Zurich Life Insurance Reviews

Zurich Life Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Zurich Life Insurance

Zurich Life Insurance

“Zurich does LIE”

Written on: 07/03/2014 by oldharold (1 review written)

I purchased a whole life policy to provide an annuity in later years. I thought I was doing business with a reputable insurance company. Several years after I purchased the policy, I received a nice letter from Chase Insurance, (as in CHASE BANK), informing me that they were taking over my policy. If this were not bad enough, I then received a letter from Chase Ins. informing me that they had merged with someone called Protective Life. I guess it wasn't necessary to consult me. I received… Read Full Review

“For the Lady who lost her mother!”

Written on: 16/10/2013

How was the policy set up? Direct with Zurich or through an IFA/Broker., I have had various problems with Zurich as a company and choose not to place any business with them due to the poor customer service level. The FCA would be the next point of call if you do not receive a satisfactory outcome. The policy should pay out even if your mum died before the first premium was paid unless it is a non underwritten policy, however it doesn't sound that way as Zurich contacted your mothers GP for… Read Full Review

“They do not honour their policies after one payment!!”

Written on: 08/08/2013

When I took out the policy, I was told they honour the policy, even if only one payment had been made. My Mum died suddenly in hospital on 29 June 2013 and I had made two payments to Zurich. The cause of her death was bronchopneumonia, multiple organ failure and heart attacks x 3. Her death was not expected and before Zurich accepted the policy, they asked for and received a report from her GP. As the money was not forthcoming following notification of her death and completing all the… Read Full Review

“My wife suffered a critical illness but was not told...”

Written on: 04/04/2011

My wife suffered a critical illness but was not told by the NHS until 2.5 years later! Fortunately no problems have materialised since then. However when we claimed on her Zurich critical illness plan, the claim was processed without delay, in spite of the lateness of our claim… Read Full Review

“After my wife suffered a stroke I made a claim on the...”

Written on: 31/05/2008

After my wife suffered a stroke I made a claim on the critical injury part of our mortgage/life and critical illness cover, due to being unable to claim herself I had to apply to the court of protection to be able to manage her claim. During this time Zurich actually contacted me to see when they could pay the claim. Sadly my wife died before I was able to obtain the court of protection's ruling. I claimed then on the life insurance part of the cover and zurich paid both the critical illness… Read Full Review

Rogcay's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2008

I found this review helpful because... Finding out how likely they are to pay out is much more important than finding out how easy it is to buy a policy!

Elaine Haywood's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2010

I am adding to the recent comments about Zurich Insurance because although I have never had any life cover from Zurich (I never will!) I have had dealing with this company that lead me to believe they are not to be trusted. This is, of course, my opinion. Read my personal blog on elainesbrokenankle.blogspot.com to find out just how bad Zurich's behaviour can be!