Barnston Riding School, Gills Lane, Pensby Reviews

Barnston Riding School, Gills Lane, Pensby

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Poor customer care.”

Written on: 22/11/2012 by helengraves14 (1 review written)

My nine year old daughter has been attending Barnston stables for a few months now after being so disheartened with riding schools on the Wirral. We have been really happy up until today. My daughter caught a sickness bug and was violently ill during the night. When I phoned the center to cancel her lesson for that evening in 71/2 hrs time. I was told they needed more notice in future. The young man on the telephone was totally unsympathetic, arrogant and rude. He told me I obviously haven't… Read Full Review

“I rode at Barnston for 2 years!At pony club there was...”

Written on: 03/04/2011

I rode at Barnston for 2 years!At pony club there was a private lesson with half the barn and we had 16 horses with the other half.It was at christmas.All the horses were getting ready to go to sleep all warmed up with there rugs on.Then we open there stable doors and tack them up!I was on lucy.My mum was helping with Saxon.When i took Lucy in i turned her by Jodie.Then Alfie wanted to get past.So being kind I turned Lucy round to let him throw.Thats when it all went wrong.Lucy reared up!Some… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2011

All of the horses and ponies at Barnston are nice but they are exactly that, horses and ponies and as for all animals are unpredictable. It is not ideal to have that many ponies in half of the school and I hope a lesson has been learned.

“Don't do it the people that own it are so wrong and...”

Written on: 28/02/2011

Don't do it the people that own it are so wrong and not from this world. The two sons are on drugs… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 23/06/2011

The owners are rarely on the yard and what they get up to behind closed doors has nothing to do with how the riding school is ...

“My 7 year old Daughter began her lessons at Barnston...”

Written on: 26/01/2011

My 7 year old Daughter began her lessons at Barnston Riding center in September 2010. BIG MISTAKE!! The lessons started off okay in the indoor arena with approx 6 horses to a lesson and 1 teacher. I thought this seemed acceptable. I was charged £14 for the lesson and told if i was not going to lead the horse myself I would have to pay an extra £3 for one of the young stable hands to do it!
My Daughter had fortnightly lessons and after the first one, each lesson became more and more of a… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“She really made me feel down about riding when now i...”

Written on: 10/02/2007 by xtrastar (1 review written)

She really made me feel down about riding when now i have my own horse!!!! haha… Read Full Review

Tinkertailor's Response to xtrastar's Review

Written on: 26/08/2007

glad im not the only one that feels the same about this riding school.booked a lunge lesson to concentrate on my balance ,didnt get lunge lesson instead put on a spooky 15hh horse that was frightened of its own shadow,got thrown once in the indoor school and again outside. Total time in saddle 5mins and i called it a day,no refund and no chance of ever returning. Used to ride there in the 70's and my god how things have changed.