Kiev 60 Reviews

• Photograph Quality

Kiev 60 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Kiev 60

“Big Beast”

Written on: 14/03/2012 by charlieT (5 reviews written)

I bought the Kiev 60 used with an 80mm and 250mm lens for £115 from Ebay UK. I was apprehensive about the camera after reading the winding mechanism could be broken without careful use. I read the instructions, loaded a film, put on the waste level finder and took it out for a days snapping. I got the film back and was pleasantly surprised, nice clear well exposed images. The camera is very simple to use and I have added a Prism Finder to since that first outing. The camera is a big beast… Read Full Review

Kiev 60

“The Kiev 60 is the best medium format Camera ever.”

Written on: 10/02/2009

The Kiev 60 is the best medium format Camera ever.
It's cheap, easy to handle, compatible to the zeiss jena, arsenal kiev and schneider kreuznach lenses.
Reliable and resistant against temprerature variations.

I bought a good and very hardwoking one Kiev 60. I would never change.
Maybe to a kiev 80 but not another model. Good points are shutter speeds 1 - 1/1000s; low price (whole system for only a part of one hasselblad body)… Read Full Review

Kiev 60

“For the money I paid (about £100) for my Kiev 60...”

Written on: 09/12/2005 by daveppp (2 reviews written)

For the money I paid (about £100) for my Kiev 60 Medium Format camera I expected a bit of that; What I got however is a solid dependable MF camera that is a joy to use. I have used the camera many times in a pro capacity and have never found fault. The optic quality is beautiful, and it's simple design allows you to get back full control of your photography (especially us digital users). Slow flash sync can be a pain, and care needs to be taken when winding on film to avoid overlap… Read Full Review

Kiev 60

“Having owned Kiev medium format cameras for many years...”

Written on: 04/04/2005 by kievmate (1 review written)

Having owned Kiev medium format cameras for many years I have come across many good and bad examples of the model 60.
Because of the realtively low purchase cost many people new to medium format cameras buy them.
Sadly often they pay too little on bargain cameras from auction sites and get stung with a dud.:-(
Many if not ALL bad experiences come from bargain basement purchases. SO BEWARE!!
If you pay a decent price you will get a reliable, strong camera that takes awesome pix!!
I found that… Read Full Review

Kiev 60

“Kiev 60 is a successor of the Kiev 6C which is a copy...”

Written on: 11/03/2005 by photoman (62 reviews written)

Kiev 60 is a successor of the Kiev 6C which is a copy of the Pentacon SIX. This camera accepts only 120 film format, and makes 60X60mm negatives. Shutter speed range for medium format is good: 1/2-1/1000, flash sync on 1/30 it's OK for such a huge shutter but still is too slow. There are modifications with mirror lockup, my camera doesn't have it. This camera can accept all Carl Zeiss Jena lenses that cost reasonable price and give superior quality.
Usually camera comes with TTL Prism… Read Full Review