Volvo V70 T5 Reviews

• Practicality

• Reliability

Volvo V70 T5 - Ask a question now

“Ex plod T5”

Written on: 23/11/2012 by russellwheeler185 (1 review written)

Having owned my T5 for 4 years, it has now covered 273k, 120k in my ownership. I cannot ask for a more reliable, low cost ownership car.It goes like a train, and with LPG is not too heavy on the fuel costs. Makes an excellent tow car. Bad points - x police must use a "sports" chassis, which on anything less than a billiard table smooth road, results in crashing around. It's big and heavy, certainly no sports car round windy roads It's not that fast off the mark, but once on the move flies, so… Read Full Review

“Volvo V70 T5 SE 2005”

Written on: 27/08/2012 by NorfolkPloppy (1 review written)

Now, this is the 4th Volvo I have owned. 1st Volvo was a 850 t5... wow,,, was like a boat and flew like a plane! milage when I sold it around 220,000 miles. 2nd Volvo was a 2001 Volvo V70 D5 , very nice, but very heavy front end. Economical but not that great. Got around 39mpg . Had issues with the speedo display, kept going wrong and this is a factor with V70s from the years 2000 to 2003. Milage when is sold it 220,000 miles. 3rd Volvo was a V70 T5 se ex Police armed response vehicle… Read Full Review

“On impulse, when changing our old Volvo estate, we...”

Written on: 23/01/2010

On impulse, when changing our old Volvo estate, we bought our V70T5 with low mileage(40,000,ex-demonstrator and one lady owner and very reasonable price. I feel it is a fabulous car which has everything, but my wife is less impressed - she does not like its poor turning circle and low height (she bangs her head on tail gate).I find hard suspension irritating and, at times, alarming and it will exacerbate any rattles from stowed items.As an 80 year old, I am not usually allowed to exercise… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 24/01/2012

I hope I am still buying fast cars on impulse at 80. Splendid long live the Saga louts!

“Having lost my Volvo V70 SE in an accident recently,...”

Written on: 16/02/2008 by Claire White (1 review written)

Having lost my Volvo V70 SE in an accident recently, it is only now that I can totally appreciate what an amazing car it was. I have always thought of it as the most comfortable, well equipped, practical car that I have ever owned. As well as being a good workhorse, it was also great fun to drive. I took great pleasure in pulling up at traffic lights (with kids and shopping in the back-not exactly sporty!) and pulling away from most cars when the lights went green. Unfortunately my beloved car… Read Full Review

“Had a 850 T5, Volva V70 classic T5 auto and now a...”

Written on: 23/01/2008 by Golli (1 review written)

Had a 850 T5, Volva V70 classic T5 auto and now a Volvo V70 T5 (Phase II). 850 put biggest smile on face in its day it was grteat! This latest V70 is a more mature version and more relaxing and comfortable. Value for money as a second hand purchase is great. Had BMW's, Audi A6 (V6), discovery but keep coming back to the V70. Great all round family car. In T5 form Dad has fun, kids are safe and wife and in-laws think you are a sensible family man....little do they know… Read Full Review

“A great cross between a family car and an off-road...”

Written on: 10/02/2007 by barhiggins (1 review written)

A great cross between a family car and an off-road transport. There's plenty of comfortable space in the cabin, one thing I appreciate in the V70. The amount of cabin space allows for some sort of a movable pad really, comfort and all. The V70 T5's average power output of about 300bhp and the all-drive steering setup ensure that the car will not sissy out on the trail. Speaking of negotiating the trail, there is something about the V70 look that makes it seem out of place on the off-road. It… Read Full Review

“Big car - Very economical 40-47mpg on motorway even...”

Written on: 11/07/2005 by printerinlondon (1 review written)

Big car - Very economical 40-47mpg on motorway even with aircon on all the time.

You wont believe the Volvo V70 T5 is a diesel unless you get out of it

On the motorway its a moving leather armchair!

Hard to beat - had it since new and i'd love to keep it till its 10 years old… Read Full Review

Peter Bulman's Response to printerinlondon's Review

Written on: 15/12/2006

May I respectfully explain why I said the review was un-helpfull - The vehicle reviewed is in the wrong section ie it is NOT a T5 (High performance petrol), it is a D5 (Diesel)
<br/>Yours
<br/>PDB

“Tempted by a particularly good deal with the Volvo V70...”

Written on: 01/07/2004 by Verjiseldip (1 review written)

Tempted by a particularly good deal with the Volvo V70 T5 Executive Car, I opted for the T5 version of the V70 and have had the vehicle for approx 8 months now. The performance is tremendous coupled with the usual V70 qualities of space, comfort and safety. I don't drive it particularly hard but the acceleration when required is superb and makes the car even safer by reducing overtaking time and allowing you to accelerate out of trouble on occasions. Given my relatively gentle right foot, I… Read Full Review

“I have been waiting for many years to get a Volvo V70...”

Written on: 20/11/2003 by guinnessdrinker (1 review written)

I have been waiting for many years to get a Volvo V70 T5 and the other month i did, im only 22, call me old before my time, but i really like it. Even before i was used to the speed i had an ECU upgrade. It basically took the car from Of 240 bhp to 310@5200, and torque of around 400. As you can imagine it is much quicker and it keeps me on the edge driving all of the time, i have to really concentrate especially when in a fast mood as the mixture of torque and bhp make me work sometimes. Id… Read Full Review

206151_Colin124's Response to guinnessdrinker's Review

Written on: 14/08/2005

I agree, just got t5 w reg, latest shape done 99,000 but realy goes great, drives like a pussycat or a complete animial, love it. Only had it a couple of days, so can't give much history yet

Organmarine's Response to guinnessdrinker's Review

Written on: 02/02/2012

Nice car & fast. BUT a 22yr old has very little experience. When I was 22yrs old I KNEW I had great experience. I was wrong. Every day, month, year I drove I learned.
I am now 67ish! and I believe the height of my driving safety, wisdom and experience was around the age of 50yrs.
Drive carefully young man, and learn the art of defensive driving.
Regards,,
Well wisher.

Muller1's Response to guinnessdrinker's Review

Written on: 02/01/2007

I bought an ex-police Volvo T5 from a used police car specialist in Birmingham.
<br/>I flew down from Aberdeen to collect the car, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it since getting in to it.
<br>
<br/>I had the e-prom re-mapped, and I now have just over 310 hp, and need to keep the DSTC control on so as to save tyres.
<br/>
<br>I had a 2001 Diesel V70. I gave it to my better half, and I now run the T5 and love it to bits.
<br/>
<br>I do not think you can get better usability and fun from any other car at the price I paid for it.
<br/>
<br>I should have bought one years ago.
<br>ENJOY

Ninjas's Response to guinnessdrinker's Review

Written on: 17/01/2006

nice car perfect the 240 bhp cd version wicked. there might be better cars but not for the same price range