Canon EOS 350D Reviews

Camera Type: SLR/Professional
Lens
Interchangeable Lens: Interchangeable Lenses
Digital Zoom: Without Digital Zoom
Focus Range: 11.02 in. to Infinity (w)
Focal Length: 17 - 85 mm
Image Quality
Camera Resolution: 8.2 Megapixel
Image Resolutions: 1728 x 1152
Exposure Control
Aperture Range: f3.5/f5.6 (w/t)
Shutter Speed: 30 - 1/4000 sec
White Balance: AutoManualDaylight / Sunny (Preset)Cloudy (Preset)Fluorescent (Preset)Tungsten (Preset)Shade (Preset)
Frames Per Second: 3 Frames
Storage
Memory Type: CompactFlash Card Type ICompactFlash Card Type II
Compression Modes: FineNormalUncompressed
Compression Type: JPEGRaw Image
File Size (High Res.): 8.3 MB (15 images on 128MB card)
File Size (Low Res.): 0.6 MB (about 213 images on 128MB card)
Flash
Included Features
Self Timer: 10 Sec.
Built-in Microphone: Without Built-in Microphone
System Requirements
Operating System: Apple Mac OS 9Apple Mac OS XMicrosoft Windows 2000Microsoft Windows 98Microsoft Windows 98SEMicrosoft Windows MEMicrosoft Windows XP
Other
Height: 9.4 cm
Width: 12.6 cm
Depth: 6.7 cm
Weight: 0.5 kg
Warranty: 1 Year
Exterior Color: BlackSilver
Included Accessories: SoftwareUSB CableVideo CableLithium BatteryBattery ChargerStrap
Release Date: March, 2005

Canon EOS 350D

“Great results - good price”

Written on: 19/11/2012 by AdeTutor (1 review written)

Awesome Camera!!! Reccomend to anyone! Not cheap feel as reviews have suggested but very robust!… Read Full Review

Paulg3's Response to AdeTutor's Review

Written on: 30/06/2013

Should the screen on the back show the image you are taking or is it just for info?

Canon EOS 350D

“ The Canon EOS 350D is a great camera that's...”

Written on: 23/02/2009 by Jon H (2 reviews written)

The Canon EOS 350D is a great camera that's reasonably priced which performs well in lots of situations.
It's well made, having the main body mostly formed from good quality plastic giving it a nice solid feel without being too heavy or bulky.
All the controls are well laid out and easy to use despite the camera being fairly small, plus the lenses are quick and easy to swap over.
The battery life is good, even when using the flash a lot… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“I fully recommend this camera to anyone wishing to...”

Written on: 18/11/2008 by stevewdraper (1 review written)

I fully recommend this camera to anyone wishing to enter the more productive side of photography. Excellent easy to use camera, I have loaned it to family who found it very easy to usewith fantastic picture quality… Read Full Review

Johno0885's Response to stevewdraper's Review

Written on: 21/12/2008

I found this review helpful because... I am looking for a Digital Camera

Canon EOS 350D

“I have had this camera for about 2 years now and it is...”

Written on: 17/11/2007 by ChrisBUK2 (22 reviews written)

I have had this camera for about 2 years now and it is very good. It is so fun going out and taking picture, you never know what you will find. It did take a while to get used to all the settings and understand it. But once I had learnt how to use it, it was stunning. It is well built and there are many extra's like filters, lenses, tripods, etc. to help improve your images.I HIGHLY recommend this SLR Camera… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“It's simply not true that the 400D is a better camera. ”

Written on: 06/09/2007 by pabarker (1 review written)

It's simply not true that the 400D is a better camera.
Following the flawed market hype that more megapixels = better, the 400D has an extra 2MP without Canon increasing the sensor size.

So, instead of better photographs, for the most part you'll find more digital noise. Granted, the colour display is not as large, but the inclusion of an LCD status display on the 350D is a welcome one, (and surely an important feature on an SLR) increasing battery life and offering all the info you need… Read Full Review

Chrisbuk2's Response to pabarker's Review

Written on: 17/11/2007

I completely agree with this review about the 400D. The 350D is now cheaper and the difference is negligible.

Canon EOS 350D

“I have had many Canon cameras over the years and I...”

Written on: 10/05/2007 by doctorno (1 review written)

I have had many Canon cameras over the years and I have found the EOS 350D good in all aspects of use. The lens speed is a definite improvement over the previous model… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“For a cheap SLR its hard to beat the Canon EOS 350D....”

Written on: 25/02/2007 by hansjh (1 review written)

For a cheap SLR its hard to beat the Canon EOS 350D. beg. 2007 (but look at 400D approx same, all in all a little better for the most part - the 350 better than a few)
Canons 50mm are fantastic, and this cams makes it an 85 mm. So it you need a low light tele cam, this is it;)
Look at dpreview.com - I more or less agree with the data here… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“The Canon EOS 350D is good, but not as good as the...”

Written on: 21/09/2006 by jackthemac (3 reviews written)

The Canon EOS 350D is good, but not as good as the similarly priced Canon 400D. Small size and good images but the screen is too small and images are too soft and require sharpening. Check out the 10-Megapixel 400D… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“The Canon EOS 350D is an easy to use camera that gives...”

Written on: 21/09/2006 by motster (15 reviews written)

The Canon EOS 350D is an easy to use camera that gives pictures that look like a professional photographer has taken them. I would recommend getting a 300mm lens with it because they give brilliant magnification… Read Full Review

Dantomas's Response to motster's Review

Written on: 29/09/2006

I agree - I use the 350D for work and have to publish my picture in print and on the web, and I have had some great results. It's so easy to use as well!!

Motster's Response to motster's Review

Written on: 21/11/2006

If you are going to get the Canon EOS 350D digital camera, get in in black, then it's better for wildlife photography.

Themaninthevan2001's Response to motster's Review

Written on: 21/11/2006

The Canon EOS 350D digital camera is professional, and it takes them great shots.

Canon EOS 350D

“I love this Canon EOS 350D camera, it's brilliant....”

Written on: 13/09/2006 by henleyb (2 reviews written)

I love this Canon EOS 350D camera, it's brilliant. Having never used an SLR before, I spent a while learning everything I could about photography. The 350D made my learning easy, so then when I splashed out on some great lenses the pictures I got back were ace. I'm now considering a 5D but the 350D was a superb buy and if I couldn't get the 5D for whatever reason it wouldn't really bother me too much as the 350D does a great job anyway.

Highly recommended and will always consider Canon… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“I was trying to justify to myself that I could make...”

Written on: 04/09/2006 by King of Misery (1 review written)

I was trying to justify to myself that I could make good use of this Canon EOS 350D Camera and that the extra expense over a high end digital camera was worth it. Thankfully I was proved right. This camera lacks nothing that a digital camera has, with the added benefit of being able to pick and chose from a wide range of lenses and other accessories already on the market for analogue SLR's. It really is the best of both worlds, OK it is more expensive to start with, but I won't be looking to… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“I had never handled A Canon EOS 350D digital camera,...”

Written on: 19/07/2006 by pixiedot (12 reviews written)

I had never handled A Canon EOS 350D digital camera, and I never cared to own one as I always read, to quote "the camera is tiny and looks like a toy."

I was talked into trying one when I went into a store to buy a laptop, and the guy said he would give me a discount. I was very surprised how well it fit in my hand, and I don`t have tiny hands. The camera could have been designed just for me! All the controls fall very readily to hand. Auto white balance in outdoor use is fantastic. Focusing… Read Full Review

Pcguru1952Kid's Response to pixiedot's Review

Written on: 02/09/2006

Wanted good fully manual digital camera to compliment fuji fine pix 480 point & shot camera only owned canon EOS 350 D since 11/7/2006 so still lots to learn but have yet to be disapointed - gets low light shots even the fine pix would fail to get but fine pix has built in video clip, audio record, marcro function, fine pix iso stops at 400 canon far higher as are the shutter speed / F numbers but as such fuji will stay in bag for use as & when needed.

Themaninthevan2001's Response to pixiedot's Review

Written on: 21/11/2006

The Canon EOS 350D is a complicated digital camera to use, but it's very professional.

Canon EOS 350D

“The Canon EOS 350D is a great digital camera for the...”

Written on: 15/06/2006 by Prober1 (1 review written)

The Canon EOS 350D is a great digital camera for the price, and it is definitely one for both novices and more experienced photographers. It can be used as a point and shoot in Auto, or you can be creative with full manual controls. It has more features than its predecessor the 300D, and can do just about everything its bigger brother the 20D can do. Image quality is excellent, and with its fast start-up you won't miss a thing.

It's very light and easy to carry around, which is great if you… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“I bought the Canon EOS 350D digital camera after...”

Written on: 26/05/2006 by mehalstead (5 reviews written)

I bought the Canon EOS 350D digital camera after struggling for years with normal compact digital cameras, and what a difference! In the Auto mode you simply can't go wrong. Just point and shoot! The pictures in this mode are awesome, and some almost looking 3D as the depth is so nice. I have had a little play with the creative functions, and they seem straight forward enough too, but I need to spend more time looking at them.

Overall, I am so glad I bought this camera, and it does everything… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“The Canon EOS 350D digital camera is another Canon...”

Written on: 12/05/2006 by monster2006 (3 reviews written)

The Canon EOS 350D digital camera is another Canon winner! It was slightly over-priced last year, but now it is available at realistic prices… Read Full Review

Bertie's Response to monster2006's Review

Written on: 16/05/2006

I had a look through the viewfinders in Currys of the 350D and the competing Nikon DSLR and the clarity and brightness of the Canon was streets ahead.
I've read that the kit lenses are lacking and if I were to go DSLR, I'd want a good lens. Mmmm....can be pricey and that's what puts me off. I have a battery of M42 lenses and it's a shame that Canon didn't have the foresight to employ the M42 lens mount!!

Canon EOS 350D

“I have had my Canon EOS 350D digital camera for about...”

Written on: 26/03/2006 by marv (1 review written)

I have had my Canon EOS 350D digital camera for about a month. It is everything I'd hoped for. I was a little reticent about purchasing it as it seemed a large expense for a hobby. I wasn't sure it would be much better than my Nikon 5700. I am now very happy, and I have sold the Nikon.

I have had many film SLR's, and this is very similar to operate. I found it much easier to use than all the digital prosumer models I've had previously. The automatic mode is great and it produces great shots… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“Like many people, I converted from film SLR's to...”

Written on: 24/02/2006 by b6waf (18 reviews written)

Like many people, I converted from film SLR's to Digital Compacts, and lost a lot of my enthusiasm for taking photographs - too much "point and shoot". After various non-SLR digital cameras, I moved up to a full SLR with the Canon EOS 350D in April 2005. Fantastic!! It has restored my love for photography. And it has a great to feel the mechanical "clunk" of a proper SLR again.

Some people say the camera is too small - I strongly disagree. I have large hands and never find it a… Read Full Review

Sicoll007's Response to b6waf's Review

Written on: 05/05/2006

Useful review which was easy to read and informative. I would have liked to see a little more information in regard to the image quality etc - how does the quality of indoor pictures compare with that of tricky outdoor shots? Cameras tend not to render all conditions equally well and will often be stronger in one area compared to another.

Canon EOS 350D

“I have owned a few SLR manual and semi-automatic 35mm...”

Written on: 17/02/2006 by Hounddog9 (1 review written)

I have owned a few SLR manual and semi-automatic 35mm cameras and one other digital camera (Canon). I can only assume that I have a faulty Canon EOS 350D camera, as I cannot get any sharp images when using the sports mode, and when I use the shutter speed override I have to use flash to allow any light. I have used shutter priority on other cameras and had some good action shots, but it won't work on my EOS 350D. I have a standard 28-50 lens and also a 28-200 lens, so maybe it is camera shake… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“I use the Canon EOS 350D digital camera with a...”

Written on: 05/02/2006 by uktedsmith (2 reviews written)

I use the Canon EOS 350D digital camera with a 80-200mm zoom lens for photographing rugby and cricket games. In reasonable daylight and using only half the possible size of photos it's possible to take lots of shots in quick succession, ensuring at least one good one from every ten. But as soon as you go up to maximum quality, and therefore file size, the speed of data capture gets in the way, as does poor light, with blurred images being a problem. For the price though, this is now… Read Full Review

Canon EOS 350D

“Despite the above shortcomings, I would thoroughly...”

Written on: 28/12/2005 by automatic (3 reviews written)

Despite the above shortcomings, I would thoroughly recommend the Canon EOS 350D digital camera to any serious photographer, or anyone making their first step into DSLR. However, I would not recommend this as a first camera, as the myriad of settings I feel would be very confusing. Having said that, it is possible to use it on fully automatic and simply point and shoot, but there are plenty of cheaper cameras on the market that already offer that.

One further recommendation to anyone… Read Full Review