Daisy Powerline 22x Reviews

Daisy Powerline 22x - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Daisy Powerline 22x

Daisy Powerline 22x
Daisy Powerline 22x

“Daisy pellets of any sort are garbage and will ruin...”

Written on: 11/06/2013

I've purchased 4 packages of pellets which ranged from .177 to .22 and all had issues. I called customer service AND HR at Daisy and they told me the problems were from using Crossman and the Benjamin line. This comes from some female pencil pushers. She told me that if i mail the pellets back, they will issue new ones. I asked what could be done with the critically damaged air rifle that was $200.00 . She said I need to talk to Crossman about that. I responded, " your $3.99 pellets that were… Read Full Review

“Had a daisy 22 powerline like this for 25 years now,...”

Written on: 09/11/2009

Had a daisy 22 powerline like this for 25 years now, and it is still my favorite gun to shoot even though I have real powder guns. Uncanny accurate -- most accurate gun I ever shot. I love putting 5 matchsticks wedged into my deck posts at about 25 feet and taking them all 5 out in a row first shot every time with iron sights! For once I found a gun that shoots more accurate than I can. I would never think of selling it. It's been a perfect gun for 25 years and many thousands of rounds --… Read Full Review

“The Daisy Powerline 22x is a great squirrel gun”

Written on: 07/07/2009

The Daisy Powerline 22x is a great squirrel gun… Read Full Review

“The gun is so light its easy to handle in the field...”

Written on: 04/01/2009

The gun is so light its easy to handle in the field under 5 1/2 lbs with upgrade 3x9x40 scope. mag springer with scope 7 1/2-10 lbs to heavy for field ok for bench shooting. open sights work great 25 yards 1-1 1-2 inch groups. i put a other set of scope mounts on high profile grooved out the bottom so i could use both open sights an scope. vel 510-585 with differt pellets.unless you do something dumb the platic handle&breech lever won't breake. this is for plicking targets and small game… Read Full Review

“Got my Daisy Powerline 22x on the cheap at a local...”

Written on: 03/01/2008 by ted3929 (37 reviews written)

Got my Daisy Powerline 22x on the cheap at a local unclaimed freight company when the receiving company couldn't foot the shipping bill. Definitely worth the $60 I paid.

Wood stock is a nice touch and much better than the blow molded plastic. Of note, Daisy didn't tighten done the stock at the factory and I had to remove the butt plate to get to the internal bolt to tighten it down.

My last pump rifle was a Benjamin/Sheridan/Crosman that was nice but anything past 4 pumps required a call to… Read Full Review

“over all great gun for comp”

Written on: 26/12/2007

over all great gun for comp… Read Full Review

“Next best thing to a non-FAC pellet rifle. Power of...”

Written on: 16/12/2007 by ajvenom (18 reviews written)

Next best thing to a non-FAC pellet rifle. Power of springer and accuracy and smoothness of a pcp. Only thing better may be a gas charged springer or pcp, but for the money a great one for hunting and plinking it's ok. As for accuracy about as good as my Crosman 2100b and some 10 meter 3 round groupings from 1 to 4mm c-t-c. Awesome for a .22, but only seems to like H&N Barracuda Match 21.14gr extra heavy… Read Full Review

“A good package especialy considering the price. This...”

Written on: 09/12/2007 by Bella0000 (11 reviews written)

A good package especialy considering the price. This rifle is enjoyable for an adult or youth. I have not had any problems but a metal bolt and lever would round out the rifle well, even if it cost a little more… Read Full Review

“My rifle is the deluxe 22 cal. model with the 4x32...”

Written on: 21/09/2007 by James Butler (18 reviews written)

My rifle is the deluxe 22 cal. model with the 4x32 scope and real wood stock and forearm. For a selling price of under a $100.00 and made in the USA I think it's a good value. My example shots where it's aimed with Crosman Premiers and Gamo Promagnums. Average velocity of these rounds as measured by my master chrony was 535 ftps. These pellets weight around 14 grams and will out to 50-75 ft. taking rats of all types with real efficiency. On the times where a little more power is needed 12… Read Full Review

“I have no idea how this guns accuracy is with its...”

Written on: 04/09/2007 by danflex (27 reviews written)

I have no idea how this guns accuracy is with its trueglow fiber optic sights.
I had an inexpensive $25 Gamo 4x30 scope. I put it on when I brought the gun home and I can say that with it, it shoots 1" to 1 1/2" groups at 20 yards with 5 or more pumps.
I bought this multi pump for the colder months coming when the co2 powered guns I have will fail. At 22 cal. 550 fps is fine and it's fun handling a 4.5 lb 37.6 inch gun.
Compared to other $60 rifles it's hard to beat… Read Full Review

“My son and I have both hit several squirrels with this...”

Written on: 20/08/2007 by joey5214 (1 review written)

My son and I have both hit several squirrels with this air rifle. This air rifle is our most dependable air rifle. We have tried other air rifles from Gamo, but they are not quite as well made, or accurate as this air rifle. Keep up the good work Daisy!… Read Full Review

“I bought this gun to use for plinking / close range...”

Written on: 01/04/2007 by JohnnyRed (2 reviews written)

I bought this gun to use for plinking / close range pest control, and it's great for both. I have the 22x without a scope. The wooden stock and forearm are nice touches, they give the gun a quality feel, and it handles nicely. The gun is a solid shooter and surprisingly quiet. It's a low end .22 that I got for $75 so for the price the sleeved barrel and plastic pumping lever are understandable… Read Full Review

“I purchased the Daisy Powerline .22 SG a few months...”

Written on: 01/07/2006 by thepaladin (49 reviews written)

I purchased the Daisy Powerline .22 SG a few months ago and I'm highly pleased with it. It's one of several airguns I shoot. This rifle with the scope that comes with it lays it's pellets where you aim. There isn't a lot more to say. I've had no trouble with it producing hitting power as advertised and with the .22 pellet it has plenty of knock down power. I think we can say as far as pest birds, rats, mice, ground squirrels, and bushy tail squirrels this is the ticket.

My only complaint about… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/08/2007

Considering buying a Daisy 22SX or a Benjamin 22? Any feelings?

Thepaladin's Response to thepaladin's Review

Written on: 13/12/2007

No, I still shoot mine, and the bolt is still holding up... Plastic, and I constantly feel like it's going to pop, but it keeps on trucking.

Written on: 09/12/2007

Hello, I have the same opinion regarding the 22SG. I have not had any problems with the plastic bolt/slide but wondering if some type of lube might be good. Have you tried any on yours?

Written on: 06/12/2007

Thank you for the input. I have recently purchased a Daisy 22SG. I have been pleased with it and plan to do a reveiw soon. I enjoy firearms and never thought I would enjoy airguns so much. I have several and can't seem to get enough.

Ajvenom's Response to thepaladin's Review

Written on: 30/11/2007

I would say the Benjamin runs more power....probably 13 to 14 ft/lbs vs perhaps 10-11 ft/lbs of the Daisy. In the UK they've been using near 12 ft/lbs on rabbits and other small vermin. If you like to do a lot of target shooting or plinking the Daisy is nice because it is a single pump vs the Benjamin's eight pumps for full power. The Benjamin now offers a rearward sitting scope mount, yet it may cost you more if you go that direction otherwise the price is just a little more for the standard Benjamin set up. Both air rifles have a good long standing history. I just purchased a Daisy 22SG because I like the way non springers shoot yet I don't want to pump a lot of times for target work, spend time and money getting CO2 or spend a lot on a PCP. Also, I want to say Hi to Paladin...and thanks for your help in the forums.

“My friend owns the Daisy Powerline 2000 .22 22X and it...”

Written on: 12/04/2006 by shadow177hunter (11 reviews written)

My friend owns the Daisy Powerline 2000 .22 22X and it goes 800 fps (at least that what it says on the box but you really can't trust that). He let me borrow it for a while and it was fairly hard to find .22 pellets. The power will knock down small game. The wooden stock doesn't look like the best wood but makes it look nice. The trigger is so easy that you barely even now you shot it. It is really quiet for those nosy neighbors. I would say a break barrel might be a little easier but not quite… Read Full Review

Markthebum's Response to shadow177hunter's Review

Written on: 18/09/2006

The Daisy 880 which is in.177 cal is advertisied at between 675 fps to 725 fps depending on where you look. Since most companies over estimate the power of their guns, it's safe to say that it's most likely is shooting about 650fps. The .22 model which your talking about is the same powerplant only in a larger caliber. I've seen it advertised from 550fps to 625fps. So it's probably shooting about 525 fps. Definately NOT 800fps. I don't know of any pump gun in .22 cal. that shoots that fast. Even Sheridan's gun, which is about the most powerfull pump gun available only gets 800fps in .177 caliber. So I'm not sure where you saw 800fps on the box, but I can assure you that it shoots no where near those velocities.

Shadow177Hunter's Response to shadow177hunter's Review

Written on: 18/09/2006

That's what I thought too. It would seem impossible to get that to 800 fps. So I guess it's safe to say that it will go about 550fps.

“Very accurate ”

Written on: 29/03/2006 by john22sg (1 review written)

Very accurate
1/2 inch groups at twenty yrds
Powerful
Many squireels were taken
I like the wood
Much better than the plastic 880… Read Full Review

Hunt4Life32's Response to john22sg's Review

Written on: 23/09/2006

Where did you get it from and for how much?

“I got the Daisy Powerline 22SG, which is the 22X...”

Written on: 01/01/2006 by DokWatson (1 review written)

I got the Daisy Powerline 22SG, which is the 22X scoped. I replaced the 4X32 with a 3-12X40 with an AO, and after about 1500+ rounds through it I can get dime sized holes at 20 yards, and can hit paintballs 40 yards out, this is with daisy .22 flatheads. The open sights are very nice too, notched blade rear and fiber optic front makes for very accurate shooting at 15 yards.

A lot of people are turned from the rifle because of the plastic bolt and pumping arm, but let me tell you, these parts… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/01/2006

To add to my review, I grabbed a fish weighing scale to get a rough idea of the trigger pull, and its about 2.5 pounds till it fires. The trigger is fairly consistant (mine was anyways) but not perfect of course, it is very easy to get used to.

Written on: 25/06/2006

They only sell .22 flatheads out here, so I havent used very many. The beeman crow magnums and daisy flatheads grouped very well, the beeman silver jets I think they were called (pointed, sleek looking pellet), went all over the place. Thats all I've used.

Cesarf25S's Response to DokWatson's Review

Written on: 08/06/2006

What kind of pellets worked for you DOK ... your review compelled me to buy one from pyramid air...
That and also BB's good review on the gun. It looks like a winner but i tell you man, take a look at the Beeman ss1000 combo. They claim a .36 group at 10 meters. Thats not that good but it also comes with a 3-9 x 40 scope break. It is a break barrel.
I chose the daisy because i am able to choose the velocity. I don't want to shoot my rifle full power all the time. If you could give me a list from bad to worse of the pellets you have tried.
I ordered gamo match and hunters with it. I can get daisy flat nose and crosman pointed premiers locally. :)

Written on: 31/01/2006

The picture included is a group using beeman crow magnums and a 3-12X40 Barska air rifle scope on my 22SG. 15 yards prone with a couple towels to lean my forearm against.
<br>
<br>http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4448/mvc906f6iy.jpg

“I like the fact that I could pretty much take any...”

Written on: 16/12/2005 by gibbo2k5 (5 reviews written)

I like the fact that I could pretty much take any varmint out if I wanted to using the Daisy Powerline 22x. The trigger pull is a little on the heavy side, because when pulling the trigger your gun moves left or right. Accuracy is very good when you get the scope dialed in, and wad cutter pellets are the best for accuracy.

I bought my gun from WalMart for around $100, but if I could do it over I would get the GAMO SHADOW 1000… Read Full Review

Dokwatson's Response to gibbo2k5's Review

Written on: 25/06/2006

This rifle is nowhere near the power to take down anything larger than a dog, don't even think about trying it. You will only give it a severe wound. Stick to small game only, be responsible with your rifle.

Machinehead's Response to gibbo2k5's Review

Written on: 23/01/2007

I believe Daisy has a blurb about hunting with not only the 22x but the 901 as well. Well both are a hoot to shoot no doubt, but it sure is a shame that the hype is taken as fact.
<br/>
<br/>We who have been shooting a while (ahem) know better than to trust this type of blather.
<br/>Unfortunately, it is the young gunners these days that are causing all the trouble.

Machinehead's Response to gibbo2k5's Review

Written on: 20/01/2007

Another review by another idiot. Tsk Tsk.

12Packofdew's Response to gibbo2k5's Review

Written on: 04/11/2006

The Daisy Powerline 22x IS powerful enough to kill a squirrel or a rabbit. It took you forever to kill a fox squirrel with a 760 because it is a .177 caliber. You should never hunt small game with a .177 because there is a chance it will pass right through the animal.
<br/>
<br/>The .22 calibers, even at lower (550) FPS can kill small game, from dove to rabbit with one shot, if you hit them in the head. And that is pretty easy with a good scope. The .22 delivers far more power than a .177.

Markthebum's Response to gibbo2k5's Review

Written on: 18/09/2006

Dokwatson is correct. This gun doesn&#039;t truly have the power to humanely hunt and kill small game. Blackbirds and small furries like chipmunks are about it. Killing larger animals is of course possible, but will most likely take several shots. To effectively hunt small game like rabbits and fox squirrels you need a gun that's rated at least 900 fps in .177 cal. or 750 fps. in .22 cal. The Daisy Powerline 22x only shoots in the 525 to 575 fps. range. Underpowered guns will often cause undue pain and suffering to critters. I recall as a kid shooting a fox squirrel with a Crossman 760. It took about 10 shots to finally kill it and bring it down. The squirrel suffered a great deal of pain as it scrambled through the branches getting hit again and again. When it was over I felt terrible, and quickly understood the importance of hunting with the right equipment.The only pump pneumatic gun that even comes close to being of sufficient power are the Sheridan/Benjiman guns. The .177 cal. gets 800fps. and the .22 gets about 625 fps. In my opinion this is still a bit underpowered. If you want to hunt with an air rifle, get a spring piston gun like a Gamo, RWS, or Beeman. These companies all offer guns that shoot at 950 to 1250 fps. in .177 cal. and 750 to 950 fps. in .22 cal. They cost a bit more, but it&#039;s worth it. Hunting small game and pests is fine, but let&#039;s do it as humanely as possible.

“I like the fact that I could pretty much take any...”

Written on: 19/04/2005 by airgunexpert (2 reviews written)

I like the fact that I could pretty much take any varmint out if I wanted to using the Daisy Powerline 22x. The trigger pull is a little on the heavy side because when pulling the trigger your gun moves left or right. Accuracy is very good when you get the scope dialed in and wad cutter pellets are the best for accuracy.
I bought my gun from WAL-MART for around $100 but if I could do it over I would get the GAMO SHADOW 1000… Read Full Review

Owlbeback's Response to airgunexpert's Review

Written on: 10/10/2005

In my opinion, this is one of the easiest to pump airguns out there. And it is fairly light for having a wood stock and fore end. A great gun for the money.

“I got the Daisy Powerline gun at Wal-Mart, it shots...”

Written on: 16/02/2005 by allen52307 (9 reviews written)

I got the Daisy Powerline gun at Wal-Mart, it shots very good, killed rats well. I have repeatedly shot cig buts from 15 feet. Great gun warranty ran out and it started bleeding off over time. With more time it got worse. I am still thinking of a new 22; don't know how it shoots indoor though. Overall good gun… Read Full Review

Hunt4Life32's Response to allen52307's Review

Written on: 02/08/2006

how much did it cost you? im thinking about getting the 177x version. please contact me asap.

Hunt4Life32's Response to allen52307's Review

Written on: 03/08/2006

thanks, yesterday i got a beeman 1026 it is supposed to shoot 550 to 960 fps, i'm still trying to find the 177x. thanks for the help.

Allen52307's Response to allen52307's Review

Written on: 03/08/2006

i paid about $60 for it back about 2001 at walmart i have since then bought a gamo silver shadow and wish i had bought it sooner. good luck on your next air rifle.

“Another stellar view for a stellar rifle... ”

Written on: 02/11/2004 by The Pick (2 reviews written)

Another stellar view for a stellar rifle...

The Daisy 22x is an accurate, powerful rifle that has plenty of knock-down power. Since it's a .22, this rifle has plenty of punch and a pretty good range. I've found that this rifle still has plenty of power at 30+ yards, and with the right pellet you can take down some of the bigger specimen of small game.

The disadvantages with this rifle are few and far between, but the one that bears mentioning is the breech. It functions perfectly and with… Read Full Review