Laney R4 Combo Reviews

• Appearance

Laney R4 Combo - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Laney R4 Combo

Laney R4 Combo

“Very happy. Bought the Laney R4 Combo second hand and,...”

Written on: 24/05/2008 by KevL (1 review written)

Very happy. Bought the Laney R4 Combo second hand and, other than a noisy gain pot - easily fixed - no problems. Have never used the external speaker facility but have heard (from others) it really fills the room. I suppose tho' that depends on the size of the room. Use an inexpensive Wesley Monarch bass through it and it makes it sound like a very expensive guitar - which is good because, for a hundred quid or so I got lucky and got a guitar I love to play! What more could you ask? I'd… Read Full Review

Laney R4 Combo

“It is not 300 watts! Only when you stack it on a cab...”

Written on: 31/10/2006 by Scott Williams (1 review written)

It is not 300 watts! Only when you stack it on a cab will it go that high, and then it overheats and cuts out even quicker!!

If you play at about a level 3 all night it may well be OK, but it's unforgivable to fail at 5 and above.

MR.Laney, the R4 Combo amp should cope with volume on 8 ALL NIGHT... PERIOD.

The kick grill is very good...trust me!… Read Full Review

Laney R4 Combo

“I love this Laney R4 Combo amp. For me, it's been...”

Written on: 17/05/2006 by SwiftBassLine (1 review written)

I love this Laney R4 Combo amp. For me, it's been great. I just started to play in a band,
T-U-K, and although I played guitar a few years ago, I never had a bass lesson in my life. We just started gigging, (look us up in Hampshire) so naturally I needed something more substantial behind me. I recommend any bass player in a similar situation to check out the Laney range. They are one of the biggest and reliable names around and I've found the general quality really good.

This amp is the only… Read Full Review

Laney R4 Combo

“I am generally using an evil active Peavey Fury six...”

Written on: 17/03/2006 by bassfuryvi (1 review written)

I am generally using an evil active Peavey Fury six stringer alongside a Mode Four Marshall Guitarist in my band First Element, so the Laney R4 combo is loud enough at 300 Watts. However, I am thinking that a passive bass may be more favourable to this amp, as the Peavey just seems to overcrank it. For the price now it IS very good, and has only overheated once (but in fairness it was running a 3 ohm 450 watt cab), so it is utterly reliable, but there's just no love yet after three long years… Read Full Review

Laney R4 Combo

“Laney R4 Combo: I've been looking for a new amp after...”

Written on: 18/05/2005 by justinallsop (7 reviews written)

Laney R4 Combo: I've been looking for a new amp after the old (20 years) Laney packed in at work. It only gave 80 watts, and so the search started. Price ceiling was £400. Looked all over the net for a big sound amp for gigs of 200-400 people, and the same couple of names turned up Hartke and Laney. Hartke were knocked out in the first round cos the prices started at £350 just for the cab, and another £450 plus for a good amp. That left the Laney. After a long search I was left with the R4 and… Read Full Review

Swiftbassline's Response to justinallsop's Review

Written on: 17/05/2006

People looking to buy an R4 should shop around. I eventually got mine for £260. Prices seem random at best. Make sure you get the best deal.