Range Rover 2.5 Turbo Diesel Reviews

Range Rover 2.5 Turbo Diesel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Range Rover 2.5 Turbo Diesel

Range Rover 2.5 Turbo Diesel
Range Rover 2.5 Turbo Diesel

“Pure Solihull Rubbish, avoid avoid avoid”

Written on: 21/07/2012 by Whitemountainproperty (1 review written)

I have a 2001 low milage P38 fitted with the legendary BMW engine. I bought it for 7000gbp 36 months ago. Since then I have spent 5000gbp maintaining it. Of the 16 trips I have made in it, of less than 300mile round trips, it has broken down 17. It has never one time been on a trip that it finished. I have changed the gearbox, 3 radiators, head gasket, diesel pum, tank pump, rebuilt the air suspension, changed all 7 pulleys plus what I have forgotten. Yesterday, a friend cought an 8 hr… Read Full Review

Rustyboot's Response to Whitemountainproperty's Review

Written on: 13/10/2012

Hi, looks like you have bought the 3pm build on a friday..... get rid of it!, save your money, buy a Toyota Prado, for one cheaper to run and it wont give you the problems your having but i think your mechanic might be having your wallet for lunch breakfast and dinner mate, i'd get a new one of those as well.

“This car is a truely well built car, its stable,...”

Written on: 22/07/2010

This car is a truely well built car, its stable, reliable, and does everything that i require it to in comfort. it has a nice suspension, good looks and a good engine, however as you would expect a 2.5 tone jeep doesnt have much performance wise, but its not built for that. its extremly safe, and spacious, ive never had 1 problem and it has never broke down one, this is a great car! however fuel economy is not greatand its hard for my girlfriend to park… Read Full Review

“used to drive them in the army .taking officers aroud...”

Written on: 03/02/2010

used to drive them in the army .taking officers aroud and found that it outstrips all .it will go enywhere without effort .like enything if you dont keep an eye on the thing it will give you big bills ,if worryed about air suspention.get it changed and put polly bushes in,as for engine i found thet there bullet proof ,most cars have problems and if you think of what could go wrong no one would be driving.all on horses again have you seen how much one of them cost to run.so all i can say keep it… Read Full Review

“I have a Range Rover 2,5 dse from 2001 and 251.358 km...”

Written on: 08/07/2009 by Dorian Grey (1 review written)

I have a Range Rover 2,5 dse from 2001 and 251.358 km on board.
In this years was necessary to change: radiator (~300 euro), air springs (~275 euro), brake pads (~1000 euro), brake disks - front and rear (~200 euro), filters - air, pollen,oil,fuel (300 euro), battery (~50 euro), and few lamps, all about 2000 euro. All parts are OEM from Bearmach UK. Oil and fuel is not calculated.
For me is nothing in 8 years and a sttagering 250.000 km.
I have three friends with Toyota Land Cruiser (no. 1 for… Read Full Review

“Ok, after reading the previous comments I ' m already...”

Written on: 01/07/2008 by roverhater (1 review written)

Ok, after reading the previous comments I ' m already worried! I traded my perfectly in shape 2002, f-350, on 39.5" tires, 8.5" lift, with turbo upgrade, 600 hp chipped, in excellent condition pick up for a 2000 range with a 2.5l BMW turbo diesel.... Don ' t say nothing.... I know...now! Having this British/German wonder model for less than a month I have to say: very comfy....but that ' s where it stops! No kick, that turbo isn ' t much bigger than my watch, electrical problems all day and now… Read Full Review

382527_Baringa's Response to roverhater's Review

Written on: 14/07/2008

I have similar problems with my Range Rover 2.5 deisel overheating are there two thermostats in the engine I was told there is but I cant find the second one do you know if there is a second one?

Trueblood's Response to roverhater's Review

Written on: 04/11/2011

you don't know how to drive it.
the problem of your car is between the wheel and front driver seat.

Guest's Response to roverhater's Review

Written on: 20/09/2011

My P38 is the worst car i have ever bought, i've lost count of the electrical problems and now it's blown the radiator, the BMW engine is not as good as you think, it's got issues and not bullit proof as many people say it is, i wish that i had kept my petrol classic.
If you have any sense steer well clear of this model.

Rangerover1's Response to roverhater's Review

Written on: 06/03/2011

my P38 allways ran cold, I think a previous owner must have taken the thermastats out and thrown them away, the thing that killed mine was the nut that holds the fan pully on, it just came lose one day and that was the pully that ran the oil pump...

“As you can tell I love my Rangey, Who wants to sit at...”

Written on: 13/08/2007 by andy edwards (1 review written)

As you can tell I love my Rangey, Who wants to sit at the same eye level as an ant. Be brave, if you want one...BUY ONE!!!… Read Full Review

“If only they had put a decent air suspension system...”

Written on: 02/03/2007 by cityofgod (1 review written)

If only they had put a decent air suspension system in, it would be the perfect 4x4. I took mine on a 3500 miles round trip to southern France and it was so good, plenty of space for 3 adults and a child and all the luggage. Two months after we returned air suspension went, so expensive to fix, sold the car straight after I had it done. But when ever I see them I wish they had put a decent system in so I could keep one and trust it… Read Full Review

Rangerover1's Response to cityofgod's Review

Written on: 06/03/2011

I made the dealer replace all 4 air bags on my P38 before I bought it, suspention worked 100% all the 4 and a half years I owned it.
<br/>You should have kept yours bro...

“It's a good, comfy car and certainly looks...”

Written on: 19/02/2007 by Range rover man (4 reviews written)

It's a good, comfy car and certainly looks good! However, I have a huge list of bad points! My Range Rover 2.5 Turbo Diesel is less than a year old and you mostly see businessmen driving them but I bought this one myself and so far in 9 months I have paid £8369 on repair bills! If you think about it you can by a small car with that! My electric windows only work when they want to and the satellite navigation screen often goes completely white and is being fixed for a whopping £1500! According… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have always wanted a Range Rover 2.5 Turbo Diesel...”

Written on: 25/04/2005 by rswales (1 review written)

I have always wanted a Range Rover 2.5 Turbo Diesel 4x4 and I finally sucumbed to temptation. The 2.5 diesel turbo BMW engine with manual gearbox is the most economical of the bunch so is probably the best choice at 20 to 30 mpg.

It looks the part and the driving position is great. I never get used to looking down at the lights to see the next driver through his sunroof!

But the build quality is abysmal. In six months (and with a good history of servicing etc) this 4x4 has got through two… Read Full Review

Wdf's Response to rswales's Review

Written on: 16/09/2005

yes, having worked on the P38a rangerover I would agree there are a lot of complicated 'toys' that are expensive and difficult to repair... usally resulting in buying a brand new genuine part to overcome the problem.... hence the price. Luckily, non-franchised dealers can now get some parts for the P38a... helping to keep the costs down. I am thinking of getting a P38a but will be removing the air suspension and getting the coil spring conversion...

Rangerover1's Response to rswales's Review

Written on: 06/03/2011

sorry, but I don't agree about the susspention, the air bags are part of what makes a Rangie...

Trev150's Response to rswales's Review

Written on: 19/11/2006

£500 ish to convert the unreliable air suspension to coil springs, a worthy investment.
<br/>
<br/>Apart from that, the Range Rover 2.5 Turbo Diesel is a great car.

Mkeith2936's Response to rswales's Review

Written on: 20/05/2006

WDF is right, use non franchised dealers and parts where ever possible, you'll save cash and find replacement parts that are often better designed and made than the original. The coil sprung suspension is a case in point. This goes for all Land Rover products.