Honda Jazz 1.4 SE Reviews

• Reliability

Honda Jazz 1.4 SE - Ask a question now

“ ”

Written on: 29/05/2010

Very disappointed with the ishift it is like someone is changing gear very badly. I have driven Honda automatic cars for years and this car when in low gears is slow slow and jerky. To late for me now but Honda go back to your ordinary automatic system… Read Full Review

“Good overall running never lets me down. Always starts...”

Written on: 20/09/2008 by howley (1 review written)

Good overall running never lets me down. Always starts first time. Good visibility. Overall excellent car. Best little car I have ever owned. No complaints. Would totally recommend… Read Full Review

“I've owned the CVT variant since 2003, now up to 50k...”

Written on: 01/01/2008 by blackwaterman (32 reviews written)

I've owned the CVT variant since 2003, now up to 50k miles of trouble-free motoring. Fuel economy is very good for an automatic of any kind… Read Full Review

“We obviously like Honda Jazz 1.4 SE, because we bought...”

Written on: 28/10/2007 by demucci (1 review written)

We obviously like Honda Jazz 1.4 SE, because we bought a second! Honda dealers really do charge high servicing prices, without justification. We have had our cars serviced independently, to the same standard at literally half Honda's charges. (N.B. Owners are not obliged to have the cars serviced at a main dealer to comply with the warranty, just so long as Honda's, in my opinion overpriced, parts are used… Read Full Review

“A great little (big car) nice looking highly recommended.”

Written on: 10/08/2007 by gooselakes11 (1 review written)

A great little (big car) nice looking highly recommended… Read Full Review

“Tested several cars before purchase - VW Polo 1.4,...”

Written on: 18/09/2005 by Allan Thomson (3 reviews written)

Tested several cars before purchase - VW Polo 1.4, Vauxhall Corsa, and the Honda Jazz 1.4 SE. No comparison, really. Now 3 years old and 30,000 miles, the Jazz has been economical (the computer says about 47 mpg), totally reliable, easy to drive, cheap to insure. Still looks like new. Servicing is a bit expensive, though, and I have my doubts about the main dealer.

We have used it to transport the entire contents of a student's flat, do a round trip from Aberdeen to Hertfordshire (about 1,100… Read Full Review

“From the outside this Honda Jazz 1.4 SE looks like a...”

Written on: 03/06/2005 by Keith the Astrophysicist (11 reviews written)

From the outside this Honda Jazz 1.4 SE looks like a slighty quirky oriental runabout but don't be fooled, the secrets are inside.

The Honda Jazz is remarkably roomy given its supermini body shell. It is unique in having the fuel tank beneath the front seats, thus liberating valuable floor space behind (and eliminating most of that under seat space where pens,loose change and sandwich crumbs hide). This enables the back seats to fold down totally flat (in a single move) with the head rests… Read Full Review

Steadyguy's Response to Keith the Astrophysicist's Review

Written on: 07/08/2009

I found this review very helpful because... very full and comprehensive view on an owners experience.

“This is similar to the Honda Jazz 1.4SE Sport, but...”

Written on: 15/05/2005 by alderny (6 reviews written)

This is similar to the Honda Jazz 1.4SE Sport, but without the alloy wheels and side airbags. The engine is identical.

This is a very good car, marred only by its overly harsh ride. Strangely, it's fine over pot holes, but on what can appear to be a smooth surface it transmits every little bump through, making it uncomfortable for anyone with a bad back. I also own a Skoda Felicia, which has a better ride.

Economy is very good, I average 49mpg (measured by the pumps, not by the slightly… Read Full Review

197749_Gbirdsal's Response to alderny's Review

Written on: 15/06/2005

As a company car owner and having done 40K miles in 18 months in a Jazz CVT, I can agree with all of the comments.
<br>It's a Tardis when used for humping a giging band's stuff about the UK.
<br>Economy can go into 60mpg area some days.
<br>Overall on long motorway runs I get 50+.
<br>Just that harsh ride!
<br>Otherwise a good car for car tax.
<br>I am to retire in the next 2 weeks, and I will buy a new or nearly new Jazz CVT, and see if it will do 100K miles!

Alderny's Response to alderny's Review

Written on: 16/08/2008

I have now sold this vehicle after 6 years of ownership from new. My main reasons for selling are:<br/><br/>1 - cost of servicing. The main agent recommended replacing the front pads AND discs after only about 40,000 miles. As my driving style is light footed and I avoid braking as much as possible, I questioned the need to replace the brake discs so soon. I was assured that my driving style had indeed helped as the average customer only gets about half that mileage out of the front discs! My total service bill with MoT was over &pound;600 last year and the dealer's estimate for the next service was about &pound;500. Not exactly an economy car!<br/><br/>2 - I couldn't stand the harsh ride any more.<br/><br/>3 - The steering's tendency to be vague in the straight ahead position was very noticeable on motorway driving. Fine around town and on winding roads though.<br/><br/>4 - only one intermittent speed on the windscreen wipers (minor point but a niggle).<br/><br/>Despite these shortcomings, the room for its size and fuel economy (50+ mpg) were very good, and it was pleasant to drive.<br/><br/>My new car is a Hyundai i30 1.4 and I must say that it is much better built and finished than the Honda. It is quieter and has a better ride and more accurate steering. The only minus points so far after 2 months of ownership is that the boot is marginally smaller, although better shaped, than that of the Jazz. Also, being 40% heavier than the Jazz the fuel consumption at about 47mpg is, as expected, slightly worse.