Olympus C-1 Reviews

• Image Quality

Olympus C-1 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Olympus C-1

Olympus C-1

“For its time, the best and most expensive. mine is the...”

Written on: 23/07/2010 by colin peacock (1 review written)

For its time, the best and most expensive. mine is the one of the first.i love the software and all the the real Camera tricks that it let's you do. my only problem is the two very fragile snibs that hold the battery cover in place… Read Full Review

Olympus C-1

“The Olympus C-1 is a delightful little camera that is...”

Written on: 11/09/2003 by tcbiker (1 review written)

The Olympus C-1 is a delightful little camera that is a true 'point and shoot' device. With the HQ picture quality selected, it will store 200 pictures on a 64 Mb card, enough for anyone. It will fit into your shirt pocket and the lanyard supplied is long enough to loop around your neck for security. One of the nicest cameras I've used… Read Full Review

“See above, ”

Written on: 05/04/2002 by Ben Prins. (1 review written)

See above,

I'm quite happy with my Olympus C1 zoom digital camera, it' s fun to use it. Especially during cycling tours because it's so small and light… Read Full Review

Olympus C-1

“I bought this Olympus C1 zoom digital camera to...”

Written on: 07/03/2002 by Felix T. Wu. (1 review written)

I bought this Olympus C1 zoom digital camera to replace my compact camera Ricoh FF7Z as well as the very old Sony Mavica FD-71. After I have took several pictures with this camera in the retailer, I determined to buy this C1. I found that this camera provides much much better images than my old Sony DSC especially in dark enviromnent and a similar images quality compared with the Ricoh one in 3R photos. I cannot say anything to criticize the image quality but I think that Olympus can do… Read Full Review

Olympus C-1

“I bought this Olympus c1 zoom digital camera as a...”

Written on: 11/02/2002 by Brentford Bob. (1 review written)

I bought this Olympus c1 zoom digital camera as a replacement for a Fuji A201 which I found limiting because of the lack of zoom lens and a poor flash.
The Olympus meets my requirements on both counts. The overall image quality seems good and it's generally easy to use.
My only complaints would be the gravelly sounding zoom and the VERY annoying delay between the shutter being pressed and the actual picture being taken. More often than not the subject has moved in this time!… Read Full Review

Olympus C-1

“This camera is suited as a first digital camera. It...”

Written on: 11/11/2001 by Shaziya. (1 review written)

This camera is suited as a first digital camera. It is ideal for taking the odd picture here and there. I was disapointed with the battery life. Whilst the advertisers boast it has a long life, I found it lasted three days.

I would not recommend this camera for somebody who wanted to take pictures regularly. The software CAMEDIA is mediocre and offers basic features such as lighting, instant fix… Read Full Review

Olympus C-1

“The Olympus C1 Zoom is my first digital camera for...”

Written on: 05/11/2001 by Russ. (1 review written)

The Olympus C1 Zoom is my first digital camera for home use. I bought it with the intention of using it alongside my SLR. But since buying it the SLR hasn't seen the light of day.
I was impressed the second I took the Olympus out of the box. Its small and compact but still feels well made. The controls were very easy to learn and downloading pictures is a breeze if you are using Me/2000.
The Olympus zoom button is perfectly sited and other options are easily accessed via navigation buttons on… Read Full Review

13898_John.'s Response to 5518_Russ.'s Review

Written on: 25/02/2002

I think this review is very helpful to me

Olympus C-1

“It is my first digital camera so I cannot judge it...”

Written on: 16/10/2001 by Pete Howard. (1 review written)

It is my first digital camera so I cannot judge it against others. However I am pleased with the picture quality.

The lens cover has nothing to get hold of to pull it open. It only has a slightly lipped edge. Consequently when trying to open the cover, instead of the force being applied laterally to slide the cover back, more force seems to be applied towards the camera face, to get the grip, to slide the cover across.

The zoom toggle switch doesn't feel very positive. It's better used with a… Read Full Review

Olympus C-1

“Instructions could be a lot clearer. Better...”

Written on: 24/09/2001 by Janet MacKinnon. (1 review written)

Instructions could be a lot clearer. Better explanations of diagrams needed. The manual diagrams could be more detailed instead of a little diagrams… Read Full Review