The Ideal Home Show Reviews - www.idealhomeshow.co.uk

The Ideal Home Show www.idealhomeshow.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The Ideal Home Show www.idealhomeshow.co.uk

The Ideal Home Show www.idealhomeshow.co.uk

“Ideal home for whom?”

Written on: 09/06/2014 by msavio (1 review written)

With a name such as the ‘Ideal Home Show’ you would expect to see all sort of fantastic, futuristic, mind-blowing inventions to make your house more efficient, more sustainable, more beautiful and more durable, exploring materials, brands, new certifications for homes, new innovative space solutions, etc.. There was absolutely nothing of all this, nothing that trigged my imagination or stimulated my curiosity. In a nutshell: a big junk fair! Just to give you an idea: 1. Garden? What… Read Full Review

“royal rip off”

Written on: 07/06/2014

having not been to a show for years we thought we'd give it a go. lots of mediocre rubbish. things you could easily find on the high street. two scoops of ice cream £4 and £5/£6 for a meat roll, what's that all about? would I go again No, nor recommend it… Read Full Review

“Waste of time”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by Jackrebecca (1 review written)

It was one of the worst few hours I have ever spent a total waste of time and the prices discussing … Read Full Review

“Hard Sell Exhibitors”

Written on: 25/03/2014 by Quinton175 (1 review written)

Overall I enjoyed the exhibition, but one experience I would not like repeated when a cosmetic (face cream) rep insisted I sat down whilst he demonstrated the product, I told him I had a full supply at home and that I was not interested, he insisted on dropping the price and once I had the courage to say an OUT RIGHT NO he turned very nasty and I left the exhibition feeling very upset… Read Full Review

“Same old, same old”

Written on: 18/03/2014 by xyO'Donnell45 (1 review written)

Today was my 3rd visit in 6 years and sadly it's starting to get tiresome now. Too much hard sell. The reason we came back after last year was because we really had an entertaining time watching TV presenter Clive Holland, great property advice and very funny too. It seems he's not appearing this year and everyone we asked didn't know why? I had got 4 friends to come along on the strength of it but never mind. Maybe next year?… Read Full Review

“Went to the Christmas show - a huge disappointment”

Written on: 18/11/2013

My mother bought tickets to this show as a day out for the two of us in London. We have heard good things about the Ideal Home show in previous years, and thought attending the Christmas show could be fun. We did not attend the show with high expectations, and I'm sorry to say that it was far worse than we expected in almost every way. Having now read the reviews on this site from people who attended the regular show in March 2013, I can say that the Christmas 2013 show was just as bad, if not… Read Full Review

“A Big Mistake”

Written on: 19/08/2013

I made a big mistake at Grand Designs and placed an order with Lesley Jordan Furniture. I have had nothing but problems since. Iain Studd is in my humble opinion, elusive, aggresive and somewhat economical with the truth. Thankfully, I paid the deposit on my bankcard so have made a claim with MBNA under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which is slowly working its way through the process. I made the assumption that any business exhibiting at Kevin McCloud's Grand Designs would be… Read Full Review

Mjkemp's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2013

I made the same big mistake at The Ideal Home Show in March 2013. I assumed they would make sure that their traders were all legit and take some responsibility if you got ripped off at the show.

I paid £1200 for a table and 2 matching benches from Lesley Jordan. I wouldnt say they are economical with the truth, I would say they are bare-faced liars. On 3 separate occasions we had delivery promised and they were a no show. At no time did they call me, i had to chase them, On the 3rd occasion they admitted they didn't have the benches after all (the first time they had told me their van had been in an accident) and I could just have the table or my money back. I went for the money back option - guess what, as of November 2013 no money received and all my calls are avoided. Received text 6 weeks ago saying the company has been wound up.

Ideal Home Show have said they have banned him from future shows but had no interest in taking responsibility for any customer losses. Poor, turns out the Ideal Home Show is an empty brand.

Forrester15's Comment

Written on: 16/11/2013

Hi M J Kemp
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Yeah we got the Accident ruse as well. I'd see if you can verify that the company has actually been wound up.

Yes agree, this is a very poor show from Media Ten, the company that runs the Ideal Home Show and Grand Design. The Director I dealt with only appears to be interested in getting rich at others' expense.

All the best.

“Dell Boy Traders”

Written on: 13/08/2013 by meadowlane (1 review written)

It is like dealing with Dell Boy. They make 2nd hand car salesmen look professional. They delivered late, they didn't do what they promised with the product. They promised to assemble some other kit and then denied offering to do so. I don't think they are crooks, but I do think you ought to source another dealer for your furniture needs. I did not purchase via the ideal homes show but I thought I should warn others that if you are going to deal with this business, then make sure the precise… Read Full Review

“Lesley Jordan Furniture at Ideal Homes Glasgow”

Written on: 16/07/2013 by Crfraser60 (2 reviews written)

I bought and paid in full for furniture, amounting to £1,160 between the Grand Designs show in London (12.5.13) and the Ideal Homes show in Glasgow (25.5.13). So far they have failed to deliver my furniture on 3 occasions and I have had enormous difficulty in making contact with the company, either by e mail, telephone or text. They have given me a further (4th) date for delivery, but, sadly, I have no confidence that the delivery will be fulfilled. Given the high profile and trust placed in… Read Full Review

Gloriacurtis's Response to Crfraser60's Review

Written on: 07/08/2013

I have also bought furniture from Lesley Jordan at the Grand Design show in London, when it finally arrived, from China, the workmanship was very bad, we have been sending emails and phone calls but to no avail. When we did contact them and send them some pictures, they did say they would replace the sideboard, but since then we can not contact them or find out what is happening, I would not recommend Lesley Jordan to anyone.

Lesleyjordan's Response to Crfraser60's Review

Written on: 04/09/2013

we had over 200 customers from this show and its just a shame that you cant please certain customers how ever hard you try but nice to see that on the whole a 198 were happy

Crfraser60's reply to Lesleyjordan's Comment

Written on: 04/09/2013

How arrogant! In line with the treatment myself and other customers have received. There are more than two dissatisfied customers - I have printed copies of at least a further 4 from the Lesley Jordan web site.

The "managing director" was aggressive, abusive and downright nasty when I did manage to get through to the company. Just because people don' go to the bother of complaining publically does not mean they are satisfied. There are many, many reasons why people don't make formal public complaints.

I have also retained texts from him on my mobile phone.

Anitawaite's Response to Crfraser60's Review

Written on: 08/08/2013

I agree completely. I had an order due for delivery twice and twice it failed to arrive. When i phoned the company (had the same trouble getting hold of anyone - took days) i spoke to the finance director who actually shouted at me! He screamed at me saying that now he had my money it was basically not his problem any more - at least he was honest i suppose!! My order was eventually delivered - the sideboard and table are good quality but the display cabinet is not very good but can't face contacting them again to complain. They said they would give me £50 compensation for the poor service i received but predictably they haven't done this. I would never, ever buy anything from this company again. Shocking service, terrible attitude.

Crfraser60's Response to Crfraser60's Review

Written on: 07/08/2013

I should add to my previous comments that the review I read stated that Lesley Jordan Furniture was being investigated by Ideal Homes and Grand Designs. I printed out and still have copies of the review should anyone want one. This, I believe is the reason I suddenly got my furniture. It would appear that these shows are the source for getting orders for their goods. If they were to be banned from Ideal Homes and Grand Designs, they would have difficulties. They also appear to have a shop in Leicester. If I had lived nearer, I would have gone there with my complaints. I would strongly urge people to avoid this company.

Crfraser60's Response to Crfraser60's Review

Written on: 07/08/2013

I went on line and saw a review telling the same story as I had - failure to deliver, failure to contact me and impossible to get through to them. I also placed a review on the site. I waited in for a fourth day and again they failed to deliver my furniture. I contacted Trading Standards in Leicester and was put through to Citizen's Advice who gave me useful and helpful advice. I phoned the mobile number at Lesley Jordan and left a message about the review I had seen. I also said that I would pursue it through the courts and would not let it drop. Three hours later, I got a call from an independent courier arranging a delivery for the following morning. They did deliver it. It had come from Vancouver having been made in Vietnam! When I checked the web site the following day, the reviews were gone! There is clearly something far wrong with this dodgy firm and I would strongly advise people to AVOID them!

“Awful and charged twice!! ”

Written on: 17/04/2013 by PennyWilkinson (1 review written)

I went onto the website and booked 2 tickets online on Friday 22 March. I waited for the email to come through and I waited for payment (£29.70) from my account. As neither happened I assumed that the booking did not go through. I checked again on Saturday morning - still nothing. I resigned myself to pay on the door - which I did (£37). I checked my account later to find that the booking has been put through! Still no email. So - paying twice - it must have been good right? Wrong!… Read Full Review

Pennywilkinson's Response to PennyWilkinson's Review

Written on: 04/06/2013

a day or so after submitting this review IHS replied and have since refunded my entrance fee.
P

“RIP OFF”

Written on: 13/04/2013

Had not been to the Ideal home show for about 4 years thought i'd go again to see how things had evolved. No free goodie bag, only get one if you pay a fiver for a brochure don't call that free. A lot of same stuff from my last visit in 2009, Bamix blender, vitamix blender, Over priced dated steam mops that you can buy anywhere for half the price. the list goes on. This year was a big disappointment most products on sale you could buy from Argos or high street stores. One of the show homes… Read Full Review

“Giant market selling absolute tat”

Written on: 08/04/2013

Seen better stuff on sale at the market down my road. Absolute bloody rubbish as far as the eye can see. If that kind of stuff is the stuff of an Ideal Home then I'll live in a tent. How they dare charge for entry too I have no idea. Avoid at all cost unless you want to eat a £5 hot dog while looking at demonstrations of potato peelers and electronic cigarettes. Never again!… Read Full Review

“Pedestrian rubbish and devoid of inspiration”

Written on: 04/04/2013 by Lacewing (1 review written)

Came down from Manchester for this and really sorry we did. About to undertake major remodelling of home and in need of some ideas and connections with relevant companies. Where were the high quality kitchen companies and cutting edge designers/builders etc? We spent around 4 hours and truly exhausted the place in our desperation to find something useful. Tried upstairs which appeared to be a physical version of QVC and we felt manipulated. Food and drink were lacking and expensive; we enjoyed a… Read Full Review

Sassyshopper's Response to Lacewing's Review

Written on: 15/07/2013

Thank you for this review, i too am remoddeling my home and I was going to attend this year but instead I chose to go the country living. so glad I did, I found the most fabulous company, everything is handmade and the wood is beautiful "make me something special" they made all my kitchen, engraved on the cupboards for me, I bought my chopping and bread board and even a few little treats for my new home, can not recommend them enough!

“disgusted that this exhibition would use anglian to...”

Written on: 04/04/2013

disgusted that this exhibition would use anglian to sponser THEM! anglian has failed on every level of service sold to me in respect of building a CONSERVATORY, door and WINDOWS! they were filmed on watchdog for their rip off SERVICE. even went as far as writing to all directors listed on companies HOUSE, wrote and spoke to every level of so called management and it got me NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!! all for the money the ideal home show has ruined their CREDIBILITY. if they choose one of the… Read Full Review

“Waste of time and money!!!!”

Written on: 31/03/2013 by dgibbett (1 review written)

What a waste of time.Its like a big Market with a load of tosh!!!!!!Which I may add you pay a lot to get into.May as well have gone to Camden market and at least could have had decent food instead of rubbish which was grossly overpriced!!!!!NEVER AGAIN!!!!… Read Full Review

“dreadful”

Written on: 30/03/2013

I have been going to the Ideal home exhibition on and off since 1957. Goodness how the mighty have fallen. Thankfully I had free tickets, but If I had had to pay an entrance fee I would have been more than angry. It's never been the same since it was left by the Daily Mail. Show houses awful - the Princes house trust was like a rabbit hutch and I'm sure that Charles would never live in it! Food over priced bits of lettuce like a service station and nothing what so ever to be impressed by -… Read Full Review

“What a disappointment ”

Written on: 26/03/2013 by Gabbycat (1 review written)

Was so looking forward to first visit and day out at the exhibition . Luckily got two tickets for £12 but not really worth even that . The food and drink prices a rip off . The stalls were that of a market . Not worth going and would not recommend to anyone . Beware of stalls selling items you can get just as cheap on Amazon namely the portable barbecues… Read Full Review

“wasted Afternoon”

Written on: 25/03/2013

A waste of an afternoon - went there to get some ideas for a house refurbishment i am about to undertake. It has really lost its sparkle and i left with a real feeling of diappointment and no inspiration. Although I managed to find a code to get a dsicount on my two tickets they were still expensive for this event. We had a snack upstairs £5.80 for a roll with a slither of beef in it. Pounced on by wardrobe sales people before we had even stepped on the stand and when we asked for a rough… Read Full Review

“we had an enjoyable family day out”

Written on: 24/03/2013 by enfieldmike (1 review written)

I went with my wife and 2 daughters aged 13 and 14 and had an enjoyable day. food stalls on first floor were great - we had delicious britIsh sausages in a roll, but for a fiver you could get a plate of curry. lebanese, pakistani, italian, filled baguettes and loads more...not to mention all the free samples of cheese, wine, vodka, gin, ice cream, olives, nuts, salami, fruit juice, coffee, olive oil, pickles, jams...etc. Daughters had their nails done, saw 2 great fashion shows, technology… Read Full Review

“Dreadful, waste of time and money”

Written on: 23/03/2013 by Honeybunn (1 review written)

First time at the exhibition with a like minded friend, very much looking forward to the day and planned to spend around 4 hours there. We walked into what looked like a flea market, repetitive stalls selling rubbish. Took a look over the balcony to see a crowded floor of salesmen, selling nothing of particular interest, (Anglian windows) did not queue up to look into show house as would have wasted 2 hours in the queue. On the plus side a couple of nice garden ideas. Thank The Lord we had… Read Full Review

Ritaed's Response to Honeybunn's Review

Written on: 24/03/2013

So true, i have been going for years, usually just out of habit and it used to be much better. last few years it has declined. There are too many boring companies like windows etc. and not enough interesting unusual stuff. The sales people try to drag you in for make overs etc and then want to sell you some overpriced product you can get for half the price. i reluctantly went to a clairvoyant a year ago. She was useless. Never told me anything. More like a cup of tea and chat with friend, without the tea!!! The year before did tarot reading, which consisted of putting my hand on a machine, and i got a printout with my birth date on it. Just a lot of rubbish and cost me £10 for that but £30 for the clairvoyant. Spent too much money on rubbish there