Canon F-1N Reviews

• Photograph Quality

Canon F-1N - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Canon F-1N

Canon F-1N

“Some years ago I purchased an original F1 to...”

Written on: 21/08/2009 by dorsetdave (4 reviews written)

Some years ago I purchased an original F1 to compliment my A1. The A1 is sadly long gone, a victim of damp penetration under the pentaprism. I sold my F1 a year back by which time I had bought a secondhand Canon F-1N. The F-1N is a truly superb machine. I have since bought a motordrive (for less than £70) that gives me aperture priority automation now. The quality of construction is what amazes me. They really are Rolls Royce quality. No flimsy plastic bits, removing the base covers to attach… Read Full Review

Superdingo's Response to dorsetdave's Review

Written on: 27/12/2010

Just one comment, adding the motordrive provides shutter priority AE not aperture priority AE

Canon F-1N

“I'm getting more and more impressed with this camera....”

Written on: 11/01/2009

I'm getting more and more impressed with this camera. The Canon F-1N can do everything. Read the manual to prevent being frustrated ;). Empty battery prevents shutter from being electrically activated: removal of battery enables manual shutter operation mode… Read Full Review

Canon F-1N

“I've owned two Canon F1n bodies (one of them AE) for...”

Written on: 04/04/2008

I've owned two Canon F1n bodies (one of them AE) for around 20 years now, and have found them superb rugged all-weather cameras, ideally suited to the ski-touring, mountaineering, and wildlife photography interests I pursue. In February I dropped one (for the first time ever) onto cobbled paving from waist height when I slipped on ice. Iv'e yet to find a scratch on it, and as expected, it is still fully functional! I can't see me ever parting with them, or going digital, unless film disappears… Read Full Review

Canon F-1N

“I bought a Canon F-1N 8 months ago. Canon F-1N (or...”

Written on: 09/03/2005 by photoman (62 reviews written)

I bought a Canon F-1N 8 months ago. Canon F-1N (or Canon New F-1)is a top line professional camera of Canon, made from 1981. The camera has horizontally traveling titan foil shutter with speeds of 8-1/2000sec and flash sync on 1/90. MTBF is at least 100,000 (150,000 Nikon F3) exposure cycles. The shutter is hybrid type, it works on 1/125-1/2000 without batteries while on slower speeds the release is made electronically with magnets. Usually this camera comes with Standart FN finder, but… Read Full Review