Rival GC9151 GEL DISK Reviews

Rival GC9151 GEL DISK - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Rival GC9151 GEL DISK

☆☆☆☆☆
Rival GC9151 GEL DISK

“The gearing on my Rival GC9151 broke on third use,...”

Written on: 27/08/2008

The gearing on my Rival GC9151 broke on third use, unit was replaced by original shop. But then the gearing broke on new machine on second use.

I would advise people not to purchase this model As the shop I bought it from is now out of business it is impossible to sort out the problems, two units dead within 12 months!… Read Full Review

Rival GC9151 GEL DISK

“Bought this product at our local PX. Got it home only...”

Written on: 12/03/2008 by giggle1113 (1 review written)

Bought this product at our local PX. Got it home only to find the gel pack was leaking. Brought it back to the store the next day and exchanged it. The new machine at first glance seemed to be great. I put the gel disc in the freezer immediately. The next day I start to make ice cream mixture and get excited. After chilling the mixture I turn the machine on so I can start pouring in the ice cream mixture. Before I could even pour the mixture in it stopped turning all of a sudden. We take the… Read Full Review

Rival GC9151 GEL DISK

“Piece of Chinese Junk. We bought at discount from...”

Written on: 10/07/2007 by hornman 64 (3 reviews written)

Piece of Chinese Junk. We bought at discount from Rite-aid store, closing many months ago. Won't even try service… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to hornman 64's Review

Written on: 24/07/2011

Did you throw away the lid? I need the lid.

Bjajone7@yahoo.com

Rival GC9151 GEL DISK

“The very first time I turned my Rival GC9151 GEL DISK...”

Written on: 27/12/2005 by jeffrean (1 review written)

The very first time I turned my Rival GC9151 GEL DISK Ice Cream Maker on, the tiny motor started grinding, throwing sparks out the back, and I could smell burning plastic. It never turned once. But such a cheaply made product is at least covered by warranty right? Yeah, but you have to pay shipping there and back, which together comes to more than the cost of the product. That's a pretty sneaky way for a company to avoid ever having to provide any warranty support for a bad product.

If you… Read Full Review

Magnetic's Response to jeffrean's Review

Written on: 04/01/2006

I was sorry to read of your bad experience with this item. For my part, I have nothing but good experiences in use. I have owned it for over a year and it is still working beautifully and producing very good ice cream.

Localzuk's Response to jeffrean's Review

Written on: 04/05/2006

I had almost the same experience. The motor gets incredibly hot and stops turning. It smells of burning plastic. Will be taking it back to the store I bought it from.

Rival GC9151 GEL DISK

“I really hadn't planned to buy an ice cream maker. ...”

Written on: 05/02/2005 by Magnetic (33 reviews written)

I really hadn't planned to buy an ice cream maker. In fact, I had been so disillusioned by one that I had years ago that it had quite put me off the idea all together as it had been so much hassle that it was never used and, in fact, it even managed to get itself broken without ever having BEEN used. Quite a record in our household!

Why then did I choose the Rival. Well, to be honest, I saw it demonstrated on television and it looked so easy that I couldn't resist it. The main… Read Full Review

Jeffrean's Response to Magnetic's Review

Written on: 27/12/2005

Wow, I'm guessing you actually work for Rival, don't you? I've never seen such a hugely glowing review of such an obviously cheap product. Search elsewhere on the web and you'll find a bunch of reviews that all state this product doesn't work (including my experience). You seem to be the only one who not only made it work but found it to be the greatest product ever. Don't trust this review.

Magnetic's Response to Magnetic's Review

Written on: 04/01/2006

Having just read Jeffrean's comment I felt that I should add one of my own.
<br>No, I do NOT work for Rival, nor (as I state in my review) had I previously heard of the company. I write as I find. I honestly found the item to work well - and still do - far better than previously owned more expensive products. I can only say that anyone finding differently has either been very unlucky or not followed the instructions correctly. They are, of course, free to review the item with their own views.