Rarity, York Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Rarity, York - Ask a question now

“Put simply, the restaurant, Rarity, lacks any kind of...”

Written on: 04/11/2006 by lizziedoll (1 review written)

Put simply, the restaurant, Rarity, lacks any kind of atmosphere. The waiting staff were uncharismatic, inattentive (ignored when trying to order more drinks) and clumsy, plus the food was disappointing considering the cost. We were sat at a table at the back of the restaurant, in full view was an untidy desk area with cleaning solutions, paper towels, etc.

I ate there last night for the first time and won't be going back. I had a bad feeling the minute I walked through the door. Due to the… Read Full Review

“It took a while to find a good seafood restaurant in...”

Written on: 10/04/2005 by taliz (1 review written)

It took a while to find a good seafood restaurant in York but then we came accross Rarity Steak & Seafood Restaurant.
At first I thought Steak & Seafood was an odd combination. However, after both men ordered Steak and both women ordered seafood I realised it worked quite well.
There was a good selection on the wine list and a lot of names I had not come accross before.
For starters I had the Spiced Mussels whilst Marie opted for the Dressed Crab. Both men Had the Pate, but complained there was… Read Full Review