Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE Reviews

Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE

Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE
Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE

“Not perfect but Good enough”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by 492Malone (1 review written)

I own a January 2005, 0.8 litre, entry level Matiz. Is the car my grandfather bought and the car i learned to drive since i was 12 years old and the car i will have to drive for another 5 to 8 years until i can afford another one. I'll try to make it simple and short. Engine reliability: Nothing bad in the past almost 10 years. My car haves 68.000 km right now and nothing had to be changed. Body: In the past 2 years, rust started to appear. The car is always kept in a garage but the… Read Full Review

“Matiz 1.0 2004 ”

Written on: 19/08/2014 by Brody198 (1 review written)

This is the best car I have ever owned . I bought this car with one previous owner and very low mile-age . My wife uses this car to go to work mainly , and she loves it as it is easy to drive and park and has four doors so easy to get inti and out for all passengers . It has plenty of space inside despite it's small looks . Doctor Who would be pleased with this car , I call it the Tardis . This car is very cheap to run insure and maintain . I have now had the car for seven years and it has… Read Full Review

“Good cheap city car, disappointingly weak on motorways.”

Written on: 04/03/2014 by Watkinsqe1988 (1 review written)

The Daewoo Matiz is a fun perky little car, it is a love or hate design, but I think it is a fun and cute little car. The 800cc is weak but the 1.0 manages well, but your in for a noisy ride if you're taking it out onto the motorway, Sudden losses of power burst out sometimes. Once the 1.0 Matiz couldn't get up a very slight slope foot on the floor, 1st gear, the clutch smelt horrid afterwards because of burning most likely, no problems since however this was a very tense and dangerous moment… Read Full Review

“How much fuel does a matiz daewoo consume?”

Written on: 14/11/2013

I own a Daewoo matiz 2003, but it keeps consuming 12+L per 100km, can anyone tell me where is the problem, or is it okay for 800cc car to consume so much oil? I hope someone will help me. :)… Read Full Review

Mycky's Comment

Written on: 13/12/2013

No, its not normal! 1 litre of oil per 1000km would show the engine was warn. You must have a leak somewhere. Is there oil on the ground underneath the car? If not your car must produce huge quantities of smoke because if 1 litre of oil is flying out the exhaust pipe every 10 km you would have a state of the art smoke generator, not a car

“Love my Matiz”

Written on: 26/08/2013 by Tachanah (1 review written)

I got my Daewoo Matiz about 2 months ago and I love it. Parking is so easy and it is so cheap to run. I had a problem with it jerking and stalling and also losing power while I was driving. I took it to a garage and found out is was caused by the wiring on the MAP sensor. Someone had just twisted the wires together and taped them up. After a mechanic soldered them and taped them back up properly the car runs perfectly… Read Full Review

Shree988's Response to Tachanah's Review

Written on: 21/09/2013

i also own matiz...but i got a problem with distributor..i hv changed distributors twice.... iam really scared to for long ride after this two incidents...any suggestions???????

Tachanah's reply to Shree988's Comment

Written on: 21/09/2013

What was your car doing before you changed the distributor. E.g. Stalling, jerking etc?

Shree988's reply to Tachanah's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2013

while i was going for a trip,just after 60 kms car stopped immediately,it dint start even after choking,when i called mechanic he verified and told to change the whole distributor...it happened twice, i checked with 2 different mechanics too..pls let me know whether it is common problem in matiz or it happened accidentally...iam scared bcos if it happens in city outskirts it would be really difficult to repair it even for mechanic...pls suggest me

Tachanah's reply to Shree988's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2013

I have only had my matiz for about 3 months. I don't know a lot about cars but when mine was running bad I started with the basics to find out what was wrong. I googled the problem and found a few Daewoo forum sites that helped me. Maybe check your MAP sensor and wiring. Sorry I can't be much help.

“Matiz 0.8 Totally Underrated Little Car”

Written on: 01/06/2012 by ianwas (2 reviews written)

I've owned my Matiz for about eight years, originally bought it as a second car but it became my main car. Bought second hand off ebay with around 25k miles on the clock and on a 52 plate. At this time (June 2012) has over 96k on the clock and still going well! This car has so far been totally reliable, i.e. NO break downs ever! Touch wood of course with this sort of mileage. Plus points for me at least are/have been... 1. Reliability. 2. Good mpg - averages over 40mpg around towns, 'A' road… Read Full Review

Freddiewit's Response to ianwas's Review

Written on: 22/07/2013

Wow! To write such a robust review without being paid; that's amazing. You just helped me make up my mind on buying this car second hand.
God bless!

Tomba's Response to ianwas's Review

Written on: 03/09/2013

Good honest review. My daughter's wee Daewoo fits in with your review. Had it two years now...it's only let us down once and that was when it lay for three days then wouldn't start...realised that the back door had not been closed properly and battery had drained with courtesy light on for 3 days...DOH!
Great and quirky wee motor!

“Well, for a 0.8 you get 0.8! It hold its own nicley...”

Written on: 17/05/2011

Well, for a 0.8 you get 0.8! It hold its own nicley with 1 or 2 people in it MAX! motorway will get upto 88 mph and its great fun on A road as its got some good body roll in the corners! Cheap insurance for fully comp, road tax is nuts at £155! Fuel economy is great, I average 49.2 MPG so its very good. Tyres are cheap @ £30 each from kwik-fit, nothing wrong with it yet, 2002 35,000 on the clock but sounds like the fan drive belt is starting to slip, but any car of this age will have a few… Read Full Review

“I got myself a Matiz last june, and the idea that it...”

Written on: 23/02/2011

I got myself a Matiz last june, and the idea that it was a chea option was short lived! £1500 for the car, in great condtion and only one owner from new, 30000 miles! My insurance is £2000.00 per year, as a 17 year old thats what you get! It costs £41.00 for a tank of fuel, and that lasts for about 220 miles. £155 per year in tax, and here is what I have spent snce buying it, some bits are normal wear things. Tyres, £200.00, New exhaust, back box, catalytic converter £250.00, new fan belt &… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 17/09/2011

Where on earth did you find insurance for £2000 if your 17?? Im 18 and cant find better than £3500! Please tell me ASAP!

Ianwas's Comment

Written on: 02/06/2012

Hi, Just read your review.
I have to say that I think you've been ripped off on some of the prices of parts. Firstly, I'm guessing you've had said parts fitted at garage? If so labour charges & vat are going to be high as there's no way that two 'belts' cost that much! Secondly, I've fitted a few of the lower suspension arms over the years (I'm assuming you refer to the front arms which have the ball joins?). I paid less than £28 for an arm last week (May 2012 and £40 for fitting at a local garage as it was raining. I've done these myself for free! New battery, sounds about right at £45. Catalytic converter AND a back box too, £250? That's a bargain price! My cat alone cost that much!
Tyres £200? How may have you bought? These size of tyres cost about £30 each, not £50 each - ripped off perhaps?
Fuel / mpg. At today's prices it costs nearer £50 to fill up my Matiz BUT I got 339 miles from a full tank driving at 70mph on motorway's a couple of weeks ago!

I think you may need to stop letting garage's rip you off. Perhaps source and buy parts your self as garages will charge top rate for their profits. Cheers.

“I purchased this car 3yrs ago and ever since it has...”

Written on: 10/12/2010

I purchased this car 3yrs ago and ever since it has been a thorn in myside ever since!! ive had to replace the head gascit twice, and now the pistons need replacing!! ive also had to replace a few other things along the way that have burnt a hole in my pocket so have now decided to get rid which now the car is only worth 200 at tops which im not to happy about as i purchased the car for 850, i have recaintly read some reviews about this car and it seems the same thing keeps popping up the car… Read Full Review

“i bought this matiz 2 days ago and i was pleasantly...”

Written on: 14/09/2010

i bought this matiz 2 days ago and i was pleasantly suprised at the space inside and the speed it does when u eventually get up that hill! the only thing i cant understand is why the tax is so expensive???? my friends have small engine cars and their tax is only £35!! i thought the post office clerk had made a mistake!!… Read Full Review

“Bought a Daewoo Matiz at the end of June 2010, and it...”

Written on: 25/08/2010

Bought a Daewoo Matiz at the end of June 2010, and it has prooved to me its a great little car alright!

Mine is in metallic silver, 796cc and has done only 74,000, 2 previous owners. GREAT!
It hasnt given me any problems at all, i have serviced it myself as i'm a technician mechanic. Bought it for our family second car as a runaround and short journeys but we do occasionally use it down to our main city which is Cardiff, we live quite far, and i must say its remarkably quick on the motorway… Read Full Review

Nojnodnurg's Comment

Written on: 07/01/2013

any ideas were i can get a new matiz petrol tank for cheap, got a leak round the flange join.

“Good points - Extremely cheap to run, low on...”

Written on: 17/05/2010

Good points - Extremely cheap to run, low on emissions, cheap insurance, cheaper tax. Looks quite modern considering the age of it. No major problems with the car, starts, runs smoothly and gets you from A to B no problem, the usual wear and tear (CV joints, slightly corroded brake pipes) things that are relatively cheap and easy to fix. Feels really spacious, like a tardis! Boot fits the weekly shopping in the back no problem.

Bad points - The lack of power - if theres a slight uphill you can… Read Full Review

“A great little car, the second that I have owned. The...”

Written on: 11/02/2010

A great little car, the second that I have owned. The first never so much as blew a bulb in two years. Comfortable enough and better leg room in the back than many small cars, it is fine for four adults. The boot is, as you would expect, tiny but with the 60/40 seats folded it becomes a small 'van' and will take even the result of a trip to Ikea. Power sterring and small wheels make for very easy parking and it is a terrific city car, returning about 43mpg round town and 50mpg on motorway… Read Full Review

“BASICALLY THE CAR HAS BEEN THE MASTERPIECE TILL NOW....”

Written on: 03/02/2010

BASICALLY THE CAR HAS BEEN THE MASTERPIECE TILL NOW. NO PROBLEMS EXCEPT A MINOR DAMAGE IN THE MANIFOLD WATER CHANNEL WHICH KEPT THE ENGINE TO GET HEAT UP EASILY WITH AC BUT THE TEMPERATURE USED TO NORMAL . GOT THAT FIXED & NEW WATER PUMP AFTER THAT THE CAR HAS BEEN GREAT NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. IN MY 9TH YEAR I FACED A PROBLEM WITH ALTERNATOR IT STOPPED COMPLETELY & THE CAR USED TO RUN WITH VERY LOW VOLTS & THE BATTERY LIGHT USED TO GLOW. THE PROBLEM WAS WITH THE RECTIFIERS INSIDE THE ALTERNATOR… Read Full Review

“the best car i can ever have in my life. this car has...”

Written on: 21/07/2009

the best car i can ever have in my life. this car has never given me any sort of troubles. it always starts in just one go. always been cheap on run, gives trills of high speed driving above 80 mph. this car`s engine was also used in suzuki alto, pontiac matiz, & the new chevy spark… Read Full Review

“Overall, the Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE is a fantastic little...”

Written on: 01/05/2009

Overall, the Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE is a fantastic little car, especially for a first time driver!
It's perfect for city driving and whizzes between cars like a go-kart. What it lacks in speed it makes up for everywhere else. It's really spacious for a little car, cheap to run and nice to look at. I have to say, it is a bit of a girls car!… Read Full Review

“i've had my Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE for over six months...”

Written on: 28/04/2009 by tim101 (1 review written)

i've had my Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE for over six months and really love it some say its not good on the motorway but i dissagree i've used it on the motorway a few times. shes 9 years old and solid as a rock reliable like all cars a good service is a must to keep it reliable and any chevvy garage wiil do it for as little as 130 quid so it dos'nt cost the earth… Read Full Review

“Just passed my driving test and bought my Daewoo...”

Written on: 02/02/2009

Just passed my driving test and bought my Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE 2nd hand but it starts every time. A cute little car which is cheap to insure and run and has loads of space for such a little car. Very reliable car which is very cheap to run and insure. Topped it up with £10 worth of petrol and it was half a tank!!! Would recommend it to anyone wanting a car for city driving but not so much for the motorway because of the small engine size. Only badpoints are it started to develop this… Read Full Review

“Would recommmend a good condition vehicle to anyone....”

Written on: 19/09/2008

Would recommmend a good condition vehicle to anyone. Fantastic car..overall a great package. Superb handling and comfort and cold ac… Read Full Review

“With the Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE you get what you pay for....”

Written on: 14/11/2007 by dingodean (2 reviews written)

With the Daewoo Matiz 0.8 SE you get what you pay for. Cheap and cheerful, starts first time every time. It is far more reliable than my £10000 Citroen C4 and I only paid £1000 for the little Matiz. Not found any bad points yet, but as I use it rarely it may take some time… Read Full Review