Dell Inspiron 1000 Reviews

• Battery Life

Dell Inspiron 1000 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dell Inspiron 1000

Dell Inspiron 1000

“Dell Inspiron slow and high maintainence”

Written on: 29/05/2011 by ShubhravPhate (2 reviews written)

The Dell Inspiron is a good looking laptop and that is it. The processor is really slow and the screen quality is really bad. It's been 4 months since i bought it and i have give it for servicing two times and both times i had to suffer a loss of USD 50. It has been a problem since the day I have bought it… Read Full Review

Dell Inspiron 1000

“Dell is a good and famous brand , I like its product,...”

Written on: 12/03/2010 by money2012 (4 reviews written)

Dell is a good and famous brand , I like its product, And specially i like dell's laptop… Read Full Review

Dell Inspiron 1000

“it was the worlslaptop i have ever used it brok in 2...”

Written on: 24/10/2009

it was the worlslaptop i have ever used it brok in 2 hours when i opened 2 web pages and the manager said i was overusing it… Read Full Review

Dell Inspiron 1000

“This computer, along with most other Dell models, is...”

Written on: 27/09/2007 by aharlan1 (1 review written)

This computer, along with most other Dell models, is more hassle than it's worth. I would pay more to get something that lasts. I had to reinstall windows during my last week of finals during my college career, losing all of my research, papers, bibliographies etc. I was devastated. Dell's customer services is not at all invested in your computer. They are useless at best. None of their so called solutions worked for my computer. Today, after reinstalling windows multiple times, it sits useless… Read Full Review

Rheinsteinb's Response to 313736_aharlan1's Review

Written on: 30/03/2008

I do not agree with this review of Inspiron 1000, it's a gripe-fest by someone who had a bad experience with a Dell computer. <br/><br/>Tell us the features you like and don't like about the computer. If you had problems with Windows, what version of Windows was it and what happened? What hardware options were you running? Did you have virus protection? Was it something specific to this computer, or Dell, or was it more generic such that you have now sworn off all Windows machines in favor of Apple?<br/><br/>The Inspiron 1000 is a discontinued low-cost model as far as I am concerned. Limited options and battery life are some of the trade-offs to be made for the price. Given the cost it was a decent piece of hardware.

Dell Inspiron 1000

“I was 6 weeks ago a complete stranger to all things...”

Written on: 08/06/2005 by glennys (2 reviews written)

I was 6 weeks ago a complete stranger to all things computerised. I purchased the Dell Inspiron 1000 to haul myself into the 21st century--Its certainly done that. I now surf, email, edit digital photos, process videos from my DV camcorder, talk to family across the world via web cam. This has been possible because of the ease of use of the Dell laptop and it never matters if I press the wrong key--well its never crashed yet. I will certainly be purchasing another Dell laptop when the time… Read Full Review

Dell Inspiron 1000

“My Dell Inspiron 1000 Specs - ”

Written on: 31/05/2005 by jasonbatchelor90 (1 review written)

My Dell Inspiron 1000 Specs -
56k modem
1 Ethernet Port
1 Tv/out port
1 card slot

I bought my notebook on 17th Novemver 2004. The notebook is relatively good but there are some issues which must be addressed. Firstly, when I recieved the notebook it had a small dot on the screen which I believed was just a peice of dust, it turned out to be a dead pixel. I called Dell who said

Headtrip's Response to jasonbatchelor90's Review

Written on: 06/02/2007

I think you can not blame Dell for the poor performance of your machine. 256Mb RAM is the MINIMUM needed to run XP, and I would say most people have double that and more (if you did that, I bet you your system speed would double). I'm also sorry to hear about your pixel problem too, but I don't know how they could fix that without sending the unit in for service.
<br/>
<br/>Also, you said you had a Celeron, not a Celeron-M processor. That would explain the very poor battery life. If you upgrade to the mobile processor, you should be able to at least double your battery life too. The best thing to do before buying a laptop is study what things you want, and actually see it before you buy (at a store, or a friends), and then you know what you're getting.