BMW 3 Series 318 is Reviews

Written on: 22/11/2013

what a car, great handling, build, economy… Read Full Review

“my fave car!”

Written on: 25/09/2013

this car runs so smooth on the road it is like the key has not even been turned on and already i cant believe its true that engineering is so advanced these days especially in Germany. all of my favorite cars are from Germany andmost of the are bmw's they are the best cars the have been on the road for so long i think they can go even further if they make the 3 series in to something bigger and join all of their ideas then they will make a mastermind project. thanks d3bz… Read Full Review

“Brilliant Sport Coupe”

Written on: 14/08/2013 by buddhamon (1 review written)

The ultimate driving machine indeed! I bought a 1998 5 speed standard 6 months ago and am delighted with her. It sips gas, accelerates like a rocket and still turns heads at every intersection. Gleaming black paint on black leather results in the ultimate sports coupe. At a weight of only 2800 pounds she handles like a go cart on rails. Forget the new Asian coupes. For 1/4 of the price find a well maintained BMW and enjoy German quality… Read Full Review

“just would like to mention i can get 0-60mph in just...”

Written on: 12/01/2009 by irish beefsteak (1 review written)

just would like to mention i can get 0-60mph in just over 5 seconds, and i'm about to tell you how, you will need very to be very fast, and have good gera change timing, in first gear, after taking off, take the rev to aprox 6,900, as fast as you can, change to 2nd gear, take the revs to 6,500-6,700, that is between 55-60mph, and again change to 3rd, the acceleration u put into 2nd would have pushed you over 60-mph as you just put it into 3rd, do it correctly and you got a beast, well at least… Read Full Review

“I have owned three E36 BMW coupes, a 1995 318is a 1996...”

Written on: 27/03/2008 by Big Dave Midlands (25 reviews written)

I have owned three E36 BMW coupes, a 1995 318is a 1996 323i, and a 1999 318is. The E36 seriously impressed me and still does. A well maintained E36 will still compare well or even out drive many modern family saloons and hatchbacks available for the same money especially the 6 cylinder models, however this review will only be covering the 318is variant.
As the E36 coupe range has two distinct periods, I have split the 318 is review into two parts. The first part dealing with pre 1996 cars and… Read Full Review

Barnz's Response to Big Dave Midlands's Review

Written on: 08/03/2009

I found this review insightful, I have gained further knowledge and will certainly use some of the tips when searching for a 1999 318is to replace my 1997 316i compact.

Exupboy1000's Response to Big Dave Midlands's Review

Written on: 31/10/2009

Liked the review, ive driven 1992 318is and currently 1993 318is m42 engine I would just like to say dont be put off with loads of owners and high milages, my car has don 167000miles has had 10 owners no sign of any history and drives like a dream 36mpg still clocks 130+ or mebe im just lucky. best cars i have owned cheers

“BMW 3 Series 318 is beautiful to drive. fantastic in...”

Written on: 07/12/2007

BMW 3 Series 318 is beautiful to drive. fantastic in corners, holds to the road well.I first had the 93 model. It was beautiful. sunroof, superb handling a real head turner. Even though it was a K reg, people couldn't believe. I now have the 98-99 model with the M-tec kit. beautiful minus the sunroof. my next car? quite possibly the 323 or 325ci… Read Full Review

“The BMW 318 is most reliable car I have ever owned. ”

Written on: 10/08/2007 by ciordan (1 review written)

The BMW 318 is most reliable car I have ever owned.
After a 500 miles trip, and getting sick on the boat, when I got home I didn't feel exhausted.
15 years old, without full service history and still fuel consumption is as per manual.
I am driving it for almost a year now, and apart from engine oil, I did not have to spend a penny on it.
Great, beautiful, comfortable, powerful, and so on ....... I am not a mechanic, nor had I owned many cars before, but believe me, I know what quality and value… Read Full Review

“I love this car, it's changed my perception of what a...”

Written on: 18/07/2007 by djdanj (2 reviews written)

I love this car, it's changed my perception of what a car should feel like. Great fun on windy roads (RWD!) and eats up the motorways. Happily cruised from London to Scotland and back.

For me BMW = the ultimate driving machine!… Read Full Review

“All together, I think it's a brilliant car for the...”

Written on: 29/11/2006 by LimMcSlim (3 reviews written)

All together, I think it's a brilliant car for the person who really enjoys driving. It's not super fast, but I think it was born to rev hard, and it is very punchy for a 13 year old 1800cc. It has lots of power above 4000rmp, and it pulls like a trooper all the way through the red.

The clutch is nice and springy, with a lot of feel, and the gearbox is very sharp, and once you get used to the sensitivity of the controls it starts to feel very rewarding.

The steering is very precise and… Read Full Review

Big Dave Midlands's Response to LimMcSlim's Review

Written on: 24/03/2008

I found this review unhelpful because it does not detail issues with the cars, know weak points, cost of ownership, recalls, dealer experiences, updates during it the life of the car... This is far from an 'expert' review and I feel no better prepared to buy one after reading.

“This car is my first BMW, after having owned 2 Hondas,...”

Written on: 03/08/2005 by deepeyez (2 reviews written)

This car is my first BMW, after having owned 2 Hondas, and has been quite an experience for me. While it is a little slow compared to some of the other BMW's out there, I have adjusted to a more casual style of driving and I'm still loving it.

The finish of this vehicle is excellent (luckily I bought it off someone who had taken good care of it) and it reeks of quality. A good polish and wax and this thing looks brand new.

I prefer the look of this model to the newer ones, as it seems a bit… Read Full Review

“This car is my first BMW after having owned two Hondas...”

Written on: 03/08/2005 by deepeyez (2 reviews written)

This car is my first BMW after having owned two Hondas and has been quite an experience for me. While it is a little slow compared to some of the other BMWs out there I have adjusted to a more casual style of driving and I'm still loving it.

I prefer the look of this model to the newer ones as it seems a bit more… Read Full Review

“I loved this BMW 3 Series 318 sports car and it broke...”

Written on: 15/04/2005 by territracey (1 review written)

I loved this BMW 3 Series 318 sports car and it broke my heart when I sold it, aah! I know its only a car but it was a real head turner and although heavy was quick of the mark. I owned my red 318is coupe for 6 months and in that time forked out for 4 new tyres, back bearing a new head gasket (the old one was completely unreparable - couldn't even be skimmed) plus labour £££££!!!!

Mine was an exceptional version despite all of this - i'm refering to its bodywork and interior.

In the end it… Read Full Review

“Ive just changed my 318is for a BMW 325 Ci and love...”

Written on: 24/09/2001 by Jerry Cain. (1 review written)

Ive just changed my 318is for a BMW 325 Ci and love the new car. The 318is has better handling (just) but isnt as well mannered for long journeys… Read Full Review