Connells Estate Agents Reviews

Connells Estate Agents - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Connells Estate Agents

Connells Estate Agents

“AVOID WEYMOUTH ESPECIALLY MORGAGE CONSULTANT”

Written on: 19/07/2014 by McClearyhx395 (1 review written)

Very unprofessional branch all round. Sent confidential papers to incorrect person. Forcibly tried to push own solicitors and EXTREMELY slow sending documentation. Had to chase many times. The morgage advisor very unhelpful could not understand basic mortgage/deposit calculations. Also the pestering phone calls trying to advertise houses which were nothing like the criteria we specified… Read Full Review

“Never use Connells! (Leicester Branch)”

Written on: 14/07/2014

As first time buyers we invested a lot of trust in Connells Leicester. The estate agent we delt with was polite enough although 'not in the office at the moment' EVERY time we rang (but happened to always be there when we popped in). We had our initial mortgage advice through Connells by a polite and friendly advisor. However they charge £400 for the same service you will be provided with for free in most places. When we went through all of our financial commitments, bank statements and pay… Read Full Review

“Connells Kettering Branch”

Written on: 13/07/2014 by Clayton275 (1 review written)

I would like to let you all know about the bad experience that I have had with Connells Kettering branch which is run by a 35 year old sales manager who is having it away with a 21 year old Lettings manager who between them are forging customers signatures and in their words look after the Landlords and forget (Substitute Word) the tenants for as much money they can. They are rude and obnoxious and staff that have worked there have left for other branches as they are both unbearable to work… Read Full Review

“They are too rude! The still haven't refunded me back...”

Written on: 22/06/2014 by Aishahanga (1 review written)

They are too rude! The still haven't refunded me back my deposit, 1 year now, my worst experience ever, all the staff are too rude, where ever you see Connells run away as fast as you can don't look back, the whole company will soon break down the way they have broken down people and treated them with disrespect, you need to do something about yourselves, I will never get tired of writing reviews about these incompetent ignorant people… Read Full Review

“Lazy, Rude & Incompetent”

Written on: 28/05/2014 by Maxwell254 (1 review written)

I have never met such bad estate agents in my life. On the rare occasion when they call you they tell you complete rubbish. Never return your calls, I have sat in their office while they tell callers the person they want is on the other line, has a client with them etc when they clearly have not. They upset my buyer then deny they have spoke to her. I have done more work on my sale and purchase and they have and its their job !!!!!! They argue with you when they realise you are right and they… Read Full Review

“Rude and incompetent ”

Written on: 26/05/2014 by Halesowen2014 (1 review written)

Went into the Halesowen branch and was met with rudeness and total incompetence of the so called branch manager - his customer service skills were non existent and he lacked sensitivity and consideration to both tenant and landlord , we were threatened and I personally have not been exposed to such rude behaviour. I urge anybody thinking of approaching this branch to seriously think again.... Formal complaint in progress… Read Full Review

“Halesowen - SHOCKING SERVICE!!!!!”

Written on: 21/04/2014 by CMD777 (1 review written)

On initial enquiry, they seemed to have our best interest in hand, how wrong could we be! We were in a position for a no chain sale and that's when they just saw pound signs and no care for customer service. If they could sell houses quicker than the staff could pass the buck, they would make millions!!! Our initial conversations were full of promises to market, sell and keep us informed at all stages of the process, if it wasn't for us talking to our buyers directly we had no contact from… Read Full Review

“Worst ever experience”

Written on: 11/02/2014

I had a contract for 20 weeks to sell my property in the summer, the busiest of time of year to sell a house. Connells managed to find no one in that time to see my property. The customer service was abhorrent. When you eventually made an appointment with someone they never turned up. Most appointments required several phone calls. Every effort in trying to sell my house was made by me, no suggestions came from them as they didn't seem to care as long as they could fleece you with their… Read Full Review

“Don't seem to want to sell!”

Written on: 06/02/2014 by daveinbrum (1 review written)

I would like to view a property which Connells in Birmingham City Centre are selling but despite phoning and emailing, the person who's dealing with it isn't calling me back. Don't they want to sell it? I'm sure the current owners wouldn't be pleased if they knew about this… Read Full Review

“Worst Estate Agents I've come across!”

Written on: 15/01/2014

The Bristol Filton Branch of this company is probably the worst company I have ever dealt with. They are unreliable, don’t tell the truth and I am surprised people are still using them! I found most of the staff, young and inexperienced. I would avoid Connells Filton at ALL costs… Read Full Review

“Connells Watford - I had booked a viewing recently...”

Written on: 11/01/2014 by connellswatford (1 review written)

Connells Watford - I had booked a viewing recently with them a week in advance. I was assured viewing has been booked. As me and my partner arrived at the rail station nearby we gave them a call to inform we are on our way to property. We were new to the place hence were late by 15 mins, however we called them to inform we are late, kindly wait for us. As we arrived at the property, it was closed and there was no one to attend to us. We gave a call back to the office only to be told… Read Full Review

“Leamington branch sales and letting ”

Written on: 11/12/2013

Absolutely incompetent. Attempted to buy a house with them only upon a simple survey to find that it was built with materials deemed unsuitable by an act of parliament so thankfully the mortgage company would not lend against it. Upon telling Connells of the new they went "oh no...we'll have to list it as cash only" which I thought was massively bone-headed especially as I'd spent a couple hundred pounds getting the survey. They had the cheek to ask to see the survey and then said that they'd… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/12/2013

this company should not be let loose on the public . I found them to be totally unprofessional and wasted weeks just trying to get my flats particulars correct - they got EVERYTHING wrong, my address, my e-mail address, they thought I lived in the flat (which was empty so a clue there) and tried to return papers to me at the flat and not where I really lived , instead of emailing me details they were sent to a complete stranger, they cant spell, their grammer is awful, never once returned my calls, I gave up and went elsewhere - this was the ANDOVER branch - total idiots! Why are they allowed to still be in business?

“TORQUAY terrible terrible service”

Written on: 16/11/2013

What a shambles they truly are the most incompetent group of useless employees ever constantly making false promises,doing nothing and if you want your house to be on the market go somewhere else also be aware of another recent review for TORQUAY branch … Read Full Review

Jouless's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2013

I agree we are haveing the most awfull time with connells, problems from day one, 8 months down the line the problems are worse they have allowed tenants to amount 8,000+ damage to our family home yet being aware of our concerns and our visits to inform them yet we pay them to manage??? solicitors here we go..

Written on: 28/11/2013

Totally agree found them to be a bunch of incompetents. Gave up trying to sell my flat with them - the flat particulars were appalling - spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, key details missing, Revised details had the same mistakes!! Never returned calls, would leave me on hold them cut me off, would leave me on hold and forget about me, would leave me on hold and then put me through to wrong person, - tried to return paperwork to me at an address where I didn't live, wanted something faxed over to them urgently but forgot to mention their fax machine was broken, were in capable of emailing details to me as they kept getting my email address wrong, they even emailed everything for me to a completely different person (that was a good one) This branch was ANDOVER there is much more but what is the point - put simply A BUNCH OF WALLIES

“Wolverhampton”

Written on: 15/11/2013

Consists of a big bunch of incompetent people with zero skills.....Never ever again. Communication is poor, service non existent....I wonder what they do all day because they certainly do NOT sell houses… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/11/2013

There is one thing they excel at and that is telepathy. Every time I rang them they said "was just thinking of you and was going to ring" Now that is quite remarkable isn't it - well done Connells - excellent stuff

Leecooke's Comment

Written on: 26/01/2014

Very disappointed to here this,Connells Wolverhampton are the top selling estate branch in the city 7 years running as well as the companies top selling branch. I take poor customer service very seriously,please contact me at the branch to discuse your issues and I will do my best to provide honest explanations thank you lee.
ITS VERY IMPORTANT YOU DO CONTACT US DUE TO OTHER ESTATE AGENTS AROUND THE COUNTRY PLACING FALSE REVIEWS ON HERE AND OTHER CENTRES TO IMPROVE THERE BUSINESS.

“Connells High Wycombe MRS X is a joke- AVOID”

Written on: 12/11/2013 by Ed22 (1 review written)

I haven't found many reviews for connells based in High Wycombe, but from what I found not even one person was happy about their service. I wonder why...? In May 2013 I decided to sell my 3bed property with connells. My mistake! They valuated the house and put it on the market.And that's it. They have NEVER called me with a feedback from a single viewing, they weren't coming to show the house. I learned their tactics: They call you and ask if the viewing is possible in an hour, or half an… Read Full Review

101Seagulls's Response to Ed22's Review

Written on: 28/11/2013

Andover is not recommended either - selling my flat with them or should I say trying to sell my flat was as painful as having teeth pulled out.
The very simplest of tasks like getting my e mail address right was way way beyond their capabilities! They could replace the staff with cardboard cut outs and no one would know the difference.

“Avoid at all cost”

Written on: 08/11/2013

Connells based in High Wycombe are NOT recommended, really... They don't contact potential buyers, they don't call vendors and they do NOT come for viewings. Extremely poor service. They try to buy time, to make vendors to stat with their agency as long as possible, but they do not work at all. We had about 14 viewings (we are sellers) and Connells, one of the ladies there, she could not come more than 2 times! We had to show the house. They did not check the buyer, they said it is cash buyer… Read Full Review

Masha111's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2013

OH i cannot agree more. Do not use these people

Sara2220's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2013

I also agree, terrible, appalling, extremely poor service...wow, how can they still be in the business?????

Written on: 28/11/2013

Yes I agree - in my experience they found simple things very taxing like returning phone calls - they couldn't quite grasp the concept, Maybe they aren't really Estate Agents after all but part of some Reality Experiment to measure just how incompetent it is possible to be.

“Watford”

Written on: 08/11/2013

What a joke. They seemed helpful at first. Arranged a viewing of a property we were interested in, I then phoned them to ask a few additional questions-only to find out the viewing could no longer take place at that time but that they could show me another property during that slot. I asked for the details of the property- but they said they were uploading details and needed a few more hours by which point they would call me to arrange a viewing. They didn't call me back so I phoned to let them… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/11/2013

Don't use ANDOVER either. I would be surprised if they could tie their shoelaces!!

“Absolutely Terrible! ”

Written on: 04/11/2013

Our experience of Connells has been terrible and we would definitely recommend avoiding them at all costs. Initially things seemed to go well as a buyer was found relatively quickly and a price was agreed for the property. However, everything went downhill very quickly from there. We were not provided with any updates at all and it was always up to us to chase them. A satisfactory reply was never available at first point of contact so we always had to wait before receiving any sort of answer… Read Full Review

I used ANDOVER what was I thinking! or not

They couldn't spell, get my email address right, get my address right (yes they couldn't figure out where I lived), return phone calls, they couldn't even get my name right!!

Can they tie their shoelaces? Find their way home? I wonder

“Avoid at all costs”

Written on: 25/10/2013 by Benjam78 (2 reviews written)

During our initial meeting we were somewhat skeptical about Connells valuation but it appeared to be backed-up with some logic so we paid an up-front fee and instructed them, thankfully for 12 weeks rather than the standard term. During this time their service was a shambles, right from the initial meeting to photograph our property using an iPhone because the proper camera was broken. It ended up taking 8 weeks to get the advert completed to our satisfaction and the problems didn't stop… Read Full Review

101Seagulls's Response to Benjam78's Review

Written on: 28/11/2013

Yes they are experts in shambles!

They excel in shambles!

MASTERS OF SHAMBLES!!

“Untrustworthy”

Written on: 18/10/2013

I wish I could include names of staff at luton leagrave branch especially the manager. The worst service we had with no professionalism at all. FTB made offers on two houses and one of them was sold to someone else without been notified to us and second one blamed us for bribing the vendor just before exchange of contracts. I want my money back… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/11/2013

Don't use ANDOVER either.

Unable to use the phone, cant spell, cant email, unable to retain any important facts in their heads, unable to retain unimportant facts in their heads - actually unable to retain anything at all - like my address, name. email address - although extremely good at wasting vast amounts of time and achieving a big zero. Yes experts in waffle and double talk.

Would make a good comedy sketch