Toyota Land Cruiser LC4 D4D Manual Reviews

Toyota Land Cruiser LC4 D4D Manual - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toyota Land Cruiser LC4 D4D Manual

Toyota Land Cruiser LC4 D4D Manual
Toyota Land Cruiser LC4 D4D Manual

“the greatest disappointment ever”

Written on: 08/07/2011

I bought this car for 3 main reasons - (1) size - its a great family mover (2) local roads are bad and this seemed like an obvious choice, and (3) LC's are supposedly the best of the best in terms of reliability. Sadly, this last point proved false in my case. Engine made an awful clicking/rattling sound when new, which was explained to me by Toy. reps as a characteristic of the engine. This noise got progressively worst, when, as fate would have it, the engine would start cutting out when… Read Full Review

“On my second Land Cruiser LC4 from new. Tried others...”

Written on: 19/04/2009 by AP Building Design (1 review written)

On my second Land Cruiser LC4 from new. Tried others and nothing compares. I have the manual 6 speed for towing and preference, zooms off at the lights. Brilliant for touring as tow a twin axle Avondale Land ranger 7.5m caravan and pulls no problem easily reaches 60+ on up hill slip roads onto motorway and cruises like a dream. Prior to the Landcruisers I have had 5 previas since 1993 and can honestly say I have never been stranded or let down doing over 30,000 miles a year for pleasure and… Read Full Review

Krazykelt's Response to AP Building Design's Review

Written on: 27/08/2011

As a matter of interest do you find the cluch pressure to be high or is it light like on all other Toyota's i ahve a manual 6 speed LC3 and i find the cluch hard compaired to other vehicles.

“I love my Toyota "cruiser" and wouldn't drive anything...”

Written on: 26/03/2008 by debbiejohnson4 (1 review written)

I love my Toyota "cruiser" and wouldn't drive anything else. Space in rear seats. Can fit 3 child seats no bother. Space in boot. Height compared to being in a normal car. Torque, even in 6th gear! Amazing… Read Full Review

“Fantastic. I love the Toyota Land Cruiser. Took...”

Written on: 11/05/2005 by hdesign (1 review written)

Fantastic. I love the Toyota Land Cruiser. Took delivery of an LC2 AUTO through Acorn Car Finance last June. Since then I have done over 13,000 miles. Absolutely rock solid, zings along the motorway (abroad!!) happily at an indicated 100mph - wind roar not a factor even at this speed. Enormous fuel tank gives great range. Very relaxed, solid, just had its first service and it's used no oil. Big tyres means alloy wheels virtually impossible to "kerb". The ONLY gripe with this car is when in city… Read Full Review

“I took delivery of my LC4 in June, and have just...”

Written on: 26/11/2003 by eyemajic (2 reviews written)

I took delivery of my LC4 in June, and have just turned over 10,000 miles.
My previous car was a Volvo V70 D5 SE, so naturally, the XC90 was a serious option. However, long waiting lists and miserable dealer part-ex offers for my V70 put me off.
Plus, I wanted a vehicle that would launch my boat on a rocky beach, and the XC90's lack of low ratio gearbox put me off. I took a test drive in a Discovery, but the gear stick top came off in my hand, and the panel gap on the drivers door was three… Read Full Review

Eyemajic's Response to eyemajic's Review

Written on: 08/04/2004

Just turned over 20,000 miles; not a single problem. Still a good 3-4mm tread on all 4 tyres!! Not a squeak or rattle from anywhere.... engine loosened up more now: overtaking much safer!! What an under-rated vehicle this is.... I love it. Will post again at 30k or 40k (next 6-12 months!)

232626_Peter S Smith's Response to eyemajic's Review

Written on: 04/03/2006

I to had a td5 it leaked water from day one, six months later they still said "but its a land rover" sir. yes and all £21.000 of it. it still leaked the day i sold it after 11 times back to the dealer. now i have the LC4 its been back once in 18 months and that was for a service, bye land-rover until you wake up and don't still trade on the old green badge.

John Creedy's Response to eyemajic's Review

Written on: 12/10/2004

Taken delivery of exactly similar vehicle, and with almost exactly similar proposed usage, including RIB (rigid inflatable boat) launching and towing etc on slippery "slips" and shingle/sandy beaches. I love the car so far, with only one rather serious comment...as a seven seater (not for me) the rear compartment seats two persons who may need to exit in an emergency...but there is no way of opening the tail gate from inside! Serious stuff. Also I miss the raising tail window of my old Frontera. With a boat in tow, it will be much more difficult to use the rear luggage compartment.

Demzo's Response to eyemajic's Review

Written on: 06/07/2004

130,000 miles just coming up to 3 years old , never a problem, regular sensible priced service,
<br>built to last,will order another shortly

Eyemajic's Response to eyemajic's Review

Written on: 20/04/2004

Oops, correction. Tyres: 6mm rear, 5mm front. Unreal!
<br>Boss's Discovery TD5 ES broke down again last week at 28,000 miles.... it wouldn't go over 5mph!! New fuel injection system required: £1000+ as out of warranty (European import).
<br>I don't want to tempt fate *snigger* but I will be honest and post here if my wonderful LC ever does this!!