Vauxhall Corsa SXI Reviews

Vauxhall Corsa SXI - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Corsa SXI

Vauxhall Corsa SXI
Vauxhall Corsa SXI

“I have had this car for almost a year now. I take my...”

Written on: 11/09/2008 by spampie (3 reviews written)

I have had this car for almost a year now. I take my last review back the car is horrible. it has been in for repairs about 10 times in the past year. For engine problems. Faulty electronics, and most unbelivbly, the door fell off when I tryed to open it. If you can get a newer Corsa if you can mine is a 02 reg 1 previous owner who bearly used it, and it still fallin apart… Read Full Review

Peto01's Response to spampie's Review

Written on: 21/09/2008

Not the most reliable. I had 4 for my driving school over the last 8 years) of the old shape (pre2007) and they were getting less reliable. The handbrakes are a joke, badly designed cable run means most girls can't hold it on a steepish hill.

“Very good drive this is my first car I have ever bought. ”

Written on: 17/10/2007 by spampie (3 reviews written)

Very good drive this is my first car I have ever bought.

I haven't passed my test yet, I got it as a present from my parents to practice in and i am so happy with the buy.

I dont think I'm going change from this for a while, it's that good… Read Full Review

“I bought my 05 reg Vauxhall Corsa SXi (1.2 16V) in...”

Written on: 30/03/2007 by corsasxi (1 review written)

I bought my 05 reg Vauxhall Corsa SXi (1.2 16V) in February 2007, after owning an R reg Corsa Breeze (1.4 8V), and I cannot fault it one bit! I absolutely love my car...

I'm no car expert, but it handles well, loves corners and it is very nippy! I recently had an Astra SXi as a company hire car, and my Corsa is quicker than the Astra!!

Not only is it quick, but it looks super stylish and cool without costing too much on insurance, and without looking "chavvy"...

I would recommend this car to… Read Full Review

Corsasxi16V's Response to corsasxi's Review

Written on: 06/06/2010

hi ive got a corsa sxi 1.2 and i love it but my exhaust is too big and i dont think it will pass the mot so i was just wondering what type of exhaust you have and where would i get one thanks

“Great little car, and would recommend it to anyone....”

Written on: 16/01/2007 by hannahlou (1 review written)

Great little car, and would recommend it to anyone. This would be great for a 1st time driver as very cheap on insurance. It drives well and quick on take off if car isn't full. It handles well even in the wet and is just a great all round car! Overall the car is great and I definitely made the right choice and got my moneys worth!… Read Full Review

“I bought the Vauxhall Corsa SXI March 06 and I like...”

Written on: 05/04/2006 by jonesysxi (1 review written)

I bought the Vauxhall Corsa SXI March 06 and I like the car. I've poly bushed as much as possible to sort the handling so it will go round corners as fast as possible… Read Full Review

“I bought my 51 plate Vauxhall Corsa SXi in August 2005...”

Written on: 06/09/2005 by tom richards (1 review written)

I bought my 51 plate Vauxhall Corsa SXi in August 2005 and since then nothing has gone wrong. Every thing about the car is perfect to me. The buttons on the steering wheel makes for easy changing of tracks on the CD player. The top speed of the car is amazing to say it is only a 1.2 litre 16v engine… Read Full Review

“I bought my Vauxhall Corsa SXI 52 plate with 10000...”

Written on: 01/12/2004 by nicholasdownes (4 reviews written)

I bought my Vauxhall Corsa SXI 52 plate with 10000 miles in October 2004. It had below the average mileage and is immaculate for £5500. I bought the corsa because my Astra Bertone Coupe was costing me a fortune in petrol, insurance and tyres. Let me tell you I was glad to see the back of that car, if I'd of kept it I'm pretty much sure I would have lost my license at some stage.

It was a bit of a hard decision to choose a small cheap car, I had originally looked at the Corsa SRI but got a… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/12/2004

Update from the author:
<br>
<br>1) Brilliant discovery - while cornering fast for example at islands a tap of the brake will bring the back end round, get back on the throttle to snap it back into line. Brilliant fun, requires some experience to get right otherwise your gonna spin, but car handles it well. No chasis role, flex, or negative suspension feedback.
<br>
<br>2) had four large men in the corsa, still whipped a 1.6 escort. not at all bad when car is loaded, also had two full size rifles, in padded cases, with all associated gear neatly packed in the boot.
<br>
<br>3) Managing 300, 330, 350miles per tank. This is by all accounts average, the normal is 330 miles on 44 litres which means 34mpg. Taking into account sub zero temperatures, the long time it takes the small ecotek to warm up, the short journies and start stop of town driving this is all reasonable.
<br>
<br>4) Enquired about some lowering springs. £200 gets me P.I. 35 or 45mm lowering springs 25-35% stiffer than factory units. I'd probably choose the 35mm kit for lonlivity. The price includes fitting and all geometry checks. If anyone can beat this let me know, I live in the East Midlands.
<br>Nick.

Written on: 14/02/2005

The Corsa is now on over 14,000 miles and has been through its first service. I took it to a local motor engineers, Forsters engineering in Hucknall Nottinghamshire, and he as always made a really good job. It cost £200 all said and done which is equal or less than what some dealerships will charge and to be honest I dont think I'd trust any of the Nottingham Vauxhall dealerships as far as I could throw the showrooms.
<br>
<br>The car continues to run well and continues to entertain me. One problem has been the ecotek clean burn valve which despite the locking nut adjusts itself continuously. As this is a slow process after a week or so it becomes obvious that power is down, so the valve has to be readjusted. Its a pain, but I wouldn't let it put anyone off. Opt for the additional pipercross filter otherwise if you go off road the valve has a tedancy to get splashed with dirt very easily.
<br>
<br>As for the car I've kept it clean inside and out and plan to do so for another year or so, then I plan to sell it and settle my finance. As far as depreciation goes I paid £5500 for this car and can expect £5200 now at best, in a year I expect something over £4000 depending on condition and how good the new Corsa, launched in 2006, is.

Written on: 06/01/2005

Because the Corsa is due a service on the 15th January I decided to change the airfilter as my first modification. I looked at induction kits and decided that £80 was too much to pay. Afterall the Corsa's standard airbox can be removed by hand and an induction filter simply bolted on in its place. So I picked up a Max Power branded foam filter which comes with all adapters and fittings necessary and simply bolted it on to the air flow meter. After fixing all loose hoses etc in place with ties I bedded it down over some 150 miles.
<br>
<br>Replacing the standard air box makes a massive difference to the engine. Throttle responce is far quicker, engine power / torque feel higher, and a lovely metallic roar replaces the girly whine the Corsa comes with as standard. All you need to do this work is 10min, a good screwdriver and some fastenings, the elements cost £20-£25 from most motorworld / halfords. Go for foam filters as they work better with smaller capacity engines in my experience.
<br>
<br>As a final consideration I still use the warm air from the original intake, just manouever the pipe that went to the old air box to point upto the induction filter to help it warm up in the mornings. The increased torque the induction filter gives the 1.2 also seems to stick the tyres to the road better eliminating a lot of the steering problems the car comes with as standard.
<br>
<br>A week or so later I added a clean burn valve from ecotoek. Out of the two modifications I expected this to make the most difference due to the hype. It cost double the price of the induction mod but doesn't seem to be doing as much good yet. I keep tuning it but it insists on making a whistling noise when revs are dropping. I'm now going to give it another quater turn down and let it settle for another 200 miles but I would not recommend this mod for a Corsa. At present it feels like its actually leaning off the mixture too much as the same valve is universal and designed to work with capacities upto 2.6 litres. If you do decide to run this mod make sure you ensure no audible noise can be heard from it under normal driving conditions. I do not expect any more power from it but it does save on fuel.
<br>
<br>All in all I guess the 1.2 is now a touch over 80bhp and around 80lb ft torque. However i am not using any more fuel because of the ecotek valve, so perhaps the two mods balance each other out.

Written on: 07/12/2004

Just completed a trip on the Motorway. Did about 100miles at 80mph which equates to some four and a half thousand rpm. Did 365miles to the tank, which means the little Corsa can handle the motorway too.

“I have a facelift Vauxhall Corsa SXI 1.0. The engine...”

Written on: 14/09/2004 by karmakiller82 (1 review written)

I have a facelift Vauxhall Corsa SXI 1.0. The engine is suprisingly nippy. 0-60 is a bit rubbish, but its good for 110 flat out. Since taking delivery in September in last year, it has been back 23 times for the brakes, transmission and rubbish ICE but its sorted now on warrenty. I have added a straight through exhaust system, and Pro Ram induction kit, which has given me more power and torque. Dont disregard the little engined Corsa's, I think they are great!… Read Full Review

“I Bought my Vauxhall Corsa S.X.I in June 2003 with 1...”

Written on: 29/11/2003 by jimmy2times (2 reviews written)

I Bought my Vauxhall Corsa S.X.I in June 2003 with 1 years free insurance (fully Comprehensive). The free insurance allowed me to have anything upto £1000 extra added on, so I went for the Irmscher kit, which consists of front spoiler, twin exhaust back box, rear spoiler, fuel flap cover, Irmscher badge £860 and fully factory painted and fitted.
Other models available 1.4 sri & luxury versions etc, 1.8sri & next year gsi 1.6 turbo (so i hear.) good price as opposed to the 1800cc sri. 1.4l comes… Read Full Review

Michaelcharlton121's Response to jimmy2times's Review

Written on: 10/12/2003

Hi i was thinking about buying a corsa sxi and your review swung it for me.
<br>Thanks for the help.

Vauxhall Centre Lad's Response to jimmy2times's Review

Written on: 20/06/2005

I have just purchased a Vauxhall Corsa SXI with an Irmscher body kit fitted, i find it very reliable and very confortable. I also work for Vauxhall in Milton Keynes and to be honest, apart from the Vauxhall Monaro 6.0L V8 and the VXR220 I find that the Corsa SXI is the next best and most reliable Vauxhall I would recommend anyone to buy one. They are on speciall offer in Milton Keynes so if your interested in one come and get on quick before they stop producing them...

Susanw123's Response to jimmy2times's Review

Written on: 27/02/2004

I bought my Sxi may 2002, had so many problems with it, i don\'t think i\'d buy another one though.
<br>I\'ve got the irmscher lower front skirt, irmscher side skirts, irmscher rear lower bumper skirt, steinmetz front grille, light smoked tinted windows, lowered 40mm all around and sits on 17\" alloys. Inside i\'ve got a ps2 with dvd screen mouted to the roof lining.
<br>Corsa\'s are great fun (Apart from the year worth of problems i had) and have some great optional extra\'s that you can add on to give them a bit of individuality and character.