GEM Motoring Assist Breakdown Cover Reviews

• Customer service

GEM Motoring Assist Breakdown Cover - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for GEM Motoring Assist Breakdown Cover

GEM Motoring Assist Breakdown Cover

“Speedy service with aftercare.”

Written on: 19/05/2016 by Hatchct424 (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

Just renewed for another year with GEM as i have both a car and a light van. Van failed to start one day last month (April 2016) Called Gem who sent out recovery to a remote area within 40 mins, van still would not start so loaded onto lorry and taken to my local garage. Gem called me about an hour later from first initial call to see if everything was ok and to see if they could assist further. I liked the follow up call, shows they care if i'm stranded or not. Keep up the good work. Highly… Read Full Review

Written on: 19/05/2016

Dear GEM Member,

As you will know, GEM has been providing a first class service to its members since 1932 and as an independent membership association we always strive to put the needs of our members first.

Having been voted the UK’s ‘Best Buy in Breakdown’ for 6 of the past 8 years by the Auto Express Driver Power survey we know we have to work hard to continually improve and maintain our service levels.

In these busy times, the fact that you have taken the trouble to confirm that our efforts are working is a great encouragement to us all.

“Breakdown recovery service”

Written on: 04/05/2016 by Lizzie444 (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

Excellent service once again from GEM Motoring Assist. Our Mondeo broke down and had to be recovered to our local garage. I submitted a claim form for reimbursement of recovery cost and received this within a few days. Have nothing but praise for the professionalism of this company. Would recommend unreservedly… Read Full Review

Gem Motoring Assist's Response to Lizzie444's Review

Written on: 10/05/2016

Chief Executive

“Speedy and efficient service”

Written on: 26/04/2016 by Chris321321 (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

After 4yrs without needing to use GEM's breakdown cover I used it for the first time on the weekend. Car broke down on my way home from a short journey and GEMs customer service on the phone was excellent and I had a mechanic arrive within 45mins. The issue could obviously not be resolved on the roadside so he ordered a tow which then arrived within 30mins. I use the reclaim service so I paid by card which was also easy. On the Tuesday I submitted the claim and within about 4hrs I had received… Read Full Review

Gem Motoring Assist's Response to Chris321321's Review

“Usual brilliant service.”

Written on: 21/04/2016 by Parkerog85 (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

Help arrived within twenty minutes of calling. The mechanic worked patiently in releasing the bonnet which was jammed. He put me at my ease and had the car working in no time. Extremely pleasant and efficient man. Nothing I didn't like. Two people have joined Gem on my recommendation… Read Full Review

Chief Executive

“ Great Response to Wife's SOS”

Written on: 20/04/2016 by Brokedown (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

When my wife was an hour from home and went through a small gap at a junction and accidentally rammed a sharp curb and instantly punctured a front tyre I received the frantic phone call. The GEM call handler was excellent arranging a local breakdown who arrived very promptly, I think 15 minutes, and changed the wheel for my wife. the call handler phoned my wife twice to ensure she was okay and to make sure the car was sorted. An excellent contractor was used and my wife was very impressed as… Read Full Review

Gem Motoring Assist's Response to Brokedown's Review

Written on: 21/04/2016

Gem Motoring Assist's Response to Brokedown's Review

“Damsel in Distress”

Written on: 13/04/2016 by johnwedlake (2 reviews written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

On two separate occasions it was necessary to ask GEM for assistance in starting two different cars. The response was, as always, very fast and the assistance arrived well within an hour. The service was exceptional; the mechanics were superb and went out of their way to be helpful. Claiming the money back was simple and effective, even though I managed to mislay the receipts for a few months. That didn't seem to bother GEM and I have nothing but praise for the way they operate. I I have… Read Full Review

Gem Motoring Assist's Response to johnwedlake's Review

“Damsel in Distress”

Written on: 13/04/2016 by johnwedlake (2 reviews written)

“Hybrid wouldn't start”

Written on: 09/04/2016 by Angely56 (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

The company that actually did the work was called Powerpark Recovery, local to Banbury in Oxfordshire. I was not aware until then that GEM subcontracted out the vehicle recovery. The guy came along about 40 minutes after I 'phoned. I had been doing lots of very short runs and the CAR battery had run down. Nothing to do with the DRIVE battery. He was able to contact someone who knew about these cars and although even to this day I do not know WHERE the car battery is, (neither did he), he was… Read Full Review

“Just got on with it and got the job done”

Written on: 08/04/2016 by Bellic102 (1 review written)

Called at 7.30am, arrived by 8.15. At work by 9.20am!… Read Full Review

Chief Executive

“ If I had remembered to take my mobile phone with me...”

Written on: 08/04/2016 by CarolynPearson (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

If I had remembered to take my mobile phone with me when my car broke down I would not have been rather agitated by the time spent answering all your questions about this aged member! A very kind person allowed me to use her mobile to summon your help so I was anxious to keep the call as short as possible. All my own silly fault. Moral: Always carry your phone, charged, of course. Your service is of course, faultless… Read Full Review

Chief Executive

“Flat battery, domestic quarrel averted!”

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

After Himself left the headlights on in my car while we were in the pub we of course had a flat battery and emotions (mine) were running high! Rang GEM, straight through to the operator who was very sympathetic. The lovely Reliance breakdown man phoned us to make sure he knew exactly where we were, then he arrived well within the hour and jump-started us in a few seconds. We of course also had the phone call from the operator checking everything was OK, which is very reassuring. All done and… Read Full Review

“Recovery of car”

Written on: 07/04/2016 by Larryr147 (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

The didn't like first Your reviews say how great your service is that's why we have three cars on break down cover, with you, so I was very disappointed to hear my wife phoned for recovery to be told to go through our insurance company, The did likes ,the recovery vehicle arrived in good time,and the driver was pleasant to talk to even at one thirty in the morning, he loaded and delivered our car in a very professional manner… Read Full Review

Dear GEM Member,

Firstly Thank you so much for taking the time to say such encouraging things about the service we provide.

Secondly, If you would like to contact us with your full name and membership number we will certainly do our best to investigate your wife's incident further.

Thank you once again for your support of our special club.

I hope I can look forward to hearing from you in order to initiate the investigation .

Chief Executive

“all included in the menbership”

Written on: 07/04/2016 by 466Bennett (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

flat tyre on estate car on my farm-low loader from subcontractor arrived as described.... taken to tyre repair unit Dentons in Dumfriesand all sorted for a tenner for patch valve and balancing - we weren't sure what is covered under repairs but we're sure tyres weren't.. we did question why GEM got a low loader to come out when the tyre repair service have a call out service that would have been cheaper than the low loader but ours is not to reason why. Car had winter tyres so we're aware… Read Full Review

“Speedy service ”

Written on: 06/04/2016

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

Excellent service 25 mins from phone call to being on breakdown truck, Driver was excellent too would definitely recommend this service to friends and family… Read Full Review

“Really good service”

Written on: 06/04/2016 by BrittanyAlexander (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

Car broke down, so I called GEM motoring assist. Within 20 minutes the recovery truck arrived, and an hour later I was back home, with my car. Within two days of sending my claim for reimbursement of the recovery cost (paid by card), I received an e-mail to say that my claim had been accepted and the BACs payment would be with me within three days. Now that is what I call EXCELLENT SERVICE ! Well done, GEM… Read Full Review

“CALL OUT SERVICE”

Written on: 05/04/2016 by DMARBAY (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

i had problem with starting vehicle. I rang gem recovery service for assistance. the engineer arrived in half an hour and diagnose the problem of faulty starter motor.he helped to tow my vehicle to start, i then manage to drive to our local garage to have starter motor replaced. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH GEM MOTORING BREAKDOWN SERVICE. … Read Full Review

Gem Motoring Assist's Response to DMARBAY's Review

Chief Executive

“I had no problem with the breakdown assistance or the...”

Written on: 05/04/2016 by Ana453 (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

I had no problem with the breakdown assistance or the recovery but the length of time that it took was considerably longer than I was led to believe it would take . I believe that this was because I initially asked for recovery but was asked if I required assistance being new to your company I said assistance thinking that the whole bundle would be recovery/assistance . When assistance finally arrived and told me that they could not help me they asked if I required recovery to which I said yes… Read Full Review

“Break down operative was first class, a classic mini...”

Written on: 05/04/2016 by lgbh68 (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

Break down operative was first class, a classic mini enthusiast and knowledgeable car mechanic. Control was friendly but had to be led to establish my position, room for improvement there… Read Full Review

“Usually great, not this time”

Written on: 02/04/2016 by kev12345 (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

I have had to use GEM several times, and they hve been fantastic every time. Unfortunately on this occassion, Gem were not great. Hving broke down on a live road, in a dangerous situation, I called GEM worried for my safety, expressing an emergency. The breakdown driver did not know the area and it took over an hour to reach me. Gem were very helpful, but I would recommend trying to find more local breakdown companies. I will not let this put me off using GEM however, as they are normally… Read Full Review

Gem Motoring Assist's Response to kev12345's Review

Written on: 04/04/2016

Dear Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

GEM has been a trusted, independent breakdown assistance provider for 40 years. I was sorry and disappointed to read that the service you received was below our usual standard.

If you would like to contact us with your full name and membership number we will certainly do our best to investigate this further.

David Williams MBE
Chief Executive

“Do not cover expectations ”

Written on: 01/04/2016 by Penfold0 (1 review written)

Visit www.motoringassist.com/

I would expect a woman traveling on her own to be recovered regardless of situation when stranded in a dark lane due to road conditions not clearly sighed unsuitable for motor vehicle and no feasible way of paying extra £60 charge for a (specialist ) vehicle ((pick up) to arive with a freight strap and tow her out of mud… Read Full Review

Gem Motoring Assist's Response to Penfold0's Review

Written on: 04/04/2016

Dear Member,

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

David Williams MBE