Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport Reviews

• Practicality

• Reliability

Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport - Ask a question now

“Becarefulofvwreputation”

Written on: 13/02/2014 by Phil Clay (8 reviews written)

Had the car for 18 months and it never stopped having faults. It had covered 102000 when purchased so you would expect faults but was never ending. Turbo, clutch, electric windows and suspension control arms/bushes. The good side of the car is loads of room and excellent mpg. Feels very low and great cruiser. Would recomend if you can find pristine example but be very wary of no service history… Read Full Review

“2005 2.0 litre VW Passat TDI. Far too many problems...”

Written on: 21/10/2008

2005 2.0 litre VW Passat TDI. Far too many problems for a £20K car. Been in for this and that software update, significant fuel delivery problems which are ongoing and the main VW dealer sems unable to fix. Very noisy engine and poor road grip despite the huge width tyres that are fitted to my model.
First VW for me and the last. My Alfa 156 was infinetely more reliable and sailed onto 96000 before I sold it. On present performance at 41000 the VW doesn't even come close - that's how bad it… Read Full Review

444977_Blue444's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2009

I found this review helpful because...It confirms my problems with a Passat are not an isolated case

Imransaeed's Comment

Written on: 28/05/2010

I agree, I have a Passat 2.0 TFSI 2006, I bought in April 2009 and was perfect until March 2010 when I goy boost problems, VW Gilbert Lawton manchester has had it back and fourth for over a month now and they can't seem to fix it. It's out of warranty now. I'm losing faith in VW bigtime!!!

“For a 'Quality' car, there are too many issues with...”

Written on: 12/12/2006 by roy h (1 review written)

For a 'Quality' car, there are too many issues with this model for it to be acceptable - VW were supposed to be a reliable marque, but (if mine is anything to go by) that is no longer true. Bring on the Far Eastern motors (Shame on us)… Read Full Review

“Good all round vehicle. Have just purchased my third...”

Written on: 12/06/2006 by Andy Wood (1 review written)

Good all round vehicle. Have just purchased my third Volkswagen Passat. A little to low to have mud flaps and the sump plastic cover has a tendancy to get damaged when fully laden and negotiating speed ramps, even when driving steady… Read Full Review

“I have only owned this Volkswagen Passat for 12 weeks,...”

Written on: 02/05/2006 by Larry Gillard (1 review written)

I have only owned this Volkswagen Passat for 12 weeks, it is 10 months old with an automatic gear box and replaces my previous gas guzzling Jeep.
It feels solid and has a good build quality with no shakes or rattles. The climate control is quiet and is very efficient. The seats are comfortable and supporting and the driver has good all round visibility. The gear ratios of the auto box are adequate, it changes up and down quietly without any fuss. There is bags of room in the back particularly… Read Full Review

“Overall I really do like the Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI...”

Written on: 23/03/2006 by Jimmski (2 reviews written)

Overall I really do like the Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sports car. Its a company car so when anything has gone wrong I haven't had to pay but so far I've had problems with a headlamp component (£250), air con component - it didn't demist properly(fixed under warranty) and the brake disks had corroded (prob due to keeping it outside but still not so good for a 3 year old car). It has quite good performance for only a 1.9 engine - mid range is good for overtaking when in a petrol you'd not… Read Full Review

“Bought my 03 plate Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDi Sport...”

Written on: 15/01/2006 by AdrianFP (3 reviews written)

Bought my 03 plate Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDi Sport new. Great car, don't regret my choice for a minute.
I wanted a car with space (wife and 2 kids), but with a bit of oomph, and preferably one that did not need refuelling every 5 minutes.
The Passat meets all these needs. Ok, it isn't ever going to leave a half reasonable Beemer at the lights, but mid range acceleration is very impressive; makes overtaking a doddle.
Drove down to Spain last summer in it, what an experience on those fast… Read Full Review

“I've had the Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport car for...”

Written on: 30/05/2005 by mickey01 (1 review written)

I've had the Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport car for 2 years and to be honest I feel really disappointed with it. I bought VW because of the preceived higher quality of the marque but to date I've had a number of problems. First off was water leaking into the footwell due to a leak at the pollen filter - carpets now smell though I did my best to dry them out. The passenger side wheel bearing is noisy and the noise does intrude when on the motorway, the driver's side window regulator broke… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to mickey01's Review

Written on: 06/06/2011

bought my 2003 vw passat tdi in 2010 and had nothing but trouble after the second day. the hazard light switch burnt out fitted another 3 bought from vw dealership and they all burnt out. eventually brought it to auto spark who stripped the car only to tell me he couldnt find any short or wiring problem. went to europarts and bought another switch, hasnt been a problem with it this past year. so much for buying genuine vw parts from yoyr local dealer. have the same problem with water in the foot well. last vw i will be buying.

“I have had my VW Passat 1.9 TDI Sport just over a...”

Written on: 09/05/2005 by Riss71 (10 reviews written)

I have had my VW Passat 1.9 TDI Sport just over a year, its on a 52 plate (2002) 32000 on the clock, what can I say about this car, nice looking, very comfortable, spacious, economical, very responsive. I took her over the Brecon Beacons in Wales, (lovely smooth roads that twist and turn for miles) excellent road handling. Very reliable haven't had one problem since I've had her. Full service costs around £260 not too bad, but when you get in and drive you know your in a good quality car. It… Read Full Review