Booths Reviews

• Layout of shop

Booths - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Booths

“Ready meals.”

Written on: 21/10/2014 by PoorqualityBooths (1 review written)

I shop at Booths on a weekly basis in Settle. Now lets be honest this is not a discount store, its damn expensive but the range and quality of food is pretty good. However today I bought a ready meal, a Chilli Co Carne, that was apparently lovingly crafted by a husband and wife team of Michelin trained and starred chefs from Clitheroe to taste as good but better than the ones we could cook at home. Was it cheap? I will leave you to guess the answer on that. It was edible, admittedly but in no… Read Full Review

“Booths Style over Substance”

Written on: 08/10/2014 by Bowkers (1 review written)

I use to shop at Booths because it offered a different food choice alongside recognised brands but recently I have been incredibly disappointed to find the specialist offers are medico at best with designer brands ( Charlie Bingham Muntaz ect ) being less than average ) in both quality and value along with main brands being around 15 per cent plus more expensive than other like for like supermarkets and the incredible increase in percent on products over a relative short period ( Caviler… Read Full Review

“Not happy!”

Written on: 16/09/2014

I have always been going to Booths and I have always liked it. I went on Sunday at 9:40 and it opens at 9 or 9:30, I got 3 stuff and I went to the till to pay, I got told the kiosk tills openes at 10 so I went to the main tills and got told that they open at 10. What's the point of opening at 9 when your tills open at 10!?!?! There was people waiting but no one opened tills yet! A lady told me where to go and kept on telling us, after waiting for 15 minutes so I can pay for 3 things I don't… Read Full Review

Elissa123's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2014

Did they not explain about the Sunday laws and most supermarkets now open half an hour earlier for browsing only, it's not the staffs fault!! It does say on the sign outside"

“Rip Off”

Written on: 15/04/2014 by Abbigail482 (1 review written)

The prices in this store are a joke and overpriced compared to its competitors. Save yourself some money and go somewhere else… Read Full Review

Mattell's Comment

Written on: 04/06/2014

Hi
In late 2013, Booths introduced a Price Match (loyalty) scheme for customers where we compare the prices to Asda, Sainsbury, Tesco and Waitrose. If you've paid more at Booths(subject to certain conditions - see Booths website for details), then we'll refund the difference as rewards on your Booths card !
Boths have also introduced a fair price for Milk where the Farmers obtain the best possible deal available - an ethical and responsible grocer.
Rgds
Matt Large
Management Accounting Controller
(Booths)

“Simply the Best!!!”

Written on: 27/09/2013 by prcrolla (2 reviews written)

After going in just for a chicken sandwich, I was very delighted and impressed with the high standard of customer service I received from the members of staff. It only took literally three seconds for a member of staff to greet me at the counter (after taking some chickens out of the oven) and my sandwich was made exactly to my preference and no ingredients skimmed. The member of staff was polite, courteous, and well mannered throughout and I could find no fault with the standard of… Read Full Review

“Rude staff.”

Written on: 21/08/2012 by Sagrie8 (1 review written)

I enquired about an American sauce/relish and it's availability in the UK. Staff member's reply was 'this isn't America'! Tried to complain but they don't seem to have a policy. … Read Full Review

Gillynot17Anymore's Response to Sagrie8's Review

Written on: 28/05/2013

Granted that wasn't an acceptable reply, but Booth's makes a point of supplying locally produced goods wherever possible.

“Christmas is coming - beware of the preordered x-mas...”

Written on: 17/11/2010

Christmas is coming - beware of the preordered x-mas turkeys. I ordered my turkey crown last year paying approx. £30 and was treated to a crown with a use by date of 26th Dec. Bit sad for a Christmas turkey.

Generally the store is good, the meat counter is particularly good and is why I use the store but as for the rest of the fresh produce in store you really must check all the dates as lots of the produce are regularly very close to the end of their shelf life… Read Full Review

Elissa123's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2014

It Christmas not on the 25 th dec anymore?

Roundlees's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2014

Christmas is indeed on the 25th December, however most people don't eat a whole turkey in one sitting!!!

“Very nice store, but I will not be going back. ”

Written on: 14/08/2010

Very nice store, but I will not be going back.

Why? We had lunch in their cafe and, as a result, overstayed the two hour limit in the car park (I hadn't noticed there was a time limit) and ended up with a £40 fine. As I've been away I missed the 10 day window to pay, and this has increased to £80 (£110 if I take another 10 days to pay!).

Totally ridiculous, and it has driven this customer away for good… Read Full Review

Cggcg's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2011

Just thought I would mention that these private car park fines play on shoppers ignorance! Just read the forums online. Also, if you have any trouble with a company, email the ceo directly for an immediate response. Email addresses usually available with a bit of googling.

Rodbaines's Comment

Written on: 13/09/2013

I totally agree! For a small family firm to employ such parking people is beyond belief. I was tricked by them and will not be visiting Booths again.

“I often shop at various booths stores. All are...”

Written on: 11/06/2010

I often shop at various booths stores. All are exceptional. Stores in Windermere, Kendal, Keswick, Ulverston, Kirby Lonsdale, Lytham and Settle are of particular note. If you can't locate a product then just ask the staff and watch in amazement at their helpful response and actions.

I find that their selection of local products is very impressive and the range of artisan goods is second to none. From beer and wine to fresh meats, locally caught fish, fine read and chocolate - all are treated… Read Full Review

“Booths have some good quality food and well priced...”

Written on: 11/06/2009

Booths have some good quality food and well priced meat but very expensive vegetables and fruit. Not impressed with their selection of other products either (e.g. couldn't find the suncream we needed... although it is perhaps not a neccessity in NW England!). We also marginally exceeded the 2hr free parking time limit on the carpark, and were fined £40 despite spending a lot of money in the store, which means we won't be going back any time soon… Read Full Review

Cggcg's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2011

Like I said to the other person - these fines are not always enforcable. Seek advice, google some forums and email Mr Booth directly.

“Each store is different and has its own character and...”

Written on: 22/09/2008

Each store is different and has its own character and each carries a slightly different range of extras e.g.stuff for walkers in the Lakes etc. I have shopped in half of their stores around the north west and I wish there was one in Leyland… Read Full Review

“The bad point I have mentioned above spoils an...”

Written on: 11/06/2008 by Joe Bournat (1 review written)

The bad point I have mentioned above spoils an otherwise good shopping experience. It should be put right without delay. It is for this reason I have given a low rating. This sort of thing just shouldn't happen… Read Full Review

“What can I say Booths are amazing. They treat you like...”

Written on: 09/02/2007 by Emma78 (1 review written)

What can I say Booths are amazing. They treat you like a person not just a wallet, nothing is too much of a problem for the staff.
They have stocked goods by local suppliers long before it became fashionable, same with organic, fairtrade etc.
They believe in good food which can sometimes mean you pay a premium, but I would rather pay for local potatoes, milk etc if it supports the area's economy and the farmers are getting a fair deal.
Booths are part of the community and compliment the town… Read Full Review

“My Booths Supermarket in Windermere has just undergone...”

Written on: 05/04/2005 by Maureen Brookes (2 reviews written)

My Booths Supermarket in Windermere has just undergone a major refurbishment with a brand new cafe and a generally fresher look. This small chain have their own brand and one of the best luxury brands I have ever come across. Their fresh food ranges from fresh local meat, bread, cheese and cooked meats including hot chickens and gammon joints. Their bakery buys the cakes from a local bakery and they taste lovely. I am very lucky to have this as my local supermarket as I believe that there are… Read Full Review

“Booths Supermarkets is a small chain of less than 30...”

Written on: 24/03/2005 by zzx27 (2 reviews written)

Booths Supermarkets is a small chain of less than 30 stores in the North West of England. 25% of the food is locally produced and it is a completely different experience to any other supermarket.

All prices are competitive with some good offers. Their own brand is excellent, their high quality brand, 'The Very Best of Booths' is even better. The quality of the fruit and vegetables is good and much of it is locally produced. If you visit the Lake District, try their Westmorland sausage from the… Read Full Review