Combro CB-625 Chronograph Reviews

Combro CB-625 Chronograph - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Combro CB-625 Chronograph

Combro CB-625 Chronograph
Combro CB-625 Chronograph

“Good things are often small this is one of them”

Written on: 16/08/2014 by 265Bruce (1 review written)

The compact cb-625 is very good for PCP & CO2 not so with break barrel rifles as it moves without you noticing it . My brother shot the right hand sensor off using it on a b/b , he sent it back asking if it could be repaired, they sent us a new one, that was AAA+ service. This month I shot the same sensor off on a gas ram, but it still worked until yesterday when I turned my Rat gun barrel down as the co2 bottle stuck in the air tube & the chrono just brushed my trousers & broke where it slides… Read Full Review

“Combro 625 not working on the sun light and brake...”

Written on: 16/08/2011

Hello, 1. Problem: Combro 625 is made from transparent dark or blue plastic. Because during the day the sun light outside is much more stronger then diode light inside (also in the shadows) - measuring doesn't work (work only inside), to correct this problem you need to cover upper part with black tape. 2. Problem: Mechanically after 1 shot with 16J gun brake holder between the barrel and front part with computer and display via back kick of the gun (tested with Hatsan 55S) … Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 06/06/2012

I have a BSA Lightning XL 2.2 (11.98 Ftp) with "Bisley Premeir" 17.5 grain pellets.
I found the "Combro" a very poor buy.
The plastic v rest was out of line with the rest of the device, also it is very brittle plastic the mount point shattered with the 5th shot and as such would not reccomend this device to anyone.

Kingstar's Comment

Written on: 16/10/2013

Hi!
No problems at all with this chronograph.
Outside in a sunshine day : NO problems at all !
Results OK !
The only few week detail I found it's don't have a fixing system or adapter to the barrel.
For the money we can not ask for a Chrono !
Pedro
Portugal
Cometa Lynx V10 MKII
Diana 27 / Norika 61

Secretagentmole's Comment

Written on: 26/09/2012

Wrong, I have checked the power of my 60S with a 625 mark 4, as well as an HW95S, TX200, Meteor Mark IV, Condor 25D, Airsporter and Mercury, at power levels from 8 to 16 joules! No breaks.

The Case is not made from transparent plastic.

I have used mine outdoors, with sunlight above me, behind me, to the left and to the right, it does not matter what position the sun is in, it works.

It seems that you could not be bothered to align the Combro correctly which will account for you breaking it and getting bad readings. try reading the instructions and operating it properly!

“Works great with my PCP Air rifle inc silencer. Dead...”

Written on: 10/12/2009

Works great with my PCP Air rifle inc silencer. Dead simple to set up and use, consistent results. Clips on with elastic band. Good value for money… Read Full Review

“Combro CB-625 Chronograph can't fault it.. ”

Written on: 28/09/2009

Combro CB-625 Chronograph can't fault it..
Brought mine found out it was a Grey import from uttings I think the warranty not valid in the uk..
UK models should have fps and pds buttons not metric M/S and J.

I also got a serial cable and log the data to the computer through the software supplied that really makes the unit for me saves having to press the reset button after every shot. I get a big display of the numbers on the pc and a shot count. You can then feed the Pellet.log file it creates… Read Full Review

“Cheap & cheerful chrono. Does what it says on the tin....”

Written on: 23/07/2009

Cheap & cheerful chrono. Does what it says on the tin. Using the pc interface (available from Combro) nice & easy. Have used it with both PCP and Springers with equally good results.
Gets my Vote… Read Full Review

“Small, light, Compact, great for "on the go" Testing...”

Written on: 26/02/2009

Small, light, Compact, great for "on the go" Testing to keep you aware of your rifles power. When i saw the Combro CB-625 Chrono (mk4)on the web it looked pretty small to me. when i purchased one it was even smaller couldn't believe it.

I would recommend for PCP's/ Co2 Rifles. havent tried it on a springer/ gas ram/ pistol so i will not say i wouldnt recommend it.

Use of the chrono is straight forward you press and hold reset button to set the pellet weight or settings. then reset press once… Read Full Review

“Had this chronograph for a year now and tested several...”

Written on: 03/02/2008 by teluk (27 reviews written)

Had this chronograph for a year now and tested several guns with it.
It seems to be accurate but I have had some strange readings but put this down to temperature etc. (.22 pellet fluctuating between 610 and 780 fps)
Very easy to use--once you have entered the pellet weight the chronograph will tell you the ft per second and at the press of a button the Ft Lbs. It also remembers your previous results.
Be careful to make sure your pellet travels between the sensors and not at an angle. One… Read Full Review

“I'm wondering how much light is needed to run this...”

Written on: 08/01/2008 by queens own (1 review written)

I'm wondering how much light is needed to run this thing accurately?
In dim lighting conditions mine is out by 1/2 a ft/lb??… Read Full Review

“I bought one of these little chronographs for £39.99,...”

Written on: 04/01/2007 by danche (18 reviews written)

I bought one of these little chronographs for £39.99, and I think it was a good investment, It has a basic LED screen and you attach it on the end of your barrel when you need to use it, it is adjustable for all barrel sizes and also it will adjust to size if you have a silencer fitted

For an airgunner to keep an eye on the power level of his gun especially to keep within legal limits, or for an airgunner who likes to make modifcations to their guns it is a must have

It gives the pellet speed… Read Full Review

Bytethebullet's Response to danche's Review

Written on: 05/07/2009

I found this review helpful because...<br/><br/>All salient points were addressed

“The CB-625 is a compact chronograph designed to be...”

Written on: 01/02/2005 by haggardpete (10 reviews written)

The CB-625 is a compact chronograph designed to be mounted on the muzzle of an air weapon. Its produced by a UK small company and is not always available, though Ramsbottom's came up trumps for me. It has a very simple design, a plastic oblong case about 6cm*4cm*1. 5cm. The pellet passes along the top of the oblong passing through two plastic hoops which contain sensors. The unit has three buttons, one to show Feet-per-second, one to show Foot-pounds and one to re-set for the next shot. Holding… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/02/2005

I too purchased one of these and it has returned some interesting results using my Weihrauch HW99S.
<br>With Accupells .22 weight 14.4 grains I got a reading of 11.9 ft/lb , with Bisley Pest Control 11.6 ft/lbs BUT and here is the problem, with H & N Hollowpoints I recorded a speed of 668 ft/sec translating to over 15 ft/lbs. I repeated the test and got the same. Has anyone any idea how this could be correct.

Nickhead's Response to haggardpete's Review

Written on: 02/05/2006

You should clean the sensors on the combro periodically. A lot of spent lead is ejected from the bore and this could settle on the sensors. They are very narrow in beamwidth and wouldnt take a lot to \"cloud\" them over.
Nick

One Shot's Response to haggardpete's Review

Written on: 13/04/2006

I have had my 625 mk4 now for around a year - i got mine directly from combro, who manufacture it, along with another bit of kit plus software to connect the chrony to the pc - absolutely brilliant! I use my 625 with my AA 310 PCP and have no probs at all. In response to woodfl's problem, i think either the literature or one of the two guys who made it, did say that problems may arrise if the unit is used with springer type air rifles - due to the recoil? I know you cant use it with powder though.
<br>Hope this helps,
<br>One Shot

Moley61's Response to haggardpete's Review

Written on: 08/10/2005

I agree with the review, it's a marvellous bit of kit. I've had no problems with mine in a year of use, although if you're a hamfisted oaf like me it can be a bit fiddly on the buttons. I use cable ties to attach it as the rubber bands can let it move on a spring rifle which at best gives odd readings and at worst could allow you to shoot the sensors although the manufacturer does advertise a kit to repair exactly this damage.

Woodfl's Response to haggardpete's Review

Written on: 01/05/2005

I used insulating tape because I had to use a small piece of folded tape as a shim to correctly align the infra-red sensors and get a correct reading (before the unit packed up on me), I also feel that this is a safer method of attaching the unit to the barrel end and I had pleanty of tape to hand.
<br>
<br>The rifle being tested was a .22 HW90K (not FAC)
<br>
<br>I've since received a full refund for the defective unit from JSR no problem :-)

Written on: 28/04/2005

What air rifle did you try it on and why are you using insulating tape as the elastic bands are a much better idea. There are lugs on the combo to accomodate these and I found it worked well and gave consistent results with a Webley Excel and a Weihrauch HW99S.

Woodfl's Response to haggardpete's Review

Written on: 26/04/2005

Got a brand new CB-625 MkIV version from JS Ramsbottom, used insulating (plastic) tape to attach to rifle barrel (with careful parallel / straight alignment with pellet path exiting the mussle).
<br>
<br>Used it successfully on the 1st 3 occasions (3 x 14 shots) but then the 'cloud' on the lcd display indicating blocked/dirty/malfunctioning infra red beam sensor would not go out, causing the unit to present unreliable data.
<br>
<br>I have sent item back to JSR and have asked for a refund :-(
<br>
<br>Conclusion: I don't think this unit is up to the rigors of testing recoiling air rifles!
<br>
<br>I hope to be able to get a 'Chrony'chronograph in the near future - which is more expensive and looks like it should be on Dr Who! but is freestanding and not subjected to recoil/shock from the rifle/pistol being tested.

Superduke's Response to haggardpete's Review

Written on: 07/03/2005

I bought a Combro last week and it shows that the longer the barrel is on a Co2 pistol,the greater the velocity achieved.So a 8 inch S+W 586/ 686 is much quicker than the 4 inch.Good review!

Written on: 16/02/2005

Pete , you are absolutely correct. I got the weight for the H & N Hollowpoints from 2 different sources and both said 15.7 grains. It finally dawned on me that they must both be wrong so I checked on H & N's German website and lo and behold they gave it as 12.65 grains. Some difference and I thought I had discovered the Holy Grail of high performance pellets. In fairness both Uttings and Extorian changed their website immediately I informed them, see links
<br>http://www.extorian.co.uk/shooting/pellets.html
<br>https://secweb1.pipemedia.net/uttings/accessories/pellets.html
<br>Thanks for coming back to me anyway and I rate the Combro very highly.

Haggardpete's Response to haggardpete's Review

Written on: 15/02/2005

H&N hollow points are exceptionally light and weigh (in theory) 12.78 grains. So at 12 foot pounds would be travelling at 650 FPS. Assuming the weight of the pellet is correct this would put you at 12.68 foot pounds. However I suspect you have light pellets. You can change the default pellet weight of 15 grains by going into the set-up on your combro.
<br>
<br>For pellet weight and energy calculations take a look at a freeware software package called AGPower.
<br>Hope this helps. Pete