have dumbed down and cut costs severely, perhaps to increase their profit margin? and ended up to be very… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/09/2014

Thank you for your review of your recent holiday with us. We are very sorry to hear that some aspects of the tour did not meet your expectations. Customer satisfaction is very important to us as such we encourage all travellers to complete a questionnaire at the end of their tour which is reviewed by our Head Office to ensure all issues which may affect a customer’s overall enjoyment of their holiday are identified. In light of these issues you have raised regarding your tour manager and some of the accommodation you experienced we would urge you to contact our customer services department so that we can discuss this matter further with you. Kind Regards, Titan Travel

“Danube Discoveries September 2014”

Written on: 21/09/2014 by Igetaround (1 review written)

I have recently returned from a wonderful cruise on the Danube on the Filia Rheni ll with Titan. It was a friendly ship, the food was excellent and the staff were very helpful. The Titan tour managers were always there to talk to you and give help and advice when asked. Hoping I will be able to go on this ship again… Read Full Review

“Danube River Cruise - 29 July 2014”

Written on: 18/09/2014 by Wrenox29 (1 review written)

I have travelled many times with Titan and have recommended them to friends with no hesitation. This short 5 day/4 night Danube cruise from Vienna to Budapest on the Filia Rheni II was unacceptable and I am still trying to get recompense from them. Apart from issues with the home-pick up and Vienna airport transfer service, the cruise was 2/3rd non-operative. Effectively, there were only 3 days of planned cruising (Wed, Thurs, Friday) but early on Thursday morning, having had a nice morning… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/09/2014

We are so sorry to hear that your holiday experience was not as you or we would have hoped on this occasion. We want all of our clients to have a great holiday and the comments you have raised have been taken very seriously. Unfortunately, very occasionally, as in this instance, a situation occurs that is outside of our control. In this case, the lock closure you have referred to was not advised to us until after you had travelled and was being updated on a ‘day by day’ basis. In such instances our cruising partners put contingency plans in place to minimise any inconvenience. We understand that you have been in contact with a Customer Service Advisor from your post and we would really like to speak with you further. As you have not left your details we urge you to call and speak with our Customer Service Manager who is fully aware of this situation will be happy to discuss the matter further and try to resolve the situation. Kind regards, Titan Travel.

Lynroo's Comment

Written on: 19/09/2014

If you provide me with a name and number for the CS Manager, I will contact them. Thank you

Written on: 22/09/2014

Our Customer Service Manage is contactable, she is aware of this case and would like to speak to you to discuss this further and resolve the situation. Kind Regards, Titan Travel.

Lynroo's Comment

Written on: 22/09/2014

As usual, no timely response fromTitan with details as requested in previous comment. I have requested this be passed to the MD - perhaps by next year she may get sight of it.

Written on: 23/09/2014

We would like to confirm that our previous response did supply the contact name and telephone number of our Customer Service Manager, however unfortunately Review Centre has edited our response so that it does not include an individual’s contact details. This previous response was submitted on the 20th September. We would request that you either go online or see our brochures for our contact number to discuss this matter further with our Customer Service Manager. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, however please be assured that we are committed to bringing this situation to a satisfactory conclusion for you. Kind Regards, Titan Travel.

“Abandoned cruise-Suite double booked”

Written on: 17/09/2014

Booked a Uniworld cruise direct with Titan a year in advance. Received confirmation of our suite number requested. Arrived at cruise boat to find suite already occupied by someone who had booked eight months in advance. Refused downgrade offered and abandoned trip and went home. Error incurred when Titan Agent incorrectly inputed wrong type of suite even though all correspondence quoted correct suite number. As a Sunday, crew had no emergency number to deal with the problem, but they did assist… Read Full Review

“Rocky Mountain High tour”

Written on: 26/08/2014

I tried to post a detailed account of my tour here, but it must have been too long and the website wouldn’t accept it. Very briefly, although my friend and I did get to see all the places we wanted to see, some of the visits were FAR too short, the knowledge and communication of the tour manager were very poor, there were too many stops at fast-food places for lunch, and the few days that were spent mostly travelling in the coach were not mentioned in the itinerary. Thank goodness there… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2014

We are sorry to hear that your holiday experience was not as either you or we would have hoped, and that you do not feel that we have adequately responded to the questions you raised in your original communications with us. Our aim is to meet or exceed the expectations of all our travellers, but on the few occasions where we fall short of this we want to make sure that we deal with clients’ issues fully and to their satisfaction. As such, we would like the opportunity of putting this right by reviewing your original correspondence so that we can provide more detailed responses to the points you raise.

In order for us to be able to link this post to your original letter, we would be grateful if you could contact us directly, which will allow us to re-open this case with a view to bringing it to a satisfactory conclusion. Our Customer Services manager is aware of your post and will look after this matter personally if you would like to get back in touch with us.

Kind regards,
Titan Travel

Janeathome's Comment

Written on: 28/08/2014

OK - I will give this another go ........ I have emailed Titan's customer services with my contact details and also a copy of my original letter. I will post details of the response from the Customer Service Manager here when I get them. Please note, however, that it isn't simply, as Titan says above, that I 'do not feel' that they responded adequately to my questions: they did NOT respond to most of them!

Janeathome's Comment

Written on: 31/08/2014

I got a phone call from Titan’s Customer Services Manager within 24 hours of my last post and it lasted around an hour.

She was marvellous! She began by apologising for the first response I had received from customer services and agreed with me that it was totally inadequate. She then went through my long letter, point-by-point and by the end of the conversation, I understood how Titan plans these tours, what is expected of a tour manager, why some things had happened as they did, and why some of the things I had complained about shouldn’t have happened at all (mainly because the tour manager was not living up to Titan’s expectations). I felt she was being very open and honest.

Now THAT is what I call good customer service!

The conversation with the customer services manager made me realise that Titan coach tours are not for me because I want far more time than they allow for visits and activities (an issue that I still think could be made clearer in their brochures). However, the conversation made me feel a lot better about the company because I now understand how they operate and because my comments were taken seriously.

So - I'm glad I can end this on a positive note.

“Maple leaf tour May 2014”

Written on: 17/08/2014 by alice1952 (1 review written)

Poorly organised. Never knew when we would stop, when we would eat. Rep had no phone for contact and had to be given one by driver. Many people on the tour were complaining too..Places we visited were appalling apart from Quebec which was the saving grace of this tour. I like other people still await an explanation or an apology 3 months later. The tour manager announced this was his first tour after being ill for 18 months. This tour was obviously beyond him and he should not have been on a… Read Full Review

Titantravel's Response to alice1952's Review

Written on: 18/08/2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent Maple Leaf Trail tour with Titan. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we are sorry to hear of your disappointment with elements of your holiday. All Titan questionnaires are reviewed by our quality team and action taken, however due to the large amount of questionnaires that we receive regrettably we are unable to provide a response to each of these. Our questionnaire does state that should you wish to receive a response then to contact our customer services department directly and we will be happy to provide a response to your comments, and we are therefore sorry to hear that you had expected a response to your questionnaire. A member of our Customer Services team will retrieve your questionnaire and be in touch to discuss this matter further with you. Kind Regards, Titan Travel.

“Orient Express - Venice & Best of Tuscany - not VIP...”

Written on: 05/07/2014

Overall the tour (Venice, Florence and Tuscany) was wonderful, busy but comprehensive, though not enough time to see Florence. He was an excellent Tour Manager. The Orient Express was beautiful, luxurious, food and service beyond reproach. Bunks more comfy than expected, train noisy and shaky, cabin TINY! The travel problems at start and finish did spoil the holiday rather, though. Our driver was only told to take us to Victoria Station, and we were not met, so we wandered the station with… Read Full Review

Skinnyliz's Comment

Written on: 15/07/2014

Sorry to be ungrateful, but after such a long wait for a very unsatisfactory reply, it was rather galling to be contacted by phone within hours of this review going live.

Apologies were given, and I was assured the delay, and lack of a more personal response, was solely because this is their busy period.

This has happened before with review sites, and leaves a bad taste in the mouth - it suggests that complaints only matter if they are visible to others. In the same way, positive reviews (which I am far more likely to post) do not usually merit a response!

For a company trading on service and reputation, not price, that is a risky strategy!

“canada/alaska may 2014”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by taffman82 (2 reviews written)

Been with titan before and it was very good,stay in good quality hotel's etc no problems.This time was different,travelled on the rocky mountaineer.First day on it for 14 hrs into Kamloops at 10 pm put in a motel and although ok not what I would expect from titan going by our previous tour,no hot food everywhere was closed,out the next day at 7am,not told the motel done a continental breakfast,so another 12 hrs on train to Vancouver,plenty of room on train and comfortable But no hot… Read Full Review

Titantravel's Response to taffman82's Review

Written on: 01/07/2014

Thank you for reviewing your recent holiday to Canada and Alaska. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with elements of your holiday aboard the Rocky Mountaineer. In light of these issues, we would be grateful if you could contact our Customer Service Team so that we can investigate this matter further. Kind Regards, Titan Travel.

Taffman82's reply to Titantravel's Comment

Written on: 01/07/2014

Have already sent three e-mails,the first and only response blamed everybody other than titan !! as you haven't responded to the last two e-mails I can't see much point in contacting you.
I have voted with my feet and booked for a future holiday to new Zealand with a rival firm
I state again not only won't I recommend titan.I will not BOOK WITH YOU AGAIN.It's easy for agents when things go right,but when things go wrong your firm TITAN blames others.
NO THANKS TITAN AN EX CUSTOMER.

Taffman82's reply to Taffman82's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2014

Titan contacted me after this review to offer £100 off for the next holiday.NO THANKS there won't be another one with titan.
The rocky train people won't compensate either,the train being three hours late was not their fault !!!! STRANGE there was no frost,leaves or bears on the track to make them crawl along at 2 mph for two hours.Another waste of time !!

“Grand designs of Portugal - Thoroughly enjoyed. ”

Written on: 26/06/2014 by Welshtraveller111 (2 reviews written)

Just returned from the Grand designs of Portugal tour, our first trip with Titan. The VIP home departure service was brilliant, very smooth and hassle free. The tour was excellent visiting lots of beautiful places with a combination of the countryside, mountains, rivers and Atlantic coast. All of the places had something special with lots of beautiful architecture around every corner. Standard of accommodation very good, all of the Pousadas were unique with excellent views. The tour… Read Full Review

Titantravel's Response to Welshtraveller111's Review

Written on: 27/06/2014

Thank you very much for your review of our Grand Designs of Portugal tour. We aim to provide our customers with the best possible customer care and service and are delighted that our tour met all your expectations. We hope to welcome you on another Titan holiday in the future. Kind Regards, Titan Travel.

“Santiago de Compostela and paradors - perfect combination”

Written on: 25/06/2014 by 76Crawford (1 review written)

This was our first experience with Titan and we were very impressed. From first pick-up at home to final return to our house, the service could not be faulted. The selection of paradors was generally excellent, guided tours in the towns included in the itinerary were most interesting and the tour manager could not have put more effort into attending to every guest's requirements. Porterage was perfectly arranged and coach travel - in terms of both vehicle and driver - of the highest standard… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

Thank you for your review of Titan, we are delighted that you enjoyed your tour with us and look forward to welcoming you on another Titan holiday in future. Kind Regards, Titan Travel.

“best ever”

Written on: 24/06/2014 by pgGardner95 (1 review written)

i have just come back from a tour in greek islands,it was out of this world.but i must say it was our tour manger GEOFFREY HUGGIN which made our trip,without him it would not had been as good[GOOD ON YOU GEOFF WE ALL LOVED YOU,WELL DONE… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/06/2014

Thank you for your feedback on our Greek Islands tour. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we are delighted that our tour met all your expectations. We have passed on your positive feedback regarding your tour manager to our tour services team to ensure this is recognised. Kind Regards, Titan Travel.

“California and the Golden West”

Written on: 15/06/2014 by JJ.Durham (1 review written)

Just back from this tour, it was a great tour, saw lots of interesting places. It is very fast paced, but we knew this before we booked having read the brochure carefully. Our Tour Manager and Driver wbs fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. Mavis's knowledge was unbelievable, she is like a Mastermind winner. Thomas was very obliging and friendly driver, felt very safe at all times. All the hotels were better than expected, with great service and cleanliness. There was a good crowd on the… Read Full Review

Titantravel's Response to JJ.Durham's Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding our California and the Golden West tour. We aim to provide our clients with the best possible customer care and service and are delighted that our tour met all your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you on your next Titan holiday.

“Rocky Mountaineer and Alaskan cruise”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by andreascott (1 review written)

Just returned from a fantastic holiday to Canada and Alaska. Our Titan tour rep was absolutely brilliant. Her knowledge of all the places we visited was just amazing. We sailed on the NCL Jewel which is the only down side. The food and service in the restaurant's was terrible. Saying that we didn't starve and the places that we visited far outweighed the negatives. The hotels were all brilliant and very well placed for sightseeing. We went on Gold Leaf on the Rocky Mountaineer and it was worth… Read Full Review

Titantravel's Response to andreascott's Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

Thank you for your review on our Rocky Mountaineer and Alaskan Cruise, we are delighted to hear that you had a great holiday with us. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we have therefore passed your feedback regarding your driver and the restaurants on the NCL Jewel to our customer services team to take into consideration. Thanks again for your positive review and we look forward to welcoming you on your next Titan holiday.

“Terra magica cruise”

Written on: 08/06/2014 by Coyne72 (1 review written)

I have just returned from this holiday, and this would have rated as one of my best holidays had it not been for the fact that I broke my arm as a result of falling down stairs two weeks before departure, Having checked with Titan that I could travel, and got the ok I decided to go.Although not impressed with the hotel prior to boarding the Amalia for the cruise, once aboard the crew could not do enough for me even cutting up my food I developed really bad back pain as a result of my fall the… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/06/2014

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your Terra Magica cruising holiday with us. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we are delighted that our cruise met all your expectations. With regards to your hotel prior to boarding, we will pass this feedback onto our customer services department and, as with all feedback we receive, take this into consideration for our future tours. We look forward to welcoming you on your next Titan holiday.

“Flavour of the National Parks”

Written on: 31/05/2014 by JOANDCRAIG (1 review written)

Based on the assumption that someone from Titan's tour planning department has actually approved the schedule of the Awesome National Parks Tour, I would like to add some observations. It is maybe time to consider the ' less is more 'school of thought. Although understandable that Titan would wish to include as many national parks as possible, the reality is that trying too hard to achieve everything actually achieves little. Perhaps better to spend quality time at five or six parks than… Read Full Review

Titantravel's Response to JOANDCRAIG's Review

Written on: 02/06/2014

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with this tour itinerary. We understand that this tour is fast-paced with a lot of miles to cover and therefore our brochure describes a typical day as involving an early start to early evening so that our customers are aware of this. However, as with all feedback we receive, we will take into consideration your findings and pass these onto our product development team so that these issues can be considered for our future tours. Customer satisfaction is very important to us and we aim to ensure that all our travelers have the chance to feedback their detailed comments to us, which allows us to continually improve the experience we offer. If you should wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact our customer services department.

Suecooper's Response to JOANDCRAIG's Review

Written on: 13/07/2014

We made similar comments to Titan over 4 years ago and NOTHING has changed, afraid it's like banging your head against a brick wall.

“Awe –Inspiring National Parks – TITAN Travel ”

Written on: 29/05/2014 by Alanjanet (1 review written)

Just finished a trip with Titan Tours – my advise to anyone contemplating this trip is DON’T unless you love riding in a bus for up to 10 hours a day and making regular visits to fast food outlets adjacent to garages. It was called the “Awe-Inspiring national Parks” it should have been called the marathon bus trip with photo stops. It was a nightmare the planner of this tour should try it for himself or herself and in addition get a tour guide who could do the job properly. Previous… Read Full Review

Titantravel's Response to Alanjanet's Review

Written on: 30/05/2014

Thank you for your feedback and we are very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your holiday. Whilst we state in our brochure that this tour is fast-paced with a lot of miles to cover, as with all feedback received, we will take into consideration your findings and consider these for future tours. Concerning your delayed flight home from Phoenix, as I am sure you will understand, such situations do occasionally occur and these are outside of our control but we will always do our utmost to assist and liaise with the airline concerned. In this case, all clients were advised to go to the airport with the Tour Manager and, of those who decided to do so, all had complimentary accommodation arranged overnight by British Airways at the 4* Arizona Grand Resort, with sustenance provided. This is standard operating procedure in unfortunate situations such as this. These arrangements had been made by British Airways for all clients on your tour. We are sorry that you were unable to accept this offer and arranged your own accommodation. Should you wish to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact our customer services department and we will do our utmost to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion.

Titanmess's reply to Titantravel's Comment

Written on: 30/05/2014

I note TITAN have 4 lines of comment about the tour and 13 lines about the late flight. i.e a distraction from the main issue.

But with respect to the lack of help due to the late flight Titan fail to note that those using the British Airways option of Hotel were taken to the airport at 4pm on the due departure day -waited at the airport for transfer to the hotel then were taken back to the airport at 11am the next morning for an 8 wait for the flight ( wow what service) Those who opted to stay at the 4 star host hotel enjoyed another day in Scottsdale and arrived for flight home 3hours before departure. Titan could have arranged this but chose to dump us all on British Airways . Not customer care i think.

As noted before don't use TITAN

“VIP service, be warned”

Written on: 30/03/2014 by DashawnChavez (1 review written)

After a fantastic holiday in Vietnam, we arrived back in Gatwick and looked forward to our final journey home. For the first time ever, we got an outside taxi to do this leg of the journey. My heart fell when I saw the taxi and I prayed our neighbours did not see us return this time, it definitely was not of the expected titan standard. The driver did stop to get petrol,and himself a drink and sweets, but we were not offered any break even though it was 5+ hours journey. We have contacted… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/04/2014

Thank you for you feedback, we are delighted to hear you had a fantastic holiday and are sorry to hear of your experience with regards to your VIP journey home. During busy periods we do contract out to fully vetted third party suppliers to conduct a number of our VIP journeys. We take any negative feedback against a supplier very seriously and in light of the issues you have raised will be investigating this matter further to ensure that our services meet the high standards our clients expect. If you should have any further queries regarding this please do not hesitate to contact our customer services department.

“Totally Inadequate Compensation When Things Go Badly Wrong”

Written on: 07/03/2014 by daw123 (1 review written)

A couple of days before we were due to board the Victoria Sophia cruise boat on 'A Mighty Yangtze River and Best of China' tour we were informed by the Titan rep that the boat captain had sailed the boat into a lock gate, damaging the propeller/rudder. Instead of a leisurely seven day cruise down the Yangtze from Chongqing to Shanghai, we wasted a day in Chongqing, boarded a different boat for a three night cruise only as far as the Three Gorges, then had a horrendous three day journey to… Read Full Review

Titantravel's Response to daw123's Review

Written on: 14/03/2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you remain dissatisfied with this matter. Although we aim to provide the best holiday possible for all of our valued clients, regrettably on occasion a situation will occur which is outside of our control. We understand that you have been in continuous communication with Titan Customer Service to try to bring this matter to a satisfactory conclusion. Should you wish to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate in contacting us again. Kind Regards, Titan Travel.

Daw123's reply to Titantravel's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2014

I have written to you privately on several occasions regarding the unacceptable level of compensation (6.5% of the cost of a holiday that was ruined, the second half of which was nothing like as advertised). On each occasion you have categorically stated that you will not increase the amount of compensation, therefore writing to you again privately is pointless. If, however, you wish to redeem this situation in my eyes, and the eyes of the readership of Review Centre, as well as allay the fears of others who may be contemplating booking a holiday with Titan. I am quite prepared to continue this discussion with you in this public forum. Maybe you would like to begin by explaining to a wider readership why compensation of £210 for a ruined holiday costing £3245 is adequate, and whether you will increase the compensation, and if so, by how much.

Titantravel's reply to Daw123's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2014

Dear sir,

Further to your correspondence, I have asked my team to carry out a full review of this cruise.

I will be in touch personally once this process is complete, as we would like to resolve this matter for you.

I anticipate that the review will be complete by Friday 11th April, and I will be in touch on this date or shortly thereafter so that we can discuss next steps.

Yours sincerely,

Jackie Willis
Managing Director,
Titan Travel

“Best of Burma/Taste of Thailand. No UK Tour Manager. ”

Written on: 03/03/2014 by Amy341 (1 review written)

Lovely holiday ,great destination. Big disappointment that we only had a local guide acting as a Tour Manager throughout. He was very poor indeed and we missed so much, so if you are thinking about this holiday beware. I expected better from Titan… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/03/2014

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to read that you had a lovely holiday. Our aim is to provide the best possible holiday experience for all of our clients and we are sorry to read that you were disappointed with your Titan Tour Manager. In light of this issue you have raised we would like you to contact our customer services department so that we can look into these matters further for you. Kind Regards, Titan Travel