AEG Competence U7101-4 Reviews

AEG Competence U7101-4 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AEG Competence U7101-4

“Never Again!”

Written on: 07/01/2014

I have my AEG cooker 6 years, and now replacing my 4th oven element. Disgraceful..Disgusted… Read Full Review

“DO NOT BUY AEG”

Written on: 19/05/2012

We have had this cooker for 5 years and in that time we have had FOUR elements replaced, the last three exploded, luckily I have been near by when this has happened, basically your element sets on fire and the fan just fans the flames, it is very frigthening. I will never have another AEG cooker again, it is very poor quality and keeps costing us money to fix. Next time it explodes it's off to the local tip. AEG you should be ashamed!… Read Full Review

Jannep's Comment

Written on: 14/03/2013

I have had exactly the same problems with my AEG. I have had it for 4 and a half years, and the oven controller has needed to be replaced 3 times. Once, it caught fire, and once the oven filled with smoke. I also feel it is not a good buy. We have been extremely disappointed with it.

Jgjohnson's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2013

I have also had the same problem but with my competence single oven 4 years old however it was irreparable because of the the rust that I had already complained about. However AEG tell me its my fault Even though I have only ever used the ovens self clean function.

AEG Competence U7101-4

“we have had this oven for 6 years, we bought it...”

Written on: 19/12/2010 by tuborgtim (8 reviews written)

we have had this oven for 6 years, we bought it because of AEGs reputation for reliability. It also looks good. However, as soon as the warranty expired it broke down. It needed a new terminal block which had melted. The next break down occurred eleven months later when the fan element burnt out. I watched as this was being replaced which is just as well as i've had to replace the same element twice myself. The element has now blown again, leaving us worried in case the new element won't reach… Read Full Review

AEG Competence U7101-4

“Very disappointing, considering the make and cost....”

Written on: 14/04/2009

Very disappointing, considering the make and cost. Main oven in the AEG Competence has never cooked food properly ie crispy - always "soggy" food. Has recently decided to stop heating altogether (main oven only) - so I guess like many others, my thermostat or element has given up the ghost.

Lower oven has never been right and is now broken - zero response from AEG customer care… Read Full Review

AEG Competence U7101-4

“Generally a very good bit of kit, plenty of features...”

Written on: 21/02/2009

Generally a very good bit of kit, plenty of features on both ovens adds lots of versatility. The inside is easy to keep clean but the absence of a splash pan in the provided grill pan ensures you get lots of smoke when cooking anything (besides toast!). I recommend!… Read Full Review

AEG Competence U7101-4

“Never seemed to work right for us, for example, Fan...”

Written on: 29/12/2007

Never seemed to work right for us, for example, Fan ovens "flash cooked" everything so it was burned on the outside and raw in the middle. Service engineer tested it and said it was OK, and in our experience their word was final. They suggested that we take them to court if we were not happy. Door is not fitted straight. Buttons melted. Glass gets dirty inside the door. Clock does not work. In my opinion temp controls are erratic… Read Full Review

AEG Competence U7101-4

“I would never buy an AEG appliance again. I have been...”

Written on: 08/05/2007 by JLE (3 reviews written)

I would never buy an AEG appliance again. I have been so dissatisfied with this product. I bought it May 2004 and now this is the third element I have had replaced. AEG never comment when I complained especially when the element needed replacing within the first years warranty. My previous cooker lasted 23 years without any problems… Read Full Review

AEG Competence U7101-4

“Neither of the AEG Competence U7101-4 ovens reach...”

Written on: 08/03/2005 by alex windsor (1 review written)

Neither of the AEG Competence U7101-4 ovens reach temperature. AEG seem unable to fix the problem and always have some excuse. I have had the oven now for 6 months and its still not working properly. Very disappointed. Would not recommend AEG… Read Full Review

Southlea's Response to alex windsor's Review

Written on: 26/06/2005

Have had exactly the same problem - does not reach temperature. Oven looks great but that's the best you can say. Have just had first oven replaced as clearly not fit for purpose or satisfactory quality. However, replacement is just as bad and will now have to go for refund.
<br>Also, time clock on first oven was faulty and had to be replaced immediately.
<br>Had AEG oven previously but quality seems to have gone down completely.

Alex Windsor's Response to alex windsor's Review

Written on: 06/07/2005

I gave the first review of this oven. As an update, 8 months after having bought it, with no interest from AEG about the problem, I contacted Which and Good Housekeeping mags. As a result of that I had a visit from a Production Manager who tested the oven and agreed it was substandard. He took a new one off the production line, took it to the test labs for a onceover and fitted the new one yesterday. Although I'm happy with the new oven, it's appalling that it takes a consumer mag to get action. I think you should also contact these mags to let them know if you've had problems.