Hay on Wye, Baskerville Hall Hotel Reviews

Hay on Wye, Baskerville Hall Hotel - Ask a question now

“amazing weekend away ”

Written on: 23/03/2014 by Bu7ch3r (1 review written)

On arrival we were beautifully greeted by Cilla with a big smile and we felt very welcome :) Our room was amazing and the hall it's self is beautiful and you don't feel like you can't have a walk around to take in all that the hall has to offer, plus, Swimming pool, saunas, bar, restaurant and wifi areas are available. Tim was so helpful with organising last Minute activities for us, nothing was to much trouble at all, We have booked to stay again for the festival they have at the end of… Read Full Review

“My Daughter held her wedding reception at Baskerville...”

Written on: 12/08/2009

My Daughter held her wedding reception at Baskerville Hall Hotel on 8th August 2009.We booked the hotel on an exclusitivity basis for 3days from 7th August until 9th August inclusive.A small party of us stayed on 6th August as well,The management,staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful during our stay-nothing to much trouble.Food was excellent,the Wedding breakfast superb the whole weekend was wonderful.
Anyone thinking of booking a wedding ,or just a special weekend,I can recommend… Read Full Review

“This Baskerville Hall hotel was a real let down for...”

Written on: 28/04/2009 by apple pie (1 review written)

This Baskerville Hall hotel was a real let down for us. Our room was dated and dirty with an awful salmon en suite ( shower tiles were grubby)and holes in the plaster at intervals in the main bedroom area. Lampshades full of dust and cobwebs.
Towels were of poor quality and lacking and bed was uncomfortable and felt damp.

Lots of noise and banging music from on site disco which went on til the early hours and prevented any sort of restful sleep.
Breakfast just about okay, although we only… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Constant Boom Boom Boom of rave music went on till 4...”

Written on: 24/10/2008 by dilwyn (1 review written)

Constant Boom Boom Boom of rave music went on till 4 am. Shouting, banging and drunken singing went on until breakfast time. Someone was sick outside our bedroom door. People were urinating and throwing up in the car park. Breakfast was pre-cooked help yourself affair. Also we were made to wear plastic hospital style ID tags.
We were booked in for three nights but only stayed for one and that was an ordeal! A Butlins 70s weekend is more upmarket than this place and at a third of the cost!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Booked this hotel as it was steeped in history and...”

Written on: 22/10/2008 by karen garnham (1 review written)

Booked this hotel as it was steeped in history and looked great and being my partners birthday thought it would be a great place to stay for our 3 nights! We only stayed the one night it was awful. It looked great on their website! How wrong we were! Breakfast was equally awful. We left and found somewhere far better in Hay… Read Full Review

“Baskerville Hall was a chance find. We were taking a...”

Written on: 15/10/2008 by CJKelleher (1 review written)

Baskerville Hall was a chance find. We were taking a group of kids rock climbing last minute and decided to get away from it all. Found this hotel which was a right touch as it allowed dogs so my hound joined in and visited sherlock holmes fame! We booked a basic room and when we arrived tired and ready for food we were informed they had given us a free upgrade.... Result. OMG size of bath we jumped in with a glass of wine! Went for food and told restaurant closed but they whipped us up… Read Full Review

“We had gone to Baskerville Hall Hotel to camp but due...”

Written on: 20/08/2008

We had gone to Baskerville Hall Hotel to camp but due to the weather decided to take a room. We were offered a dormitory style room with 4 sets of bunk beds, and a shower room with toilet. The room was basic but clean and comfortable.
A glimpse of some of the other rooms showed them to be a little dated in the decor but that added to their character.
The thing that impressed me most was the staff, never once did I get the impression that they were not happy to be there, and they were always… Read Full Review

“We chose this hotel because of it`s proximity to the...”

Written on: 05/09/2007 by Donhill (1 review written)

We chose this hotel because of it`s proximity to the "Kilvert" trail which we intended following, and it`s claimed association with Conan Doyle, another of our interests. In both these respects we felt we had chosen well. The hotel has an air of faded elegance, perhaps not best served by some of the attempts made to make good the deficiencies… Read Full Review

“My wife and I totally enjoyed our stay the Baskerville...”

Written on: 25/08/2007 by mrspivvy (2 reviews written)

My wife and I totally enjoyed our stay the Baskerville Hall Hotel. We had a very quiet and relaxing time, the only disappointment we had was that all the "uniquely styled" executive rooms were booked, we were looking forward to a 70's style 'huggy bear' apartment room!
For the price, I would recommend this place to anyone. Do not expect Hilton standards at this price, it's very much a unique experience and we loved it. Can't wait to go back… Read Full Review

“I found the Baskerville Hall Hotel in Hay on Wye, to...”

Written on: 31/08/2005 by vkenneyv (1 review written)

I found the Baskerville Hall Hotel in Hay on Wye, to be very clean, and the food was good too. The service was great, and all of the staff were friendly! My children loved it, and I would definitely stay here again!
10/10… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I'd booked Baskerville Hall Hotel for a special treat...”

Written on: 28/03/2005 by gillianbc (9 reviews written)

I'd booked Baskerville Hall Hotel for a special treat for my husband's 40th and we've also been together 20yrs so I wanted something a bit luxurious and memorable. I'd asked for a whirlpool bath and a four-poster room, but they said they hadn't got any available, but they did offer me an 'executive room'. It sounded promising. Picture the scene - we arrived after dark and drove up a wonderful avenue of old trees with banks of daffodils. The full moon was shining through the branches of a… Read Full Review

Dave101's Response to gillianbc's Review

Written on: 01/07/2005

Just to mention that the Baskerville _HALL_ hotel has no connection to the Baskerville _ARMS_ Hotel & Pub a mile or so away. We stayed at the Baskerville *Arms* and found it very comfortable and friendly; food is good, and there is no disco! In fact, no juke box or pool table either, just a relaxed atmosphere.

Gillianbc's Response to gillianbc's Review

Written on: 05/05/2006

I'm sorry that you had a similar experience to us - it's such a waste of precious holiday time and money. I'm going to read others' reviews before I book anywhere in future - thank goodness for this website.

Gipwol's Response to gillianbc's Review

Written on: 03/05/2006

I totally agree with the reviewer - we stayed at Baskerville Hall expecting a lovely relaxing break, maybe a dip in the swimming pool etc. The entrance is fab but inside its a glorified youth hostel - our room was appalling, we carried our luggage up several flights of stairs to a little box room with 3 beds in, dead flies at the window, tiny bathroom - yuk! The staff were friendly enough but the place is awful.