Natwest Debit Card Reviews

Natwest Debit Card - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Natwest Debit Card

Natwest Debit Card

“Andrew John Doyle 27 gladeside bar hill Cambridge CB23 8DY”

Written on: 12/04/2013

I want visa debit card 05/2015 Good walking looking shopping family and friend mr Doyle … Read Full Review

“I bought some Euro's online through Travalex using my...”

Written on: 10/04/2011

I bought some Euro's online through Travalex using my Natwest Visa Debit card, when my statement arrived I saw that I had been charged £3.80.
The last time I bought currency with the old Switch card there weren't any charges.
The charges were not displayed on either website… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2011

This is a Natwest issue, whilst converting from Switch to Visa Cards, the new VISA card scome with charges as VISA itself charge for foreign currency so the bank has to take this from you. If Natwest didnt write to you, you need to take it up with them.

However you're not alone, MOST UK banks charge their customers for foreign currency transactions, so this is a common practice

“I have cancelled my Visa Debit Card. I object to...”

Written on: 24/09/2010

I have cancelled my Visa Debit Card. I object to paying a fee to use the card to purchase foreign currency in the UK.

I will now need to visit the counter at the bank to withdraw cash (in small amounts) which will be more costly and more inconvenient to the Bank than to myself… Read Full Review

“I have been a natwest customer in-excess of 40 years...”

Written on: 20/09/2010

I have been a natwest customer in-excess of 40 years and barring a single altercation 30 a more years ago, there service has been better than satisfactory. However, they have just sent me a replacement debit card with a visa brand. I rang and explained I did'nt want this I wanted to retain my maestro version, which still has 18months to run, but they insisted it would be superseded shortly.
You may already know but if you buy foriegn currency via a high street or internet forex exchange using a… Read Full Review

“I have just used my debit card to book a holiday. The...”

Written on: 27/08/2010

I have just used my debit card to book a holiday. The tour company told me the amount which i paid. They told me one price but the invoice was for a higher amount. I phoned Natwest and they informed me if you use the card online the tour company can use your card number many times and they Natwest will except this. I think Natwest should do something about this??? I even tried to phone the VISA card phone no 0845 3660391 after 30 minutes of waiting i gave up. I have been with Natwest for about… Read Full Review

Joyday44's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2013

You should not be charged for using your debit card to pay for a holiday,they do charge you if you use a credit card which I think is disgusting as many companies rely on on line bookings, the safest way to pay is by credit card but then charge you for it. Rip off

“Why have I received TWO new Visa debit cards this...”

Written on: 23/07/2010 by grrrranny7 (1 review written)

Why have I received TWO new Visa debit cards this month?
Confused as I have registered this card with my mobile supplier and now will have to re-register.
I like the idea of this new card, but which one will I use?… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to grrrranny7's Review

Written on: 08/04/2012

the same happened to me!

“ When buying Euros at my local Sainsburys store I used...”

Written on: 26/04/2010 by Just Musing (1 review written)

When buying Euros at my local Sainsburys store I used my new Visa Debit Card. The cost that I authorised by PIN was £365. When I receieved my monthly bank statement I saw that I was charged £4.50 for a cash advance even though there were more than sufficient cleared funds in my current account to cover this purchase.This is the first time I have ever been charged for using my debit card. There is no reference to this that I can see anywhere in the bumph that came with my new Visa Debit Card.So… Read Full Review

“NatWest changed my Card from a Solo Debit Card to a...”

Written on: 16/03/2010

NatWest changed my Card from a Solo Debit Card to a Visa Debit Card in February 2010 and from thereon in the CHARGES started being made whereas with Solo Card there had been no such charges for the exact same transactions. They charged 2 fees for each transaction where the Visa Debit card was my Paypal draw down card (i.e. the Card was used by Paypal to take money from NatWest account to fund the Paypal transaction). What I did not like is the evasive answers from NatWest, Visa and Pay{al all… Read Full Review

“I currently hold the NatWest Servicecard 100 on the...”

Written on: 01/03/2010

I currently hold the NatWest Servicecard 100 on the Visa Debit scheme, which replaces the UK Maestro Servicecard 100. This may be due to the Visa Chargeback scheme which will cover cardholders who suffer financial loss when a retailer goes into administration etc.

It's handy as a lot of places take Visa payments and it's nice to be reassured that NatWest are taking the credit crunch seriously when companies go out of business therefore protecting the customer.

For anyone who has a Solo debit… Read Full Review

“Safe solo card, dose almost everything you need it to,...”

Written on: 17/01/2009

Safe solo card, dose almost everything you need it to, purchasing is easy, chip and pin.. very nice..
Natwest don't like giving people VISA debit cards, not sure why, they are just picky.. been trying to get one for a while, don't want to move bank as i like the online banking with Natwest.
Nice service, I think Natwest need to think about peoples buying preferences, Most online retailers now accept Solo, and Paypal makes it easier, but theres always the one off product that you want/need and… Read Full Review

“I was born and grew up in the UK. I moved to Israel...”

Written on: 24/12/2008 by BritishExpat (1 review written)

I was born and grew up in the UK. I moved to Israel five years ago. My sister lives in Germany. There is not one place in Israel that I can use Maestro to make point of sales transactions. Nearly all international websites don't take Maestro. Some banks in Israel don't take Cirus at cash points but most do SOMETIMES.
Mastercard have a credit card and Debit Mastercard and had Maestro as their equivalent to Solo card. In some countries like India, it was the main debit brand. Mastercard bought… Read Full Review

Habitaddict's Response to BritishExpat's Review

Written on: 20/05/2009

"Mastercard Debit" doesn't exist in the UK (but I've seen it in the US market). It's called "Maestro" here (formerly Switch) and is functionally equivalent to Solo, except with a cheque guarantee feature and greater acceptability (in the UK). As far as I know, banks will choose either VISA or Mastercard affiliation, then only issue cards of the one chosen brand.

“I have been using Natwest Maestro for many years so...”

Written on: 15/07/2008 by pelen23 (3 reviews written)

I have been using Natwest Maestro for many years so far all the retailers accepted that. Natwest launched contactless card last year. It has been almost a year but not many card holder received contactless option so natwest maestro card is just like any other debit cards… Read Full Review

“My husband has the Natwest Maestro Debit Card. It...”

Written on: 03/04/2007 by gobbledygook (2 reviews written)

My husband has the Natwest Maestro Debit Card. It basically offers the same as most Debit Cards - Most retailers accept it (not all). It's more convenient than carrying cash. Natwest do also offer cashback on Maestro Debit Card purchases with the bigger retailers. You can also use it overseas. It is a good, basic Debit Card that offers everything a Debit Card should offer… Read Full Review

Jammie's Response to gobbledygook's Review

Written on: 27/04/2007

It is good if you got money and it in bank because if it in your pocket you more likely to spend it so its a great way to save up. My girlfriend has a debit card and she has got letters off her bank saying that there has been overseas purchases but she never even been overseas. The bank said she had to get the police involved before they did anything I mean that is wrong its her money and debit cards should never be fraud enabled in any way shape or form and its very unlikely they will compensate her.

Sriaz1's Response to gobbledygook's Review

Written on: 11/09/2008

Hey, I am a uk student who will be in the Netherlands studying for a year.
<br/>Do you know how much it will cost me from my Maestro cards to make regular cash withdrawals?
<br/>Your help will be appreciated.
<br/>Saiqa.