Goodmans GSR-80 Reviews

• Sound Quality

Summary

Fm
Digital Tuner Type
Lcd Display
20 Am/fm Station Presets
Goodmans GSR-80 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Goodmans GSR-80

☆☆☆☆☆
Goodmans GSR-80

“Terrible reception, i am suppose to be in a good...”

Written on: 25/02/2008 by al may (4 reviews written)

Terrible reception, i am suppose to be in a good reception area impossible to listen to. it turns it self off, i should have taken it back,but to late now, total waste of money… Read Full Review

Goodmans GSR-80

“I bought this Goodmans GSR-80 receiver since it...”

Written on: 03/05/2005 by BLACK ANGEL 6 (1 review written)

I bought this Goodmans GSR-80 receiver since it operated on batteries my Evoke 1 is mains only. The Evoke 1 receives all digital services in my area. I switched on the Goodmans and got no response except broken audio as it struggled to receive stations. Taking the radio outside and around the house I could not locate a position of good reception. The receiver lacks sensitivity. When I eventually found a position where I received Radio 4 sound was very tinny. After 5 mins reception ceased as the… Read Full Review

Goodmans GSR-80

“The Goodmans GSR-80 represents excellent value for money.”

Written on: 22/01/2005 by DOGMOED (4 reviews written)

The Goodmans GSR-80 represents excellent value for money… Read Full Review

Goodmans GSR-80

“I must say when I bought this Goodmans GSR-80 radio...”

Written on: 26/12/2004 by Stenners (1 review written)

I must say when I bought this Goodmans GSR-80 radio for £69.99 I wasn't expecting much. But when I opened it up I was plesently suprised to see audio-out options, I was like 'great if the speakers suck I can put them into decent ones.'

When I turned on the screen I was pleasantly suprised as it automatically searched for stations without having to lift a finger and it was all set-up without pressing one button.

The radio is both battery and mains compatible (mains included) which is also a… Read Full Review

Goodmans GSR-80

“I bought a Goodmans GSR-80 expecting clear reception...”

Written on: 07/06/2004 by Paul99 (1 review written)

I bought a Goodmans GSR-80 expecting clear reception and good sound quality, mainly with a view to listening to 'voice' radio rather than music.

On my first radio the LCD screen did not function at all so I exchanged it for a another one. The second radio had a tendancy to turn itself off now and then (on mains operation) which was a bit annoying but the main let down was the reception and sound quality.

The sound quality always sounded a bit 'muffled' and I felt a tone control would have… Read Full Review

Radio Daze's Response to 158028_Paul99's Review

Written on: 26/07/2004

Have to agree, this Radio is a real Dog.
<br>Picked one up the other day in my local Kwik Save for £39.99, seemed like a bargain!.
<br>Goodmans must have worked really hard to produce a radio that sounds as bad as this one!.
<br>The DAB audio is awful, sounds like it is lying face down on a cushion, and FM audio keeps dropping out due to breakthrouh from local radio pagers.
<br>Only buy one if really cheap, and you are desperate, taking mine back for refund, rubbish!!!.

Goodmans GSR-80

“I have the Pure Digital Tempus-1 DAB Digital Radio,...”

Written on: 12/02/2004 by spinnaker (1 review written)

I have the Pure Digital Tempus-1 DAB Digital Radio, which is excellent in all respects, except that it is mains operated only. I wanted a cheaper battery- operated alternative and chose this Goodmans GSR-80 DAB. I was very disappointed at first as reception (commented on in another review and in What Hi-Fi) seemed poor, even though the Tempus-1 is always 100%. This only lasted for the first evening however and for a week now I have had perfect reception in every room in the house. Bad… Read Full Review

Dominic Shields's Response to spinnaker's Review

Written on: 29/04/2004

I bought one of these Goodmans sets from Comet in March to listen to the Test cricket on Talk Sport, I hated the design and weight but was prepared to live with it. However on use (in Cardiff) I found that the reception was abysmal and Talk Sport in particular at a whopping 64KB/Sec mono was dreadful - breaking up and fading in and out. To their credit Comet refunded without question when I returned it. The other issue with Digital Radio is this one
<br>
<br>http://www.whathifi.com/newsMainTemplate.asp?newssectionID=2&storyID=109
<br>
<br>The snag is that in the perception of the average well-informed person the word "Digital" spells "Perfection", it doesn't, in this context it means "Not Analogue".

Goodmans GSR-80

“I decided to take the plunge and treat myself to a new...”

Written on: 28/12/2003 by bremenbecks (1 review written)

I decided to take the plunge and treat myself to a new digital radio. I wanted something under £100, that worked on batteries as well as mains - (I like to listen to my radio in the bath), sounded great and looked good. Quite a tall order!
Like every savvy consumer, I did my usual research on the internet and plodded my way around my local Currys, Dixons etc.

I had a look at the Evoke 1 and Intempo models. Neither of these took my fancy with boxy retro styling, only mains operation and a… Read Full Review

Goodmans GSR-80

“I purchased this Goodmans GSR-80 DAB radio along with...”

Written on: 30/11/2003 by apprentice (1 review written)

I purchased this Goodmans GSR-80 DAB radio along with 2 other products (Intempo PG-01 and Bush DABCR2003) so I could compare a range of radios. It was difficult to find the GSR-80 in the shops, maybe because it is a new model.

First impressions were good, with regards to specification, its shiny chrome solid looks (a change from wooden cabinets) slim design and mains/battery operation. It was relatively easy to set up and the bright blue screen was very clear. I liked the Line-Out socket… Read Full Review

Xtopher's Response to apprentice's Review

Written on: 21/12/2003

I am irritated by the fact I saw this radio in Argos Christmas catalogue after I got it from Nevada so it cost me more than it should have! I sent my first one back as it kept switching itself off at random often after several hours. This first one was very impressive especially on FM but my digital area is poor. However i didn't want to purchase old technology. The second replacement seems to be worse in FM; much more hiss and a constant rythmic scratching! Don't know if this is the radio or the reception. My old rotary tuning Hitachi 20 years old is better on FM! So not much improvement! The dig radio is however a very good solid build and looking unit and beautiful to operate. I have to say my initial reaction was that this is THE portable radio I have been waiting for all these years.
<br>xtopher, music nut