Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Summary

Produced by Citroen between 1984 and 2005, the Citroen C15 Champ is a panel van.
Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D

Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D
Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D

“Like driving a go-kart. Love it!”

Written on: 07/10/2013 by Rosschristopherwenlock (1 review written)

Had my C15 for over a year now and done 20,000 miles. Few little bits gone wrong- new alternator, bit of welding on the exhaust but it's just basic maintenance and the best thing is everything is so cheap! Welding was £20, alternator £40 and fitted myself using two spanners. The mpg is amazing- I get about 45mpg with mine- will go up as have just serviced it. The seats are like my Nans armchair and drining on a bumpy road is like driving on clouds due to fantastic suspension.. It looks… Read Full Review

Devlinski's Response to Rosschristopherwenlock's Review

Written on: 17/10/2013

Good to hear mate! mine, likewise...

“where you want to go?”

Written on: 12/05/2012

I sit in my van and it says " where you want to go? " and it just goes there. I've been to Holland, France and Spain in it. No nonsense , anti fashion and slow as hell from a standing start. But I love it and you cant break its spirit. Had a few knocks in it - but it keeps going. Try and get a red one. Once it gets going its quiet and smooth ride - comfy seats. I've moved twice in it - once with a piano in the back. Tough. Some bits will fall off - but its french… Read Full Review

“I bought my C15 in 2005 brand new, it has now done...”

Written on: 31/07/2010

I bought my C15 in 2005 brand new, it has now done 158,000,mls and i have to say apart from the odd thing its been fantastic, the body work remains amazing although this is due to expensive autoglym polish! mechanicly i have always taken it to citroen in leeds where i bought it, its serviced every 6 months due to the milage i do. and has always passed mots first time! common faults are brake calipres and wheel bearings, oh and rubbish stereos i changed mine after it went faulty 7 times in 12… Read Full Review

“I have owned a w reg 2000 c15 for 8 years. It has...”

Written on: 08/04/2010

I have owned a w reg 2000 c15 for 8 years. It has covered 211000 faultless miles but alas the gearbox is on it's last legs so I must consider changing the van - for another c15 of course. We collect and deliver horse rugs for laundering and very often the van it packed to the hilt including the passenger well but has never complained and consistently attains 50mpg. In a word brilliant!… Read Full Review

“I've had my C15 since new as a private vehicle. They...”

Written on: 01/03/2010

I've had my C15 since new as a private vehicle. They are excellent value for money. It is no thrills motoring in many ways but it is fun to drive and surprisingly agile & does the job well. Most importantly it is incredibly practicle. I have moved everything from double beds to fridge freezers. It's proved amazing for camping & I tow with ease. I've even slept in it a few times! Practicle, Reliable and different… Read Full Review

“Please read for very important tip! I have recently...”

Written on: 16/10/2009 by TBirdDen (1 review written)

Please read for very important tip! I have recently bought a Romahome built on the C15 and am very pleased with it, as it is small enough to use all year round. Whist reading up on them I read that they are prone to rusting, especially the front bulk head. Having spent all my life in the car body repair business, I decided to look into this. I found that rain water which enters through the air intake grill just in front of the windscreen where the wiper are fitted is meant to drain out through… Read Full Review

Paulh1's Response to TBirdDen's Review

Written on: 28/03/2010

I found this review very helpful because...i am going to buy one of these for my courier work and expect to keep it some while so thank you very much for your help.

Kimnx1982's Response to TBirdDen's Review

Written on: 30/04/2011

this was a very helpful review as i have just purchaced a 2002 c15 the only problem is it has already rusted in the areas described i hope its not too late to stop this coroding anymore and i am currently thinking of the best way to fill in all the rust holes etc

Tesswithvan's Response to TBirdDen's Review

Written on: 13/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because I have just bought a 1994 C15 Romahome and have wondered why so many were rusted in the area described. I found this review months ago whilst still searching for a van, it gave me confidence, I just hope I can do the practical stuff and although I cant see any rust in this area yet I want to keep it that way. Thanks

Artylife's Response to TBirdDen's Review

Written on: 23/01/2011

Checked out my c15 for the problem you outlined as I had been getting some water in the footwells, and found it had the exact problem as you found with the blocked drain-hole... really glad you took the time to leave the really useful comment...Thanks very much...Paul

Teibaz's Response to TBirdDen's Review

Written on: 14/04/2010

I found this review very helpful because I am in process of buying one. It is great when others take the time to submit helpful hints.
<br/>Thank you

“ive had my Citroen C15 Champ 9 months its done...”

Written on: 12/07/2009 by leylandtrucker1 (1 review written)

ive had my Citroen C15 Champ 9 months its done 190,000 miles . 7,000 by me mega reliable 50+ mpg . i do 50 mile round trip every day and kick its arse all the way there and back without any bother
if i can offer bit of advice re rear brakes if yours fails on rear brakes adjust new shoes up till its difficult to get drums on , then run it just long enough that they dont bind too bad . ive had couple of these and had same beef with them… Read Full Review

“I have owned 2 c15 vans my latest has done 101.561...”

Written on: 28/05/2009

I have owned 2 c15 vans my latest has done 101.561 miles on P reg been everywhere Germany Holland France Belgium must have van !! runs on anything from cooking oil to bio-diesel and some funny red coloured stuff ;-) 55 mpg all day long… Read Full Review

“It's a good van for the money. Cheap to buy, and had...”

Written on: 24/08/2008 by APR (1 review written)

It's a good van for the money. Cheap to buy, and had few problems with it other than having to change stoplight bulbs frequently. I've had mine 8yrs and done 98,000 miles at around 45mpg. It's a basic vehicle, but as a workhorse I've been more than pleased with it. I find it comfortable enough and pretty nippy about town. I can also get into parking spaces bigger vans can't. For what you pay for a new C15, you could pay the same for a three year old Escort with 60,000 miles on the clock. Hasn't… Read Full Review

“I've had the Citroen C15 Champ van for just over 4...”

Written on: 02/08/2008 by ancientvanman (1 review written)

I've had the Citroen C15 Champ van for just over 4 years but have only done about 14000 miles in my job as a decorator. I've lined it out and added soundproofing so it's pretty quiet to drive. The gearbox is fairly 'agricultural' and you're not likely to be first off the lights but the vehicle has good mid-range acceleration and will happily cruise. I broke the flimsy indicator switch within weeks and, being a Citroen, the radiator packed up just out of warranty (they all do) but no other… Read Full Review

“I've had my C15 for about 3 months, to use basically...”

Written on: 16/01/2008 by Malcolm B (1 review written)

I've had my C15 for about 3 months, to use basically as a private vehicle, and expect to cover 20 - 25000 miles a year. At the time of writing it has approximately 85000 on the clock. The above comments not withstanding I would not put anyone off buying a good secondhand model. Mine belonged to a multi-drop delivery company, and then by a guy who used it to transport a strimmer, so it hasn't been used in a harsh environment. Some of the newer ones have power steering but I wouldn't let the… Read Full Review

“I bought this Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D van mainly...”

Written on: 23/09/2006 by Travatain (1 review written)

I bought this Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D van mainly for the cheap price of about five grand and the reliable diesel engine. It has been reliable except for a problem with the fuel injection system which happened when just out of warranty and cost me £600 to repair, plus 2 weeks off the road, so not happy about that from a van carefully driven by myself, and under 10,000 miles from new. Apart from that problem, it has proved to be a bargain for the money, and easy to use as a trade vehicle. The… Read Full Review

“I bought this Citroen C15 Champ van to replace a dying...”

Written on: 30/05/2006 by Andy Maddams (1 review written)

I bought this Citroen C15 Champ van to replace a dying petrol Ford Escort. It is in red (the only colour option available in my view!) and has been ply lined. I ordered it with mud flaps but the rears are no longer available and the fronts are a little insignificant. The engine starts easily and runs relatively quietly for a diesel. It pulls well and if not rushed is very economical. 55mpg is the best so far with only 3500 on the clock. This should get better still as the mileage builds up. The… Read Full Review

“I bought a Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D van as a cheap...”

Written on: 27/04/2005 by evdama (1 review written)

I bought a Citroen C15 Champ 1.9D 765D van as a cheap replacement for a car the last being a 2001 Astra hatch.
From a main dealer with full 3yr warranty (6yrs antirust) and a colour choice (red silver or white) it was £6500
You can get them for just under 6K online but they wll be white or white with a 1yr warranty. No thanks.If youre VAT registered then its 17.5% cheaper still.
I wanted a vehicle with good ground clearance because our lane floods frequently. There's around 8" under the sump… Read Full Review

Jersey Sean's Response to 190989_evdama's Review

Written on: 08/04/2006

Hi. I live in Jersey in the Channel Islands, and I have used these vans since 1985. They are bullet proof, reliable, DIY friendly and very economical. They are quirky, French and you have to want to buy them only for their old-fashioned reliability and practicality. Be assured of total anonymity, as nobody gives them a glance. Great! I recommend them to all of you who want practical, affordable non-poser motoring. I am about to buy another new one, as my current one, a 1995 is falling apart with the ravages of a marine environment here in Jersey. The cabin doors are rotten, the back doors are rotten, the bulkhead between the engine and cab is crumbling beacuse of the awful horizontal joint across it, and the underbody is corroded. Jersey is a vicious corrosive environment.

However the engine is as sweet as a nut, and in 11 years this gallant white Frenchy has only done 55000 miles with oil changes every six months. Anyone want a sweet engine and box.
Sean