Nikon Coolpix 5600 Reviews

Optical Zoom: 3x
35mm Zoom Lens: 35 - 105 mm
Digital Zoom: 4x
Focus Type: Autofocus
Macro Focus Range: 1.6 in. (w)
Focal Length: 5.7 - 17.1 mm
Image Quality
Camera Resolution: 5.36 Megapixel
Video
Video Resolutions: 320 x 240 (QVGA)640 x 480 (VGA)160 x 120
Video Speed: 15 fps
Max Movie Length: Without Limit (Depends on the camera free memory size)
Video Format: QuickTime
Exposure Control
Aperture Range: f2.9/f4.9 (w/t)
Shutter Speed: 4 - 1/3000 sec
White Balance: Auto
Frames Per Second: 1.3 Frames
Storage
Memory Type: Built-inSD Card
Built-in Memory Size: 14.5 MB
Compression Type: JPEG
File Size (High Res.): 2.9 MB (44 images on 128MB card)
Flash
ISO Speeds: Auto50
Flash Type: Built-In
Flash Functions: Flash OffAuto FlashFill-in FlashRed-eye Reduction FlashSlow Sync
Viewfinder / Display
Self Timer: 10 Sec.
Mp3 Built In:
Built-in Microphone: With Built-in Microphone
System Requirements
Operating System: Apple Mac OS XMicrosoft Windows 2000Microsoft Windows 98SEMicrosoft Windows MEMicrosoft Windows XP Home EditionMicrosoft Windows XP Professional
Other
Height: 6.1 cm
Width: 8.4 cm
Depth: 3.6 cm
Weight: 0.1 kg
Warranty: 2 Years
Included Accessories: 2 x AA BatteriesSoftwareUSB CableVideo CableBattery ChargerStrap
Release Date: March, 2005

Nikon Coolpix 5600

“Last year I lost my camera and got this because I...”

Written on: 28/08/2012 by sarahmeyerse (10 reviews written)

Last year I lost my camera and got this because I needed immidiately a cam. So I did not had time to investigate. I am pretty satisfied with the outdoor performance of the but some how I cant adjust the camera settings when I want to take pics indoor. It is either too light or too dark… Read Full Review

Nikon Coolpix 5600

“It was good initially for a compact digital camera but...”

Written on: 28/10/2008

It was good initially for a compact digital camera but I am now disappointed because of the short battery life… Read Full Review

Nikon Coolpix 5600

“I am an incorrigible photographer. I bought this...”

Written on: 17/04/2007 by anneloader (1 review written)

I am an incorrigible photographer. I bought this camera while on holiday in America last year, taking advantage of the value of the dollar. I love its outdoor performance and take it everywhere on the off chance of capturing a memorable shot. However, comparing its indoor performance with that of my sons' (quite old) Canon Ixus models, it is very inferior. Very sadly, it met with an accident yesterday when my husband accidentally ran the car over the handbag containing it and a battery in the… Read Full Review

Nikon Coolpix 5600

“The Nikon Coolpix 5600 is basically the same digital...”

Written on: 05/01/2006 by RichardO (9 reviews written)

The Nikon Coolpix 5600 is basically the same digital camera as the 5200 model, but updated to take two AA batteries instead of a single rechargeable Li-ion. The battery life is therefore dependent on which brand of batteries you put in it; using Duracell's I got similar battery life to the old model (about 200 pictures - a day's worth of heavy tourism)!

As per the earlier model, this one is small, well made, and takes very high quality pictures. Better still, it's about £50 cheaper than the… Read Full Review

Nikon Coolpix 5600

“So far so good. The Nikon Coolpix 5600 is my first...”

Written on: 29/12/2005 by mickanna (1 review written)

So far so good. The Nikon Coolpix 5600 is my first digital camera, and I am very impressed. It is easy and intuitive to setup and use. I've taken about 200 photos so far and transferred them to my PC, and I have also played them on the TV using the cable included and the built in slide show.

I am very impressed with the quality of the images. I've been using Windows Media Player - I didn't want to have to install and familiarise myself with the Nikon software.

I've also taken some video -… Read Full Review