Nokia N91 Reviews

Design: Mobile
Digital Camera: 20x Zoom 2 Megapixels Digital Camera
Display
Display Size: 176 x 208
Screen Type: 262K Colors (TFT)
Memory
Standby Time: 190 Hours
Other Features
Messaging Formats: SMSMMS
Data Formats: WAP 2.0HTMLXHTMLMIDP2
Phone Features: Automatic RedialCaller group profilingCaller line identifierIntegrated speakerphonePhoto caller IDPredictive text inputSpeech recognitionVoice dialingVibrating Alert
Organizer Features: CalendarPersonal Information Management
Other Features: PC synchronization
Applications: JAVA ApplicationsJAVA games
Multimedia Features: Integrated Digital CameraMP3 playerMP3 ringtonesMPEG4 video playbackVideo CaptureVoice recorderPolyphonic ringtonesFM Radio
Other
Height: 11.3 cm
Width: 2.17 in.
Depth: 2.21 cm
Weight: 2.62 kg
Included Accessories: Travel ChargerUser ManualHeadsetSoftware CDUSB Data Cable

Nokia N91

“The Nokia N91 is THE phone for Music Lovers and people...”

Written on: 01/03/2008

The Nokia N91 is THE phone for Music Lovers and people who know how Good music needs to sound like!!! AMAZING SOUND....gives the Ipod a run for it's money.....
Classy Style... dedicated Music keys… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“The Nokia N91 is a good phone to start with, but soon...”

Written on: 25/09/2007 by cazwazere (1 review written)

The Nokia N91 is a good phone to start with, but soon degrades… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“The only thing which impresses me about this phone is...”

Written on: 13/07/2007 by Adi9833 (1 review written)

The only thing which impresses me about this phone is its mp3 sound. It's much louder than any of the Sony Ericsson phones and is comparable to iPod. However, playing on loud volumes will knock the original earphones for sure. The SOFTWARE is too buggy and freezes when you receive or make outgoing calls or you load some applications. The songs in the music player needs to be refreshed very often..or else it will not play your songs. Since it has an inbuilt hard disk special care needs to be… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“I got the Nokia N91 phone from an online company...”

Written on: 14/05/2007 by Erebus1197 (13 reviews written)

I got the Nokia N91 phone from an online company (e2save.com) and it's caused me nothing but heartache since receiving it! I realise e2save is a subsiduary of The Carphone Warehouse that sells seconds, but I was assured that all phones are checked and 100% guaranteed, just like a new phone.

It was free on the tariff I chose (hence the value for money rating above) and that is why I got it. And I mean the only reason.

I have always had Sony Ericsson phones, and I wish I hadn't swapped! I… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“I am really really disappointed in this phone, I LOVED...”

Written on: 21/02/2007 by KarenForest (1 review written)

I am really really disappointed in this phone, I LOVED its appearance however it was very heavy, I have had two N91s in the space of 8 days and both have had to be returned the first one kept switching itself off, and the second would only charge for a minute and then would stop charging, I was going to go for a third attempt, however reading the reviews here, I have decided not too… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“I like this phone but wouldn't want to rely on it as...”

Written on: 15/12/2006 by charlieafif (1 review written)

I like this phone but wouldn't want to rely on it as my only one for the following main reasons:
Battery life and when you're out and about as its heavy/clunky… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“Well, got this sexy little Nokia N91 and loved it; the...”

Written on: 02/11/2006 by Faiza21 (1 review written)

Well, got this sexy little Nokia N91 and loved it; the memory was impressive, the menu style, excellent! However then I had to return it within a week of receiving it. It wouldn't charge after the initial charge. Then when I'd make a call, there was a muffled noise in the background.

It would freeze when I'd send a text so I got a replacement phone shortly after and now that's giving me problems and is due to be sent back on Monday. I can't send a text without it taking at least a minute and… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“I had my Nokia N91 for only a week. At first I was so...”

Written on: 03/09/2006 by Jeriko8 (1 review written)

I had my Nokia N91 for only a week. At first I was so excited. The design is great, very classy and yet functional. On my third day of usage, it hung. Ok, even the N70 I had, had the same problem. On the 7th day, after transferring all my favorite MP3's and themes, it crashed and could not recover anymore. I manage to start it but a message appeared to my surprise. It reads, "Disc error....".

With its high end price, we should expect a high end performance or quality the least. Not the things… Read Full Review

Borist's Response to Jeriko8's Review

Written on: 03/10/2006

Thanks for the information. I wanted to buy the phone, but I'll think twice before doing that.

Nokia N91

“The Nokia N91 has 4gb hard drive, good large screen...”

Written on: 25/08/2006 by wassup0810 (1 review written)

The Nokia N91 has 4gb hard drive, good large screen and a 2 MP camera but it's a brick! I got it on contract and when it came through the post, I opened up the box and saw how big it was! I turned it on and had a play for 5 minutes, then put it back in the box ready to send back and exchange for the d900. I must admit I was gutted it was so big! I really would like the phone if it was smaller. Why are Nokia's getting so big?

Please don't buy this phone unless you don't care about the size of… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“The Nokia N91 is a typical Nokia, very easy to use and...”

Written on: 01/08/2006 by albotross (1 review written)

The Nokia N91 is a typical Nokia, very easy to use and also has the ability to multitask, unlike myself!!!!! Occasionally the hard drive will freeze but it is easy to fix by removing battery and selecting refresh on the harddrive menu. Yeah it is a bit on the bulky side but it is a nice size and wight in my opinion, maybe not best suited for people with small hands… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“Well all I can say about the Nokia N91 is that it is...”

Written on: 08/07/2006 by lilcutmore (1 review written)

Well all I can say about the Nokia N91 is that it is one of the best phones I've ever had. It has every thing in it and is very easy to use, so I would recommend it to everyone. Most of the things I will never use all because it has so much on it you won't need too. It is just the best phone out at the moment. I love it and you will too but the only bad thing on it is the size. I looked at it and thought I was gonna to send it back but once you start to use it, you fall in love with it... every… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“The Nokia N91 mobile phone is a total fashion...”

Written on: 27/06/2006 by mmoosa (1 review written)

The Nokia N91 mobile phone is a total fashion statement! The stainless steel also shows it elegance and classiness. It is fabulous!

You should get one. It is fantastic, and I am still amazed at it sitting on my desk… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“The Nokia N91 mobile phone is just great! I have owned...”

Written on: 26/06/2006 by ryansgti (1 review written)

The Nokia N91 mobile phone is just great! I have owned lots of phones, and this is the only one I haven't got bored with after a week! Every day you find something new to do with it. The camera quality is amazing for a phone, and my iPod has been made slightly redundant, as the phone holds more music than my Nano.

Overall, it is just brilliant!… Read Full Review

Nokia N91

“Okay, the Nokia N91 mobile phone has everything you...”

Written on: 05/06/2006 by sabsingh (2 reviews written)

Okay, the Nokia N91 mobile phone has everything you will need, and a lot more you will almost never touch. It has all the features. Far more than I will ever need. The downside is it is a total BRICK. It looks like one of the old chunky Motorola phones I owned about eight years ago. Most people will use their phone primarily to make calls, not for music or email, and using this phone is like holding a brick to your head. It is also heavy, which makes it a little impractical to carry around… Read Full Review

Haz92's Response to sabsingh's Review

Written on: 29/08/2006

think about it, if you didn't have this phone and you wanted the things this phone offers you would have to carry an mp3 player, pda for organising etc. and a different mobile phone so it isn't a bad size compared to this is it???????

Nokia N91

“Once Nokia told us they were releasing the Nokia N91...”

Written on: 29/04/2006 by bazthecat (20 reviews written)

Once Nokia told us they were releasing the Nokia N91 mobile phone, I just couldn't wait to get it. After 6 months waiting I bought the phone without even seeing it, and I was naturally a bit unsure about how it would actually look, feel, and how easy it would be to use. I shouldn't have worried.

From opening the box, I was sold on it immediately. The phone has such a quality look and feel about it, but hidden under that was my old friendly Nokia menu and operating system, so it was like I… Read Full Review

Bazthecat's Response to bazthecat's Review

Written on: 19/05/2006

Long awaited Nokia N91 still has problems. The N91 is a fantastic phone in many ways, in fact the best I have ever used, but it has a fault that frankly I just can't live with.
The usual way Nokia stores music files is in its gallery section. The N91 does exactly the same, but there is no need for it to do that, as you don’t access the music files that way, you access them through the MP3 player functions on the front of the phone, (so you don’t have to open the gallery at all).
The effect is, that once you have say 1 gig of music in the gallery, it then takes 30 seconds or so for the phone to open any other gallery function (as it accesses the hard drive) that means with just say one picture in your gallery, you can't just show it to anyone without the 30 second wait till the hard drive finishes doing its stuff.
Even when taking a simple picture, it means a 30 second delay before you can even preview it, which pretty much makes it unusable as a camera or video phone. With no music files on the phone, gallery access is instant.
The upshot is that with the phones 4gig hard drive, it appears that loading 3 gig of music or 1000 songs (as Nokia keep banging on about) logically, it will take 60 seconds or more, just to access a single picture. I appreciate I am one of the early users of this phone, but Nokia have been delaying it and delaying it, but now its released, it just does not do what it says on the tin, but all because of how it stores its files.
Great phone ruined by silly software issues.
I contacted Nokia who were completely unhelpful and told me to take my 3 week old phone to a repairer (not happy with that) but I rang the Nokia approved repairer and they had never even seen a Nokia N91………….
I hope they will sort this issue as I know I have communicated with two N91 users that have the same problem.
MY ADVICE, DON’T GET AN N91 YET, WAIT UNTIL THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED, OR IT WILL DRIVE YOU TO DISTRACTION.
2 out of 10 Nokia – Can do better work.

252302_Rose05's Response to bazthecat's Review

Written on: 22/07/2006

Good information, I&#039;m always review the <a href="http://www.articles-free.ca//" target="_blank">Consumer reports</a> or what costumers have to said about a product and the best site is this kind of forums. Thanks for posting such detailed information.

Bazthecat's Response to bazthecat's Review

Written on: 13/07/2006

I have to answer the "dude" who wanted to knock the N91 camera. The N91 is a phone, not a camera, but as the camera comes as part of the phone, I had to give an opinion. Forget the number of pixels or who makes the lens, fact is I thought the camera was just a free feature. I was amazed when i loaded a picture onto the PC and found it filled a 17" monitor and looked great. I have had mobile phones since they have been available in the UK, many of them in the last few years with cameras. They had always been OK for reference shots, but todays camera phones are beginning to deliver real quality. Re the N91, my daughter has the latest Samsung with 2MP, ny son has the best Sony Erricson and my wife has the Razor, all are good, but the picture quality of the N91 is better, simple as that. I think the "dude" that left the comment probably purchased his phone as a camera. I purchased the N91 because it is a fantastic easy to use and easy to handle phone that looks great, has an amazing 4 GIG hard drive, a good screen, a great address book, a terrific MP3 player and oh yes, it has a camera too. You can bang on about other phones, but quite simply nothing out there offers the amount of facilities as the N91 - Period

Nixon7's Response to bazthecat's Review

Written on: 13/07/2006

No offence dude but i think you are leading people off a bit by endorsing the camera on this phone so much, it is however only 2 mega pixels and does not have a carl zeiss lense like its predecessor the Nokia N90. Again not trying to criticise but you must not have seen/used many cell phone cameras as this is by far not the best. It is actually quite inferior when compared to others available today.

Muhammed949's Response to bazthecat's Review

Written on: 25/05/2006

Thanks, this review was a great help. Now i know what phone to get as i wasn`t really sure before.
Cheers

Nokia N91

“Nokia N91 - I have this phone the n91 as I went to...”

Written on: 06/07/2005 by nikkarsan (1 review written)

Nokia N91 - I have this phone the n91 as I went to Romania on business and I bought it from a man on the street.

It is an impressive phone with 4gb and loads of extra to keep you interested but only 4 a short while. Gets boring after a while. Half a gig is already used on saving the applications like the media players and actually running the phone, so there is technically only 3.5gb.

The headphone jack is useful.

ONE BIG PROBLEM.....is you cannot change your bluetooth name! Which is

Nokia N91

“I got a Nokia N91 handset from my recent visit to...”

Written on: 22/06/2005 by mchuaungo (1 review written)

I got a Nokia N91 handset from my recent visit to Tokyo, where the insiders at Electronic Gadgets showed me the latest model in Nokia's "N" range of Music mobile phones. Not yet commercially available, I was given a sampler (which may differ from end product in the Pacific) which I used for a couple of days.
My first impression about the phone was the weight. I have used heavier phones (Nokia 7710) but they justify the weight with the size. The N91 isn't very bulky, but it's heavier than… Read Full Review

Djdomdomdom's Response to mchuaungo's Review

Written on: 17/08/2005

From the SE K750i or W800i thats where :)

Nokia N91

“Nokia N91 - Lacks fashion status, has excellent memory...”

Written on: 16/06/2005 by polka0055 (1 review written)

Nokia N91 - Lacks fashion status, has excellent memory function and could have memory card slot.

Very good mobile phone( Ratings: 9/10)… Read Full Review

Jacksome's Response to 197986_polka0055's Review

Written on: 04/10/2005

Hard to say, I agree with your good points, but on the style issue, I don't know. Too add a little more zest to the good points. It has a 2 mega pixel camera and real time video clip sharing while on a call. 12.5 hours of music playback, and with a 4 gig hard drive this phone can store up to 6,700 high resolution pictures, video clips, documents, spreadsheets, presentations. It is classed as a USB mass storage device. I think it's definitely one of a kind.
<br>
<br>So maybe it isn't as sleek as some other phones, but with those capabilities who cares.

Bazthecat's Response to 197986_polka0055's Review

Written on: 19/05/2006

The phone has an issue with storing all that stuff. It slows gallery access to a crawl. 1.5 gig of music means 30 sec wait to access anything in the gallery. Nokia need to sort this PDQ.