Kodak EasyShare Z740 Reviews

Optical Zoom: 10x
35mm Zoom Lens: 38 - 380 mm
Digital Zoom: 5x
Focus Type: Autofocus
Focus Range: 24 in. to Infinity (w) / 79.2 in. to Infinity (t)
Macro Focus Range: 4.7 - 27.6 in. (w) / 46.8 in. (t)
Image Quality
Camera Resolution: 5.36 Megapixel
Image Resolutions: 2304 x 17282048 x 1536
Video
Video Resolutions: 320 x 240 (QVGA)640 x 480 (VGA)
Video Speed: 13 fps
Max Movie Length: Without Limit (Depends on the camera free memory size)
Video Format: QuickTime
Exposure Control
Aperture Range: f8/f8 (w/t) - f2.88/f3.7 (w/t)
Shutter Speed: 8 - 1/1700 sec
White Balance: AutoDaylight / Sunny (Preset)Fluorescent (Preset)Tungsten (Preset)Shade (Preset)
Frames Per Second: 2 Frames
Storage
Memory Type: Built-inMMC CardSD Card
Built-in Memory Size: 32 MB
Compression Modes: FineSuperFineNormal
Compression Type: JPEG
File Size (High Res.): 1.61 MB (80 images on 128MB card)
File Size (Low Res.): 0.65 MB (about 197 images on 128MB card)
Flash
Power Supply
Battery Type: 2 x AA BatteriesProprietary Lithium
Battery Life: 350 Images
Included Features
Self Timer: 2 Sec.10 Sec.
Mp3 Built In:
Built-in Microphone: With Built-in Microphone
Built-in Speaker: With Built-in Speaker
Tripod Mount: With Tripod Mount
System Requirements
Operating System: Apple Mac OS XMicrosoft Windows 2000Microsoft Windows 98Microsoft Windows 98SEMicrosoft Windows MEMicrosoft Windows XP
Other
Height: 7.9 cm
Width: 9.9 cm
Depth: 7.4 cm
Weight: 0.3 kg
Warranty: 1 Year
Included Accessories: 2 x AA BatteriesSoftwareUSB CableVideo CableHand Strap

Kodak EasyShare Z740

“Its a super zoom camera, what do you spect from it. It...”

Written on: 27/11/2008

Its a super zoom camera, what do you spect from it. It does a very good job, for the price is nnot so bad. It`s a compact and very useful camera any time you need it. I found that autofucos some times gets a hard time working… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Kodak EasyShare Z740

“Hate the Kodak EasyShare Z740 camera with every fibre...”

Written on: 22/05/2008 by LexieC100 (1 review written)

Hate the Kodak EasyShare Z740 camera with every fibre of my being. It was a waste of money. This camera is a piece of junk!!! If I could get rid of it, I would. It won't reset to default settings, and you can only change settings so much. It was on sale, and supposedly user friendly. But it is nothing but… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare Z740

“I purchased the Kodak Z740 to replace my Kodak DX4330...”

Written on: 14/09/2007 by justwally (3 reviews written)

I purchased the Kodak Z740 to replace my Kodak DX4330 (sadly, my 4330 was nicked from me whilst in Maui). The larger lens means no more through-the-microscope macro shots, but the 10x zoom has proven invaluable in a variety of situations. The camera does not make use of image stabilization, and I am not in the market for image stabilization in my camera (something to keep in mind, however). I have currently had my Z740 camera for almost a year, and it has travelled all over the Pacific… Read Full Review

Divevet's Response to justwally's Review

Written on: 14/09/2007

now you need to come to Dominica where you will have the best possible subjects for your camera! Believe me, you will go CRAZY in this place! Dominica is a haven for photographers both above and below the waterline...mind boggling!

Kodak EasyShare Z740

“Overall the Kodak Easyshare Z740 has a good quality...”

Written on: 13/08/2007 by nicole newmarket (1 review written)

Overall the Kodak Easyshare Z740 has a good quality picture and an easy to use camera, but battery life could be improved… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare Z740

“The Kodak Z740 was bought to replace my ageing Kodak...”

Written on: 31/07/2007 by Tom H (110 reviews written)

The Kodak Z740 was bought to replace my ageing Kodak DX3900 digital camera, which had seen a lot of use and was slowly giving up the ghost (I found out on Snowdon when I had to keep adjusting settings that shouldn't need to be changed).
Having moved from a 3 Mega-pixel camera to a 5 Mega-pixel camera, I noticed the increase in picture quality immediately. This makes a difference when out hillwalking and you see a scene that is in desperate need of capture!
I also like the manual setting, where… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare Z740

“I would not recommend any Kodak product to even my...”

Written on: 20/06/2007 by Ndavis68 (1 review written)

I would not recommend any Kodak product to even my enemies at this point. I spent 4 months arguing with Kodak to repair the camera because I lost the receipt. The camera has a serial number and a manufacture date on the camera, so it would have been easy for them to tell the camera was only a couple months old. They still refuse to repair it, so the other day I sent it to the service center they recommended. United Camera and Binoculars Repair near Chicago, IL. and wouldn't you know it they are… Read Full Review

Ndavis68's Response to Ndavis68's Review

Written on: 22/06/2007

Received an e-mail from United camera today. They are going to do me a favor as a customer courtesy because I was told a different price by one of their reps is how they worded it. They are lowering the price from $163.00 to $111.69. I sent them a return email telling them I wasn't paying a cent more then the $85.00 and to just return the camera to me postage due if they had to. I also spent $20.00 to cancel the check already. We will see if I get the camera back.

Kodak EasyShare Z740

“The Kodak Easyshare Z740 digital camera is very easy...”

Written on: 17/07/2006 by marcwomm (4 reviews written)

The Kodak Easyshare Z740 digital camera is very easy to use, and it has lots of extra features which I have not yet used, as the "Auto" option is fine. The Macro Option is fantastic though, and I use it regularly for flower shots in the garden.

This camera was a birthday present and I love it. I have it with me almost all the time, so I am always ready for a shot. Coming from a starter camera (Olympus C200) I am more than delighted with the 5MP and the picture quality. This camera will last me… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare Z740

“I bought the Kodak EasyShare 740 digital camera simply...”

Written on: 13/01/2006 by CuttingEdgeSystems (1 review written)

I bought the Kodak EasyShare 740 digital camera simply because of the great results I obtained from a DX4320 I had had for a couple of years.

This camera is great! It copes with macro shots to motor sport. It's light, and the buttons are big enough for my sausage like fingers.

Forget the Kodak software! It's best left on the CD. I use a card reader and just drag and drop the pictures onto my HDD.

I would recommend this camera to any budding photographer on a budget… Read Full Review

Kodak EasyShare Z740

“Not a good choice for me, bought on review in a digi...”

Written on: 10/08/2005 by ericy (4 reviews written)

Not a good choice for me, bought on review in a digi cam magazine. Would not have bought if I had known the problems I was going to have in downloading and processing. The quality is OK for the price and the zoom is good, (I switched off the digital extra zoom). The lens cap is feeble and not fixed onto the lens, but on the lens housing, thus easy to knock off during general handling… Read Full Review