Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro Reviews

• Service & Support

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“Any one out there got a spare or copy of the...”

Written on: 20/02/2010

Any one out there got a spare or copy of the instruction book for the 10008
if so e/mail me please deparate to try it
harvey.g@hotmail.co.uk… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“5 years of using my Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro...”

Written on: 11/02/2009

5 years of using my Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro with at least one loaf per week, nearly always produced brilliant results. Wonderful pizza dough. Dead easy to use and reliable. I always use the white bread setting for all loaves. Overnight timer seemed to produce less good results, though still acceptable. Pan bearing wore out after 3 years - no the pan leaks and frustratingly I can't get a replacement. The paddle stopped coming out cleanly fairly quickly (replacements did the same)… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“The Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro is easy to use,...”

Written on: 23/01/2009 by astrid morgan (3 reviews written)

The Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro is easy to use, fantastic range of programmes, have owned it for around 8 years and it has never let me down. Only disasters due to "pilot error". Makes at LEAST one loaf per week plus buns sand cakes. Great steam funciton for rolls and bagels. First class machine. Don't know why people have problems with it… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“Have had the Breadman Pro for several years and it has...”

Written on: 23/01/2009 by astrid morgan (3 reviews written)

Have had the Breadman Pro for several years and it has never lwt me down. It is very versatile, easy to use and massive range of programmes inclung steam function and baking rack for bagels and rolls. After baking, you have to wait for it to cool down properly before you can make another loaf… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“The Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman is a great piece of...”

Written on: 04/01/2009 by Margaret S (1 review written)

The Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman is a great piece of equipment which I have thoroughly enjoyed using. I have used my Breadman Pro 10008 for approx 7 years with no problems at all. Instructions were very easy to follow and I have baked bread successfully at least once a week. It's a great machine. This item is no longer available so if no one else wants there - I'll give it a good home!… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“I have used my Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro for 6...”

Written on: 02/10/2008

I have used my Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro for 6 months and have been extremely pleased with the results. It is very easy to use and well consytructed.
(I had had disastrous results from a previous bread machine!)… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“Our Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro made 4 loaves a...”

Written on: 02/09/2008

Our Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro made 4 loaves a week for about 5 yrs, so it earned its keep. Odd that so many people had bad experiences with this! But it is a pity that spare parts are no longer available or ours might run another 5 years… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“The Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro makes very good...”

Written on: 23/07/2008

The Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro makes very good bread - or did until it started sticking to bread pan. once the bread started sticking to the bread pan, was unable to get a replacement - and it now leaks so can't use timer. Have to replace everything… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“This russell hobbs breadmakers is NOT worth the price...”

Written on: 06/04/2008

This russell hobbs breadmakers is NOT worth the price you pay for it. It is one of THE hardest machines to use. The instructions & troubleshooting sections are pathetic. Sometimes the buttons work and sometimes they don't. It is INCREDIBLY hard to get the machine to start making a loaf of bread immediately. Most of the time when I press start/stop it either starts madly scrolling down from 15:00 to 3:00 over and over and over again OR the timer automatically comes on and there seems to… Read Full Review

Bumpylatete's Comment

Written on: 19/08/2010

Mmmm - not sure about this report. Did the reviewer really read and follow the instructions and as a result interupted the operation of the breadmaker when the bread making process was not as intended? I guess all the other reviewers must be wrong.

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“The Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro is easy, has a...”

Written on: 03/01/2008

The Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro is easy, has a good instruction book with lots of recipes.
Produced great results when room temperature was even and cooler. Bread didn't always rise properly during very hot weather or when room temperature fluctuated due to doors or windows being opened during baking time.
Mine lasted 3 years. Overall, it gave a very good performance, and we're now looking to replace it with a new one at a good price… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“This product would probably go on making good bread...”

Written on: 25/12/2007

This product would probably go on making good bread and pizzas for many years to come if only Russell Hobbs had an adequate supply of spare parts. Frustrating!… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“I wish I knew where I can get another one. I like the...”

Written on: 29/09/2007 by Patricia French (2 reviews written)

I wish I knew where I can get another one. I like the machine that much… Read Full Review

416259_Geoff916's Response to Patricia French's Review

Written on: 08/11/2008

Patricia
<br/>
<br/>We have a Breadman Pro that we literally used once. (A French patisserie opened up in our town the week after we bought it!!)
<br/>
<br/>If you're interested in buying it, please leave a comment (The Review Centre team can then send you my e-mail address). I can list it on Ebay and would be happy to sell it with a BUY IT NOW if you prefer.
<br/>ALl the best
<br/>Geoff

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“This would be a very good machine, it makes a nice...”

Written on: 24/09/2007 by gilestq (1 review written)

This would be a very good machine, it makes a nice large loaf and also the rolls & bagel feature is useful, but it has this 1 major fault. See 'bad' points… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“I love using this brad machine. I wish I knew where I...”

Written on: 10/08/2007 by Patricia French (2 reviews written)

I love using this brad machine. I wish I knew where I could get another
one. I make bagels in mine all the time. I make bread in it too… Read Full Review

Black Ghost 7's Response to Patricia French's Review

Written on: 03/07/2008

Trying to find a good British breadmix for my AFK breadmaker, not too wet or like the poor breads you buy in supermarket and unfortunately even bakeries. What would you recommend?

Astrid Morgan's Response to Patricia French's Review

Written on: 23/01/2009

Black ghost: Try the range of Wrights bread mixes. They turn out fine in the Breadman

☆☆☆☆☆
Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“STOP!!! Read this! We were given a 'Russell Hobbs...”

Written on: 25/11/2005 by Fab2 (1 review written)

STOP!!! Read this! We were given a 'Russell Hobbs Breadman Pro - Healthy Options' as a Christmas present from our parents.
The very first time we used it we noticed a big problem. The baking tin sits on a cam which turns the kneading arm. The tin is kept in position by two spring clips. When the dough is being kneaded slowly everything is fine but when the dough is being kneaded quickly problems arise.

The weight of the ball of dough tends to knock the tin around a lot. The spring clips which… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“We have had some very good loaves but yesterday our...”

Written on: 31/10/2005 by Gary Wilson (1 review written)

We have had some very good loaves but yesterday our Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro died just beyond its years warranty which has left a sour taste indeed… Read Full Review

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“After exactly one year of owning the Russell Hobbs...”

Written on: 05/03/2005 by correlejco (1 review written)

After exactly one year of owning the Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro, one tiny bearing at the bottom of the baking tin needed replacement. Not available as a spare part - but the baking tin is - at only £55 + VAT + carriage. So you spend £80 every year to keep a £90 appliance going? - I don't think so.
This is a throw-away item. It's designed to last a year and they've got it spot-on. Well done, Russell Hobbs - but you're not selling me another one!… Read Full Review

Bambie's Response to correlejco's Review

Written on: 01/07/2005

I think a lot of company's assume people know that we live in the throw away age.
<br>So many new variations of items come on the market year after year and some people like to keep up with the latest piece of equipment. I believe we should be told the average time an item should last and I also believe that the item should be guaranteed for that same length of time

Webbllangarron's Response to correlejco's Review

Written on: 28/08/2008

Yep, me too, joining the ranks of those having to throw the machine away for want of a spare loaf pan. Spindle seals worn out, just like everyone else. I shan't be buying another Russell Hobbs either, but going to the Panasonic which I originally wanted but which was unavailable due to demand 6 years ago!

Johnt55's Response to correlejco's Review

Written on: 22/02/2008

I've had a similar experience. The metal spindle holding the paddle has worn away so that when making bread it gets contaminated with ground up black rubber. I haven't been able to find a spare replacement.

Carlypatters's Response to correlejco's Review

Written on: 13/02/2008

Amazing how experiences differ isn't it? We bought our Breadman Pro at the end of 2002 and it's still going strong - just the non-stick surface beginning to stick after, say, 600 or so loaves. It makes wonderful bread and was our third breadmaker purchase, neither of the previous two having lasted a year. There yer go!

305458_Bonski's Response to correlejco's Review

Written on: 18/08/2007

Having sung the praises of my Breadman to all and sundry I am now having to back track as it recently had to be put out of service due to a disintegrated paddle bearing. Russell Hobbs spares department curtly informed me it was now obsolete and I would have to buy a new breadmaker. I can assure you it will not be a Russell Hobbs breadmaker or any other Russell Hobbs item. I thought we were supposed to be recycling and reusing our electrical goods!

Prdorrell's Response to correlejco's Review

Written on: 11/02/2006

Our BreadmanPro seams to have the same problem ... the bearing for the mixer paddle is very stiff and the loaf isn't getting mixed properly. So it's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this type of problem.

Mrs R M Bond's Response to correlejco's Review

Written on: 21/09/2005

I agree that trying to get a spare part is hopeless. I wouldn't have bought it had I known. The part I want is so easy to replace, even my grandchildren could do it.

210390_Kponey's Response to correlejco's Review

Written on: 16/09/2005

I totally agree with this review, the same thing happened to us and also the plastic bread paddle became looser and looser as the plastic started to wear away, in the end it just wouldn't mix at all. So we ended up with 3.5 hours of squeaky ball-bearings for a flat, unmixed loaf! Russell Hobbs are absolute robbers for not supplying spares at a good price - Morphy Richards have got this bang on and i've just bought one of their breadmakers as I refuse to give Russell Hobbs any more money.

Russell Hobbs 10008 Breadman Pro

“Russell Hobbs bakes a truly wonderful sized loaf -...”

Written on: 10/08/2004 by Mrs J E Bennett (1 review written)

Russell Hobbs bakes a truly wonderful sized loaf - easy to use and the racks are very good for doing something different by baking rolls bagels etc. Maybe a bit bigger than some models but then I never put it away now as there are so many varities of flour and recipies to use! I shopped around a found it for a bargain price… Read Full Review